PDA

View Full Version : Is KK biast towards monks?

Syntax-Error
03-10-03, 20:42
My answer YES

they get

BEST damage
BEST defence
As far as i see. most rares
many many more weapons

also u NEED a monk at all times

only way to effectivly kill a PPU is with an APU

monks dont need to aim

monks seem to be ignored by copbots when they have spells out

im getting sick of monkocron now. to many monks. and i wonder why..o yeah.. monks own Neocron.. why play another class.

i think KK are trying to remove all class's but monks.

Itth
03-10-03, 20:44
youre gonna get so flamed :lol:

EDIT: forgot to say i agree with you.

FatDogg
03-10-03, 20:45
What about PE's who can have more damage than a tank and (arguably) better defence as well? They can solo almost anything... Remember there is no such thing as a totally balanced game.

Duder
03-10-03, 20:46
...calm down, monks are balanced!

Plus PEs can take a fraction less damage then a tank and give less damage output then a tank!!!

So there! you should be happy that you take a little less damage then tanks!

Syntax-Error
03-10-03, 20:46
PEs.

sure.. whatever there blacksun needs nerfing. but still. a PE relies on speed.. and with para spam they die..

Scikar
03-10-03, 20:47
I estimate approximately 2 minutes before "monks have been nerfed more than any other class, all other classes should be nerfed so it's fair."

Dream
03-10-03, 20:48
Let the Flaming Begin :lol:

I LOVE monks, i LOVe being a monk, and perhaps KK is biased towards monks...and i LOVE IT :)

joran420
03-10-03, 20:48
your wrong...monks have to aim....only time copbots ignore a monk with a spell out is if the spell is a PPU spell(IE not agressive) they will attack if u pull out an aggressive spell

I hate it when ppl say monks dont have to aim like we are all abunch of CS kiddies with aimbots.....If i didnt need to aim then maybe i would hit my target more than 50% of the time

[edit] and APU's have the worst defence ...PPU's have the worst offence

Duder
03-10-03, 20:49
yeah, the blacksun does like 24 damage to a tank per shot when running about in Pepper Park up close!! It should be nerfed!

Im thinking that Anti-Shock drugs should be nerfed a bit, as people keep using them to avoid getting Holy Para up their rectum!

Archeus
03-10-03, 20:51
cry more n00b.

didn't notice what PPU's got this patch?

Nothing...

Oh wait we got it made harder to wear our power armor.

and spies got a nice new PPU killer weapon this patch.

APU's got Kami chips but that just makes them weaker then they are. Granted they are going to hurt more.

Monks are not ignored by copbots. They can draw out passive spells (as should be). They do need to aim, and if you bother to read other threads you will see they suffer more from misfires.

So tell us, which monk owned you?

Syntax-Error
Excuse me

i played a APU and a PPU for a long time

monks DONT NEED TO AIM

all they need to do is have the target under cursor when they cast

NO NEED TO AIM

NONE

Itth
Originally posted by Scikar
I estimate approximately 2 minutes before "monks have been nerfed more than any other class, all other classes should be nerfed so it's fair."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: true true:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Duder
03-10-03, 20:52
Originally posted by Archeus
cry more n00b.

didn't notice what PPU's got this patch?

Nothing...

Oh wait we got it made harder to wear our power armor.

and spies got a nice new PPU killer weapon this patch.

APU's got Kami chips but that just makes them weaker then they are. Granted they are going to hurt more.

So tell us, which monk owned you?

wait wait! PPUs didnt get anything this patch! Therefore your argument isnt valid anymore Syntax!

joran420
03-10-03, 20:52
just cause u dont need to have a recticle shrink...does not = not needing to aim.....

Syntax-Error
03-10-03, 20:55
Err ok so u need to be facing the direction of the tagrget LOL

what next.. u wana be able to type a name and then u hit them no matter wot.??

LOL monk o cron stikes again

Duder
03-10-03, 20:55
Actually, the "monks dont need to aim" argument isnt any good.

Instead the "Monks have soo easy aiming that even a 12 year old CS kiddie could do it" argument is better.

Dream
03-10-03, 20:56
Originally posted by joran420
just cause u dont need to have a recticle shrink...does not = not needing to aim.....

