PDA

View Full Version : Console Game Questions..

Kasumi
04-10-03, 18:46
What is everyones favorite console game?
Whats everyones favorite console system?
What console games are you looking forward to?

In answer to my questions..
1. Final Fantasy X-2
2. PS2
3. Genso Suikoden IV

P.S. Xbox is not allowed.. its not a console system.. in my opinion and i can probably prove it.. also.. when i asked for favorite console it can be anywhere from the Gamecube to Super Famicom/Super Nintendo ;) same with game hehe ;) and favorite game has to be already released ;)

alig
04-10-03, 18:51
1. Final Fantasy/Gran Turismo/Metal Gear Solid..... *drools*
2. PS2
3. All answer No1 but the next ones ;)

imo, them 3 games set the highest standards for any other game of the same type...in other words there all WAY above the rest i.e GT > any racing game by a long way.

Nidhogg
04-10-03, 19:03
1. Ico
2. PS2
3. Ico 2 ;)

N

ZoneVortex
04-10-03, 19:06
Xbox not included......ok.....

Well I've owned the following...

super nintendo
sega genesis
nintendo64
xbox

I personally hate all playstation setups, can't use the controller, whatever ;)

Right now all I play is xbox, but it's definitely not my favorite system.

That title would have to go to Sega Genesis

so....

Sonic saga
sega genesis
halo 2 (Can I do xbox GAMES? hehe)

alig
04-10-03, 19:09
I think u should allow X-box's.....as much as i dont like them, there the 2nd most popular console, with a massive lead over gamecube (<---teh shite)....doesnt really leave much choice unless ur oldskool :p

BlackDove
04-10-03, 19:10
1. Metal Gear Solid:2
2. PS2
3. Metal Gear Solid:3/FinalFantasy series

BlackDove
04-10-03, 19:12
Originally posted by alig
gamecube (<---teh shite

To your and my misfortune, it seems the next Final Fantasy series will be based on that because Sqaresoft wants to "return to their roots" or some mindless stuff like that. Meaning I'll have to buy that super console just for FF series (well no biggie really, that's why I bought PS2)

Ehh wrong button, was supposed to be the same post [/edit]

Omnituens
04-10-03, 19:12
1. FF series/MGS
2. PS2
3. Next FF/MGS3

Originally posted by ZoneVortex
personally hate all playstation setups, can't use the controller, whatever
then you are kack-handed :angel: the PS controller is by far the best designed controller. the X-Box one being the worst.

Benjie
04-10-03, 19:26
1: Sonic the Hedgehog 1 on the master system.
2: Most to least: Snes, Atari 2600, GC, XBOX, Master System, Mega Drive, Nes. I HATE Sony consoles. PS2 has corrupted too many gamers as it is. onoz not nidhogg too??!:()
3: Fable.

Benjie
04-10-03, 19:29
By the way to any ignorant peeps who say THE GC IS SHITE you are all of very poor taste. Gamecubes are the most compitent console of this generation. It's this generations taste in consoles that seems incompitant. I blame Sony. I hope they DIEEEEEEEE!!

Keiron
04-10-03, 19:29
1. Guilty Gear
2. SNES
3. Super Metroid 2 (Not the FPS shit its been turned into, but a true Super Metroid 2)

Benjie
04-10-03, 19:33
Originally posted by Keiron
3. Super Metroid 2 (I can dream can't I?)
Have you Tried Metroid Fusion on the GBA? It's really good. If you liked Super Metroid you will love it. Yes it's 2D like Super Metroid.

Thundra
04-10-03, 19:36
FFX
PS2
None at all im afriad

playing my P.C has slowly and surely destroyed my fun of console games. i just dont enjoy em anymore. i baught a PS2 for ffx and GTA and since then i just dont play it . i traded in all me games and not i own one (GTA just in case i get bored).

so its basically a DVD player now.

ah well i just got to used to my PC games i guess. tat or im gettin old b4 my time :(

Kasumi
04-10-03, 19:37
Gamecube is by far the closest thing you would get to a "true console system" than PS2.. and than Xbox... Xbox is just a computer wraped up into a little box with a label.. -_-*

Benjie
04-10-03, 19:37
Originally posted by Kasumi
P.S. Xbox is not allowed.. its not a console system.. in my opinion and i can probably prove it..
This is BULL SHIT.

