PDA

View Full Version : October 6th - Mu Online.

Mankind
05-10-03, 08:19
I've been checking out this game for the past 2 weeks, and honestly can say I am impressed. I wanted to play it, but when I downlaoded it, it was in Korean text so I was unable to figure anything out. Now this might not be everyones cup of coffee, but I recommend checking it out. The game has over 100,000 combinations of weapons, armor, and defensive spells, meaning a great uniqueness between players.

http://www.muonline.com

The English version will be available tomorrow (October 6th). So if you want to try it out, and it might be something you like, come over and join myself as well as some others that have already said it looks promising. I'm not going to get my hopes up, but I think I won't be let down any worse than Neocron lately.

(Not a quitting thread)

Thanks

Drake6k
05-10-03, 08:24
wow that looks good, I'll have to give it a try

Thanks!

Zokk
05-10-03, 08:26
Looks cool... I'll give it a try when the english version is available :D

Edit: Besides, it's Korean... so there'll be lots of people going "kekeke ^___^"

QuantumDelta
05-10-03, 08:27
iRO.....take 2........ACTION.

http://iro.ragnarokonline.com/
Might help a tad....

Mankind
05-10-03, 08:29
Originally posted by QuantumDelta

lol, what's that mean?

CryptoChronic
05-10-03, 09:23
lol same thing happened to me.. i was so excited and when i finished downloading and installed i was like wtf is this shit :mad: :mad: :mad: then started clicking on a bunch of icons with korean on em but that got me nowere :/

PS: omg ur sig is the funniest thing ive ever seen

BlackDove
05-10-03, 09:26
Originally posted by QuantumDelta

http://iro.ragnarokonline.com/
Might help a tad....

:) Just with more weapons this time. Maybe a story too.

MjukisDjur
05-10-03, 09:56
diablo 2 engine spinoff of some kind?

Divide
05-10-03, 10:30
more importantly, this is also my 21st birthday

mdares
05-10-03, 10:59
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIVIDE!!!!!!!11111oneoneoen

Delloda
05-10-03, 11:32
wow, it does look like what diablo 2 would be like online. one thing that you can be assured of is that since it is korean-made... it will have many, many updates with tons of content added rapidly as with the case of lineage.

Kenjuten
05-10-03, 15:00
Meh... RO had a story, but Gravity didn't take any steps at all (at least on the english servers) to ACTIVELY advance it. I think their idea was to let the community do all the roleplay themselves without any game support whatsoever. Unfortunately this turned the overall community into something far worse than D2's B.Net.

At least, that's how I understood it all. ^^;

enablerbr
05-10-03, 15:09
after my various korean betas i've played. i'm in no hurry to try another. something about the couldn't care sh!t response for non korean testers.

ajm
05-10-03, 15:43
Originally posted by Delloda
wow, it does look like what diablo 2 would be like online.
What do you mean, "would be like"?

Asigoth
05-10-03, 15:43
lol, Ragnarok Online is trash. I'm sorry, but... it's just horrible. For starters, it's got no PvP. Which would be fine, if it had something else to make up for it. But it doesn't. The purpose of the game is just to level up. Nobody roleplays there. The story is nonexistant as far as I gathered (I didn't see one anywhere during beta.) Heck, there isn't even a wide selection of weapons/armor to get.

So basically, it's like a console RPG that you pay monthly for to play with a bunch of non-RPing immature idiots (didn't like the community). But this RPG has no story, has no goals, no 'bosses', no anything. The only way I could justify playing it, is that it has a unique "anime" style of drawing.

Thumbs down. BIG thumbs down.

Kenjuten
05-10-03, 23:55
Mm...

See, what was wrong with _i_RO, was, it had no PvP, low (if at all) storyline to RP with, no RP support from the game itself, and not much to do at all except spend hours, days, weeks, hunting something for a rare that probably would only come once a year. That's pretty much right.

It's a bit funny how the other side of the world had RO PvP, and not just PvP, but a whole new concept of guildwars, in such a fashion that is much more uniform than the OP-Wars herein.

Gravity, from what I understood, had so much income from its Korean and Japanese servers that it didn't have to do much in iRO.

40,000 or so accounts were bought from Gravity when iRO went pay-to-play. That's $600,000 right in their pockets in one month of playing, on top of the god-knows-how-many accounts on the korean and japanese servers (As a example, the chinese and thai servers, which weren't in the original plan of Gravity, have about 6x as many servers than iRO.) that were bought from Gravity. I dunno how the game is now, but it was so far behind the other side of the world that I doubt it will survive for long.

At iRO's current state, yes, there isn't jack shit at all to it.

But there's something that Gravity is that KK is also, as I have noticed. iRO's still kicking, and it's all thanks to one translator.

Just like CoDi, who is composed currently of only one coder.

Unfortunately...there is something Gravity is that KK isn't.
And that is, Neocron isn't getting jack support from KK aside from the coder, the GMs, and occasional great ideas.

Make your choice on who is better. Gravity, or KK.

DarK | Cid
06-10-03, 02:53
I don't know how this thread digressed to a discussion between KK and iRO.. but the Mu Online game looks like it took a page out of Blizzard's book and crafted an MMORPG around it. I know there are probably a lot of differences that I can't see from looking at screenshots alone, but the game itself looks like it could be very enteraining.

Marx
06-10-03, 02:56
Yep, game looks like I can widdle some time on it between class and work.

:)

Rieper
06-10-03, 02:57
RO Gms are Fascist pigdogs... dunno bout the game though :)

Mankind
06-10-03, 03:27
Ragnarok has a lot of customers, but in all honesty its not the same type of game. The graphics are more anime and childish, and I think it's meant for kids more, even though adults do play it. Anyways, let's try to stay on topic and see what people think from what they've seen on the website, OR if we have any players here that have got into the Korean version maybe they could give some input on the game.