True That

Either way, it's most likely not going to change so why cry about it?

Duder
03-10-03, 20:57
Yeah, why use an inferior class?

mdares
03-10-03, 20:58
BEST damage; BEST defense

yes because thats 2 DIFFERENT runners; the old hybrids did fit yer profile but they have been effectively destroyed. And dont forget, anyone with a ppu can have those above traits.

many many more weapons

true but its because monks lvl slower than other classes (66% PSI vs. 100% of other classes)

cant argue about that; nerf teh ppu!!!!11111 :p but honestly u can kill a ppu with a tank or pe (TL3 optional) but will take a while, hence not effective.

monks dont need to aim

yes but we have a "pool based" ammo system that doesnt recharge instantly when we pop a booster; that and we fiz even when our reticle moves out just a little bit and hence no hit; with guns (just plasma i guess) with a little "splash like" action. That and u can have instant full ammo; cheap ammo, stuff like that.

erm... no... 4/5 times i die in pp is cuz some ghey cop gets me. (the 1/5 time i die cuz i synch out :p)

im getting sick of monkocron now. to many monks. and i wonder why..o yeah.. monks own Neocron.. why play another class.

this i agree with; my first char was a monk and i liked it because there werent so many around; now theres a shit load of em so i just not play my monky as a silent form of protest that theres too many monks. (maybe monk limit?)

but then it in no way makes them overpowered. (now i know people are gonna say OMG THEY DO 100 dmg to me! NERF!) but truthfully, if u setup your chars to repell monks you have nothing to fear; my non-monk chars are all specced to survive against monks and i think its pretty good (32 dmg from a capped HL :D).

and besides the only monks who are "overpowered" are ppus who cant die and can tickle u to death or just have a tar and shoot ya... so nerf them :D

Duder
03-10-03, 20:59
Originally posted by mdares
my non-monk chars are all specced to survive against monks and i think its pretty good (32 dmg from a capped HL :D).

Uhm APU damage is random....

Rade
Destroy the pure PPU class.

Dream
Originally posted by Duder
Yeah, why use an inferior class?

Cuz it can still be fun to try other classes...but in the end, the monk will conquor all ;)

Archeus
03-10-03, 21:00
Actually, the "monks dont need to aim" argument isnt any good.

This thread is turning into a obvious troll (FCAs should know better).

It has already been discussed in detail the differences in aiming and thier effects.

... most rares? We do? Does that take into account that only half of them can be used by one class of monk at a time? That is like saying Spies have the most rares as they have rare pistols, rifles, drones.

mdares
03-10-03, 21:00
Uhm APU damage is random....

i know duder; i took an average of 5 hits and took the mean dmg value :D

Keyol45743241
03-10-03, 21:02
Well.... are there really some people out there that dare to argue the fact, that they're overpowered like hell?

Wouldn't anyone agree that the balance would actually work if there was no PPU at all?

Hell-demon
03-10-03, 21:02
I admit aiming is easy as a Psi. But Psi monks have cons too

Hybrid no longer viable
Dex skills weak
Feeble strength
Ugly as sin:D

Dream
03-10-03, 21:04
Originally posted by Keyol45743241
Wouldn't anyone agree that the balance would actually work if there was no PPU at all?

Hey, leave ppu's out of this :p

alig
03-10-03, 21:06
omfg, shut up puhlease!

I can remember when the whole forum community used to say tanks were kk's babys.....fucking shut it.

Useless thread!:rolleyes:

Duder
03-10-03, 21:08
Originally posted by Archeus
This thread is turning into a obvious troll (FCAs should know better).

It has already been discussed in detail the differences in aiming and thier effects.

... most rares? We do? Does that take into account that only half of them can be used by one class of monk at a time? That is like saying Spies have the most rares as they have rare pistols, rifles, drones.

yeah, someone doesnt like the fact that theres too many monks, its a troll alright!

Nexxy
03-10-03, 21:09
no ones used the story line excuse for monks being over powered yet have they?

Duder
03-10-03, 21:10
Originally posted by Nexxy

soon.

Same people who uses the "PE description says they are JOATs. Descriptions, never lie!"

