PDA

View Full Version : SL thought

superfresh
05-10-03, 05:42
Was just reading a SL thread on the brainport forum. What if the amount of SL you lost when killing a neutral/allied player was equal to the amount they had? Thought about it working with negative SL too, but that could be exploited....

Anyway, it would be like, killing a character that is not the most upstanding member of society wouldn't have as much of a penalty...

Would also make SL more functional/important to players. As of now its almost as if a loss of SL means its time to level some CON with copbots in the Plaza.

Is this a stupid idea?

sparrowtm
05-10-03, 07:38
Bad bad bad idea.

Me: SL 8.
Him: SL 48.

Me kill Him.

Him: dead.
Me: SL flushed down the sewers for just one kill. :p

superfresh
05-10-03, 08:49
Originally posted by sparrowtm
Bad bad bad idea.

Me: SL 8.
Him: SL 48.

Me kill Him.

Him: dead.
Me: SL flushed down the sewers for just one kill. :p

Yes, but that would be the price for having 8 SL, and/or killing a neutral/allied runner with relatively high SL, and/or doing so in a relatively "safe" zone.

Mankind
05-10-03, 08:53
Let's see..

Player A has 10 SL - He's a good player.
Player B has 100 SL - He's a bad player who raised his SL for this idea.

Player A can kill Player B 10 times.
Player B touches Player A once, and he's dead :)

Fair?

superfresh
05-10-03, 08:56
Originally posted by Mankind
Let's see..

Player A has 10 SL - He's a good player.
Player B has 100 SL - He's a bad player who raised his SL for this idea.

Player A can kill Player B 10 times.
Player B touches Player A once, and he's dead :)

Fair?

Maybe, maybe not. I'm thinking that KK intended a penalty for players that kill allies/neutral folks in restricted areas. The current penalty obviously doesn't mean much.

nice sig BTW :p

Mankind
05-10-03, 09:00
I believe it does...

Example:

I'm TG. SmokeyJ is a player on Saturn. He WAS TG at one time. He didn't like something I was doing to one of his hostile friends. So I died, and he became red SL AND he was kicked out of Twilight Guardian. He didn't want to be kicked out, but he was :) I think justice was served standing and letting him kill me.

superfresh
05-10-03, 09:10
Originally posted by Mankind
I believe it does...

Example:

I'm TG. SmokeyJ is a player on Saturn. He WAS TG at one time. He didn't like something I was doing to one of his hostile friends. So I died, and he became red SL AND he was kicked out of Twilight Guardian. He didn't want to be kicked out, but he was :) I think justice was served standing and letting him kill me.

K. I'm a bit confused. Was his friend hostile to you or him, in the faction or player sense?

I'll try an example along those lines. You're in a TG clan. A bunch of other fellas decide they want to make a ballistic pk clan that kills everyone, including TG. And there are clans like this. They have to have a faction or they can't make a clan. They choose TG, and kill other TG's. They lose SL. A fine upstanding member of your TG clan decides to retaliate. Under the current system, they would lose SL for killing a TG that kills TG's, unless in a warzone. Seems silly. Such a player would have low or negative SL for violating the whole faction setup. On the other hand, if the penalty to SL was their SL, you would lose little or nothing. This is the only way i've thought about it so far...

-edit. I understand your post now. Strange situation.

superfresh
05-10-03, 09:15
If this SL routine were in effect at the time, the same thing would've happened, but assuming you had some decent SL, he would have also taken a big SL hit. There would've been additional justice.