PDA

View Full Version : Steam Question. Keyboard Config...

Mankind
04-10-03, 10:56
Hey, I'm trying to play my friend's old Starship Troopers mod that he hasn't touched in forever, and I go to the 'Keyboard config' menu when I get ingame, and it doesn't have anything there. Is there anyway to edit a key config manually through the files in Steam, or no?

Omnituens
04-10-03, 18:34
yes there is

go to the steam dir, then steamapps, then the folder with your login name, then the folder with the mod in it.

it should be called 'config'

Spoon
05-10-03, 06:46
Does anyone know if 1.5 buyscripts work with 1.6 and Steam?
If not, anyone got any buyscripts for 1.6?

And what about other scripts?
Like my old 1.5 namechange and ping scripts(changes cl_updaterate, cl_cmdrate, rate, cl_rate etc., depending my latency), will they work with 1.6?

Sorry, Mankind don't mean to hijack your thread....:)

*EDIT*
btw, NERF the shield!!!!!111oneoneone

Omnituens
05-10-03, 10:08
nerf the shield my arse, nerf the *$%(^%*$£ AWP!!!ononeone

i never use CS scripts, i got 1337 buying skilllz (shame i dont have 1337 playing skillz though :()

i think you can get them to work, put them in the same dir as i discribed above and they may work, you'll just have to run the .cfg file using the exec command and it should work.

but dont blame me if you get banz0red

nerf the AWP!!111oneoneone

you'll have to make a T and CT script, i know i would have to coz my favourite CT/T weapons are not on the same number

famas>j00

[SP]Ostrich
05-10-03, 20:04
nerf the fucking shield.

Omnituens
06-10-03, 00:20
the shield just needs adjusting, ie the glass needs to be breakable and feet should be targetable.

AWP needs nerfing the most.