Archeus
03-10-03, 21:12
yeah, someone doesnt like the fact that theres too many monks, its a troll alright!

But that is not what they are moaning about.

It's a troll when they whine about stuff already talked about to try and get a negative response from everyone.

Syntax-Error
03-10-03, 21:12
WHy should we know better. im a FCA so dose that mean i have to kiss KK ass? no i dont think so.

Rade
03-10-03, 21:16
Originally posted by Hell-demon
Hybrid no longer viable
Dex skills weak

Hybrid no longer viable? I have a viable in my own clan, the only thing that can beat him one on one is a APU. He has the same damage output as a PE, and alot better defence and heals. The only thing he doesnt have is stealth. How is that not viable? The only reason people arent playing hybrids is that APUs and PPUs are so damn overpowered.

Dex skills weak? Have you seen what Spies and PEs recycle, repair or vehicle use looks like lately? 0,0,0. A monk can actually do these skills, a PE or Spy doesnt have that option.

Duder
03-10-03, 21:18
....if Monks placed all Dex points in Agil, they can run damm fast....faster then a non using white or red -flash using PE or a tank.

Shakari
03-10-03, 21:20
Originally posted by Syntax-Error
Excuse me

i played a APU and a PPU for a long time

monks DONT NEED TO AIM

all they need to do is have the target under cursor when they cast

NO NEED TO AIM

NONE

don't need to aim lol u been playing a different game :/

yes they do and is quite hard when u got a pe running rings round u :lol: if u mean not wait-for-aiming reticule they yes thats true but the still have to point the reticule at the person which can be easier said than done :D

Syntax-Error
03-10-03, 21:22
true

now look at a tank

he has a PE running the SAME speed rings

he has to target him

AND wait on the closing of the reticule.. just like everyone but monks

joran420
03-10-03, 21:22
umm and correct me if im wrong...but can a tank fire before his recticle closes? but the shots just arent as accurate?

Duder
03-10-03, 21:23
An APU just needs a tiny bit of your hitbox, and he can cast a nice burst of HL, even around walls.

ezza
03-10-03, 21:24
i wouldnt say KK are more biased towards monks, but its a hell of a lot easier to play a monk than other classes, i could pk easy with my APU.

its basically all the people who used to go a tank cos it was easy are all proberbly APUs now

stopped playing my APU now though its boring having millions of monks and id rather not contribute to monkocron

now im leveling a PE and feel much better for it :)

fuck da monks:p

Syntax-Error
03-10-03, 21:27
Why yes he can.. and miss every shot.. lol...

and monks can shoot barrles.. its about as effective.

Oath
My answer YES

they get

BEST damage
BEST defence
many many more weapons

also u NEED a monk at all times

monks dont need to aim

bollocks,

Apu = best damage, fork all defence,
PPu = Shit damage, mega defence,

the rare barrels are rather crap, and aside from them Apu's get 2 rares, tanks get, um lemme see, 4 including the speedgun.

PPu's get more rares, but the only shit (for other people) rare they get is holy 'glue' paralysis.

im an avid tank man, i recently made an apu, and after all my bitching about their damage being so nasty and runcasting, i feel theyre balanced.

PPu's will never be balanced, soulclusters see to that, but, even they dont need nerfed, maybe tone dowm holy para a bit.

My only pet hate is apu and ppu teams, theyre nasty, specialy with a skilled ppu, but nm.

monks? ignored by coppers? erm.............mine isnt............ever.

Kk trying to remove all other classes? no, thats crap, i still feel tanks are getting the raw end of the deal, but would you rather have the evil hybrid monks back in game? Not only did they do mass damage, but the had awesome defence, personally there are times when can laugh at an apu, but if he pulls holy lightning, i begin to wet myself, rightly so, i see a ppu pull holy para, i shit myself cos i know what follows, but what? you wanna nerf a balanced class? will you be happy when they cant take any damage not deal it? hey why not remeover monks altogether.

Look at my sig, its meant in sarcasm.

Long rant, but hey.

No offene intended,
just my opinion,
sorta.

