Starts: Now
Ends: October 31st
Winners Announced: November 1st

4 Prizes will be awarded:

Funniest Costume
Scariest Costume
Cutest Costume
Best Neocron Inspired Costume

The prizes will be MC5 Chips, and maybe some surprises thrown in.

------------------------------

Rules:

1. You may only submit a photograph of yourself - do not submit a photo of someone other than yourself.

2. You may not manipulate yourself in the photograph, only the background may be edited.

3. You must send your submission to danae@neocron.com along with your forum name, and neocron account name - Do not post your submission on the forums or share it with anyone else. When you send your email denote which catagory you are entering your picture (funniest, scariest, cutest, best neocron inspired).

4. Reakktor employees and family are not eligable to win this contest but they may submit pictures anyway. When they submit their pictures they must denote their name and or relationship to the Reakktor employee.

5. No nudity or inappropriate submissions.

6. You may only submit one photograph for the contest per neocron account, although you may submit more than one for show.

7. Be creative.

(German translation coming shortly - Thanks to Berserker for helping!)

As I get submissions we will put them up on a web site which will be linked to this thread, because although for small polls the forum is great - for larger voting it is not the best and we want everyone to get a fair chance.

(German thread: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77839)

CerealKiller
05-10-03, 21:30
Awesome Danae!! :-D I'll be submitting a few pictures, going for the old school vampire motif.

Tratos
05-10-03, 21:50
BEST COMPETITION EVER!!!!!!!
my entery is gonna pwn :D

~T

there should be a crapiest constume prize category aswell, lol

Kasumi
05-10-03, 21:52
question.. japanese dont really have a Halloween... soo... if i posted a picture of me in a "costume" but not particularly for halloween would that not count? :| does that make any sense?

Edit: Thank you for the reply Danae :)

Danae
05-10-03, 21:54
Just dress up in any sort of costume as long as it fits one of the 4 catagories.

It's just a Halloween themed contest since Halloween is this month. I hope that makes sense ;P

05-10-03, 23:06
Nice idea. I sure wanna see some pics. :D

Archeus
05-10-03, 23:11
Originally posted by Danae
Do not post your submission on the forums or share it with anyone else.

Is there a reason why? I would prefer the communities vetting, otherwise I could just google a picture and pass it off as mine. Your smart but not as a smart as a couple of 1000 brains on the forums.

Kasumi
05-10-03, 23:15
I dont know what you mean byu vetting.. but she is putting them on a website for everyone to vote on them i think?

Danae
05-10-03, 23:16
Yes, there is a reason - I would like to make a bit of a contest out of guessing who's who when the contest is over - But that was going to be a surprise. But since you're gonna be a smarty pants I guess I had to tell ya :p

Edit - BTW, we will be putting all submissions up as we get them on a web site I will release that web site shortly - there will be a voting system on the site, you will be able to vote for your favourite pictures. The reason being the forums unfortunately do not allow more than 13 options per poll and I want everyone to have a chance :) Obviously the sooner you get your entry in, the better chance you have of getting votes.

SilentGravity
05-10-03, 23:20
Someone pant themselfs all green! that would so win, ala infamous Green PSI Bug ;) :D

Archeus
05-10-03, 23:22
Yes, there is a reason - I would like to make a bit of a contest out of guessing who's who when the contest is over - But that was going to be a surprise. But since you're gonna be a smarty pants I guess I had to tell ya :p

I stand corrected. A better system. ^_^

PsycheBlade
06-10-03, 00:53
Doh, how unfortunate. I lack any sort of resources to construct something to hop into that would qualify as a costume.

Though it'll be amusing to see other submissions.

nonamebrandeggs
06-10-03, 03:22
Ahaha bring on the cliche ninjas. (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75934&highlight=ninja)

thewarrior008
06-10-03, 06:04
no nudity ?

bah now i cant win :(

Mankind
06-10-03, 06:24
spydre1070 won't be in NC at the time the contest is over, so he wanted me to post his halloween costume:

http://www.naplesnews.com/02/11/graphics/01hall3.JPG

He really should win...he looks so much like a girl :)
j/k mate!

Nice idea though Danae, you got mine in the mail ^_^

EDIT: Danae im the guy on the right in the pic I sent you, if you need that info.