Kasumi
04-10-03, 19:42
Its not a console they just say it is.. like i said it a computer.. it has Nvidia GPU.. Intel Processor.. the OS is a stripped down Windows2000 kernel.. need i say more?
Anyways back omn topic ;) i suppose Xbox can be included..

Lethys
04-10-03, 19:43
Seeing as Xbox isn't allowed........

1. Shenmue/Shenmue 2
2. Dreamcast
3. Shenmue 3

:D

Benjie
04-10-03, 19:47
Computers have teh power supply and XBOX has teh power suply!1
Computers have teh processor and XBOX has teh processor!!1
Computers are powered by teh electricity and XBOX is powered by teh electricity!!!1
XBOX ISNT A CONSOLE ITS A COMPUTER BECAUSE THERE IS TOO MUCH IN COMMON!!!!!!!!!11111one

ONOZ!

Thundra
04-10-03, 19:52
yes but the point of a console is somethign thats for games where u stick the game in and u play it. these days they all seem to come with dvd players. How exacly its made has bugger all to do with whats its called.

houses were origionally all amde of wood. when they were changed to being made of brick or metal no one changed the name did they.

its not a PC thats for sure just because it has parts that your PC uses in it.

Hippieman
04-10-03, 19:53
Well since I got a few ties Ill list a couple of em

1. Shining Force 1, Phantasy Star IV, Gunstar Heros
2. Tie here also. Super Nintendo/Genesis
3. Dont really know. Guess FFXI

Keiron
04-10-03, 19:55
Originally posted by Benjie
Have you Tried Metroid Fusion on the GBA? It's really good. If you liked Super Metroid you will love it. Yes it's 2D like Super Metroid.
I was under the impression that those 2 games were one and the same. Well I'll be damned, I know where my spair $ is going!

n3m
04-10-03, 21:07
liek omg you can buy a harddisk for the PS2, so scrap that one too. :rolleyes:

Kenjuten
04-10-03, 21:08
I'd just like to point out that while the X-Box has computer-like specs, aside from the semi-obvious concept that consoles actually are computers geared for playing games and not much else, consoles are called consoles for a reason. What we call computers are personal computers, also known as workstations. Sure, you can use a computer for games only, but it's created in a specific fashion to allow one to utilize it for the overall improvement of thier lifestyle.

I'd like to see you write up a Word document on a X-Box.
I'd like to see you do your homework on it.
I'd like to see you go on the internet for more than what the Dreamcast browser allowed.
I'd like to see many things concerning consoles.

Once you got all that down and some more that I probably missed, consoles will be collaborated with their unstripped cousins enough such that one wouldn't tell the difference between them.

My bottom line: Consoles are called consoles for a reason. ^^;

In any case...

1. Dead or Alive 2, Ikaruga
2. Dreamcast, Gamecube
3. Something more innovative than Ikaruga. Something more balanced than Dead or Alive 2. (On both counts I'll be amazed if the possibility exists.)

P.S.: For the record, I don't own an X-Box, nor will I likely ever. ^^; The only reason I commented on the 'X-Box is a computer look-alike' deal is that I've known this argument for a few years now, but this thread basically told me my idea on it, and in return I told it back.

Thanks for the output. ^^

Kasumi
04-10-03, 21:08
Actually metroid was fun :) atleast the old ones were.. not sire about the new ones..

alig
04-10-03, 21:09
Originally posted by Benjie
By the way to any ignorant peeps who say THE GC IS SHITE you are all of very poor taste. Gamecubes are the most compitent console of this generation. It's this generations taste in consoles that seems incompitant. I blame Sony. I hope they DIEEEEEEEE!!

No its not that anyone has poor taste, its called marketing and microsoft and sony have got it wrapped in gold......nintendo have'nt, hence the GC isnt made anymore.......

GC - aimed at the young generation...yes...years ago it was children that played games....when nintendo was fucking huge.....

PS2 - aimed at the young adult/adult generation, hence it selling millions and millions......yes....NOW most games are not that far behind reality that adults play them......