Oath.

ezza
Why yes he can.. and miss every shot.. lol...

and monks can shoot barrles.. its about as effective.

a monk who misses is a crap monk.....and also a dead monk;)

Thundra
03-10-03, 21:28
jsut oen thign to joran420.

when people say u dont need to aim as a monk they mean all u have to do is point and click and u get 100% chance of a hit. guns ahve to wait for a recticle to shrink and even at smallest dnot give 100% cahnce of hit.

so next time some one says u dont need to aim they mean that as it just seems ya not understanding ema ll.

this aint a piss take or anythig i was just sayin incase u were gettin missunderstood thats all. :)

Duder
03-10-03, 21:28
APUs have better defense then Spies....plus they can do more damage then them, and run faster then them, and be able to cripple PPUs. Spies can what, stealth and be the hacker bitch? weee!

Thundra
03-10-03, 21:30
Originally posted by joran420
umm and correct me if im wrong...but can a tank fire before his recticle closes? but the shots just arent as accurate?

lol dude stop saying this as i posted a few mins ago lol.

u can fire but u wont hit shit where as a monk will get 100% accuracy

•Super|\|ova•
03-10-03, 21:32
Well, yes, monks are more powerful than other classes and sometimes it gets me really pissed off but we have to remember (as it seems that most of you don't know the history of NC) that monks are supposed to be the most powerfull people in that world. If I remember right monks used to rule the world at some point of Neocron history.

And after all it is very logical that they are more powerful than others. Imagine those kind of powers in real world.

That is all I want to say.

Duder
03-10-03, 21:34
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
Well, yes, monks are more powerful than other classes and sometimes it gets me really pissed off but we have to remember (as it seems that most of you don't know the history of NC) that monks are supposed to be the most powerfull people in that world. If I remember right monks used to rule the world at some point of Neocron history.

And after all it is very logical that they are more powerful than others. Imagine those kind of powers in real world.

Look what Nexx had to say!

Originally posted by Nexxy

Seems the prophecy has been completed˝!!1!1

El Barto
Stop crying its they way it should be, only that PPU buffs shouldn't be as effective as they are on other people, but should be great on them selfs.

Oath
APUs have better defense then Spies....plus they can do more damage then them, and run faster then them, and be able to cripple PPUs. Spies can what, stealth and be the hacker bitch? weee!

Spies dont suck, they will continue to suck ass until you learn to play with them. they can have some of the highest resists in game (now thanks to xray bones and i said some :eek: )

Also ive seen a silent hunter spy take down a capped tank in a dance. So dont gimme that balls about spys suck, they dont, they have low defence yes, less than apu............no.........lower con yes. apu's own them of course, but, thats the apus job right?

An apu's best defence is a good offence :rolleyes:
A spys best defence is not to turn up :lol:

Thundra
03-10-03, 21:36
i dont care that monks are mroe powerful as i thik the fack there buggering borin to play (point and click yay so challenging) makes up for it and i only recently started my first monk since early beta as summin to lvl when im bored.

adn yes story makes out there ment to be harder so u know.

so basically i agree yes the do get more love but also there sorta ment to be that way in a funny kinda way.

Oath
03-10-03, 21:36
Originally posted by El Barto
Stop crying its they way it should be, only that PPU buffs shouldn't be as effective as they are on other people, but should be great on them selfs.

Agreed

Syntax-Error
03-10-03, 21:37
Storyline shocker here

MONKS

(yes thats you PPU and APU's out there ONE class)

are supposed to have been almost wiped out and driven into hiding and also socially rejected....hmmm i dont quite think thats how it is.

Rade
03-10-03, 21:38
Originally posted by El Barto

How is a majority of the community finding the game boring
because of the obscene imbalance of one class as it should be?
Get your head out of the sand.

Oath
03-10-03, 21:38
Storyline shocker here

MONKS

(yes thats you PPU and APU's out there ONE class)

are supposed to have been almost wiped out and driven into hiding and also socially rejected....hmmm i dont quite think thats how it is.

Well, to quote a movie, 'THEYRE BACK'

Monks area popular class now, they never used to be.

somtimes unpopular things become popular again quickly, monks for example.

Rade
03-10-03, 21:40
oath, hes not talking about popular or not. If you go by the
storyline where it says that monks are powerfull, well, then you
also have to go by the part where it says monks are rare.