G.0.D.
06-10-03, 06:29
actually that pic of the ninja is spydre1070 :P

Jest
06-10-03, 09:43
Hmmm, Im not funny, and Im not scary, and I'd feel like a total dweeb if I dressed up in a Neocron related motif... I guess that leaves one category. Fear the Cuteness!!!!!

Richard Slade
06-10-03, 09:53
Umm I gotta say, isn't it VERY wrong to give ppl In-game advantages
for how they manage to look IRL?
It's incredibly sad to see that you even had a thought about it

Jest
06-10-03, 09:58
Originally posted by Richard Slade
Umm I gotta say, isn't it VERY wrong to give ppl In-game advantages
for how they manage to look IRL?
It's incredibly sad to see that you even had a thought about it Lighten up bro she is just trying to create a contest to have a little fun. Try entering. You can compete for the cute costume prize with me. :p

Richard Slade
06-10-03, 10:00
Originally posted by Jest
Lighten up bro she is just trying to create a contest to have a little fun. Try entering. You can compete for the cute costume prize with me. :p

and how would that work when I haven't got economy nuff to
even buy a pair of socks atm
Also I haven't got a scanner, digital camera, normal camera,
pen n' paper..... Nuttin that could help me post the pic..
Is this a fair way to deal with a game?
Me no thinks so
(And yes I can get all that's needed if I just put some effor in it,
but I won't for the previously stated reason)

Danae
06-10-03, 15:46
As was said - lighten up :p This is to be fun. I am dead broke, probably worse off than you, but I could still manage to look around my house and find something to make a goofy costume with, even if it was just a matter of painting my face with too much makeup and tying a table cloth around my head - give it a go. There will be more contests as well, if this one isn't your thing next time you can try again. You can't whinge at me because you won't try! Maybe next contest then? ;)

PS - If you don't have a scanner and you're absolutely desperate to join the contest let me know and I'll try to hook you up with someone who has a scanner in your neck of the woods.

Richard Slade
06-10-03, 18:37
And third point here,
what's the meaning of MC5 now?
I don't need to go MC5 if I look good IRL, geez

Oath
06-10-03, 18:49
And third point here,

[edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming]

ITS FOR FUN ITS TO AMUSE/ENTERTAIN THE BLASTED COMMUNITY.

DEAL WITH IT.

And nice idea danae (if you came up with it)

If i post a pic of my kid can i win please?

lol.

Tia
06-10-03, 18:49
Maybe you should have a category for just "Coolest costume" because there are a lot of costumes that aren't scary or funny, they're just really awesome looking.

Richard Slade
06-10-03, 18:53
[edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming]

Oath
06-10-03, 18:59
[edited for consistency]

Dude, i dont know you, so i dont not like you.

BUT your attitude here is Bs.

Oh, and because i get angry at small minded people that dont see the bigger picture, that makes me dumb?

No, that makes me somewhat hipocritical yeah, not dumb.

Its a competition, either post and enter, or dont.

AND im man enough to apologise for telling you to piss off, it was out of line, but, modify your attitude, it sucks.

Oh, yeah ill go kill myself now then.

/set kill_self 1

OZMO!

:lol: :lol:

Richard Slade
06-10-03, 19:02
Originally posted by Oath
/set kill_self 1

OWNED! :D

No seriously all I'm trying to say is that game should be game and
OOC should be OOC, and giving out MC5 chips is alittle bit too much
for my taste since it's OOC going IG
I mean c'mon, a free month of playing instead would be much sweeter
Still same game still same stuff just more time to goof around

[Edit] And who the heck is OZMO?o_O

Oath
06-10-03, 19:09
OWNED! :D

No seriously all I'm trying to say is that game should be game and
OOC should be OOC, and giving out MC5 chips is alittle bit too much
for my taste since it's OOC going IG
I mean c'mon, a free month of playing instead would be much sweeter
Still same game still same stuff just more time to goof around

[Edit] And who the heck is OZMO?o_O

Lmao, WEEELLL was in vpking grave, DJs antipoison sacntum ran out, no-one noticed, gt 12 stacks omn me noticed and tryed to type ONOZ....................instead it sounded more liek OMZO!!!!!!!!

so its a joke between me and my friends now.

And i understand your argument, its fair enough, but ways and means dude. And a free month of playing, while much better, losses kk some money, giving a mc5 chip doesnt, I WANT FREE PLAY TIME OZMO!

OMZO!

