PDA

View Full Version : Cutting KK's Finance

ReefSmoker
04-10-03, 17:35
Had 3 accounts, now only paying for one. Simple reason is because if MJS isn't willing to pay for additional developers to help CoDi who is under a lot of stress now, then MJS can forget about additional income from me. One account was shared with a couple of friends of mine who couldn't afford their own accounts, the other was one I used for spying and espionage (and must confess I had a lot of fun with, daresay most clans out there will never know that I was in their midst and leaking info). I will keep my main account with ReefSmoker indefinitely since I once said that I'd be here when the servers get shut down, I won't go back on that statement. However with every passing day I get the impression that the day of reckoning may come sooner than we expect...

Who am I to speculate ? I dunno, I guess I'm just someone who gave KK a lot of support and encouragement, and these last two weeks I feel that KK have been kicking a lot of us in the teeth and getting away with it. No more, one account is all I'm willing to pay for now.

Take care,

ReefSmoker

PS If you want to catch up with me I drop into Pluto once a week, however I am in The Realm (http://www.realmserver.com) every day. I don't mind if many of you take the mick out of an 8 or 9 year old game, sure the graphics are poor and it has midi music, but the community have made it a very strong game, and the ever-evolving storyline keeps the players there. At least we get to influence the storyline in The Realm...

PPS Yes I'm slating Neocron and Reakktor - did you expect me to remain a fanboi when Reakktor have shown they do not care about their customerbase, the mere fact they don't employ more coders to help alleviate CoDi's workload is enough reason for me to cut some of their income.

lullysing
04-10-03, 17:39
Let these dudes recycle you an apology. What a frikking loss. Yo, you think you'll pop by FoM for the beta? cuz i want your crazy trash scientist booty with me in there , you hear?

CryptoChronic
04-10-03, 17:42
i aggree

.. also.. about them not hiring more dev's.... maybe they just dont have the money

*ph33r*
04-10-03, 17:44
Bling bling in da hood yo. LOL WTF

ReefSmoker
04-10-03, 17:48
Originally posted by lullysing
Let these dudes recycle you an apology. What a frikking loss. Yo, you think you'll pop by FoM for the beta? cuz i want your crazy trash scientist booty with me in there , you hear?

Sorry dude, I've learnt my lesson with Neocron and beta, maybe once FoM is retail I'll try it out, but until then I shall stick to bug-free games and avoid myself any frustrations ;)

Originally posted by CryptoChronic
.. also.. about them not hiring more dev's.... maybe they just dont have the money

MJS has the cash, he's very keen on promoting himself as being wealthy to the GMs and other volunteers that make up his staff, if he's not wealthy he should never have tried to tell us that was the case.

Take care,

ReefSmoker

EDIT : What sickened me was when I heard a certain well-known member of KK's staff could get better pay in his local supermarket than what KK paid him, I was shocked by the apalling wage he gets when you consider what he does and what he puts up with from us, the community. The honest truth is that you get back what you put in, and MJS had better learn that soon to keep Neocron alive. Mind you, at least he gets paid, which is more than everyone else gets for their devotion to the game.

jernau
04-10-03, 17:50
I know we aren't allowed to post smiley-only posts but all I have to say is :

:(

Cass
04-10-03, 19:41
Originally posted by ReefSmoker
Sorry dude, I've learnt my lesson with Neocron and beta, maybe once FoM is retail I'll try it out, but until then I shall stick to bug-free games and avoid myself any frustrations ;)

That statement makes me ponder:
I've Beta'd about 25 or so games in all different genres.
Neocron Beta 4 was one of the best Beta's I've ever been a part of.
Seriously.
BUT
That didn't make me go back on my own personal rule... I Beta just about everything I can get accepted into, and usually do every "10 day free trial" I come across. My rule that I never buy a game until it's been released for about 6 months. The last game I purchased within weeks of release was Tribes2, and that's only because I was a die-hard Tribes1 player. When Neocron Beta ended, I went back to other games, and extensively tested 2 other large Beta's. Then I activated an account, and went to work on my first retail Psi.

What gets me is that of all these games I've played and Beta's I've tested, Neocron had the worst or near the worst amount of bugs, exploits, netcode problems, AI problems, balance issues, and DEFINITELY the worst communication. These are all things that Neocron has to this day. Most other successful games have these squashed before retail, or have a very good idea of how to squash them within a month or two, and give that top priority.

Neocron is over a year old now, and we're still plagued with shit from Beta, and every patch I've seen fixes a few things, yeah... but it also adds more to deal with.

(This isn't a flame KK thread. These are the facts as I've seen them.)

What I don't understand now, and didn't understand when Neocron hit retail, is WHY it was released with so many unresolved issues. Why do other games delay release dates until the developer FEELS COMFORTABLE with their own product?

CDV.

My only guess is that CDV put the screws to KK to release the product, as-is, so they could recoup some money. Then CDV so blatantly screwed up the release in every PUBLICLY VISIBLE way possible, making KK AND CDV look like a couple monkeys fucking a football. If I were KK I'd have a huge lawsuit with CDV, MJS probably signed some arbitration clause preventing him from doing so.

Not only was Neocron a substandard product in terms of bugs, support, content, balance, etc, but CDV's bad launch on top of it. IF people knew about it, it was solely from word-of-mouth or from seeing it on the shelves, cuz it damn sure wasn't from advertising. Those who purchased Neocron from the shelves loaded it up and saw the fastness of Neocron. They saw little-to-no noob friendliness, and higher level players who are able to 2-shot kill people totally new to NC, who made their first character one hour ago. They liked what they saw. They said hey, this would be a great game, if I didn't FRE every 15 minutes, if It didn't take 10 seconds to cast a spell because of lag, if I could get GM support i need because a game bug just wiped my inventory, if (insert the 1000x other reasons here).

KK.
I'm trying to help here, and I'm going to be as blunt as I can.

You DO NOT have a good customer base, whatever you keep telling yourself.
A MMO of Neocron's magnitude should have at least 100x or 1000x the paying customer base.
People keep leaving because of bugs, lack of support, and lack of communication IMHO.
That being said, you need to focus on the CUSTOMER and not focus on the GAME.
You've found your niche market... The few of us that play are the types that will put up with constant bugs.

And about content?
Think of this analogy before you think about adding new (whatever) into the game (yeah including DoY)....
If you're going out to battle and can chose one of two guns.
Both guns use the same ammo, and fire straight, with the same speed.
Gun #1 has 12 parts, doesn't jam, and is well engineered with low maintenance in mind. It costs a bit more to produce, but is a reliable weapon.
Gun #2 has 48 parts, is engineered with low cost or ease of manufacture being the primary factor. Since there are 4x as many parts, there are 4x as many parts that can break. There are also 4x as many parts to monitor and replace when broken. There are 4x as many parts to keep in inventory for when it does break, which is also happening 4x as often.