All in all, I think everyone can agree that using the storyline in
balance issues is idiocy.

Hell-demon
03-10-03, 21:40
The story also sez that monks can lift people in the air and make them explode.

But the thing is monks use modules to cast psi spells. So why monks cant use their powers with out gauntlets and modules is beyond me:confused:

Oath
03-10-03, 21:41
Originally posted by Rade
How is a majority of the community finding the game boring
because of the obscene imbalance of one class as it should be?
Get your head out of the sand.

Im going in game now.

Bye.

:lol: :lol:

<------- not bored with neo.

Duder
Originally posted by Hell-demon

But the thing is monks use modules to cast psi spells. So why monks cant use their powers with out gauntlets and modules is beyond me:confused:

They maybe play CS too much and forget alot?

Mingerroo
*yawn*

They don't get BOTH, and are majorly gimped in the other area if they go all the way into one.

I am a spy, and kill a PPU, it just takes skills. Balance is attained through balance in players, not just adjusting for one persons lack of skill.

They get a lot of rares but so do the other classes, only difference is that the other classes specialise in one area or another, try to think of an APU and a PPU as a separate classes.

This game is getting balanced.... how can you tell? Everyone is bitching that they aren't the best class and that other classes have it good :p

Please, stop whining and start adding to the game (check my thread to see what I mean).

oh, and I voted NO if you didnt guess :)

Syntax-Error
03-10-03, 21:42
U may be a big guy

but ure NOT the majority of the community :P

Rade
03-10-03, 21:49
Originally posted by Mingerroo
I am a spy, and kill a PPU, it just takes skills. Balance is attained through balance in players, not just adjusting for one persons lack of skill.

You should have said "Im a rank 2/4 tank, and kill a capped APU, it just takes skills.", it would make you look like you had a better grip on what the game is actually like.

[TgR]HusK
03-10-03, 21:58
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•

Ok here we go...The story includes only one very small thing about monks fighting, which was this:

When one of the warriors hits one of the cave dwellers on the head just for fun his companions witness how the warrior is raised about nine feet into the air by invisible hands, just before he explodes from inside out. Afterwards two witnesses confirm that the eyes of the cave dweller were glowing red by that time

Hardly proof that they where the strongest.
Also this was in ancient times, since monks no longer live underground I find it logical to assume they have become less powerfull instead of more, simply bacause they didn't any longer need there powers to stay alive and cummunicate.

Now versus tanks, monks used there minds to create the gentank at the order of Mr. Regent ( \o/ a legacy hehe ) to create the ultimate soldier.
If the tank wheren't more powerfull than the monks they would have created something simular to themselves.
Thus in my oppinion gentanks should be as said many times before the warior class. ( does not mean that a tank should always be stronger, just the perfect setup for a tank should be stronger than anything else )

So the way I'm reading it, monks are the second strongest characters in history, however....Mr. Crahn found them, he was no monk but the leader of some savages, but the monks still concider them there leader even tho he's dead. Why would they do that if they had been superiour all the time?
note: gentanks didn't exist yet and since they wheren't all that inteligent yet I doubt they where spy's, so there you have it. Crahn was a PE =)

Now there is alot to question and things can probably be fitted in more ways in favor of some character type. I think kk is trying hard to balance every character out as much as possible, right now it has been in favor of monks, in the past it has been in favor of tanks and it begins to look like Pe's are next for an upgrade....we will see.

Xian
03-10-03, 22:02
Everyone used to say KK was biased towards Tanks.

Now it's monks?

Duder
03-10-03, 22:05
Well back then support chars wasnt really in full swing like now, so having a freezer pistol welding Tank with a CS was all the rage back then.

Now its Holy Para using PPUs with a HL using APU.

mdares
03-10-03, 22:08
man cant wait till SD gets a whiff of this thread :D

Duder
03-10-03, 22:09
Originally posted by mdares
man cant wait till SD gets a whiff of this thread :D

haha! :lol:

.Cyl0n
03-10-03, 22:14
KK loving monks ? LMAO

KK fucked up monks for me totally...
and im not alone...

.cy

Rade
03-10-03, 22:16
Originally posted by .Cyl0n
KK loving monks ? LMAO

KK fucked up monks for me totally...
and im not alone...