Richard Slade
06-10-03, 19:14
Originally posted by Oath
Lmao, WEEELLL was in vpking grave, DJs antipoison sacntum ran out, no-one noticed, gt 12 stacks omn me noticed and tryed to type ONOZ....................instead it sounded more liek OMZO!!!!!!!!

so its a joke between me and my friends now.

And i understand your argument, its fair enough, but ways and means dude. And a free month of playing, while much better, losses kk some money, giving a mc5 chip doesnt, I WANT FREE PLAY TIME OZMO!

OMZO!

Well true, but we're talking what... $30 in total? (if it was 3 cats)
Hell I'd say make everyone pay $0.2 extra ONE month and that money is earned back, simple enough..
Just don't like it
soz ;)

Mingerroo
06-10-03, 19:22
This is a great compo and all, very cool and stuff, but please, stop with the MC5 handouts :)

It was a nice prize for one competition, but it is kind of rediculous to just fairly randomly think up a competition and then saturate the community with decent, hard to get chips. :)

So please, add a chip type or something to be solely used as a prize, but this is rediculous... Just giving away what many people work their arses off for :S

Mingoo

Richard Slade
06-10-03, 19:23
Originally posted by Mingerroo
This is a great compo and all, very cool and stuff, but please, stop with the MC5 handouts :)

It was a nice prize for one competition, but it is kind of rediculous to just fairly randomly think up a competition and then saturate the community with decent, hard to get chips. :)

So please, add a chip type or something to be solely used as a prize, but this is rediculous... Just giving away what many people work their arses off for :S

Mingoo

Oh I love you
:p :angel: :cool: :D ;)

Danae
06-10-03, 20:03
What I'm hearing is Danae won't do anymore contests after this if people keep bitching. :(

Richard Slade
06-10-03, 20:06
What I'm hearing is Danae won't do anymore contests after this if people keep bitching. :(

Well please more comps but NOT ingame prizes, aint fair u know

=Chojin=
06-10-03, 20:22
i think its perfectly fair and a good way to motivate ppl and give them a chance to get an MC5 chip for their trouble .

Ch0

Jest
06-10-03, 20:38
What I'm hearing is Danae won't do anymore contests after this if people keep bitching. :( Bah there will always be some one who bitches, as long as the supporter to bitcher ratio is above 50% then keep doing em. ;)

japata
06-10-03, 21:09
And third point here,

Nooow let's think about this. I hope everyone remembers the famous TV-show "Happy Days" or something like that OK... now, there was this fellow Fonzie, who had chicks in the show - did he get chicks OOC? 'Course he did! :p

No seriously, if you prove yourself to be a great entertainer in any manner of contest, I think you're worth the price ingame. After all, it's not what you do for the community, it's why you do it and how much trouble did you go through to accomplish it.

All I can say that you're no pissed off becaus you don't have the looks, means and/or imagination for a halloween picture. Sucks to be you, better luck next time.

Edit: And besides, it would be better to NOT to look good for the scary picture competition. Just get a friend, parent, relative or some total stranger with a polaroid cam to take a picture of you. I bet there's a scanner in your local library for public use. :)

Mingerroo
06-10-03, 21:36
@Danae, it isn't bitching, it is suggestions :) Just because it takes two seconds to put together a costume and take a photo, and most of the categories don't even have an OUNCE of relevance to the actually game.

@ch0 It isn't very fair really, I mean, MC5 you have to earn one way or another, this competition I could get my mum to make me a costume and then just HOPE that people like it more than any other costume.

I like the competition, I like the idea of prizes, i DON'T like the idea of using the hardest chip in the game as a give-out-willy-nilly prize. :)

=Chojin=
06-10-03, 21:51

@ch0 It isn't very fair really, I mean, MC5 you have to earn one way or another, this competition I could get my mum to make me a costume and then just HOPE that people like it more than any other costume.

then uve just earnt your MC5 by dressing up...its perfectly fair its not like shes giveing away a 100 MC5 chips is it?
plus these competitions get more ppl involved in the community.
and i earnt an MC5 chip and im happy that ppl can get one by entering a competition
:) suggest a reasonable alternative for pppl embarishing themselves if u dont agee:p

Ch0

Asigoth
06-10-03, 22:41
Funniest or scariest? You decide. (http://home.comcast.net/~asigoth/images/FancyDressParty1.jpg)

Archeus
06-10-03, 22:44
Originally posted by Asigoth
Funniest or scariest?

ROFLMAO... of course nothing is dirty to the pure mind.

