PDA

View Full Version : MJS wut about start rewarding the volenteers some ?

Peeping Tom
05-10-03, 15:59
YO MJS
well i do know alot of the volenteers does alot of hard and great work for the comunity and ingame \ support etc
wut about start paying them or atleast give them some freebies ( new hardware etc ) i bet a new gfx card would be appriciated from alot of em :)

jsut my 2 cent

K4F

Nexxy
05-10-03, 16:01
how about he dont but says he did?

that way everyones happy...

Ren
05-10-03, 16:13
Originally posted by Nexxy
how about he dont but says he did?

that way everyones happy...

except the GM's............who wont get something promised.

which would inturn fuck him up.

[SP]Ostrich
05-10-03, 16:14
Except for the volunteers... agreed give em something... a game arcade token :D... i'm not a nerd!

Keyol45743241
05-10-03, 16:49
They don't even reward finding and reporting exploits. Which I personally can't understand. Of course, if you get caught exploiting you'd get hit with the bannstick, but if you'd put a reward on the other end.....? MMh?

Doesn't have to have a real value, just a stupid bottle of "ExploitReporter" or whatever. Even if it IS a real value, it wouldn't be so bad, would it? A few rareparts more or less, who else cares? And the person in question would have a "positive amplification".

:confused: I don't get it..... :(

Pwnage
06-10-03, 06:09
You know, you're so fucking right.

Here's a quite from Callash's sig:

Callash
Neocron Storyline & Content Development
Voluntary Helper, ReaKKtor.com

This guy has done so much for Neocron in the past few months, and he's a volunteer?

FFS, 99% of you don't volunteer to do the dishes after dinner FOR YOUR OWN FAMILY.

This guy volunteers to code a game... and gets nothing in return?

No wonder there's like 5 slot artifact uranium x-heated explosive pain easers with silencer and laser pointers around. If I put in half the effort he did into this game, you better belive I'd be spawning shit for my friends cuz it's the only damn thing I could get for my time and effort.

Shadow Dancer
06-10-03, 06:10
PAY LUPUS!

KidWithStick
06-10-03, 06:13
or, hire more volunteers who are willing to work for free, and using the money that your talking about to pay the current ones, be put into hiring more programmers to fix the game.

thewarrior008
06-10-03, 06:14
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
PAY LUPUS!

i agree absolutely hes done alot of work here recently i think and also clash whos about to do the greatest job eva and plz donot forgot moonunit :p

and btw u donot havta pay nidhogg ...... cuz itink u do tat already. :p no volunteeer is so dedicated in closing threads hehehaha

Hippieman
06-10-03, 06:16
Do you honestly think MJS actually gives a fuck? Hell no as long as he gets his near 4k watch, hes fucking happy.

Shadow Dancer
06-10-03, 06:20
Originally posted by Hippieman
Do you honestly think MJS actually gives a fuck? Hell no as long as he gets his near 4k watch, hes fucking happy.

rofl, why do people keep getting on his case about the watch?

Hippieman
06-10-03, 06:20
rofl, why do people keep getting on his case about the watch?

Thats a fucking expensive watch.

phunqe
06-10-03, 09:31
Well, I've applied for GM 2 times.
I haven't got a single "Ok, your interest is noted. Thank you".

I don't care if MJS calls me up and say "Hey lamer look at my new watch muahahah you get nothing and I got 1 mil dollars".
I don't care if people call me n00b, sucky GM or tell me to go f*ck myself.

What I do care about is helping out before things might get out of hand. I haven't seen a GM in-game for.. what is it now... 3 months?

EOF 2c

Peeping Tom
06-10-03, 09:31
PAY LUPUS!
yeah and that boy realy need a new gfx card :P
as far as i know.. the only thing volunteers gets atm is a free nc account.. dat they usaly dont have time to play on now since they do so much support etc
a game company shouldt have to much trouble getting some hardware stuff tho the ppl
and yeah PAY them
K4F

El Barto
06-10-03, 09:59
Yeah, they should get some thing out of the work, unless they already do and we just don't know about it.

Jesterthegreat
06-10-03, 11:14
Originally posted by phunqe
Well, I've applied for GM 2 times.
I haven't got a single "Ok, your interest is noted. Thank you".

out of curiosity how did you apply?

i have sent an email to jobs@neocron.com (i think thats the address) and have been completely ignored...

considering between me and my RL mates we actually know everything about this game... i personally have capped 90% of classes / subclasses and m mates have done the rest

i mean i have managed to get to 253 research unboosted... doing nothing but pure tradeskilling! thats a fair commitment! :p

NC Junkie

Syntax-Error
06-10-03, 11:20
thats the wrong addess

also currently theres a 12 month waiting list to have your GM application looked at.

Jesterthegreat
06-10-03, 11:23
i sent the mail ages ago so i prob wrote the wrong address this time... i got the address from nid or someone in the thread where we discussed GM's with CoDi lol

and if there is that much of a fuckin waiting list why the hell arent they letting ANYONE through? i cannot remember the last time i saw a GM...

oh yeah i can... i said GM's suck and he appeared infront of me with a FL out O_o then left lol

:edit:

Originally posted by Carbonite
Ok ppl please stop spamming Snowcrash's Private Message Box...

If you want to aply then mail Jobs@neocron.com, thats where they should go not to Snow's PM Box ;)

10 hours a week?? pffft
try over 50 hours a week ;) hrhr thats how long i work with GM related stuff :p

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77288&perpage=15&highlight=jobs@neocron.com&pagenumber=5

Syntax-Error
06-10-03, 11:25
THere are many many GMs (too many in my eyes)

they just dont tend to get involved much, but i send constant inagme support tickets and still see new names almost ever time.

hmm maybe its the right adress then, but sure wasnt the one i sent a mail too and i get a reply in the same day. dunno wot addy it was tho :(

Jesterthegreat
06-10-03, 11:41
well the GM's should be doing more than attempting support tickets.

GM's should also be the bridge between the community and the devs.

i know lupus etc does this well... and more people should be acting like both a technical person (not necessaraly coding like lupus, but doin tickets, goin to see people with problems etc) and like a liason between us and them.

KK needs to sort out communication... i will do it... i dont mind being yelled at cos some people dont like it, or its too late in the game for that change, or people demand a skill release... ill be diplomatic in my answers ^.^

i have also applied for a GM position in the FOM beta as they are open for GM enteries. considering i have beta tested 3-4 MMORPG's that are big, was playing CS in the Beta stages (ok so thats not a rare thing... loads of peeps where) and i have played near enough all MMORPG's / RPG's / FPS's i am hoping i can be some kind of help.

NC Junkie

J. Folsom
06-10-03, 12:02
Volunteering:
To perform or offer to perform a service of one's own free will.
To do charitable or helpful work without pay.

I do agree however that some kind of reward for the seriously active Volunteer GMs would be good, but there's definitely no obligation to do so.