Thanks

Shujin
06-10-03, 03:34
"MU has over 100,000 combinations of armors, weapons and defensive tools. Each weapon has their own potential level and are expressed in a smorgasbord of color. Therefore, as you slowly and lovingly build your character, you will be amazed and overwhelmed by the majesty of your efforts.
"
im so gonna play this ;o

Marx
06-10-03, 03:41
Yeah, it looks amazingly hot.

God bless the various horrid online translators - Now I can bring my state of assholiness across the laguage divide.

http://dirtynuke.net/keke.JPG

LOLZ IM GUNA BE THAR!11

Zokk
06-10-03, 04:16
So when is it October 6th over there, the download doesn't seem to be up yet and I've been checking all day :mad:

Shujin
06-10-03, 04:16
Originally posted by Zokk
So when is it October 6th over there, the download doesn't seem to be up yet and I've been checking all day :mad: its not oct 6th everywhere...

Mankind
06-10-03, 04:24
They just added the registration to the page, for new accounts (had to be like 2 hours ago, because I checked it a little bit earlier and wasnt on there). Download probably be in the next 12 hours.

Ark
06-10-03, 04:44
hehe wow this is pretty cool

Zokk
06-10-03, 06:11
Originally posted by Shujin
its not oct 6th everywhere...

Which is why I asked "When is it October 6 over there?"

.Cyl0n
06-10-03, 06:14
wow it looks pretty cool :)
cant wait for it :D

.cy

JeRkyMorOn
06-10-03, 07:22
hey this game isnt dling... for me site is down or wtf is up with this ... =(

Shujin
06-10-03, 07:34
Which is why I asked "When is it October 6 over there?" which is why i didnt even read it cuz im tired so ;0

Psycho_Soldier
06-10-03, 08:37
Downloading now, using Getright, pretty fast. I tried without Getright but it was way too slow.

Shujin
06-10-03, 08:39
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier
Downloading now, using Getright, pretty fast. I tried without Getright but it was way too slow. dlin now also ;] what name will u be using? ill be Shujin

my god.... w/ dap its goine 4 k/s omg ;o

well without dap its goin at bout 20 k/s so a bit better, hope this isnt a sign of how bad we will lag

Psycho_Soldier
06-10-03, 08:42
Heh, im over 70kb/s. The top speed for my connection is like 86kb/s

My name will be impecca because I can't use Psycho_Soldier because its over 10 characters O_o

Shujin
06-10-03, 08:43
;] well i usually download like 130-150 k/s but this ;o its jus sad

woot ok now its goin 120 k/s

QuantumDelta
06-10-03, 08:48
servers a little flooded.
6kb/sec for me...

Psycho_Soldier
06-10-03, 09:03
Edit: NM about the resolution, I was wrong, but is there anyway to change the font, by the way, is there any Mu Online forums to go to? I don't see any on the site.

Ok actually... You have to go to options when you first try and run it, then make sure the resolution is set right. When I first did it, it was set right but not... What I mean is, when I went to options it already had my desired resolution selected, it just never would have took effect unless I went into options...

JeRkyMorOn
06-10-03, 10:49
does anyone know why i cant connect... how do i sign up says invalid acct...

evs
06-10-03, 11:15
gonna get this when i go home i think :)

someone set up an NC guild so we can all join that n beat up the other players :D

Delloda
06-10-03, 11:24
damn it ! no pking in it yet :(

NeoLojik
06-10-03, 11:25
*downloads*

Gotta be worth a try, looks just like Diablo2.

Dont worry NC, I still wub j00 :D

Nexxy
06-10-03, 11:34
onoz i just get page can not be displayed atm =( ill try later...

Nixon
06-10-03, 11:52
Just downloading 51.838 Kbps

Is there any PvP in this game?

Nexxy
06-10-03, 12:04
dont think the re is PvP yes because everyone is fighting on the same side atm...i think.

And finally downloading had to start up a download manager to get it working.

oo just found this so dunno anymore..-

there will be combat amongst the guilds in the interest of improvement of fighting power. Inter guild combat between guilds is arranged by the guild masters and there will be no drop of items or career points and the experience of open melee combat can be freely had.

Nixon
06-10-03, 12:15
Just read some FAQ's

It seems you can kill anyone, but they have also kind of an
soullight system in this game too. If you kill someone you
get some penalties like item dropping, exp loss and such.

The penalties wear off in 3-9 hours

..Oh download complete..

Mankind
06-10-03, 13:13
"Mu Global will be accessible only from countries that Mu isn''t currently being serviced. In other words, users from China, Taiwan, Japan and Thailand will not be able to access Mu Global. We apologize for any inconveniences and thank you for your support and interest."

Hmmm...

NeoLojik
06-10-03, 13:30
Originally posted by Mankind
"Mu Global will be accessible only from countries that Mu isn''t currently being serviced. In other words, users from China, Taiwan, Japan and Thailand will not be able to access Mu Global. We apologize for any inconveniences and thank you for your support and interest."

Hmmm... So, Mu Global gets a clean shiney server, that cant be a bad thing :P

My ingame name is Javan, will cya all in there :)

Looks good, kinda like the last game I played similar to this, Legend of Mir.

Ren
06-10-03, 13:34
for people having troubles with it being bent and not letting you download.

Use this direct link

ftp://muonline.nefficient.co.kr/pub/muonline/Global/MU0_95d_full(Eng).exe

have fun.

edit......WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 49 BYTES A SECOND......................:(

Nixon
06-10-03, 13:38
Mu charname Sammael

Nexx got owned by my noob..

Nexxy
06-10-03, 13:59
me > you

i see you running away from me n00b

Stigmata
06-10-03, 14:03
the download speed sucks balls

im getting 1 kbps

estimated time to completion 29hours on my 600k line :(

Nixon
06-10-03, 16:22
Yeah well theres prolly a shitload of people downloading it..