I'm sure KK and everyone else wants them to use gun #1. The problem is, KK Doesn't even have all the parts to gun #1. They're still searching for their own figurative "balance" on their own end. That's the way I see it, anyways. They need to buckle down and restructure their LIMITED efforts with the CUSTOMER in mind, not the GAME.

If anyone wants to seriously discuss anything I've said, I'm available via DM.

Damn that was a good rant, I need a ciggy now. :D

BTW I still have Tribes2 installed. It's amazing to see all the modifications and TC's based on Tribes2 that are conceived, coded, skinned, balanced, modded, administered, and supported by ONE GUY in a lot of cases, and rarely any more than THREE people. My T2 name is Ginsu, and I usually hang out on the Masters or Renegades servers. I miss the old Mechina mod, that was by far the best one.

BlackDove
04-10-03, 20:12
Hey this is a leaving thread. Don't those get closed? =P

ReefSmoker
04-10-03, 20:16
Originally posted by BlackDove

Why close it ? I'm not leaving.

Take care.

EDIT : For your benefit since reading wasn't your strong point...

I will keep my main account with ReefSmoker indefinitely since I once said that I'd be here when the servers get shut down, I won't go back on that statement. However with every passing day I get the impression that the day of reckoning may come sooner than we expect...

BlackDove
04-10-03, 20:19
Well it's kinda borderline since the main purpose of the thread is account cancellation for this that and this reason.

If I was a mod, I wouldn't want someone posting shit about a company I was affiliated with, especially if it will bring negative atmosphere. And this one kinda has justifications to be closed.

L0KI
04-10-03, 20:20

This is NOT a leaving thread. It makes a HELL OF A LOT of sense. It'd make even more sense if people just accepted that it was the truth, rather than deny it (not saying you're denying it :p)

EdiT - Im at work, illegal site...

alt tabbing like a bitch, spelling, grammar all bad ;)

\\Fényx//
04-10-03, 20:21

no it's not a leaving thrad... reading it you would had realised it o_O

It's reef making a statement as to why he's deactivates 2 of his accounts

Loki your sig's too big :p

Mantus
04-10-03, 20:24
I really wish that people would learn the difference between getting sick of a game naturally and getting sick of a game because of its quality (or lack of).

Reef, you, and most of your clan are online once a week if not even that. Obviously you guys just burned yourselves out. It happens you know. It's quite rare that any one would be discuraged from a game because of bugs or cheating.

Cass
04-10-03, 20:25
..one account is all I'm willing to pay for now.
I drop into Pluto once a week

How is that a leaving thread?
If the mods close this as a "leaving" thread it will look more like censorship than anything else.

ReefSmoker
04-10-03, 20:28
Originally posted by Mantus
Reef, you, and most of your clan are online once a week if not even that. Obviously you guys just burned yourselves out. It happens you know. It's quite rare that any one would be discuraged from a game because of bugs or cheating.

There's a lot of clan history I won't go into, suffice to say it's not burn-out that's to blame here. Many people who started Neocron when I first arrived are no longer here and in almost all cases the blame was laid squarely at KK's feet. Many of us love this game, it is why some of us are unwilling to quit, but until Reakktor start improving the quality of their game (denying bugs doesn't help anyone, though it's convenient for them) then people will want to quit outright. I would love to see this game blossom, but I see no point giving Reakktor more money when it is plain to see that the extra money hasn't helped thus far.

I appreciate what you are saying about most of my clan not being online but incase you haven't noticed, I quit blue-tech a month or two ago, so what goes on with them isn't my business :p

Take care,

ReefSmoker

BlackDove
04-10-03, 20:31
Originally posted by Cass
If the mods close this as a "leaving" thread it will look more like censorship than anything else.

Hmm what's wrong with that?

KidWithStick
04-10-03, 20:34
people always say they would help KK do things if they just gave them a chance...there are many programmers and stuff that play this game that can probably really improve it if only KK would get off there high stool and let them.

the net coding on this game needs improvement, ALOT of things need improvemnt...scripting for NPC's...etc.

its clear that its volunteer GM's do alot of NPC scripting and crap, and theyre always complaining that it takes sooo much time, and they gotta worry about real life and etc, why not just fucking let people help you make the game better?

i seriously do not get it...what is so bad about asking for help, no offence to KK but some of the people who play this game may be better at coding and scripting than the whole dev team put together.

BlackDove
04-10-03, 20:37
Originally posted by KidWithStick
people always say they would help KK do things if they just gave them a chance...there are many programmers and stuff that play this game that can probably really improve it if only KK would get off there high stool and let them.

It's called legal liability and you'd have to be insane to actively implement it, unless you're not planning things ahead for the said project. The GM's alone are a stretch, and they have to sign (assume responcibility anyway) a well large document before they can become a GM.

KidWithStick
04-10-03, 20:40
It's called legal liability and you'd have to be insane to actively implement it, unless you're not planning things ahead for the said project. The GM's alone are a stretch, and they have to sign (assume responcibility anyway) a well large document before they can become a GM.

can you explain to me how so many other games have done it then.

hivemind
04-10-03, 20:41
Hey Black Dove, shaddup? Get off your 17-year-old high horse for a minute. Maybe when you've played this game for a few months you can come back and comment. Until then, butt out if you're not gonna discuss what's being discussed.

QD, smack him please.

BlackDove
04-10-03, 20:41
Gimmeh examples KWS?

Then I can view it with full un-biasedness :p

Originally posted by hivemind
Hey Black Dove, shaddup? Get off your 17-year-old high horse for a minute. Maybe when you've played this game for a few months you can come back and comment. Until then, butt out if you're not gonna discuss what's being discussed.

QD, smack him please.

Well I kinda am, and since luckily you obviously aren't to decide when I can comment on issues, then I'll do so as I see fit. Time to go kill some carebears :)

And QD doesn't decide anything for me :)

Ooops, that's 18 by the way, and the fact that you're older, hasn't helped you one bit I see :)

And I've been active in the game for...two active months and...about three or four inactive months... so your point there is moot kinda.

ReefSmoker
04-10-03, 20:44
Originally posted by KidWithStick

the net coding on this game needs improvement, ALOT of things need improvemnt...scripting for NPC's...etc.

its clear that its volunteer GM's do alot of NPC scripting and crap, and theyre always complaining that it takes sooo much time, and they gotta worry about real life and etc, why not just fucking let people help you make the game better?

i seriously do not get it...what is so bad about asking for help, no offence to KK but some of the people who play this game may be better at coding and scripting than the whole dev team put together.

I approached SnowCrash and asked him how we should go about licensing the tekktonic engine. I am more than willing to pay to license a copy so I can get in about the code and find out wtf is wrong with the game. Without giving too much away, I was told that I'd be wasting my time working on the problems with Neocron and that I was better off walking away from it. I'd still love to help, but when faced with that attitude from someone in Reakktor it makes me wonder if it is all worth it. I know the NC community could help fix a lot of problems and reduce the load Reakktor have to cope with, but if they don't want the assistance, then what can we do ?