Mingerroo
06-10-03, 23:14
My alternative was chips that are competition ONLY, not work your arse off or get lucky in a competition. Now the NC banner was OK because it was related to the game, this compo is just setting the bad example of "hmmm, how can we give away MC5s for a non-NC-related task?"

Just not cool in my opinion, jsut keep game stuff game related is all (unless you earnt your MC5 and are passing it on through the compo).

joran420
06-10-03, 23:56
So would drug related be inappropriate?
[edit] I cant believe how many negative posts there are in here....get a life and stop whining

=Chojin=
07-10-03, 00:06
setting the bad example of "hmmm, how can we give away MC5s for a non-NC-related task?"

dude as far as im awear theyve only given Mc5's away once b4 and i think u minght b the minority about this i sure as hell dont mind them giveing away and MC5 even tho i worked my ass of to get my own one, and im gonnna enter this compo to see if i can get another

man i dont get where your coming from:confused: sorry:(

Ch0

Heavyporker
07-10-03, 00:14
well, at least MC5 chips breakdown.

But still... what about really nice stuff but not so outrageously obvious... like Larent Mods/Drugs or Kami Chips or Dildoes of Danae :D

Those things would be effectively competion-only considering how rare the first one and last one is... the second item would be rather reasonable.

Failing that, how about Recordable Datadiscs of "Exemplary Service to Neocron" for winners of the contests? Then those purely ceremonial discs would pretty much be an obscure bit of trivia for hardcore players or whatever.

There's a reason that contests use highly desirable items as prizes. They get attention.

Mankind
07-10-03, 01:04
Well last competition was a little over the top. 3 MC5 Chips for first place in a banner contest? That's roughly 60 million nc right there unless you keep em. I think that was a little too much...but that's just my opinion. This contest isn't so bad though; 1 MC5 chip for each category. Seems fair since you can only win one of the categories.

joran420
07-10-03, 01:24
most ppl wouldnt enter the competition unless they win something they want/need (a data disk saying good costume wouldnt get nearly as many entries) basically would u sign up for a contest that gave the winner a slip of paper saying they won a contest....or a contest that was giving away a free trip to hawaii?(just an example)

Oath
07-10-03, 02:26
PAPER!!!!!!!!

Always go for the paper, you can print money on paper, wipe you **** with it, draw on it, soak things up with it, amongst other things.

Now..............a holiday in hawaii

You get sunburn, heat stroke, probably very very drunk, get eaten by sharks, have hurricanes etc.

In closing, paper pwns.

/ this is a joke, im tired its 1:20 am goodnight.

McEvoy
07-10-03, 06:40
I love these contests ,
the art/fashion contest is what got me into the forum. I dont care what the prize is (though a synap accellerator would make my day :D

J. Folsom
07-10-03, 12:42
What I'm hearing is Danae won't do anymore contests after this if people keep bitching. :( [edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming]

Richard Slade
07-10-03, 12:51
Originally posted by J. Folsom
[edited for consistency]

Thanks, personal abuse in such way is always fun you know
Makes everyone so happy

Matthew.v.smith
07-10-03, 12:55
But of course.

[edited] your the 1 who shouted your mouth off in Plaza
about me being a theif when u couldent look at the facts.

So next time please do.

Matty.:wtf:

Richard Slade
07-10-03, 14:02
Originally posted by Matthew.v.smith
But of course.

[edited] your the 1 who shouted your mouth off in Plaza
about me being a theif when u couldent look at the facts.

So next time please do.

Matty.:wtf:

Umm... Come again?
I only know of one thief and that's "[edited]" (not real name)
Now what did I blame you for?

Mingerroo
07-10-03, 15:50
Gosh darn, I'm not being negative, I AM ALL FOR THE COMPETITION AND HAVING A DECENT PRIZE LIKE MAY BE A KAMIKAZE CHIP OR LAURENT DRUGS OR A SPECIAL PRIZE ONLY AVAILABLE TO THIS COMPETITION. So don't make obviously (if you read my posts) incorrect statements.

And Ch0, the banner compo was cool because it is Neocron related and a nice change, so it wasn't at all a bad idea to give MC5s as prizes. Dressing up in a costume and taking a photo has nothing to do with the game, so if you ARE going to give an in-game prize you shouldn't give an MC5, just give something that is also cool, but not the HARDEST in-game item to get, like a kamikaze chip, or a new drug, or a new chip, or a new armourset.

