PDA

View Full Version : Recordable Discs/Cubes

Zhire_Ganes
04-10-03, 09:53
Did they ever implement them? And I mean beyond the point when they were extremely difficult to make and very impractical. Can you get them pretty easily now? If so I'm renewing my account :P

Honest though, did they? :)

Omnituens
04-10-03, 10:09
you can make them using recycling recipes, but some of the parts needed u cant get.

you can make a recordable disk though, lemme get the recipe

here we go:

Defunct CopBot Ethic Chip
Ancient Launcher Connectors
large hydraulic parts
large hydraulic parts
large hydraulic parts
large hydraulic parts
enery generator
hardware based OS

Zhire_Ganes
04-10-03, 10:10
Some of the parts you cannot get? In otherwords it's not possible to make them?

Omnituens
04-10-03, 10:12
its possible if you have some of the non-dropping junk in storage, but until the mobs that drop the junk are put back into the game, you cant get more of them

QuantumDelta
04-10-03, 10:21
All the stuff you listed drops...

Zhire_Ganes
04-10-03, 11:39
More or less it's still way too much of an inconvenience for them to be fun and practical, like when they were first implemented? I don't see any good reason that they don't simply put them in stores.

QuantumDelta
04-10-03, 11:41
*shrug* They don't wanna be flooded with'em?

Those "Too much hassle" ingrediants come from doom harbys (simple) stormbots (simple) and warbots (........oh my god even spider bots)

What's so Hassley?

Maarten
04-10-03, 12:23
What is a recordable disc?

\\Fényx//
04-10-03, 12:28
Originally posted by Maarten
What is a recordable disc?

one of those books...

One reason I think they havent bade them sold in shops is because of the database it would require... Everyone make's a book, fills it with shit etc imagine how many books will be made within a week, the database has to remember what stored on each individual book o_O

Maarten
04-10-03, 12:36
Books? What do you mean, a portable gogo?

Benjie
04-10-03, 12:48
Thats why NC needs a new publisher, so they can rally in more customers, get more profit, and UPGRADE!!!!! Larger Databases, stable servers, more de-bugging staff, Huge advertisment campaigns, Game content providers, and payed forum moderators.

Then recordable datadiscs would sell at krytens. All because kk had a compitent publisher that could rally in the big bucks for kk.

X452
04-10-03, 12:51
i made myself one of these a while back.

dont know wot to put on it so its just siting in a cab in my app

Heavyporker
04-10-03, 16:21
QD.... excuse me for a bit, I gotta simmer down...

ok...

QD... the "too much hassle" usually comes in when reffering to the recycle recipes for special gourment foods and datacubes. They require organics that taken together and sol at Yo's, far outstrip the cost for the end-product itself.

The recordable book is IMPOSSIBLE to make. I've heard that only reefsmoker has tronik parts, a critical item involved in the making of recordable books.

Recordable cubes are pretty much the only reasonably easy item to recycle into, and the defunct copbot chips can be a bit hard to get, considering the difficulty of dealing with Gaya mines. Plus, the Ceres mutants don't take kindly to people trying to pull out their rocketlaunchers' wiring.

ReefSmoker
04-10-03, 17:19
Originally posted by Heavyporker
The recordable book is IMPOSSIBLE to make. I've heard that only reefsmoker has tronik parts, a critical item involved in the making of recordable books.

My supply of tronik parts was consumed not long after I figured the recipe for recordable books, the ones I made were handed out to the true roleplayers on pluto and I daresay they have long since been used up.

*wonders when KK will stop fiddling around with loot tables*

Take care,

ReefSmoker

CryptoChronic
04-10-03, 17:27
http://www.artuproar.com/uploads/skins/previews/datadisc.jpg

sexeh

Omnituens
04-10-03, 18:28
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
All the stuff you listed drops...

read it again QD

Originally posted by Omnituens
you can make a recordable disk though, lemme get the recipe

here we go:

Defunct CopBot Ethic Chip
large hydraulic parts
large hydraulic parts
large hydraulic parts
large hydraulic parts
enery generator
hardware based OS

and i just have, the data book cannot be buit without the tronik parts. what a pisser.

Kasumi
04-10-03, 18:37
arent recordable datadisc called DoY Datadisc? or something like that?

lullysing
04-10-03, 19:32
I make recordable datacubes in my spare time, I got a few that are blank that could be sold at the moment. Recordable BOOKS cannot be made at the moment because TRONIKS parts don't drop.