We're all eager to have a bug-free game, the question is how we reach that point. When I try a door handle and find it's locked, I prefer not to persist and break down the door, though maybe one day Tekktonic will be available to license without being turned away, and we can finally get down to business sorting out the problems :)

Take care,

ReefSmoker

Vince Kyzar
04-10-03, 20:52
i do agree to your points, BUT:

does kk have the ressources to do all that ?

Cass
04-10-03, 20:52

If the mods close this as a "leaving" thread it will look more like censorship than anything else. Hmm what's wrong with that? I never said anything was wrong with it. You concluded that all by yourself. You, in your mind, think that censorship is known as a bad idea by a lot of people, and you are merely trying to start an argument by appearing to stand on the opposite side of the fence, when you probably couldn't give a shit either way.

WithSlitWrists
04-10-03, 20:56
nah this isn't a leaving thread, but it is a thread that has the same matter as almost every other bug thread out there. the ol' "if you don't fix these bugs i'm going to quit" subject. i'm sorry, but it really does get quite old.:p

KidWithStick
04-10-03, 21:00
blackdove, im looking for the post about it now, i dont remember what game it was....all i remember is that your in space and you fly jets or somthing, and theres big huge ships and stuff...

what they did was release the source to the community, they could then change it however the community wanted, and re submit it back to the dev's, thent he dev's could implement whatever they wanted that was changed into the game. this turned the game around and did a complete 180. it improved it ALOT.

the same could be done with Neocron.

Kenjuten
04-10-03, 21:56
That game would be Subspace. Possibly has another name than that, but I believe it to be that.

I've had my devotion to another game company for a few years, but myself and those that I were with became so fed up with it we ultimately decided to no longer pay them any money, and hiked out on them. Dunno how the community of their game's doing right now, but we could no longer stay there. I can see that situation in this game, however I have faith in this game.

Not to say I'll be as supportive to KK as I was to the last company I gave my full faith to for 2+ years, but I'll let this game show me all its got at least.

Marx
04-10-03, 22:13
Agree with you 100% as pretty much always Reefie.

I love Neocron, I love The Realm.

Both have their ups and downs - but I find myself logging into the Realm more and more often.

lullysing
04-10-03, 22:45
I approached SnowCrash and asked him how we should go about licensing the tekktonic engine. I am more than willing to pay to license a copy so I can get in about the code and find out wtf is wrong with the game.

Man i envy that statement... you can bitch about programmers all you want, but they are people that can get shit done. ( and you can say the safe thing for all BOFHs : you can bitch them, but they get their lusers crucified)

KidWithStick
04-10-03, 23:32
Originally posted by lullysing
Man i envy that statement... you can bitch about programmers all you want, but they are people that can get shit done. ( and you can say the safe thing for all BOFHs : you can bitch them, but they get their lusers crucified)

what?:confused:

Psychoninja
04-10-03, 23:34
I cancelled one of my 3 accts, if I didn't need the second one so badly I would cancel it too =\

lullysing
04-10-03, 23:50
Kidwithsticks, BOFH = bastard operator from hell.

Think realy really evil sysop that will torture lusers and management, all the while taking them in for everything he can.

Google it. there's even a newsgroups mostly dedicated to it, alt.sysadmin.recovery

QuantumDelta
04-10-03, 23:51
Meh. If he gets banned he gets banned :p

Re Reefy;

Ya, I know, I guess the word is out the CoDi is basically working alone now...it's sad... I think he's doing an absolutely terrific job but one person can't be expected to code a project like neocron on their own....

I just hope he knows how much gratitude and respect I have for him for staying on in a situation like that for our enjoyment...

Psycho_Soldier
04-10-03, 23:52
If what you say is true, and I think it is.. I won't be coming back to Neocron like I was planning to.

ReefSmoker
05-10-03, 00:06
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Meh. If he gets banned he gets banned :p

Re Reefy;

Ya, I know, I guess the word is out the CoDi is basically working alone now...it's sad... I think he's doing an absolutely terrific job but one person can't be expected to code a project like neocron on their own....

I just hope he knows how much gratitude and respect I have for him for staying on in a situation like that for our enjoyment...

CoDi has always had a lot of respect from me for what he's done, there's some things he has achieved with Neocron's codebase that I am in awe of, I just get so frustrated that he's out on his own just now :( I really want Reakktor to employ a few more coders even if only for 6 months to help fix up the current state of the game, then we can all go back to enjoying it and none of us will need to bitch about stuff ;)

Glad to hear you saying what you have said above QD :cool:

Take care,

ReefSmoker

Celt
05-10-03, 00:39

And I've been active in the game for...two active months and...about three or four inactive months... so your point there is moot kinda.
Yes, you also got everything you wanted/needed handed to you, got ppu'ed for until you got capped, played on only one server to my knowledge, been in only one clan, and havent really pvp'ed much.

.Cyl0n
05-10-03, 03:56
i hate to say it but you're right reef
i totally agree

poor codi :(

.cy

nugz420
05-10-03, 04:11
Hmm threads like this make me think this game will die before DOY hits.

If it is true only one coder is working on the game atm then well that is Fuck'd up !!!!!!!!! , and neocron deserves to die.That is just total BS

LTA
05-10-03, 04:17
Originally posted by nugz420
Hmm threads like this make me think this game will die before DOY hits.

If it is true only one coder is working on the game atm then well that is Fuck'd up !!!!!!!!! , and neocron deserves to die.That is just total BS

Nah no game deserves to die because a few "suits" won't open their eyes and look.... think of all the hard work from the few devs i doubt they want to die... if they did i am sure it would be dead.

Just need to realise... certain things are around, help is available, i am sure coders as skilled as codi are on the forums and some devs can take timeouts to sift code well enough to decide on implementing it or not.... it may even save cd some coding himself or show him something he didn't see.
It may take him of "kk" coding for a bit but hell i am sure there's lotsa skilled coders.... and not just coders but graphical artists, modlers, skinners, animators, sound people (yes even someone somewhere could prolly managed to make them nc voice overs once a week, you know the "Proto Pharma your hope your...")

KidWithStick
05-10-03, 04:20
Originally posted by LTA
Nah no game deserves to die because a few "suits" won't open their eyes and look.... think of all the hard work from the few devs i doubt they want to die... if they did i am sure it would be dead.

Just need to realise... certain things are around, help is available, i am sure coders as skilled as codi can sift code well enough to decide on implementing it or not.... it may even save him some coding himself or show him something he didn't see.
It may take him of "kk" coding for a bit but hell i am sure there's lotsa skilled coders.... and not just coders but graphical artists, modlers, skinners, animators, sound people (yes even someone somewhere could prolly managed to make them nc voice overs once a week, you know the "Proto Pharma your hope your...")

like i said...all they gotta do is ask the community...