My problem is this competition has no relevance to ingame actions yet people are getting a HARDEST CHIP from the game for taking a photo of themselves in a costume. I'm not being negative and as a person who constantly defends this game, supports newbs, assists and posts many prominent and helpful posts I find that offensive. I am merely stating that this is a slippery slope, MC5s should only be a prize on the rare occasion of a REALLY decent and NC related competition that takes time, skill and knowledge and love for Neocron (i.e. the banner compo is a great example) :)

Mingoo

[edit] and Ch0, my problem is not that they give away MC5s, but to give away MC5s in a competition like this? When does it end, when everybody has one? They are hard to get for a reason, and it should be the dedicated players who get them, not someone dressing up as a witch (unless the do that whilst hunting at MC5 :p)

[double edit]Oh, and Danae, I respect you immensely for running the competition, so don't go down the "I'm not listening.... All I know is you aren't getting any more competitions" road because that isn't what it's about, you are taking your free time to give us a lovely spirited competition and that is excellent. I just don't like the idea (and neither do a couple of others) that this game may end up being all about items and winning them because we can't earn them from ingame activity. Ingame is ingame, and the system works, giving too much assistance to a player ingame for something they did (fairly easily) out of game upsets the balance :)

McEvoy
07-10-03, 17:40
ok so how many MC5 chips will be given out 4?, and thats not only on one server , this contest is open to all servers, so 4 little MC5 chips scattered into over 2000 people wont make a dent boy. also, your probably doing more (phisical and mental ) work comeing up with a concept and puting it together then you would runing around on neocron shooting the spawning monsters looking for the same chip. gads man this isnt like (who will lose their homes to the internet highway being constructed) calm down, if people did as much work as they did whine we would be a great comunity, "yesh my shpellings crap" :rolleyes:

Mingerroo
07-10-03, 17:55
Dude, I'm not whining, it just struck me as a beginning to something bad. We had a competition, we got MC5s, now we have an MC5 handout again, and it isn't remotely related to Neocron, what next? A "what christmas gift would you give?" competition where you just have to write a few words for an MC5?

Finally, I help newbs every day, I introduce people into the game, I give feedback, advice to others, I drive people when they first start to NC if they need me, I am part of the great community and you are saying I can't do that and have an opinion that doesn't support KK EVERY SINGLE STEP OF THE WAY?

Shit man, I'm getting sick of this community all bitching away about balls all then popping up and pointing at others saying - "oh my God, he whined, he is an useless member of our community, he's what makes this game bad".

I don't whine at every opportunity, this is one of those rare occasions where I feel something is wrong. So don't name-call, it's rude.

Mingoo

=Chojin=
07-10-03, 18:10
least more ppl have a chance in this competition i mean the banner one i had no chance in, this one me and alot of other ppl might have a chance, and im sorry but i still dont see your point:(
but heys its the way u feel so its up to u i spose:)

Ch0

SamuraiPizzaCat
07-10-03, 20:51
Im gonna be a gentank in PA!!!:)
*gets cardboard box and scotch tape*:p

McEvoy
07-10-03, 22:10
Originally posted by SamuraiPizzaCat
Im gonna be a gentank in PA!!!:)
*gets cardboard box and scotch tape*:p

:D dont forget platform shoes

joran420
07-10-03, 22:16
well everyone wants an MC 5....almost no one has one....everything else is pretty trivial in the game rares are not that rare except MC 5's.....If they were giving away a psi core...only low - mid lvl monks would enter....If they offered your choice of implant everyone would pick MC 5....if they wanted only 10-15 entries they could give away some crap prize ...if they wanted 100-200 entries they could offer a rare....but rares are pretty class specific...there are 4 MC 5's one for each class so that will get the most entries.....If they offered a CS only a handful of tanks would enter

Mingerroo
07-10-03, 22:30
Errr.... then why not offer any chip BUT MC5s? So you can have an SF or an SS or a psi core or a Marine's. That's EXACTLY the same system you proposed as a reason for using MC5s as a prize o_O. Also, they aren't THAT common, I know of a fair few people who's SFs broke, or they desparately need a Marines. :)

REMUS
08-10-03, 10:53
the price you put on mc5 cpus now = worthless

LOL although they are pretty shit fair play hehe, so is there.

Ill dress up like a jack ass for the hell of it tho :D

Candaman
08-10-03, 11:53
Does the word Ungrateful strike anyone else??