I dunno.. i kinda like it so far, but im afraid that the world is just too small.

(checked the maps on the website)

Marx
06-10-03, 16:36
Anyone having problems getting into the game?

Create my Char (Marx, of course) but when I try to get him in - megets teh' loading screen indefinately

Nixon
06-10-03, 16:40
I had no problems at all..

Mankind
06-10-03, 16:50
No problems getting into the game.
Been leveling for 3-4 hours now, and it's hella fun :)

As for the maps being too small I agree to an extent. The game is early beta. Things will be added as the game progresses, so I'm not too worried.

Pk is not implemented, but that's okay; I'm not ready on getting my ass kicked yet ;)

My name on Maya Server 1 is Century.

CryptoChronic
06-10-03, 16:51
it wont let me download the game it keeps timing out :(:(:(

.Cyl0n
06-10-03, 18:14
rawwr im dling it right now with 98 kb/s

nixon we gotta meet ingame then :p

.cy

CryptoChronic
06-10-03, 18:35
it keeps trying to patch but the autopatcher keeps freezing ('not responding') anyone else gettin this problem?

Ikon
06-10-03, 18:38
Originally posted by CryptoChronic
it keeps trying to patch but the autopatcher keeps freezing ('not responding') anyone else gettin this problem?

same thing here

SovKhan
06-10-03, 18:38
download for me is fine going between 50 KB/sec 78 KB/sec.

CC -> ill let u know when im done Dling.

NC being down sucks heh.

JeRkyMorOn
06-10-03, 18:39
ok anyone out there that can help meh??? i can connect to the servers and shit just fine... but when i enter in a acct and password it says invalid acct... well WHERE do i create a valid one or wtf is going on here...

.Cyl0n
06-10-03, 18:39
lol.. first time i logged in i had no probs.. and he didnt dl any patches.... now i quitted ....tried to recon and suddenly he wants to dl 225 files O_O

.cy

JeRkyMorOn
06-10-03, 18:55
did u just make up an acct/pw when u got ingame and it let u connect??

.Cyl0n
06-10-03, 19:02
nope i made an acc on the website
i logged in with that username - pw... but never got an e mail o_O

it works tho:)

.cy

CryptoChronic
06-10-03, 19:03
i reinstalled and now it working... laggy as shit though

SovKhan
06-10-03, 19:04
yah 1024 rez killed my computer, i went back down to 640x480, and im dling all the updates now. they go quick im in 166 of 220. 167... haha

CryptoChronic
06-10-03, 19:10
cylon u did a good job of following me lol
servers way to laggy :p

Ikon
06-10-03, 19:14
this is some seriously gay crap

enablerbr
06-10-03, 19:19
as theres a few of you going for it. i'll risk it and try it out. if you see Mage-Drk that'll be me.

SovKhan
06-10-03, 19:23
woah that was laggggyyyyy & bad fps.

even the opening menus were bad fps.

Ikon
06-10-03, 19:24
Originally posted by enablerbr
as theres a few of you going for it. i'll risk it and try it out. if you see Mage-Drk that'll be me.

don't waste your time, it's stupid

Psycho_Soldier
06-10-03, 19:26
O_o

I get pretty good FPS and little lag... I may have found a good game to last me till Half-Life 2 comes out or longer.

SovKhan
06-10-03, 19:34
it was my drivers, i just got new ones then reinstalled. i havnt restarted in like 3 weeks so my uptime might have been contributeing to it as well.

solling
06-10-03, 19:40
u need an account WTF ??????????????

SovKhan
06-10-03, 19:47
the main page wait for the whole thing to load

solling
06-10-03, 19:51
how in the world can u enter the game all i get is the start page and a option called maya ( a server) and to enter it says u need account so plzzzzzzz explain to me (like u would a 5 year old child :P) what do i do ?

Tickles
06-10-03, 20:04
Can anyone provide me with an alternative download site for this, cause downloading at 256 bytes a second is a little bit tedious :mad:

.Cyl0n
06-10-03, 20:17
you go to the normal official website and create an acc.. lol
its simple :P

yea crypto lol you warped away :I
well the game is ok but the looting system sucks..everyone's stealing your cash =/

and you cant dm or trade until lvl 6 o_O

.cy

CryptoChronic
06-10-03, 20:18
the game seems kinda dull to me .... plus the graphics arent anything special... the sound sucks too..

.Cyl0n
06-10-03, 20:21
has anyone pked yet ?
i saw some ppl hitting each other for ... hours lol
and they couldnt kill each other =/

looks like you cant hurt other players yet :(

.cy

Nexxy
06-10-03, 20:31
OK ive played for a few hours...its boring.

SovKhan
06-10-03, 20:32
in town u cant i think. but there were people all black which means theve killed someone. sorta is dull i got a helm, gloves a new spell. blah. NC is back.

Mankind
07-10-03, 01:20
Well I think it's fun. Most people give up because it's extremely hard in the beginning. It's easy as hell now, and really interesting. The graphics are great, the sound is fine, and my fps/lag is normal. I was able to idle in the game for 5 hours too; something I've never been able to do in Neocron.

So some people will like it, others will think it's boring for their own reasons. I'll probably still pay for Neocron on the side, but definitely going to be leveling hardcore in Mu this week :)

Zokk
07-10-03, 05:19
I think the game is pretty cool... I played a game just like it before when I was waiting for Neocron to be shipped to US stores (Helbreath). It's not like this game is the best game ever made, I just like the change of pace from Neocron.

And yes, you can kill people... this mage dude hit me with a fire ball and I sliced his ass open in like 3 swings :D Major battles should be interesting to say the least :cool:

Edit: Oh yeah... lets make a guild. I met Cyl0n, hinch, psycho soldier, and a couple others in game today, we would rule the server :P

hinch
07-10-03, 05:31
is that before of after the giant hands you your ass :)

you have to be lvl 100 before you can open an elite guild
failing that you have to join one of the 2 existing guilds
however the code for guild joining isnt inplace yet it would asume as i cant join the mage guild

Vid Gamer
07-10-03, 05:32
Anyone have a mirror dl for this game?

