PDA

View Full Version : Join Proxy Error

Zanathos
03-10-03, 18:14
Why is it whenever I disconnect from a server to join another server or the same server with a different character, I get this error?

To join the server with the character I wanted to log on with, I have to close Neocron, and relaunch it.

Even though the process takes about 20-25 seconds for me to do, its still quite anoying. (from disconnecting from the server, to closing neocron, to restarting it and joining the server.)

evs
03-10-03, 18:34
ahem

use search function :)

Zanathos
03-10-03, 20:54
Soooooo I fix the problem by disabling internet connection sharing?

How do I do that? (I use windows XP, rogers cable internet connection)

As well, I have a computer downstairs in my home that shares the internet connection off of the one upstairs.

If i disable that, the computer downstairs cant use the internet can it?

Archeus
03-10-03, 20:56
you can't log in 2 characters from the same account on the same server.

You can if you have two accounts. As mentioned do a search as there is a setting you put in an INI file.

Zanathos
03-10-03, 21:02
Thats not what im doing......

Alright, let me say it this way.

Im logged onto Saturn on my Character Ryel.

My clan wants me to get onto Thufir so we can hunt Warbots at the Military base.

I log off.

I connect to Saturn again

I pick Thufir to play on that server.

Connect to server.

Goes back to main menu.

Join proxy session failed.

I have to exit Neocron, and restart it to log in with Thufir.

Very anoying sometimes when im logging my different chars to help in different ways.

Flub900
03-10-03, 21:06
I have the exact same problem. Like when you get a fatal and you want to just log back in but you gotta exit out and start up NC all over again. I do have a wireless router which another computer shares my internet conection with. Is there any way i can stop this from happening?

Archeus
03-10-03, 21:07
Same issue. Your using a different port I think when you log in again and the other hasn't timed out yet. The INI change may or may not fix that.

Zanathos
04-10-03, 06:24
still doesnt answer the question however.

GaZal
04-10-03, 09:00
You can speed up your relogin process by simply pressing ALT+F4 to close NC right away and then just start it again and press ESC when CDV's logo shows. That way you can login to another char in few secs instead of first waiting the 10 secs to disconnect and then hitting the exit button and waiting till NC quits and so on. Though if you want to login to char that is on the same account and server as the one you were just using, you have to wait few secs before login to the other char so that the earlier connection times out.

Join Proxy Session -error is a server side problem and there's nothing you can do about it as far as I know. It's something that KK should take care of.

BJB
04-10-03, 09:22
omfg I get that exact problem...and I must say when I played saturn and wanted to transfer stuff...well OMFG ANNOYING, litteraly took 3-4 mins JUST TO GET BACK IN ALL IN ALL.