Xbox - same as ps2 but hasnt got the same ring to its name nor the kinda games the ps2 has.....Halo sux, i had an Xbox for 2 weeks when they very first came out in UK, i took it back along with Halo:rolleyes: (Gets flamed for that :p)

To your and my misfortune, it seems the next Final Fantasy series will be based on that because Sqaresoft wants to "return to their roots" or some mindless stuff like that. Meaning I'll have to buy that super console just for FF series

Well....poo, still since having internet, single player games dont cut it that much anymore so if they goto the GC then ill just have to wait till its ported over to PC or ps2 :D

Kasumi
04-10-03, 21:10
Originally posted by Kenjuten

I'd like to see you write up a Word document on a X-Box.
I'd like to see you do your homework on it.
I'd like to see you go on the internet for more than what the Dreamcast browser allowed.
I'd like to see many things concerning consoles.

actually with the right stuff i am sure you could do anything on an Xbox as you can on a computer maybe not but i am pretty sure is possible as it is for the PS2.. but like i said the only true "console system" is the gamecube..

To your and my misfortune, it seems the next Final Fantasy series will be based on that because Sqaresoft wants to "return to their roots" or some mindless stuff like that. Meaning I'll have to buy that super console just for FF series

A: Its not called Squaresoft anymor eits Square-Enix ;)
B: I havent seen anything like that.. but you probabaly right but i dont see them leaving out Playstation.. its the most popular system in the world..

WithSlitWrists
04-10-03, 21:14
1. splinter cell, most of the resident evil series, halo
2. x box (it is a console system, and by far the best one.)
3. counter strike. i can't wait to try it out using an x box controller. :D

alig
04-10-03, 21:21
Originally posted by WithSlitWrists
1. splinter cell, most of the resident evil series, halo
2. x box (it is a console system, and by far the best one.)
3. counter strike. i can't wait to try it out using an x box controller. :D

to No3....:lol: i sure hope they crossed CS servers....pc and xbox ppl on the same server, that would pwn....u cant beat a mouse and keyboard for FPS. Fact.

Kenjuten
04-10-03, 21:32
Frankly, if you mod/hack/whatever the hell out of an x-box or other console, you could have it act like a miniature, crippled, limited computer. As I discreetly pointed out before, consoles aren't that much different than computers, and yet they are completely different. Consoles have been made up of computer parts, just like arcade machines, they also have their own operating system.

Up until X-Box, you weren't given specs like Nvidia because the companies used to make the damn things themselves. And even with older-generation consoles like Dreamcast, and even Gamecube itself (take a look at the bottom right corner of the front of it. Does ATI mean anything to you? If not, does IBM?) has computer parts that have been created by actual commercial companies.

On the offhand, if your views result from something that I've yet been blind to, please point it out, and then I will reshape my thinkings in order to comform to the new information.

If you still wish to believe different, that's your opinion. But do not illusion yourself that just because of your beliefs, something must be something.

If you do illusion yourself in that fashion, it is your choice, but all I'm doing is warning you that going along that mind-track is sure to make you closed-minded in the eyes of other people, whether you 'care' or 'don't' care.

Seezur001
04-10-03, 22:27
ive totally stopped playing console games considering all the good games come out for PC now, i just dont feel like shelling out the cash for a console.

Xbox is a mini computer, someone has figured out how to put linux on it, but that dosent mean its not a console system, im not going to buy a Xbox to check my email.

PS2 is crap, hardware is out of date IMO and the graphics suffer from this, Xbox has nVidia based graphics and GC has ATi based graphics. PS2's graphics processing is done by the main processor, not by a gpu.

i say death to sony, all other console maker should abandon consoles all together and start coding games for the computer (or arcade). :p

iainy13
04-10-03, 22:38
the xbox is based on the pentium 3 system. But whatever. Anyways

What is everyones favorite console game? Got 2 favorites. Timesplitters 2 from the 16 ppl lan parties we had. Playin mexico throwin bricks at the guy on fire is awsome. Like 15 bricks goin at a time. Also love mgs2 aswell.

Whats everyones favorite console system? ps2 just becouse of the features and the great companies makin the games 4 it. Also the controllers r so freakin awsome. No other system comes close.

What console games are you looking forward to? also mgs3 is the one im MOST lookin forward 2. But i got a few others im lookin forward 2. Then there is socom 2. ALso had lots of fun wit hthe first one.

n3m
04-10-03, 23:16
Liek omg the gamecube has an ATI chip inside, scrap all the next gen consoles then.

QuantumDelta
04-10-03, 23:46
Secret Of Mana (SNES) / Golden Eye (N64...nothin beats GE really..)
SNES (Nintendo)
FFXI...