Oh, and i'm the one that made that legal document. Least crypto chronic and vampire222 have an equivalent of "i did X and all i got was this stupid T-shirt", Neocron style.

CryptoChronic
04-10-03, 20:26
Originally posted by lullysing
Least crypto chronic and vampire222 have an equivalent of "i did X and all i got was this stupid T-shirt", Neocron style.

pardon?

lullysing
04-10-03, 20:28
Say when you go to mount Washington, and you can get at the gift shop T-shirts with "I risked my life climbing mount Washington and all i got was this stupid t-shirt" written on them.

My datacube was a legal document/little gib arond that kind of irony.

ghandisfury
04-10-03, 20:41
I have one...but what the hell is it for? You can just write in it? If that's all it is, then it's super-lame anyway.

ReefSmoker
04-10-03, 20:50
Originally posted by ghandisfury
I have one...but what the hell is it for? You can just write in it? If that's all it is, then it's super-lame anyway.

Roleplay my dear fellow, roleplay, something that the CS generation have yet to familiarise themselves with ;)

Take care,

ReefSmoker

lullysing
04-10-03, 21:19
Makes me think of that episode in PVP where the gang are all into playing D&D, and francis goes :
- ok, where's the server?
"there is no server"
- Then how we gonna play dungeons and dragons ?
"with pen and paper"
*Francis getting the space cadet look*

Marx
04-10-03, 21:52
I tried to get datacubes in bulk for a Fallen Angels event awhile back - or at least copies of the "the Tech Haven has been suffering" datacube.

Damned near impossible from both routes.

Broke my heart.

naimex
04-10-03, 22:48
IMHO datadiscs should be put back into the game.. able to buy them at crythons..

THEY ARE THE MISSING LINK !!!

If you really want to transfer top secret stuff what do you do ?

-Send by mail ?
+No, too unsecure.. will be noticed by NCPD

-Send by messenger ?
+thats a possibility..

but best way is ::
-Send in encrypted datadisc by messenger
+This will allow all new faction missions..
+This will make it possible to become a traitor of the faction.. (by taking important datadisc to enemy faction and give them instead to gain sympathy)
+Add a whole new market of messaging, missions, the possibility to add enhanced epics.. and so on.. not to mention the possibility to arrange meetings.. advertize for events.. put out council "vote for <runner> for faction councellor".. and so on they were so ubar !! and i never had time to get me any :(

lullysing
04-10-03, 23:05
Why do you think i'm trying to fabricate the little suckers? because they are the BOMB, that's what...

Zhire_Ganes
05-10-03, 00:07
I'm sure it's not that big of a deal for them to have them sold at Crytons.....it's a big deal for me though :P I'd like to be able to write books/journals... I'll reactivate my account no joke :P

naimex
05-10-03, 00:19
a thought just popped into my head when i read the post about books/journals....

could make these things in datadiscs too ::

Medical Journal ::
Runners Killed : xx
Killed By runners : yy

and so on..

but you could also, as an extra to the "neochronicle" in citycom.. you can get neochronicle on datadisc.. just each time neochronicle gets updated.. the "datadisc neochronicle news discs" at for instance crytons.. a special machine in plaza 1 where you can buy/get a copy for free.. then you can have the latest neochronicle on you always.. make it more futuristic newspaper like..

X452
05-10-03, 00:29
Originally posted by naimex
a thought just popped into my head when i read the post about books/journals....

could make these things in datadiscs too ::

Medical Journal ::
Runners Killed : xx
Killed By runners : yy

and so on..

i think once u write to it its sealed, so u cant update runners killed :/

naimex
05-10-03, 08:24
damn... too bad...

but couldnt it be auto updated then ?

you know kind of a summarized log..

Heavyporker
05-10-03, 08:36
Man... I wonder what it'd be like to try to do a production run of say, 50 recordable datadiscs. Getting the ethic chips would be a doozy. But with a ppu, its possible, though, I would think.

I forget - what's the going rate on recordable datadiscs on the market?

(oh, and benije/whomever - datadiscs shouldnt be storebought. I say make them recycle-only)

lullysing
05-10-03, 08:58
People generally don't buy recordable datacubes. When i sold em, it was for 100K a piece, considering you need warbot loot , and 3 items that drop from really harsh cave mobs.

Omnituens
05-10-03, 10:36
Originally posted by lullysing
3 items that drop from really harsh cave mobs.
only 2 are from cave mobs

Defunct Copbot Ethic Chip

rest is warbot loot.

the only thing stopping me from mass producing the fuckers is the fact my monk cant hack. and the low drop rate on the chip/connectors.