At this rate I have 19 hours for it to complete.

Mankind
07-10-03, 08:13
I don't think any other places are hosting except Mu's server. They should put it out on Fileplanet or 3dgamers. I would host it on my computer on an FTP, but I don't feel like it :p

Psycho_Soldier
07-10-03, 08:28
Has anyone found the forums for Mu yet? :confused:

Shujin
07-10-03, 08:42
how teh hell u change the resolution
the resolution and gfx sux for me ;[]

Nixon
07-10-03, 12:47
Duron 700 @ 1050, GF4ti, 256

I play it on 1280x1024 and fps isn't low at all..

Hrm it seems you can kill pkers cos i pwned some red/black
colored dude there.. All he got to say was 'lvl?' and died..

And so far i like the game.. Leveled to 14 last night, so soon
i can leave the n00b zone and go bash some real monst0rs.

Again, my Mu character Sammael, say hi if u see me :}

QuantumDelta
07-10-03, 12:57
Installing errors = Teh Winz!

Can't even get the thing past the install shield before I kicks me out with an error...

Nixon
07-10-03, 13:16
Neocron patch 158 or so error = teh winz :}

I had no problems anywhere.. maybe i'm just lucky then?

hinch
07-10-03, 14:26
Originally posted by Nixon
Again, my Mu character Sammael, say hi if u see me :}

wondered who you were

you can leave the n00b city at lvl10

gotta get a scroll of town portal from mage dude and your away

Vince Kyzar
07-10-03, 14:27
hehe, is that hinch on maya1 you ?
i'm gavin hayes ... reached lvl4 now but the slow healing in the beginning (trough leaning against walls) sucks :( and the enemies are rather hard

hinch
07-10-03, 14:30
yeah its me
im lvl 11 now i think

dont wanna leave town till i have someone at my lvl to go with me though.

eat apples they cost 60 for 3 of them activate them by pressing the q key and work damn well.

stick to mobs in bottom right for now spiders and bulge dragons

once your at about lvl 5 and have a fireball or a good meelee attack go kill the bulls who are directly south of the bottom right exit.

StryfeX
07-10-03, 14:31
Originally posted by Vince Kyzar
hehe, is that hinch on maya1 you ?
i'm gavin hayes ... reached lvl4 now but the slow healing in the beginning (trough leaning against walls) sucks :( and the enemies are rather hard Heal potions are your friends. :D ;)

I just installed it and played last night. It was pretty cool. I'm up to level 4 already and almost have a complete set of leather armor. :p I'm StryfeX on Maya-2 if someone wants to stop by and say "hi". :lol:

--Stryfe

hinch
07-10-03, 14:33
everyone else is on maya1 :) and i mean everyone.

incase the mods here get pissy about us talking about another game in here ive setup a discussion section to talk about mu and arrange things etc if your playing.

http://forums.furious-angels.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=27

dont remember if ive left anonymous turned on or not for posting if not just reg not exactly hard :) but try to stick in this thread until its closed then your all welcome to use mine

Vince Kyzar
07-10-03, 14:40
well, am lvl6 now, always went ... to the left, lotsa bulls and only few dragons there :D
yeah, apples are kinda cool and cheap :p

/edit: oops, still level1, just 6x xp :P already wondere why i couldnt get my attribs higher :rolleyes:

\\Fényx//
07-10-03, 14:42
omg...

hinch...

you ass...

I wonderd where the hell you had been, man, you missed some bloody sweet OP wars over the last week... oh well... :p

hinch
07-10-03, 14:44
told you its my birfday week so ive been drinking since friday night i was online for about 2 hours last night and played about 3 hours today

and now im off to hayleys to get my dick sucked and drink even more.

(just incase your wondering where i am :))

Vince Kyzar
07-10-03, 15:30
game looks nice, somehowlack depth though :P

a little too laggy :(

Lathuc
07-10-03, 15:34
since its in korea and ive seen peeps from spain germany and more im not that suprised lol

\\Fényx//
07-10-03, 15:34
Originally posted by hinch
told you its my birfday week so ive been drinking since friday night i was online for about 2 hours last night and played about 3 hours today

and now im off to hayleys to get my dick sucked and drink even more.

(just incase your wondering where i am :))

I forgot to tell you hinch... Hayley's real identity is Harry... but that's your own preference eh...

:p

Damn make get onto pluto :wtf: and check the clan roster lol theres a few suprises 8|

Nexxy
07-10-03, 21:21
after playing it a bit more its kinda fun again, using special attacks is cool. PKing is real boring, takes like a err year to kill someone...

nonamebrandeggs
07-10-03, 21:23
Is there a way to change the resolution!? I can't read shit.

Nexxy
07-10-03, 21:24
why yes their is, when you start up the game (like double click the icon) that box that comes up has optioons button. Click that...

ph34r my jumping hacking thingie of death -

http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/4/jumpingthingie.jpg

nonamebrandeggs
07-10-03, 21:26
[Edit] N/m now I see what you mean. thx.

Ren
07-10-03, 21:29
I r Renster

say hi, and give me shit when u see me.

.Cyl0n
07-10-03, 21:32
hinch this night we play again !
i'll come on in 3 hours roughly :)
im lvl 6 now too...i'll make 10 this night .. so we can leave the noob city and pk^^

.cy

Nexxy
07-10-03, 21:34
newb cyl0n im 14 =P

.Cyl0n
07-10-03, 21:35
Originally posted by Nexxy
newb cyl0n im 14 =P

gah i played one night now with that char :P
you play 2 days :P

soon i come and get ya :p

.cy

joran420
07-10-03, 21:47
is it free?