Netphreak
05-10-03, 04:21
neocron is the only game i've kept coming back too and i love it. I'm an fps player and always will be "possibly why i hated my tank so much" but KK only having CoDi doing the work on his own is really sad... how the hell is DOY ever gonna get made and released if hes on his own fixing stuff for the next patch?
If KK really wanted it could get coders from the community to help most likely for FREE! We don't wanna see this game die and if i could help code or whatever i would. "my little knowledge of C simply wouldn't be enough!"

So c'mon KK hire more coders be it short term or longer but give him some help leave things like balancing issue's to US and Callash to sort out. Its obvious your in need of help so USE the community built around your property!

I think you may be surprised at the response you would get if you did!

Lexxuk
05-10-03, 04:33
There is one coder? Codi? Umm, so, what would happen if Codi suddenly had to leave? Like, he got pregnant, or his g/f got pregnant and he got maternity leave or something, or took ill? What if he just went off to another place for better pay/conditions? (and who could blame him).

One programmer isnt enough, simply though logistics, and with the stress he will be under, he'll probably hit meltdown soon enough and HAVE to take a break, then where will KK be? There should be at LEAST 3 coders, then, if 1 takes ill, there are two to cover his place. If Codi left tomorrow, who would be able to teach a new coder the lock stock and barrel of the game code? O_o

Reefie - try www.genesis3d.com the NC engine is based on that, so, workin on that, would give you the basic idea of NC, it is familiar too, with a unrealed and the halflifeoneicantrememberatm interface.

Psycho Killa
05-10-03, 04:49
To bad i still see the great potential in this game or I would have given up long ago...

Im also amazed that one person (probly a couple others in the past) but still one person can make such an incredible game imagine if sony developed this idea.

And black dove proved his intelegence in the clothing art constest thread when he said it doesnt matter if the artwork was stolen :rolleyes:

I have an idea instead of spamming balance this nerf this and add this threads lets spam hire some more fuckin programers threads.

Shadow Dancer
05-10-03, 04:53
OMG

Is codi really working by himself? Is this true??? Can anyone confirm?

OMG if that's true, Codi>all

FBI
05-10-03, 05:00
Originally posted by Lexxuk
Reefie - try www.genesis3d.com the NC engine is based on that, so, workin on that, would give you the basic idea of NC.

I think I brought this up already, in this thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63707&highlight=genesis), Reefy surely knows
about the genesis3d engine as his replies regarding the engine
were pertinent.

I think the problem with 1 coder like CoDi is that he hasn't really
got time to do anything important for the game's sake. I mean,
currently neocron is in retail and there is one coder constantly
tweaking it, making minor additions, fixing bugs etc. But he can't
perform no miracles like the crashing and so on. Basically, what
I'm saying is this game would improve much better with more
developers. A couple to tweak things, make additions for patches
and CoDi can start focusing on the comlex problems that exist
since he understands the intricacies of the source more than
anyone could.

Much respect for that guy, tedius time consuming, brain hurting stress.

FBI

DonnyJepp
05-10-03, 05:21
this is really depressing...I'd say a thread of this magnitude deserves a reply from Martin himself.

AlphaGremlin
05-10-03, 05:45
Being a lone programmer myself, I know how hard it is to abandon a project just because your team-mates pull out. You throw hours of your life into something, and see how hard it is to just walk away from it.
I would love for CoDi to post his thoughts here; I think we'd all unanimously vote for him to take an hour out of his work to speak.
ShadowDancer said it... CoDi > All :) I really have to salute the guy... to make a game with the depth of Neocron, even if he didn't have to make the whole engine himself, is one hell of an acheivement. *salutes* Don't give up yet.
As for the long, drawn out silence from MJS... can you doubt he's ditched Neocron? Hello? We're still here, and we like this game, even if you don't!

Spoon
05-10-03, 06:53
I find this news very disturbing....
To me it sounds like someone(MJS) is trying to cut their loses...

Psycho_Soldier
05-10-03, 08:01
Originally posted by Martin J. Schwiezer
Well... *cough* (http://www.rolex.com/oyster/big/a16710-pr-ac-oy-ad-bi-no.jpg) If you say so... :rolleyes:
It's just the perfect addition to my everyday pimp outfit.

Anyone remember this? :rolleyes:

Kinda sad, if he brags like that, and what you guys have said is true.

Edit: Just looked up the value of the watch and its Retail price: $3,975.00

hivemind
05-10-03, 08:15
Much respect for that guy, tedius time consuming, brain hurting stress.
I too have been in job situations where you're the only guy there who can do what you do, and man, it's a drag. Maybe you only officially work 8 hours a day, but you gotta be glued to your cell/beeper, and stay within a quick drive of work generally. It really cuts down on your alone time, being on call 24/7. Like SD said, what if the guy gets sick? What if he gets hit by a car? What if a three-ton anvil falls from the sky onto him? If there's no one else that can take over, it's donesville...

BlackDove
05-10-03, 09:59
Originally posted by Kenjuten
That game would be Subspace. Possibly has another name than that, but I believe it to be that.

I've had my devotion to another game company for a few years, but myself and those that I were with became so fed up with it we ultimately decided to no longer pay them any money, and hiked out on them. Dunno how the community of their game's doing right now, but we could no longer stay there. I can see that situation in this game, however I have faith in this game.

Not to say I'll be as supportive to KK as I was to the last company I gave my full faith to for 2+ years, but I'll let this game show me all its got at least.

If you find a link, please throw it, I'd really like to know.

Originally posted by Celt
Yes, you also got everything you wanted/needed handed to you, got ppu'ed for until you got capped, played on only one server to my knowledge, been in only one clan, and havent really pvp'ed much.

Is there a point or are you just jealous? Half of those are untrue really. Not that I'd like to engage in the reasons for the ones that are true. In any case, being without friends and being with friends isn't all that much different, things just go a tad faster.

To the thread at hand, well I don't really see what's so not obvious that the content Reakktor spits out isn't enough. This game so far hasn't been a fantastic success like some others have been, so it's perfectly understandable they're short(er) on cash than they would be if things actully clicked first time round. If DoY kicks off, then they will definatly need more people to control a (hopefully) massive game, and I don't see why doesn't everyone put their hopes into _that_ aspect of KK/the game. Sure we can all bitch and moan about their shortcomings in game features/non-features, but I don't see why people can't simply accept the stagnation. Poor Callash and the co. of volountary helpers are busting their asses apparently to keep the stagnate situation moving (as much as that's possible), but right now, all this game is - is one big giant hope that the new marketing manager actually promotes the game successfuly. It can however go both ways, and yes - you may be giving your money away into dust if it goes the bad way. I just think the game is worth the wait of seeing werther it will go up or down.