Dissenter
05-10-03, 10:42
I've got some connecters somewhere mate

Omnituens
05-10-03, 11:04
connectors arnt the major problem, its convincing a hacker to hack things for junk, not techs :p

Zu (Pluto)
05-10-03, 11:35
I wonder if it's at all possible to change drops so that recordable datacubes _always_ drop if you get killed (in addition to normal drop, otherwise exploitastic).

Then like it was said earlier, it can be used for "confidential" stuff, that we (the runners) can use to make our own runs and mini-events.

"Take this datacube to CA HQ - don't let it fall into enemy hands".

Otherwise, it's nice being able to write things down but kinda a shame if you can't do anything with it.

Zu

Heavyporker
05-10-03, 17:34
Hm. My apu on pluto can hack, and I've got a pretty good idea which copbots has the best drop rate for them. All I need's a decent ppu to cover my ass since those copbot laser rifles can hurt quite a bit.

That, or we get a team, spread out in pairs down there, and have the PPU in a central location (like the corridor just in front of the entrance), so we can run back when we need buffs.

Harvesting an uncommon specific item off multiple mobs becomes cheaper in terms of time duration as a whole invested when you have several harvesters going. 1 guy trying to get a, say, construction machina glove techpart will take like 100 hours straight. 10 guys searching for the same part most likely will hit it after, say, 30 hours straight. 50 guys searching for the same will most likely hit it in like 15 hours straight or something. Now, that time is spread over everyone, and the weight is cumulatibely greater, but with more mobs being taken down, the odds are rolled a lot more often, meaning you'd hit it much quickly that way.

Heh, we could make for a pretty good RP event with just the few of us. "Yo guys. This is the situation. Black market's screaming for more datadiscs. Our company's happy to make them for a tidy profit. Problem is, the product needs some pretty hard-to-get items. This will be your mission - Go to the Gaia Mines, take down what copbots you find down there, and rip out their ethic chips. Get as many as you can."

lullysing.... 100k?! Man, when they came out, they were like 35k-50k each. How in the world did oyu come up with 100k? Did anyone buy from you?

lullysing
05-10-03, 21:38
The ones i sold for 100K were mostly friends and people that know me, and wanted one for the cool factor.

The fact and the matter is :
- You need 3 of em BM : 2 launcher connectors and one ethic chip. - - The ethic chip only drops from the red lazrifle tootin copbots. for some reason, they spawn at a 2/5 rate compared to the white lazpistol tootin' crazy copbots, ( 3/5 ). Oh, and the ethic chip doesn't drop all the time.
- People in general don't like gaya mines, because it's a "gay ass place with no good l3wt" . I differ with them but i'm just a single runner, one pe to boot.

If anyone on pluto wants to start mass fabricating the little buggers, i kept a LOT of warbot junk ( over 70 nergy generators, 30ish big hydraulics, chips, processors, you name it, i got it) on pluto. keep me in the loop ( Jujuwalker Clancy )

Omnituens
06-10-03, 00:09
no!

as i said before, 1 ancient launcher connector, 1 ethic chip for the recordable disc!

http://www.rpgplanet.com/neocron/guides/recyclingrecipes.asp#dcs

lullysing
06-10-03, 01:11
Damn.

it HAS been a long time since i made any of the buggers,looks like i'm confusing it with the books recipe ... Sorry BM, you right.

stalked monkey
06-10-03, 01:35
Would be interesting to make an alternative to plaza 1 spam, make a bunch of datadisks saying "Blah Blah Constructor TL 179!!!! Working 9-5 for YOU!!!" and toss em off the medicare ;)

Heavyporker
06-10-03, 02:58
I also have very extensive supplies of organics and scraps on hand. I even have, what, about enough items to make say, 3 recordable discs, probably. I haven't gotten around to making them yet because I don't have an use for them (yet!!!!)

But lullysing... if you're anything like other PEs... then you have at least the basic PPU setup... which means we could do decently well. Chances are, if we work well together, in a few hours we would have enough to make about 20 datadiscs. Split it down the middle, why don't we?

and yes, it'd be intersting to use them as advertisments. But still, I cling to the hope of having hardcoded messages couriered over to places. THAT'd be the bomb.

Shadow Dancer
06-10-03, 06:11
Can you clone rocket connectors?

Also, for monk pa4 quest, if you have the package you can purchase defunct ethic chips from the guy in gaia mind.

IIRC.