KramerTheWeird
08-10-03, 14:41
Hey Danae I don't know if you have seen my email or not but I wanted to know if there was a way for you to assure people a picture is real? A friend of mine has a great pic of her for submission on a popular gaming site, so she's kinda worried people won't believe it's her.

Original monk
08-10-03, 15:51
Not alot posts of costumes yet, 2 bad, im lookin for a costume myself but cant find any atm, but if i find one i post it/ or i make a suit myself cause i never entered a competition here :) yet...

And the price looks very intresting: one of them valuable mc5 chips, but what if you cant use a mc5 chip (only for selling that is then) ? is it possible to trade that mc5 chip-price for a multislotted COPOT plasmarifle and some ammobp's ? would be even more intresting ya see :P because of its ultra-rareness hehe.
I know its not polite to ask for anything that wasnt offered but still i couldnt resist asking the question ;)

wolfwood
08-10-03, 15:59
im goin to dress up as a monk / jawa and run around yelling things at little children. :D

Danae
08-10-03, 16:06
if you can prove a questionable pic is real - ie. with information proving it's real that's fine - other pictures proving it's you etc.

let me tell you that one of the best costumes that has been submitted so far has been the simplest. We are still working on the poll part of the site so it will be up asap. I apologize for any delay.

I do somewhat understand the concern of some of you. But giving out 4 chips isn't going to ruin anything imo, and I would like to point out Thanatos is the one who came up with the prize idea :p I love you Thanny!

Mingerroo
08-10-03, 16:11
Originally posted by Candaman
Does the word Ungrateful strike anyone else??

Grrr. As I REPEATEDLY say in my posts, the competition is a great idea and I AM grateful, my only problem is with the prize. Ahhh, damn it, just forget it, you obviously aren't paying attention to the content of my posts, and I don't play as of a couple of days ago anyway, so just live in your EVERYONE HAS TO LOVE EVERYONE world where I can't make a clear and concise, pleasantly put and extra solution added idea without being ungrateful. If you people actually got a clue as to what I am trying to say, which isn't bitching, then perhaps we'd actually get somewhere.

Now I understand that your view may be tainted by the masses that DO bitch about everything and anything, but this is a one off occasion and although I am grateful I was just expressing my concern, as you can see some people are in agreement with me.

But, yeah, if you still think I'm ungrateful then perhaps you can see why I stopped putting in any effort to making this game better for everyone.

:rolleyes: **Mingoo has left the game**

[SP]Ostrich
09-10-03, 10:16
Great idea for a comp... but ingame items... :/, just doesn't sound right to me :(

Mingerroo
09-10-03, 19:59
Originally posted by [SP]Ostrich
Great idea for a comp... but ingame items... :/, just doesn't sound right to me :(

Thank you, see, It isn't just me and Richard Slade :o

joran420
09-10-03, 20:37
ok ill take 100.00 check instead :rolleyes: then ill just go ebay a mc 5

Kasumi
10-10-03, 08:20
I dont see the problem with the Prize.. this a good chance for the people who cant get them.. but i would prfer something else because i dont care for MC5 CPUs... but whatever lol ^_^;;

StrongSad
11-10-03, 06:57
giving out MC5 chips is awsome!!!!

My only real char is a rifle spy and I have NO WAY of getting any mc5 parts (cept i blew my life savings on one part for 2mil NC). I cant be spending that kind of cash on all those parts.

Mingerroo, how is a spy ever gonna get mc5 parts? Mc5 was deisgned mainly for apu/ppu monks an MAYBE tanks. A spy doesnt live for 2 seconds.

Dont ruin it for me :(

SigmaDraconis
11-10-03, 15:31
but I could still manage to look around my house and find something to make a goofy costume with, even if it was just a matter of painting my face with too much makeup and tying a table cloth around my head - give it a go.

o.0

Anyway...can we think of some diff prizes? the ad contest i can see as it may have helped KK out somehow with publicity. But this is just for fun..how bout getting the costume modeled and givin to them as their charactor skin? Special RP items, unique prize only gear/armour, dynamic objects...soemthing interesting ya know.

Ascension
11-10-03, 15:41
Give something unique:confused: Not MC 5 chips.. People have worked so hard in there (including me) to get their chips. So giving out chips isnt really fair:wtf:

Give them Kami chips or something or a named weapon i dunno..
Just not MC 5 chips.