Vince Kyzar
07-10-03, 21:54
yes.

lvl 4 and already got pked ... south of the town ... some strange mage with a red/black robe .. killed me with 4 attacks.
im not really sure if it was a player but there ive never seen a mob like that before :p

Judge
07-10-03, 21:56
*sobs*

Its so confusing.... I made a character then walked around, got killed by this massive forest creature thing, then logged off.

Is there an in-game map and where should I level?

deac
07-10-03, 22:44
that game is just a waste of time...

Psycho_Soldier
07-10-03, 22:48
Originally posted by deac
that game is just a waste of time...

What game ISN'T a waste of time? :p

Futureman
07-10-03, 23:08
Ok I gotta get in this thing, What server are all the NC refugees on?

StryfeX
08-10-03, 00:23
Originally posted by Vince Kyzar
yes.

lvl 4 and already got pked ... south of the town ... some strange mage with a red/black robe .. killed me with 4 attacks.
im not really sure if it was a player but there ive never seen a mob like that before :p That was probably a Lich. Those guys REALLY hurt. They don't have a lot of HP, but they have reasonably good defense AND they can hit you for upwards of 40 damage in a SINGLE spell attack. Bottom line: stay the hell away unless you wanna get your ass fried. :p

I ran into one last night and.... *shudder* ... Let's just say that I ran. Fast. Far away. In the opposite direction. :D

--Stryfe

Delloda
08-10-03, 00:31
i r 1337 pk!! f3@r my ub3r n00bie pk skkillz!!!! rarr! :D

a bit dull at the moment with no real quests or anything. well its good for a little change off neocron for a bit. :)

Mantus
08-10-03, 00:44
Gave it another try...still boring.

Diablo II > MU

Futureman
08-10-03, 02:12
Is anyone else here playing a fairy? Which is the funnest class to play? I am about to start it right now, or atleast it finished downloading. As far as I know the faries start out in one world and the Dark Knights and Dark Sorcerers in another, and you can't leave till you get to a certain level. So which one should I start in?

spydre1070
08-10-03, 02:46
hmm.. i dont see why everyone has a problem. 364k/sec, 2 minutes 13 seconds to download. no errors installing. 1280x1024 with no FPS problems (with winamp running also). some lag but thats expected (servers in korea).

id say all the neocron peeps should take over Maya Connect 2. its got less people on it and your characters are "connect" changable. so is your vault! rox.

got a level 19 knight almost level 20. gonna check out the dungeons even tho im too n00b to go there and level. i can tank the Elite Bull Fighters and im levelin on Lich's. l33t ownage.

as for this being like D2. it isnt. Diablo2 is so boring it makes me want to cry. also D2 isnt 3d like you would think, its isometric view not perspective like Mu-online. Diablo 2 uses sprights for characters/items/monsters/everything. Mu uses 3d objects for everything. personally i think this game is really well done, the sounds are fantastic. the visuals like grass and fields, the wind blows. all exelent.

i literally installed Diablo 2 one time out of boredom. played for 15 minutes and uninstalled. never played since.

there IS skill involved in Pking. just pking noobs takes no skill and most will die in 2-3 blows with any non starter weapon.a level 15 vs level 15 baby. be ready for a bout!. killing pkers is fun also because most of them are n00b mages who think theyre bad-ass.

anyways thats my little .. rant ..
see you in mu.

Vid Gamer
08-10-03, 02:53
Finally getting a decent download speed.

Lexxuk
08-10-03, 03:07
I'm downloadin it now.. only... its slow :( 15kps and i can only connect once thru my d/l manager :-/

ahh well, may as well download other stuff whilst I go to bed :D

nonamebrandeggs
08-10-03, 03:16
Lexxy whats your MSN or AIM, we can meet up and level.

(nonamebrandegg5@hotmail.com and nonamebrandeggs on AIM here)

spydre1070
08-10-03, 03:17
everyone post what name they will be using. :) you can go first :P

nonamebrandeggs
08-10-03, 03:22
I'm using 3gg5, cuz nonamebrandeggs doesn't fit, and eggs was taken.

Futureman
08-10-03, 03:59
im using futureman
futureman2
futuregirl

Marx
08-10-03, 04:25
Marx

Stalin

Ubermensch

Vid Gamer
08-10-03, 04:55
Michael Dane (I know it's gay but it's my name in Neocron so stfu). :p

Rieper
08-10-03, 08:47
Lio_Riepa on Maya 1

Judge
08-10-03, 09:34
I will be using:

Gibsnag

Shar

Drikie

Judge

[SP]Ostrich
08-10-03, 10:57
ovacookd

maya2

ericdraven
08-10-03, 10:59
Ostrich, check your PMs. :p

evs
08-10-03, 11:50
being from the uk i downloaded this game, wasnt too slow (bout 35k a sec) and then played - for a short while until a patch

a patch that took HOURS to download - especially after it crashing me out every 15 mins.

if i tried to run anything - even IE whilst downloading - it would crash it.
in fact anything would crash that stupid auto updater.

probably due to lag its very choppy (on a 2.4 gig of ram machine with a ti4600)

the game seems VERY limited on what you can do - and a total rip off of diablo.

mobs seem a ok, but not being able to see the health bar in battle sucks - and there is little if no player interaction.

Needs to be amuch better chat system than the one implemented.

diablo is WAY more polished and stands up as a better game at the moment unfortunatley - and the lack of a decent map system and havint the camera focused way too close on the player really gives some 'oh great im lost' moments.

tbh i cant be bothered playing by 'co-ordinates' as that totally takes the fun out of exploring - or moving down winding paths etc, as you may as well just walk in straight lines everywhere.

having only 3 char types also sucks, as again - everyone looks the same, even this 100,000 types of armour weapon stuff seems rather dull as everyone still looks the same.

in reality its VERY boring - and there's not a lot to do.