- my opinion only

But hey, what do I know. My PSI core and Special Forces and *list your rare over here* were just simply given to me, no questions asked. How could I possibly understand anything if I didn't go and spend two informationless days by myself in getting 5 rares of the vein ripper :rolleyes:

Celt
05-10-03, 14:53
Is there a point or are you just jealous? Half of those are untrue really. Not that I'd like to engage in the reasons for the ones that are true.
Yes, I'm jealous :rolleyes:

In any case, being without friends and being with friends isn't all that much different, things just go a tad faster.
A tad.
Can cap a PE from start to finish in one day with a ppu, normally would take 2-3 weeks without a ppu.

Can cap any other class(excluding int for monkehs) in 3-7 days with a ppu, without expect months.

It has nothing to do with friends, it has to do with having little experience in neocron, which happens to be your problem.

bibliotequa
05-10-03, 15:28
Man, i cant believe codi is working by himself... O_O poor guy, and MJ hasnt exactly been the kind of person that deals too much with the community, like forseti said man, they need to be more open to their customers, there are tons of great programmers around the community, a bit of help wouldnt kill them, the ppl in the community may even do it for free, who knows, they do in the Modification Forum ;) w/e.

QuantumDelta
05-10-03, 16:55
Yes, I'm jealous :rolleyes:

A tad.
Can cap a PE from start to finish in one day with a ppu, normally would take 2-3 weeks without a ppu.

Can cap any other class(excluding int for monkehs) in 3-7 days with a ppu, without expect months.

It has nothing to do with friends, it has to do with having little experience in neocron, which happens to be your problem. Trying to show off?

Don't make me post my capping times :p

BlackDove
05-10-03, 17:01
It has nothing to do with friends, it has to do with having little experience in neocron, which happens to be your problem.

So good I have you to tell me that :)

jernau
05-10-03, 17:06
Trying to show off?

Trying to show off?

Want someone to make up better times? :p

RuButt
05-10-03, 17:08
that clock is 4k?!

u can get a rölex copy of it for like 20 bucks in thailand!

Rith
05-10-03, 17:18
Originally posted by RuButt
that clock is 4k?!

u can get a rölex copy of it for like 20 bucks in thailand!

god damn it rubutt - that sig of yours has me chewing on the desk :p

you should put a health warning under there :angel:

alig
05-10-03, 17:32
2 months ago this thread would of bothered me...now ive passed caring cuz im pretty confident KK couldnt care one bit for this game.....its just a money tree, while it lasts...thats it, its not a project like most devs make there games out to be.....if they cared, i think someone with high rank at kk would of posted here by now, but they havent.

I was planning on waiting for DoY but they have ~25 days left and if it isnt out by then, then they can expect another account cancellation, and i see alot of ppl talking about Fomk...which personally doesnt overcome my final fantasy dreams :p

KK expect alot of players to quit soon, dont go ordering your new 52" telly yet.

FF open the doors....me iz coming :D

And if that doesnt do me any good (i cant see it as every FF fucking ROX) then i fall back on HL2 ;)

Mattimeo
05-10-03, 18:12
Originally posted by alig

FF open the doors....me iz coming :D

And if that doesnt do me any good (i cant see it as every FF fucking ROX) then i fall back on HL2 ;)

Having first hand knowledge(will not elaborate) I can say, with a certain amount of confidence, that the game does indeed rock.

Come the 28th (ship day) I cancel my neocron acounts =).

alig
05-10-03, 18:15
Originally posted by Mattimeo
Having first hand knowledge(will not elaborate) I can say, with a certain amount of confidence, that the game does indeed rock.

Come the 28th (ship day) I cancel my neocron acounts =).

I'm jealous :(

Celt
05-10-03, 19:39
FF = ?

Psycho_Soldier
05-10-03, 19:41
Final Fantasy 11 MMORPG that is coming out for PC and PS2 (maybe others I dont know).

Kasumi
05-10-03, 19:41
Hes probably talking about final fantasy XI.. which is fun.. ;P its an MMORPG.. just about to be released in the US lol -_-* Japanese a bit ahead of the americans though ;P

Celt
05-10-03, 19:42
Trying to show off?

Those weren't my times, they were averages of times I have seen.

3 months to cap a tank(concurrent with monkeh and spy levelling)
2 months to cap a monk
5 months to cap a spy
1 week to cap a PE
2 months to cap a spy.

iirc, gokou took you a good month or two, QD took around the same and have no idea about your others(spy still not capped?)

Psycho_Soldier
05-10-03, 19:45
2 months to cap a monk and 3 months to cap a tank? o_O

Isn't it like, 1 month to cap a tank (if you try) and 4 months to cap a monk (if you try).

Celt
05-10-03, 19:49
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier
2 months to cap a monk and 3 months to cap a tank? o_O

Isn't it like, 1 month to cap a tank (if you try) and 4 months to cap a monk (if you try).
Tank was my first char, started in december, never ever had a ppu/hybrid until was about /60

Started my monkey in february, about a week before the hybrid nerf/psi booster nerf played him off and on and went caving a lot.

Cass
05-10-03, 19:53
...now ive passed caring cuz im pretty confident KK couldnt care one bit for this game.....its just a money tree, while it lasts...thats it, its not a project like most devs make there games out to be.....if they cared, i think someone with high rank at kk would of posted here by now, but they havent.

I see your point, and we're on the same page. I find it amusing and distressing that no Dev or Mod is touching this thread with a ten foot pole.

WAKE UP KK!!!!!

I keep expecting to see a press release some Monday saying DoY is scrapped and they will only support Neocron for 6 more months. Every day it's getting closer and closer to that.

Eddie
05-10-03, 20:17
[B]I see your point, and we're on the same page. I find it amusing and distressing that no Dev or Mod is touching this thread with a ten foot pole.

I don't. Because anything they do say will be taken to be the official stance of KK, and will be quoted to seven hells, out of context.

Which is not what they want.

They would rather stay quiet, and let you guess it out.

As the old quote goes:

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

Eddie

Mattimeo
05-10-03, 20:18
I'm jealous :(

If you're in the US Gamestop is offering free overnight shipping.

Or did you mean the first hand experiance? I wouldn't be, everyone will get a chance in a few weeks!

as far as KK goes, I think it's the lack of communication, and frankly lousy treatment of players that's leading to the decline of the game. If they made us feel valued, we might be more inclined to stay here.

Cass
05-10-03, 21:05
Originally posted by Eddie
I don't. Because anything they do say will be taken to be the official stance of KK, and will be quoted to seven hells, out of context.

Which is not what they want.

They would rather stay quiet, and let you guess it out.

As the old quote goes:

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

Eddie :rolleyes:

All they'd have to say is what they've always said in the past that I've seen 100x on these boards. That what they may not be the official stance of KK. Done.

