PDA

View Full Version : Little ol Spy can take down 2 Y Commanders...

Phiberdelic
04-10-03, 10:28
Woohoooo.....I suceeded in my goal, now to set a new one. I have been able to successfully hunt 2-3 Y Seargant simultaneously, but it just didnt seem like too much of a challenge. Well tonight I decided to take on 2 Y Commanders at the same time, heres some shots. [damn site wont let me link pics so heres the URL]

http://phiberdelic.0catch.com/

The reason why I got less money from one than the other is because of a damn FRE...man i wish they would fix those.

But anyways, to all those whiny tanks ingame that say its impossible to solo Y Commanders, and that I must be cheating...well I say "Re-roll to a spy and maybe aquire some skill while your at it, no cheatin about it."... I wonder if there is anyone else out there that finds Y's as rewarding as I do to hunt solo???

\\Fényx//
04-10-03, 10:32
Originally posted by Phiberdelic
But anyways, to all those whiny tanks ingame that say its impossible to solo Y Commanders, and that I must be cheating...well I say "Re-roll to a spy and maybe aquire some skill while your at it, no cheatin about it."... I wonder if there is anyone else out there that finds Y's as rewarding as I do to hunt solo???

A tank dont exactly have range, our AOE is shite and it's the only range we have... It's probably pretty easy to take em with a TT Laser or storm laser, but generally tank's dont garry them, a CS has the range of about 10 meters if you intend on hitting more than 50% of the time....

My Pistol PE's taken them before one at a time, but the still hurt if they get a shot at me...

However phiber can you go toe to toe with a warbot, stand there and fill it full of gat ammo and live ? Like tanks do :p

J. Folsom
04-10-03, 11:57
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
A tank dont exactly have range, our AOE is shite and it's the only range we have... He's using a raygun, so if he wants to be doing any kind of normal damage he has to get up close and personal, so the range point is moot ;p

alig
04-10-03, 13:49
There is no way he was being hit by them or he wouldnt of lasted 5 seconds as a spy...he was out shooting them.

Oath
04-10-03, 14:02
Originally posted by alig
There is no way he was being hit by them or he wouldnt of lasted 5 seconds as a spy...he was out shooting them.

i agree.

Psyco Groupie
04-10-03, 15:02
3rd person raygun is hardly skillful, [ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

BlackDove
04-10-03, 15:13
Trees are a wonderful thing.

Peeping Tom
04-10-03, 16:29
umm get dif host plz dude i licked the url and a gator poooped up and wanted to play

hehe spies rocks
K4F

lullysing
04-10-03, 16:51
ok, get some hosting from you ISP or something, this shit is a fucking nightmare. I just been asked to install 2 known spyware programs lol.

Phiberdelic
04-10-03, 18:24
Man whats the matter with this community?....
Wheres the congrats, and "way to go"'s? We need to encourage people not try to tear em down, sheesh. I would have received a better welcome on the newbie forums. In fact MODs can you move this over there, perhaps some newbies will notice the accomplishment and be inspired to face bigger and better chalenges-to let them know that the seemingly impossible can be accomplished.

It is a RoG, which at the same distance that the PE can initially target these I only lose about 3 damage per shot 59x3 with PE and 56x3 with RoG, but then they start running towards you so the average damage done to these is about 85x3.

And bout the hosting company, it was the fastest one I could find at 3AM, was kinda tired.

lullysing
04-10-03, 18:32
it is nice, that i will concede, but there is no way to see the images right now because your 20 megs are up( of traffic) and with all the popups and crap, i gotta ALT-F4 10 windows before having a chance to see anything.

Thundra
04-10-03, 18:34
could u fix the link please m8 i cant see anything i get some search page up or summin after a bout 5 mins of waiting.

well done btw but why u say only a spy can do it lol surely a PE would be just as good or i could just us eme tank TT gun.

well i dnot nwo how u did it yet as i cant see the pic. did u use range or a building

on a personal note i have soloed scout units adn stuff using buildings tho :)

Futureman
04-10-03, 18:44
ok am i crazy, but doesn't every raygun only do two damages per shot instead of three?

And yreps only do energy damage? i never knew that. Hmmm...... Interesting. No wonder it was so easy for my ppu to kill one for the crahn epic. BTW if you do an anticity epic as a PPU make sure you don't use soul clusters. Or at least don't let teh SC do more than 50 percent damage because then it won't count.