.cy

Hybrids are still superior to PEs, Tanks and Spies in 1vs1. What do you want? Your godmode back?

Xian
03-10-03, 22:17
Well back then support chars wasnt really in full swing like now, so having a freezer pistol welding Tank with a CS was all the rage back then.

Now its Holy Para using PPUs with a HL using APU.

People have been saying Tanks were KK's stroking pet up until very recently.

Archeus
03-10-03, 22:21
Originally posted by Thundra
when people say u dont need to aim as a monk they mean all u have to do is point and click and u get 100% chance of a hit.

Wow.. I wish I did.

As for spies, they are not gimped. They are pretty powerful once you know how to play them. I watched Julia Chambers laughing as she was getting poison stacked by an capped API and doing nothing to the health bar. TL3 heal was outhealing the high level spell.

Granted she has the resists and heavy poison belt on. But the APU wasn't doing anything.

Genty
03-10-03, 22:24
*sigh*

ok, I have been a monk since the very begining of retail, I experienced the start of retail, nerf, boost, nerf, boost, nerf, boost and stuck it out. I was a Hybrid, that option is now not available so i went Pure PPU, now your saying that you don't want that to be viable either? I have but hundreds of hours into my character and all that seems to be happening is I am getting less and less options of how I play the game.

Fine get rid of PPU's...infact, stuff PPU altogether, oh wait, that would effect your precious PE's now would'nt it.....

You want more options of who to be in NC, you want variety, but you are slowly nerfing people into less and less options. Stop screaming nerf and start screaming Balance.....

*me fights of the sweeping brush as he gets shoved into yet another corner*

@Thundra - You say Monks have 100% accuracy? I would like to see you target who you want in an OP war with 20 odd people running around full pace firing the crap out of each other 100% of the time.

Syntax-Error
03-10-03, 22:29
no please remove PPU ill be happy

So good to see only ppl who support them are the PPU's themselves.

Rade
03-10-03, 22:30
Originally posted by Genty
I was a Hybrid, that option is now not available so i went Pure PPU,

This talk about hybrids not being viable again. Hybrids beats
tanks, PEs and Spies one on one. The reason people doesnt play
them is because pures are so much better.. Lets see, alot more
better than a class that already beats the other classes one on
one... Sounds balanced.

Genty
03-10-03, 22:31
no please remove PPU ill be happy

Well, I am sorry, but if you had been a Monk for 1 year of Neocron and now, after all the time and effort you have put into your char, everyone just wants to get rid of you I am sure you would defend yourself.

Spoon
03-10-03, 22:31
You think Monkocron is bad now?..
Just wait till the Crahn Epic Glove is in the game........

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Archeus
03-10-03, 22:33

Wow, your ability to comprehend that is amazing (http://www.apa.org/journals/psp/psp7761121.html).

Of course people who have spent months building thier characters are going to be pissed when someone who isn't playing one wants one removed.

I'm all for having the PPU gimped so they are easier to kill, however for that I would want it so that no class outside of a monk can cast spells.

That's right, no spells at all for Tanks/Spies/PE's unless an APU or PPU hits them with one.

And if monkeys don't need to aim to hit people then why the hell do people bitch when they die because they were screaming "Buff me Buff me heal me!!" while flamango dancing around a monster.

Genty
03-10-03, 22:34
This talk about hybrids not being viable again. Hybrids beats
tanks, PEs and Spies one on one. The reason people doesnt play
them is because pures are so much better.. Lets see, alot more
better than a class that already beats the other classes one on
one... Sounds balanced.

Not seen a hybrid that can take on any class 1 on 1 yet but then again not really seen a hybrid, so, no comment on that until i do.

As for being pure, I now have lots of options, I don't have to invest all my int points into psi use, I can be different and research, construct, hack...or all 3.........

Rade
03-10-03, 22:37
Talk to max twilight then. Hes back, in my clan. He leveled as hybrid from scratch and is now capped. Easy leveling and now he is pretty powerful even tho he hasnt had practice for a long time. Damage output like a PE, antidbuff, and alot better defence and heals.