What I'm talking about is the mods, though. Technically, I could see how they'd close this entire thread for being a "leaving" thread. But it's not really. It's got some really good discussion. Also a LOT of negativity toward KK and MJS himself. It's also got some of the standard fanboi stuff and proverbial kissing-of-ass. It's also hit a very sensitive nerve with a lot of the heavy players in the NC community.

Basically, if they close the thread, it makes them look bad. If they keep the thread open, it also makes them look bad. That, sir, is what I find amusing.

And all because of what?

LACK OF COMMUNICATION.

This could have all been prevented, or at least lessened by what?

COMMUNICATION.

Think about it.

QuantumDelta
05-10-03, 21:12
Those weren't my times, they were averages of times I have seen.

3 months to cap a tank(concurrent with monkeh and spy levelling)
2 months to cap a monk
5 months to cap a spy
1 week to cap a PE
2 months to cap a spy.

iirc, gokou took you a good month or two, QD took around the same and have no idea about your others(spy still not capped?)
Gokou ~ Sixteen Leveling hours.
QD ~ I wasn't power leveling.
Kenshin ~ 25 Leveling hours to PSI Cap, INT 83, DEX, CON, STR Cap.

Time without breaks ~ QD 3 months.
Gokou ~ 1 week for STR Cap (Providing you ignore the fact that Gokou rolled years ago I just refused to play tank).
Kenshin ~ One week.

My Spy is as "capped" as he needs to be..might level one day when I find a reason...

Kl0wn
05-10-03, 21:15
@ReefSmoker :

Welcome to the real world... been near 4month ive told everyone i quit because it didnt have enough investement in this game .. you woke up now!!!

Hope everyone will someday so i may see DOY before MJS found Half life 2 Source code and copy most of it for an DOY fucked to the bone

CDV bad publisher ??? CDV bring the game in Canada at least, MJS should work for more publicity if he love is money cow. Skip CDV and invest damnit or work with them at the minimum

icarium
05-10-03, 21:24
funny you should mention this i have had a feeling NC is going down the tubes for a couple of weeks now. havent played for more than an hour in the past week. why? bcoz the game just aint that fun anymore :(

KidWithStick
05-10-03, 21:27
yea...that FOMK looks like a new and improved NC...i think im gonna give it a try...maybe...

Celt
05-10-03, 22:04
Gokou ~ Sixteen Leveling hours.
QD ~ I wasn't power leveling.
Kenshin ~ 25 Leveling hours to PSI Cap, INT 83, DEX, CON, STR Cap.

Time without breaks ~ QD 3 months.
Gokou ~ 1 week for STR Cap (Providing you ignore the fact that Gokou rolled years ago I just refused to play tank).
Kenshin ~ One week.

My Spy is as "capped" as he needs to be..might level one day when I find a reason...
Um no, I've levelled with Gokou in caves/fire mobs for at least 16 hours, try adding a hundred to that maybe.

And capped means capped, cant change it's meaning to suit yourself.

Kasumi
05-10-03, 22:07
LOL YOU and QD need to take it to a PM.. you guys are way offtopic on what this thread is about.. before it gets closed..

Celt
05-10-03, 22:09
Meh, why bother, he'll just hit back with the IM LEET BECAUSE I PLAY A PISTOL PE BECAUSE THEY ARE HARDEST TO PLAY!

QuantumDelta
05-10-03, 22:29
Like I've seen you do anything note worthy in pvp in your whole career.

As for leveling with Gokou ~ Nice, but Gokou went to BQ Like, twice.
Chaos about 3 times.

Spent one night with Omen(fw) after base STR 85 ish to cap.

So uhh...that was an out and out lie.

Everyone knows I hate those damn caves.

Capped means he has as much research and repair as I need him to have so he does not level anymore.

*Shrug*

Celt
05-10-03, 22:34
[B]Like I've seen you do anything note worthy in pvp in your whole career.
I dont pvp to get attention, I dont need to(unlike some obviously)
I pvp for fun, whether or not im regarded as leet really doesnt bother me.

/me waits for QD to play the "IM DOING A REALLY REALLY GOOD COMPUTER COURSE SO I PWNZOR YOU!" card

As for leveling with Gokou ~ Nice, but Gokou went to BQ Like, twice.
Chaos about 3 times.
Eew, now that's what I call an out and out like.

Capped means he has as much research and repair as I need him to have so he does not level anymore.

*Shrug*

Capped means he's capped, ie got 100 dex, 100 int, 20 psi, 40 str and 40 con. If you cant grasp this... well you have to live with yourself for the rest of your life, not me.

/edit/my last post onthis subject, dont want to get reefie's thread closed/edit/

•Super|\|ova•
05-10-03, 23:42
Originally posted by icarium
funny you should mention this i have had a feeling NC is going down the tubes for a couple of weeks now. havent played for more than an hour in the past week. why? bcoz the game just aint that fun anymore :(

I feel the same. Tonight I logged in for only like 20mins. Last time before that I logged in was on Friday or Thursday and then I was on only for like 10mins. I had 3 accounts last month. Now I have 2. When those expire I think I will be leaving Neocron. Oh yeah, and there is a possibility that I will re-activate one of my accounts some day in future but I really doubt that. Ofcourse the game needs ALOT of fixes too but the reason why I'm gonna quit is the community; over 90% of the people don't have a god damn clue about concept of RP and politics.

Tank!
06-10-03, 00:02
I would join their dev team, however I dont speak very much german and its doubtful ill become fleuent in it within a short period of time unless I have a personal tutor or something.

Poor CoDi though, he needs a nice vacation and a break from the stress!

juvestar15
06-10-03, 01:29
Like I've seen you do anything note worthy in pvp in your whole career.

Last time i check you weren't in Ronins, uts or LP.
Or even all them times we were in eXs.

I certainly saw Vic fight hundreds of times.

One reason why you might not hear about his PvP adventures is because he doesn't come on the forums to brag about it. Sometimes you end up looking like an idiot, especially when you think you're the best but really you're not. *cough*

QuantumDelta
06-10-03, 01:36
And? juve?
A lot of those uTs dudes consider me as good as them.
XaNToR Considers my setup a little flawed, but he had a false explanation of CON from Fang who was using an old theorum I cooked up.

So generally....don't see your point.

About being the best ~ Ain't no one ever gonna be the provable best at 'cron.

kthx.

I work with trying to be one of the best, it's a drive I have.
As for ronins? Heh.
Best person in their clan is a hacker... PvP Wise (Not refering to personality).
*Shrug*

Malign stopped posting for a reason.
I didn't continue to argue with him, for a reason.

It has, shit all to do with you.
So just be quiet.

Marx
06-10-03, 01:39
Can we get back to the point of Reefies post.

- kthxbye

Rieper
06-10-03, 02:11
Right, Screw you all.. MyTank took 8months to cap STR, and two months later hes at Con 94.

My ppu has been stayin in the low 80 for about 6 months

and i still have fun.