A summary of the game is

1 - spawn
2 - walk out of encampment
3 - find attack and kill monster
4 - if not dead yet see 3
(may as well die as you lose a bit of exp as health potions cost that much cash....... and sitting to regenerate your newbie health takes way too long so you may as well just die)
5 - when you have enough cash buy some armour in encampment
6 - see 2

rinse and repeat - there's just not a lot to do :/

Futureman
08-10-03, 13:09
I can't remember everyone's name, but if you see me, team up with me so we can pwn. I got two sets of armor already, LOL. The servers are a little different, you can play your chars on either server.

Edit:

What patch? I didn't have to DL a Patch

CryptoChronic
08-10-03, 13:38
mu online aint a bad game.... now that im a little higher lvl (10) im starting to really get into it.... the community for the most part are very nice and helpfull.. some guy gave me a ton of shit yesturday for nothin and some ppl helped me get revenge on a pker who keeled me and took my +3 +luck staff :( .. i suggest everyone give it a chance... although the lag is really starting to piss me off

Lexxuk
08-10-03, 14:23
I cant be bothered to read the manual, i r a dark wizzard, how the blazes do I use my spellz? I keep dyin.. to everythin :(

CryptoChronic
08-10-03, 14:35
double right click on the mob to 'lock on' to cast ur spells.... left click is melee right click is spell

enablerbr
08-10-03, 15:15
CryptoChronic lag as in RO lag or worse. though how could it get worse than RO.:D

DigestiveBiscui
08-10-03, 15:19
how big is the d/l - just so i know how much im planning on getting here :p

ericdraven
08-10-03, 15:23
Originally posted by DigestiveBiscui
how big is the d/l - just so i know how much im planning on getting here :p
67 MB

DigestiveBiscui
08-10-03, 15:25
thats....really really small

djskum
08-10-03, 15:40
I been playing for a couple of evenings now and first impressions are that it's an OK game but prolly won't keep me going for that long. However the comunity is pretty cool and I've met up with a few nice peeps already. There are some mouthy PKers but not many and after NC I don't even hear the BS anymore!

Anyway I'm lvl 11 or something and killing hounds and elite bull fighters. Just waiting to get to lvl 15 so I can use the portal (the scary one to the north thru all the massive giants!) to go get me sum ubar weps!

I'll be on as DjSKum (predictable!) or BadMoFo playing on Maya1.

C U in game!

DjSKum

Futureman
08-10-03, 16:15
I keep getting disconnected :(

Plus i am only lvl 3

Edit:

I can't play that game anymore, I hate it. I can't deal with the lags and bugs. First when you want your char to go a direction you click, but sometimes you lose control of him for about 5 seconds while he/she walks into a huge monster. That makes it completely unplayable to me. You try to run away from a dangerous area, and you click in the opposite direction. Then your lvl 3 noob charges right into the extremely tough monster. Then death. No fun. Plus i can't stand it when I can't find a mob, and then when i find and attack one, about 5 other pop up from nowhere and attack me. Also people are always stealing my money.

joran420
08-10-03, 19:24
its in beta ......of coarse theres bugs and lag.....just report em(like beta testers are supposed to) and they will hopefuilly get fixed at some point before retail

[edit] although im not sure how to report bugs :P Im havin fun with it.....only lvl 5

Lathuc
08-10-03, 19:28
one question how are we supposed to report bugs? i have no idea:confused:

joran420
08-10-03, 19:34
heh oh hey [SP]Ostrich I diddnt realize that was u askin me where to get weapons yesterday

Vid Gamer
08-10-03, 19:37
Meh, I don't think this game is for me. If anyone has ever heard of Helbreath, it's almost the same concept but even Helbreath was better then this.

PS: RO is the shit! I just don't want to pay for it. :p

[SP]Ostrich
08-10-03, 20:18
Originally posted by joran420
heh oh hey [SP]Ostrich I diddnt realize that was u askin me where to get weapons yesterday

I didn't know i was asking you ^^. It's ok, i had figured most of it out... I think i got it all figured now :D

Thundra
08-10-03, 20:27
i started it yesterday

if any one played legend of mir its a bit liek that on crack.

nice gfx , simple play style.
altho current world is not of great size as far as im awere.
it loks liek there a few worlds , non are HUGE. and one dungeon with 3 floors that u can only go in at certain lvls.

only thinki say bout the 100000 combinations is that its talkin bout every possible set up, includint best helm in game with worse boots in game so its not as varied as it seems but still a lot of combinations.

but from after 2 days playing its buggy as hell and laggy beyond belief but its beta and its free so i guess i can cope with that.

my judgement is its ok and a good laugh to play for a bit but i dont think il stop playin neo for it as ive played this style of game both in diablo 2 and legend of mire. its jut got a 3d engine slpaped in there

was with lexxuk lol i saw him in there.

i was killin stuff whilke he was shouting lets kill noobs rah
good ol lex

hinch
08-10-03, 22:01
if you leave the main city area an dgoto the elf world dont expect to killl much there

decided to go for the first time there only thing i can kill is hunters and warrior beetles everything else eats me for beakfast

now i can solo giants in main city though so not alls lost

im buying all +4 and +5 pad armour if anybody has any

joran420
08-10-03, 22:15
PS: RO is the shit! I just don't want to pay for it.

HEH hope that was a joke

spydre1070
08-10-03, 22:32
atm everyone looks the same because mostly we are all newbies except for the koreans.. somehow they are 40+ only 2 days after its released ( they arnt supposed to be here even )

anyways.. im Apollo.. ive seen a few ppl from here and told them off lol.

i cant stand it when people attack my monsters..