Syntax-Error
03-10-03, 22:38
this community is luaghable.. lol see

Mingerroo
03-10-03, 22:41
Hybrids are still superior to PEs, Tanks and Spies in 1vs1. What do you want? Your godmode back?

I can snipe, gun and sex any monk to death unless they are a better player than me... The classes are fairly balanced in my opinion and NO KK DO NOT FAVOUR ANY CLASS. That is the one thing I can't stand is people making bullsh** rumours about KK having favourites. :rolleyes:

Syntax-Error
03-10-03, 22:42
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

Genty
03-10-03, 22:43
Talk to max twilight then. Hes back, in my clan. He leveled as hybrid from scratch and is now capped. Easy leveling and now he is pretty powerful even tho he hasnt had practice for a long time. Damage output like a PE, antidbuff, and alot better defence and heals.

I am not capped in 1 year of playing.........

as for shields...well, if he has 120 APU (to use Anti-buff) then that should take a hell of a lot off his shields and I would be surprised to hear it was better than a PE's.....all i know with Hybrid's is PPW is the key...but anyway....

[ edited ]

No arguement so you insult him :/

Psycho Killa
03-10-03, 22:46
whatever happened to is kk bias to tanks?

Theyre obviously not biased to one class or the other...

Weither or not the classes are balanced is a different subject.

Keyol45743241
The vote is quite representative: Every monkeh is voting "no", everyone else "yes".... :rolleyes:

Syntax-Error
No i just dont like him so i insult him.

i gave up arguing a long time ago. as everyone is right and no one is wrong and anyone who says diffrent is stupid and must be a carebear/fan boi/noob

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rade
03-10-03, 22:47
Originally posted by Genty
I am not capped in 1 year of playing.........

as for shields...well, if he has 120 APU (to use Anti-buff) then that should take a hell of a lot off his shields and I would be surprised to hear it was better than a PE's.....all i know with Hybrid's is PPW is the key...but anyway....

Antibuff is like 117 or something I thought? Anyway, he relies on
me to psi boost 1 him for antibuff, so thats not entirely fair. But
he does outheal me without much problem, I however, do not
outheal him. He also fought some tanks and some other PE and
won hands down, he can heal up fast and grind them down PE
style. The only thing he is missing compared to a PE is stealth.

@mingerroo, I dont believe KK has any favourites, im not an idiot.
I havent been discussing wether or not KK has favourites, Ive
been discussing the balance.

Pi-Oh-Pah
03-10-03, 22:53
shit double post

Genty
03-10-03, 22:53
Antibuff is like 117 or something I thought? Anyway, he relies on
me to psi boost 1 him for antibuff, so thats not entirely fair. But
he does outheal me without much problem, I however, do not
outheal him. He also fought some tanks and some other PE and
won hands down, he can heal up fast and grind them down PE
style. The only thing he is missing compared to a PE is stealth.

I seriously won't believe he can out heal you with all that apu until i see it. He must have a psi core, psi exp 3,2,1 or something like that. I am interested to hear the % damage he gets on the (blessed?) heal

Pi-Oh-Pah
03-10-03, 22:54
My answer YES

they get

BEST damage - only APU
BEST defence - only PPU
As far as i see. most rares - yeah right theres about 5 or 6 APU rares
many many more weapons - most get ignored due to being shite

also u NEED a monk at all times - my APU lvls solo mostly always having to watch ur hlth is a bitch

only way to effectivly kill a PPU is with an APU - only when he leaves GR unbuffed (yes I did this 0.o)

monks dont need to aim - lotsa miscasting tho

monks seem to be ignored by copbots when they have spells out - not me m8 I got shot by a copbot in PP when I ran thru from Ind Area

BlackDove
03-10-03, 22:55
In my opinion the monks are just slightly overpowered than the rest of the junk pile. Being a solo APU should be suicide and being a PPU should be a little less from the current god mode. They should complement eachother, not have one class being able to just simply stand on its own against 5-8 other people and give that same kind of support to his teammate. It is skill that should count, skill of the two monks that go and kill things quickly because they _can_ with the APU's high offensive capabilities and have to so they don't get creamed themselves.

The two just need a slight nerfage, to be brought into the range of the rest of the pack.

Nidhogg
03-10-03, 22:55
Closed at thread starter's request.

N