Mal, lets be nice :) QD.. try to rise above it :)

and well juve.. well... you're a bit nostalgic arent you.. anytime you post its ronins this, ronins that..

edit: My favourite ronins is dazz and i think MJS is a knob for flashing cash and employing one coder.

Cypher_Psy
06-10-03, 02:18
When did the other coders go?

So, let me get this straight....

There is ONE coder, trying to cope with implementing anything that needs a dev...
Testserver, DOY, anything new like items, patches, bug fixing, support that needs db altering...

:eek: O_o O_o O_o
What IS going on in those offices?
I think that CoDi must be coping incredibly well, and is probably chained to his desk or something, for that amount of pressure would make a lot of people quit...

This changes a lot of things...
Also leaves me wondering why there was no mention of this from official sources, or why no-one official / semi official has stepped in to comment on this thread AT ALL.

Theres a storm brewing at KK and it won't dissapeer if they just ignore it.

IGNORANCE IS NOT BLISS

If they actually cared they would hire people to fix this shit.
By not doing so, leaves me to wonder what the motives really are behind KK.

ReefSmoker
06-10-03, 02:34
Originally posted by Cypher_Psy
When did the other coders go?

Ulrich is on 6 months (well earned) holiday leave. There was some talk about having sl33py trained up as a coder (I don't know his kk name off-hand, well I do, but can never remember it and have always known him as sl33py) but that seemed unrealistic to me at the time.

I firmly believe that Reakktor should employ a team of at least 4 coders, even if only for 6 months until they get most of the current issues and workload reduced.

Let me make it clear that CoDi has not worked alone on the Neocron codebase the whole time, however when it was time for Ulrich to cash in on his holiday leave, Reakktor chose not to hire a suitably qualified professional to assist CoDi, which I firmly believe was their mistake. I hope they remedy this soon.

Take care,

ReefSmoker

PS no-one wants to see this game die, unless they have something against Reakktor. I don't have anything direct against Reakktor, but I do believe they need to take a step back and see what's going wrong, not just with the code, but with their business practices in general. They are young though in the mmorpg market and have a lot to learn, we all make mistakes along the way.

PPS I'm not saying I could do any better, I have a hard enough time managing a team of 4 coders working on various regional council solutions, I know it's difficult to keep projects on track.

Rieper
06-10-03, 02:54
That said, half the problem is the product... Planetside has a massive team, and its haemorraging (sp?) users because the game is subscription tribes and very very static. Its like pure op wars... and at $12 a month, that gets boring fast.

Cypher_Psy
06-10-03, 03:08
Looks like one corner cut too far to me..

I knew that there was more than CoDi working on neocron up until recently, but this situation should not exist...

A case of putting all your eggs into one basket....

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see the game die, and haven't had anything against KK before, just seems like there must be some strange reasoning in the offices if somehow they don't want to hire more programmers, yet MJS likes to flaunt his riches about...

Hold off on new watches, pimp suits and cars, HIRE MORE PROGRAMMERS.

Things can go off track, but the solution seems to be dragging it's heals..

Neocron in concept is great, however the execution is flawed.

The way I picture it is that neocron in beta was a wooden sail ship, being added to, tweaked, having things done to it not thought possible, being impressive for what it was.
However, the demands of retail are overloading the ship that is neocron, and the sides are bulging - things happening that shouldn't, KK trying to constantly add to and modify something that connot be modified any more.
The "ship" needs to come in to dry dock, be dismantled and rebuilt with new tools and materials if it is to truely succeed.

Stop trying to make a 3 wheeler car perform like a sports car..

Tank!
06-10-03, 03:49
Sucks that CoDi must work alone, wish I could help him. I am qualified for that C++ job posted @ reakktor.com but I am not fleuent in German at all sadly. What ever happened to the other main coders? I thought there was more than 2 at the beginning. :confused:

Neocron has a great story and gameplay which is definately worth saving since its not seen too often in newer games. I'd love to help in whatever way possible to fix some of the issues. I actually run the neocron bugtracker from the test server forums and am on the test server regularly to help resolve issues and test things. I have even applied to KK for a QA assistant and help with the bug sorting and testing.

KK has my email and information should they need to contact me wether it be through the forum or email. I would be more than willing to help. :angel:

Netphreak
06-10-03, 03:57
Well as we can see people want the game to keep going. So KK listen up:

1. Get a couple more coders! Some to add content and items balance issues etc. and codi to get rid of the bugs (as said before)

2. Actually COMMUNICATE with the cimmunity. We can help let us. We know more about the bugs etc. than you probably do. Why waste time tryin to think of things to implement? use brainport thats what its for and its got some really good ideas and even solutions to problems like the bloated rare pool!

3. Get a new publisher NOW, quit wasting time and players while you search for one which will line your pockets in the short term!
And get that publisher to advertise heavy about Neocron and DOY... which leads to the next point.

4. Get DOY ready for retail its not first priority but its still up on the list if you want to keep subscribers and get new people to join.

Netphreak
06-10-03, 04:00
LOOK KK! you see someone has already approached you to lend some help. Use the community if you want the game to survive WE hold the key to its success and to your fortunes.

LTA
06-10-03, 04:36
Haven't logged on for a while now.... decided to take a break.... but that break has become a lonnnng break... i goto log onto nc and as i click that i icon i think wait what am i actually going to do?
Stand in plaza? Lom 2 levels per hour?

I close the launcher then and load something else... Deus Ex, Fallout or some emulated ps game.... hell i have even started playing bahamut lagoon on a snes emulator over nc a thing i never thought would happen.

My dad is the same pretty much aswell, he ain't even looking to renew his acc, mine may only stay active to run around doy to see if it's gonna be the great saviour of nc along with the new publisher but my faith has dwindled tbh.
To many times have kk kicked me in the teeth as if i am immaterial to the game... I don't see much anymore coming out of my subs money bar false promises, bugs.... and err well
Don't see what kk have left to pay in wages, 4/5 staff? the server rental.... what else?

SilentGravity
06-10-03, 05:22
Originally posted by LTA
Haven't logged on for a while now.... decided to take a break.... but that break has become a lonnnng break... i goto log onto nc and as i click that i icon i think wait what am i actually going to do?
Stand in plaza? Lom 2 levels per hour?

I close the launcher then and load something else... Deus Ex, Fallout or some emulated ps game.... hell i have even started playing bahamut lagoon on a snes emulator over nc a thing i never thought would happen.

My dad is the same pretty much aswell, he ain't even looking to renew his acc, mine may only stay active to run around doy to see if it's gonna be the great saviour of nc along with the new publisher but my faith has dwindled tbh.
To many times have kk kicked me in the teeth as if i am immaterial to the game... I don't see much anymore coming out of my subs money bar false promises, bugs.... and err well
Don't see what kk have left to pay in wages, 4/5 staff? the server rental.... what else?