Kasumi
05-10-03, 00:02
Foir anyone who doesnt know.. the PS2 might be out of date but sooon it wont be because Sony is rereleaseing it again but with a different name and upgradeing stuff.. its going to be called the PSX :) and for the final fantasy VII fanatics the people who made Final Fantasy Spirits within are working on a 60 minute CG movie of FFVII called Final Fantasy VII Advent Children..well its not a movie.. i cant remember what they called it at TGS2003..

Seezur001
05-10-03, 00:05
Foir anyone who doesnt know.. the PS2 might be out of date but sooon it wont be because Sony is rereleaseing it again but with a different name and upgradeing stuff.. its going to be called the PSX :)

and when it shows up in store with a HDD, ide cables, gpu, and pentium based CPU. You think ppl will stop calling a console and start calling it a"mini-computer" like everyone has been calling the XboX????

time change, so does tecnology, live with it people :p

Kasumi
05-10-03, 00:07
Well when it does i will call the PS2 a mini computer; ) but it still will be the most popular system in the world :P i just could careless about Microsoft of the Xbox and alot of japanese would agree with me.. :P

QuantumDelta
05-10-03, 00:08
The problem is the xbox is it's pathetic range of titles, even halo isn't THAT Great and it's about the only NOTEWorthy title.

Damn I'd rather play ANY GameCube title than ANY Xbox title.
Even the NGC "Kiddy" Games Have better GAMEPLAY than the "Adult" Xbox games.

Then again...Xbox and PS have shite quality control, that's the main difference;

Nintendo;
Small Range of Games ~ Almost all are high quality.
PS2;
VERY Wide range of games ~ Almost all are weak.
Xbox;
..................Worst of both worlds.

Kasumi
05-10-03, 00:09
i have to agree with QD.. the older systems had some of the best games.. now its about best graphics :P

Matthew.v.smith
05-10-03, 00:15
Resident Evil Series
Ps2
Harvest Moon Back to nature

Asigoth
05-10-03, 00:19
1. Chrono Trigger / Knights of the Old Republic
2. SNES / XBox
3. Jade Empire (BIOWARE PWNS.)

Those of you who are talking about how much X-Box controllers suck... are you referring to the F-Type (original fat ones) or the S-Types? Because the S-Type controllers arent that bad, other than Back/start being thrown off to the side, under the left stick.

As for whether or not its a console or a PC... who cares? You could say my PC is a console if you wanted to, since I'm constantly playing games on it.

The only problem with the XBox is that all the games I want for it haven't been released. (BG:DA2, D&DHeroes, HL2, StarCraft:Ghost, Jade Empire) Yet, I still bought one, so I guess I'll just patiently wait :p

P.S. Seems like Bioware is leading the RPG market for the XBox, and frankly, I couldn't be happier. Other than Square's amazing plot-twists, I honestly prefer Bioware for my RPGs.

ZoneVortex
05-10-03, 00:29
oh shit!! I change mine!!

HarvestMoon 64
nintendo 64
chronotrigger 3! (Pooey, pleeeeeeeeease)

Tratos
05-10-03, 01:02
Gamecube is by far the closest thing you would get to a "true console system" than PS2.. and than Xbox... Xbox is just a computer wraped up into a little box with a label.. -_-*

First how the hell is an Xbox little? the thing is HUUGGEEE its like a big black (or green if you got the limited edition like me:D ) coffee table!

and..

Super Mario Brothers :D / Halo
NES (yes the NES not the SNES the NES) / Xbox
Halo 2

...But you do gotta admit that Mario Kart for the SNES and the 64 were fucking awsome..:D

~T

Omnituens
05-10-03, 01:02
IIRC, MS pushed the Xbox as a 'multimedia device', not a console, to avoid taxes in some countries.

very sneeky.

LTA
05-10-03, 03:44
1.FF7, Suikoden 1,2. Vandal hearts, BReath of Fire 3,4, GTA Vice City
2.ps1 but may aswell say 2 because it plays all of 1's games
3.Gran Turismo 4

Sony have it made now..... they have a nice chunk of die hards to last em long enough...nintendo need to think up some plans.... microsoft should just stay with windows....and sega.... pity they have kinda faded had some nice classics, sonic, Virtua Fighter, Daytona Racing (Rocked on arcade), house of the dead O_o

WithSlitWrists
05-10-03, 03:47
i change my game im looking forward to...to the new conkers for the x box. the n64 version was the funniest thing i have ever seen.