KramerTheWeird
11-10-03, 17:33
Honestly, I can't see why people are having so much trouble accepting mc5 chips as a prize.. I mean the are very hard to obtain, and are probably the highest value item in the neocron market right now. If you don't want it, you can sell it and get 20 million or so.. is that all THAT bad? I think it's one of the best prizes anyone can get.

StrongSad
11-10-03, 17:56
[editing some inappropriate stuff] Let some other people have an mc5 chip. I think all these anti mc5 people are worried they may lose some power if others get them.

Matthew.v.smith
11-10-03, 18:29
I agree with Kramer and Strongsad.

you guys are throwing all ya toys out of your pram over 1 little MC5 chip per 4 winners.

This was supposed to be a fun compo but atm it's far from fun with a variety of guys who keep going on and on about the chip i mean u dont even know if your gonna win yet!! its like the prize is on its way to u and your dissapointed by what uve won.
so if u dont like the prize dont enter because all your doing is whine whine whine MC5 chip whine whine whine its a good idea....no its not whine whine whine.

U heared what Danae said if u dont buck up your acts then she wont do any more compos and that would be a real gutter.

the Chip is fine by me and i and many others will be happy if we actually win 1 :D

Matty.:angel:

P.S) Danae when do u think the votes page will be up :p

Danae
12-10-03, 04:27
The prizes are already decided for THIS EVENT. However, next contest I guess I'll give out junk knives :)

PS. Give me until the 15th to get the vote page up :p KEEP SENDING SUBMISSIONS!

NS_CHROME54
12-10-03, 04:52
i figure i can probably make a Hazard Suit, as modeled by the ever famous Gordon Freeman at the fall Fashion Extravaganza in Black Mesa, with extra footage shot at the planet Zen.

Styrofoam and paint, i already have the uber goatie goin. oh and nerd glasses.

Mankind
12-10-03, 09:54
The prizes are already decided for THIS EVENT. However, next contest I guess I'll give out junk knives :)

PS. Give me until the 15th to get the vote page up :p KEEP SENDING SUBMISSIONS!

Damn til the 15th? Make me have to go through work first then be able to see all the laughs and cries and scares of the contest :p

Not fair :(

QuantumDelta
12-10-03, 10:22
I'm not even entering, but I would like to say I want the people who are entering to have fun.

Can the people who are complaining about one little bit of data, one little ID in a Database file, in this enourmous information super highway of the internet ........please, leave it out?

Let them have fun.
Danae Chose the idea, not them. Danae Chose the prizes, not them.

...Give a little....it's not that bad a feeling...

=Chojin=
12-10-03, 13:52
Originally posted by QuantumDelta

Danae Chose the idea, not them. Danae Chose the prizes, not them.

...Give a little....it's not that bad a feeling...

Thanatos is the one who came up with the prize idea :p I love you Thanny!

:p
still i need to finalize my idea for this compo:D

Ch0

RuButt
12-10-03, 14:10
There should be a "NeoCron Pumpin Slicing Contest" to :p

like blizzard...

http://www.blizzard.com/images/misc/halloween02.jpg

i think that is the last years winner

a WC3 Demonhunter

Mankind
16-10-03, 01:51
*cough* Danae, you have little time left. The clock is ticking, we're waiting :)

Shujin
19-10-03, 03:03
dont put damn vote page up till after halloween.... alot of ppl got costumes they cant put on till then.... mine is fuckin kik ass but i cant put it before bcuz... then i cant take it off and put it back on, fuckin expensive as hell 1 time use shit

and alot of people cant use there still till halloween, so wait till Nov 1st to post the voting thats just messed up not to...

Candaman
19-10-03, 11:54
So Danae when are we gonna see ur Haloween Pic!!

Archeus
19-10-03, 12:10
ROFLMAO... I will be very surprised if the cutest one is legit. It looks like a nicked picture from a Cosplay convention.

Only two of the pictures look like people actually tried. By the way the NC competitions go the winner will be Ms Cosplay. The last competition there was no way in hell the guy who won drew those pictures (notice he deleted his doping picture which proved it).

Danae
19-10-03, 15:55
okok i'm flexible.

The vote will start November 2nd but all submissions MUST be in by November 1st. I will delete the first thread and put new ones up explaining what's going on.

as for my costume mr smarty pants you've already seen some of it :p

still need to buy the rest lol