Your dad plays video games :wtf:

Man I wish my dad was that cool ;) :lol:

juvestar15
06-10-03, 07:45
And? juve?
A lot of those uTs dudes consider me as good as them.
XaNToR Considers my setup a little flawed, but he had a false explanation of CON from Fang who was using an old theorum I cooked up.

So generally....don't see your point.

About being the best ~ Ain't no one ever gonna be the provable best at 'cron.

kthx.

I was saying, how can you judge Vic on OPs fights when you were never at them? I was refering to the Ronins vs. uts and LP.

Is it me or are you jelous of Fang?

Originally posted by Rieper

and well juve.. well... you're a bit nostalgic arent you.. anytime you post its ronins this, ronins that..

I can't be bothered with you. You never have a valid point or anything worthy to say.

QuantumDelta
06-10-03, 07:56
Jesus, Christ.

Fang is good.
QD is good.

What do I need to be jealous about?

Nevermind me coming here bragging about all the things I've done in NC Today.

~
I Ain't even gonna list it.

[pointless comment]
Seems to me, you're jealous of me.[/pointless comment]

How about a little topicward conversation? Damnit.

edit;

Because at the same time as wanting to keep it on topic, I don't want ignorant little shits like you try to walk over me.

juvestar15
06-10-03, 08:12
If you wanted to keep it on topic, why did you just post something off topic? O_o

Distaria
06-10-03, 09:47
Oh for fuck's sake, let it go. Now it's just getting childish.

ANYWAY:

It'd be nice if we could get at least SOME kind of response to this thread from SOMEONE at KK.

LTA
06-10-03, 12:27
Originally posted by SilentGravity
Your dad plays video games :wtf:

Man I wish my dad was that cool ;) :lol:
lol

Yeah he plays most of em, he played a-lot of the ps titles heh he's even been a dod player for a while :p

Richard Adregen
06-10-03, 16:37
Originally posted by Distaria
It'd be nice if we could get at least SOME kind of response to this thread from SOMEONE at KK.

That'd be nice... Maybe we could even get MJS himself to look at this, I wonder what he has to say for himself... CoDi: if you're reading this, kudos to you man, lots of respect...

Martin J.S.: Please, just do something to fix this... PLEASE... I don't want to see this game die!

RA.

Rieper
06-10-03, 16:40
Originally posted by juvestar15

I can't be bothered with you. You never have a valid point or anything worthy to say.

Then why did you quote me? :lol:

you posted about the ronins again i see... and i dont see why you're poking your head into this.

Netphreak
07-10-03, 03:26
C'MON MJS WE NEED YOUR INPUT
Say something!

ReefSmoker
07-10-03, 03:34
May a forum moderator close this thread please ? I never expected a response, and although it appears the community would like some of the issues this thread has raised addressed officially, I feel that this thread is merely making various members of Reakktor feel uncomfortable, therefore it is in their best interest if it is closed.

*munches a carrot and mutters something like 'that's all folks!'*

Take care,

ReefSmoker, a wannabe fanboi who devoted two years of his life to this game.

EDIT : Yes I'll still be around, though my enthusiasm has been misplaced - please hand it back if you find it :D

Ozambabbaz
07-10-03, 03:47
hope to see you around still, Reef ;) but whatever happens, take care of yourself too :)

Alex Mars
07-10-03, 04:25
It's quite rare that any one would be discuraged from a game because of bugs or cheating.

ROFLMAO

That has to be the dimmest statement I have read in weeks, bugs and cheating drive customers away from games in droves. Those two issues can cripple an online game.

Look at Neocron if you don't believe me.

joefriday
07-10-03, 05:51
with all the changes recently, codi must be working 24/7

mad props codi

this makes me wonder about doy.

how is one massively overworked coder supposed to make any progress on an expansion?

I hope doy isnt just a tactic to keep the money coming in as long as possible.

the thread gets bigger and still no official response.

MJS.. we want to know whats going on...

LVirus
07-10-03, 07:40
o_O Only one programmer. Now thats something new to me. Imagine day when CoDi gets hit by a car when coming to work in morning and goes to hospital for weeks (Nothing serious, just little bruices) but in those weeks, Neocron would be in total halt .. even months. Yet, MJS is no where around to comment. Some ex-moderator said that MJS actually LEFT this project and took someone with him and is going to create a new project. Perhaps thats a reason why MJS is no longer answering to us. :eek:

Alex Mars
07-10-03, 07:44
The single programmer thing is news to me too, the last time there was a deep discussion of NC finances there were three programmers.

PsycheBlade
07-10-03, 07:58
gawddamn, I sure hope Codi doesn't read this thread, everyone's thinking up bad situations for him and seeing them will increase his chances of being involved in such scenarios...

Codi > all

In regards to neocron itself... I don't bother logging in much because leveling is dirt boring and everything takes too bloody long... the game is getting more frustrating than it should.

I've said this before, I'll say it once more...
This game would be great if it had more programmers/staff working behind it.

But, as evidence presented from this thread and a lack of someone to refute them, seems like most resources weren't being utilized correctly.

hmm... I wonder if a subject similar to this has been brought up yet in the German Forums...

joran420
07-10-03, 09:06
hmmm looks like they are trying to get some more coders

http://www.reakktor.com/Jobs/jobs.html

dunno may be old and invalid

the post earlier by the guy who didnt speak german made me check that

FBI
07-10-03, 10:13
Originally posted by LVirus
o_O Only one programmer. Now thats something new to me. Imagine day when CoDi gets hit by a car when coming to work in morning and goes to hospital for weeks (Nothing serious, just little bruices) but in those weeks, Neocron would be in total halt .. even months. Yet, MJS is no where around to comment. Some ex-moderator said that MJS actually LEFT this project and took someone with him and is going to create a new project. Perhaps thats a reason why MJS is no longer answering to us. :eek:

http://forum.neocron.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2

Last post by MJS was sept. 15, he's still active.

Why is everybody overreacting :wtf:

FBI

Lareolan
07-10-03, 11:42
Originally posted by FBI
http://forum.neocron.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2

Last post by MJS was sept. 15, he's still active.

Why is everybody overreacting :wtf:

FBI

* Lareolan looks up at the upper left corner of his screen...
Um... Don't know about you, but it says that it's October 7th over here. Which means that was over 3 weeks ago... So what exactly is your definition of "active"?

FBI
07-10-03, 11:57
Originally posted by Lareolan
* Lareolan looks up at the upper left corner of his screen...
Um... Don't know about you, but it says that it's October 7th over here. Which means that was over 3 weeks ago... So what exactly is your definition of "active"?

3 weeks isn't that long. He posts rarely but does infact post when
he wants to/can once or twice a month. Some CEO's don't post
at all for mmorpgs... so pipe down.

My definition of active for this context? Something that's hasn't
stopped.

FBI

Dark Samurai
07-10-03, 12:10
ReefSmoker CDV has already cut KK's Finance.

Nidhogg
07-10-03, 12:18
Closed at thread starter's request.

N