Vid Gamer
08-10-03, 23:12
Originally posted by joran420
HEH hope that was a joke

That was before I played Neocron that is. :D

der Ed
08-10-03, 23:22
Looks cool... I'll give it a try when the english version is available :D

Edit: Besides, it's Korean... so there'll be lots of people going "kekeke ^___^"

You could easily recognize korean players in UO when you looted their body and you got regs (stuff needed to cast) that would last for like one month. :)

There was also a nice cheat to drop their line. Oh no, that was Diablo. :)

SigmaDraconis
08-10-03, 23:42
Great game..kindve a fresh spin on D2...its built like D2 but doesnt really play like D2....the game has kickass details that make it so great compared to neocron..like..PEOPLES HEADS MOVE omg..amazing isnt it...

VERY stable....I have no problems logging in ever...only one minor lag out in 2 days. occasionally a mob will teleport a bit but its not even a minor irritation. I imagine it will get boring in the long run..but it kindve implies they will be adding special quests. ATM theres only 4 zones each with a mix of 5 or so diff mobs..most of which will own you..your mom dad and great grandchildren. If its boring in the begining try to stick in till about level 6 where you actually start getting stuff :)

Vid Gamer
09-10-03, 00:19
I play on 640x480 and the font is still so fucking small and grainy I can't even read it.

SigmaDraconis
09-10-03, 00:20
Maybe u need glasses o.0 I can read it as easy as NC font. Strangly enough yur not th efirst to say that :( I don't get it.

Vid Gamer
09-10-03, 00:22
I have a laptop which 1400x1050 native resolution if that matters?

Is there a way to change your font in the game?

Psycho_Soldier
09-10-03, 00:57
Im level 20 now, I went to the Dungeons and it seems as if the whole place is just a leveling area. I was hoping to find a place to buy the Thunder Staff, but didn't see anything. Any of you know where to buy the Thunder Staff. Or does it need to be looted off something? I am also looking for the Sphinx Armor set, where can I get that?

spydre1070
09-10-03, 01:30
i think that staff is a drop only weapon

there probly is a place to buy those items. its probly farther inside it.. like the peddler in the lorencia area near the winter lands. (dunno the name of it )

Rieper
09-10-03, 02:11
damn hinch! i saw you online, dunno how to PM though :(

and im a level 12 Dark Knight.. i can take on the two big things.. forget one things name.. and stone golems..

Just chewing potions, and covered head to toe in the first level metal armour :)

Mankind
09-10-03, 07:58
Don't mess with these!!

http://home.stny.rr.com/ncimagez/ah.jpg

hinch
09-10-03, 08:05
well we had fun earlier

me
cyl0n
d1sh0n3st
reaper

pk`d a few people
reaper shit talked to someone cos he stole gold

its a really small download crappy details bad gfx game but for some reason its really addictive even if the view point does make me feel ill

think we`re going to try to build a guild if any of us make it to lvl 100 and get all nc players in there etc.

btw quick count of heads i think 80% of their population is nc players taking a break from nc

mdares
09-10-03, 08:43
rawr level 10 now =) someone hook me up with some good armor and spells for my dark wizzy! :D

SigmaDraconis
09-10-03, 09:52
you bums must always be on Maya 1..i prefer the less crowded server.

[SP]Ostrich
09-10-03, 10:19
i'm on server two... it rocks, i became an evil pker so i made a new character :)

Hayato
09-10-03, 11:26
name is Hayato on game

CryptoChronic
09-10-03, 15:37
how do i fix my 'murderer' status? noone will sell me apples :(

Nexxy
09-10-03, 18:56
yeah got the same prob, think you have to wait a few hours or some crap.

spydre1070
09-10-03, 18:59
i read somewhere its a 9 hour wait to get rid of a pk tag. im level 27.5 now and at 28 i get a super uber weapon :D burning dvd's now so it'll be some time befor i get back in :|

joran420
09-10-03, 19:41
im on maya 2...im gonna start PKin soon....but first im gonna buy alot of apples

[edit]btw 3 lvls of PK one per kill(self defence kills dont add to murderer status)

first lvl PK - 3 hour flag
second - 6 hours flag
third - 9 hour flag

I believe vendors will continue to sell to u unti your 3rd lvl of PK

Nixon
09-10-03, 20:15
Guys who blame for loot stealing and attack are damn funny,
atleast after i hit em couple of times and send em to town :P

And if the mob is killed by me it's my damn itam not mr korean's

MY TROUSER RETURN RETUNR! *whack*

*whack*whack*whack* - byebye :D

joran420
09-10-03, 20:34
damn straight if one more attacks my spider or budge dragon and proceeds to loot im gonna kill em and become a murderer

Egeon
09-10-03, 22:03
what server are you on guys?

Nixon
09-10-03, 22:07
The first one :}

Egeon
09-10-03, 22:17
Will join you there :p

Only need to finish the really slow autoupdate :(

Psycho_Soldier
09-10-03, 22:20
If you notice, when you join a server, it doesn't always put you in the one you selected to join, for example of Maya-1 is close to being overloaded whereas Maya-2 isn't, it will put you in Maya-2 usually.

Lexxuk
09-10-03, 22:45
if your getting slow download speeds from their main site...

http://www.dgwebb.force9.co.uk/mu/mu.exe is up as an alternate (but try first site first :p )

/edit - btw, I swear I saw Ullrich playin hehehe

mdares
09-10-03, 23:09
o anyone know wut drops the meterorite spell? and the lightning spell? someone told me the big cow (1337 cow captn) drops lightning but i killed several and got sonic wave instead...

Nexxy
09-10-03, 23:28
lets set up like a meeting grouping point thingie. You know like all the traders go to the vault keeper i say we group at the wizard guy

Egeon
10-10-03, 00:00
anyone got an idea where I can get the patch with reasonable speed? The autoupdater is just as slow as the NC updater :p

mdares
10-10-03, 01:11
just dl it from the main site then run it... its fast ... auto update sux...

Egeon
10-10-03, 01:52
thx got it finally... now I only have to adjust the ingame writing... I almost can't read the letters (I've got the english version :D ).

mdares
10-10-03, 01:55
um... wut u mean edit the writing? i have the english version too and its fine.. tho i cant read it when someone types in korean... i just get code gibberish

if u could edit the writing (as in font, colors, etc.) i would... the color scheme for the writing is a pain...

t0tt3
10-10-03, 02:28
YAY cool game :D
Now I got something to play with for some weeks ;)

MU > NC atm mohahahha "until i get bored with this to....."

Yea found a MF sword hrr hrr me gonna get lucky :p

joran420
10-10-03, 02:28
u need to change the resolution to the highest...at least i did in order to read they text in game...otherwise it was like old cga gfx

Mankind
12-10-03, 10:15
Well, just a quick update on my Mu status. It's a real addicting game. In 5 days of playing roughly, I got over 30 levels. Now that's pretty good considering the english had to start from scratch whereas the Korean community are extremely higher (some as much as 100 levels higher). How is it possible? Well the game was originally from Korea. So these players asked the GMs on the english server if they could bring their characters over. And so be it, they were allowed their characters being transferred because they wanted to "interact" with the english community. More or less they wanted to be show offs and in general, jerks.

Although it's very fun and entertaining, I don't think I'm going to stay in it. I really don't like the Korean communities attitude. I'm not racist towards them, just feel they are very unfair and greedy. They know all the best leveling spots, all the best techniques, and everything the english community doesn't. And this gives them an unfair advantage. An example. I found 3 Golden Budge Dragons over the course of 3 days. They are a unique monster that comes ever so often and it drops a rare item. Everytime I've met up with one of these, a Korean player comes by and steals it. And it seems like they always know where it's at and when it's going to be there.

It's only beta, so I really don't have a right to complain. But honestly I won't pay for a game where other characters had a giant head start compared to everyone else. Sorry I got anyone else into this game. Hope you see what I've seen and don't let it get you in too deep. I'll probably pay for another 3 months of Neocron and play some single player games on the side when NC gets boring.

mdares
12-10-03, 11:03
i'm lvl 23 now... gonna get 24 by tomorra... so i can use meteor spell =)

Mr Button
12-10-03, 11:47
ewwwwwwwww:(
read the first page of the thread & went to the website

I can't go back to diablo/Legend Of Mir/knightlore ( if u ever owned a bbc :) or speccy ) angled anime/cartoony game, never mind a multiplayer game.
I hope for you chaps that the game server isn't as tardy as the website - even downloading the screenies times out sometimes.

I'm logged into www.warhammeronline.com, which is threatening to have more of a plot & roleplaying capability than any other mmorpg at the mo.

Won't stop playing neocron mind - just get DoY out ASAP PLEASE :) :) :)

mr murb
12-10-03, 21:44
something you will never see in Neocron.

Full servers.

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/mu full.jpg

Mankind
12-10-03, 21:50
Yeah the first day server 1 was only half way, and server 2 was only 1/4 the way.

They need to add more servers. You should see the Korean version. They got at least 20 servers with 10 connections each. And they even got pk/non-pk servers.

Duder
12-10-03, 22:06
MU stinks....its only a game where you stand around and hit mobs, collect money, gain a few levels, and then stand around in town and spam "Buying BUTTER KNIFE +5"!!!211 Ohnos omgomg !!

Eh

Fawkes
12-10-03, 22:48
of course servers are full... it's free O_o

Psycho_Soldier
12-10-03, 23:53
Ok well.. I got a Jewel of Soul from Golden Budge Dragon... and it said to use it on a item to get +7 8 or 9 on it... My eyes went like this O_O

Then... When I used it.. it only gave it +1 on my Thunder Staff...

*cries*

Man... I should have saved it or sold it for like 300k. Since it seems as though it would be best for really high level items that have +5.

Mr Button
13-10-03, 00:10
play_mu ()
{
while NOT bored
do
kill mobs ;
pickup drop ;
sell drop ;
buy bigger_gun!!spell ;
done ;;
}

play_mu

why don't bloody indents & tabs work on forums o_O

hinch
13-10-03, 00:31
use [ code ][ /code ]

Mr Button
13-10-03, 10:11
cheers :)
for ;)
that :cool:

Richard Slade
13-10-03, 10:56
Originally posted by Mr Button
play_mu ()
{
while NOT bored
do
kill mobs ;
pickup drop ;
sell drop ;
buy bigger_gun!!spell ;
done ;;
}

play_mu

why don't bloody indents & tabs work on forums o_O

Isn't this what all MMO are all about?
Well basicly atleast.

t0tt3
13-10-03, 12:47
Originally posted by Mr Button
play_mu ()
{
while NOT bored
do
kill mobs ;
pickup drop ;
sell drop ;
buy bigger_gun!!spell ;
done ;;
}

play_mu

NC then?

Try to get out from noob MC5........
Kill rats get shitty drops that only melee tanks can use :rolleyes:

Kill aggies wooohoooo a imp ? best drop so far.. from lvl 27/27 "or what they are"

Kill Cyclops "maybe a advanced imp drop" 50/50

Kill Wbs "w0000t they can drop gunes O_o *techs*" 75/75 // 80/80

Its sorta lol to look at it...
You need to kill 80/80 mobs to get a gun you can use, that are special. Nothing wrong with shop bought but I would say it would be much cooler to get some extra bonus on some weapons that mobs drop. Maybe over cap dmg = 125% or something cool

That what I miss in NC more diffrent drops after 3 weeks you seen all and you are kinda bored to get all these shitty rares "WE, PoT and so on..."

Mankind
13-10-03, 13:08
That is one thing I do like about Mu. Loot is based on your level. So the higher you are, the better loot you will receive, and there's so many different items you can receive from a drop.