PDA

View Full Version : what new changes would you like to see when doy is released?

Style
03-10-03, 15:42
so i was thinking :)

what changes could be made to get neocron back to the way it was meant to be, full of fear, mayhem, mischief, crime, battles, economy and most important fun

so, feel free to add to changes you would like to see when doy hits to get this game back from neocamp to neocrack/cron

EDIT> oh damn, i forgot to make multiple choice, would rock if a mod could change that for me :)

\\Fényx//
03-10-03, 15:58
get rid of parashite

Dribble Joy
03-10-03, 16:06
My my, what an un-biased poll O_o

Drop rate increased slightly, affect on drop rate by rank lowered.
Remove paraspam.
DoY centre safezone, DoY enemies shot on sight.

Judge
03-10-03, 16:49
Argh.... hard to chose between getting rid of neocamp and Paraspam.

I think I'll wait for multiple choice to vote :p

Benjie
03-10-03, 16:56
No.1 for me: Better clothing system.
No.2 for me: Bring OZ back to life. (but do it by removing agressor cellars from plaza and adding cool mobs to OZ and making OZ7 accesable again.)

enablerbr
03-10-03, 17:09
you missed 1 option. NO MORE BUGS!!!!!!

Balthasar
03-10-03, 17:37
If there wasn't the freezer option I'd have given my vote for removing the safe slot ... but you didn't even give me a chance.

Lecko
03-10-03, 17:50
I voted for increased drop rate...

a few probs though:

"allow tanks a chip which to use pistol, or rifle with, it deducts big amount of HC so they can no use it to gain more WL for cannon"

Surely use Melee Experience 3 imp to gain +15 WL???? No need for pistol/rifle chips.

"last off all no safe slot, no quickbelt, item drops from quickbar, only weapon which drop is rare, save lvlers"

That would so much make me not want to play... random ganking would increase tenfold to rob your weapons.

jernau
03-10-03, 18:25
Get a mod to lock this and do it again with multiple choice and less BS and people might take it seriously.

enablerbr
03-10-03, 18:31
thinking about it. i'd like to see secret entrances for both CM, TH, TG and DoY. when it comes out. i mean if NC has them why not the rest.

Nidhogg
03-10-03, 18:42
Poll type cannot be altered once it's been created. I can alter options and add new ones but I can't turn it into multi-choice. Sorry.

N

Oath
03-10-03, 18:50
I really really really really want no safe zones, BBBBUTTTTT

In order for the economy to flurish there has to be at LEAST one safe area where all factions can come trade, buy and sell, without the fear of getting ganked by some lucky noob or some big strong *insert class here*.

Hopefully,

Oath.

jernau
03-10-03, 19:30
Originally posted by Nidhogg
Poll type cannot be altered once it's been created. I can alter options and add new ones but I can't turn it into multi-choice. Sorry.

N

I meant make a whole new thread but I guess it doesn't matter.

Style
03-10-03, 19:33
Surely use Melee Experience 3 imp to gain +15 WL???? No need for pistol/rifle chips.

by adding rifle/pistol points?

EDIT> just put your extra votes into a post then... who fuck cares, no need to bitch about it. kk still likes to read :)

Drake6k
03-10-03, 19:38
No safe zones!!

Nidhogg
03-10-03, 20:15
Originally posted by jernau
I meant make a whole new thread but I guess it doesn't matter. I was responding to Style's original request. The rest is up to him.

N

ezza
03-10-03, 20:25
i went for the the tech parts back the way they were, but also make the mobs back to the way there were also, nothing more boring than having to go out hunting to level or hunt for techs, and as this is the major part of the game(as in you have to level to compete in PvP, you have to hunt to get techs)if the mob could be taken down like they used to be, and you got techs at the rate you used to then, people would be less bothered about dropping that nice shiney liberator or cursed soul.

if i could of chose a second one it would be that no safe zones ANYWHERE!!.

(if the first chose was brought in then i would happily have the old drop the weapon on the floor kills)

enablerbr
03-10-03, 20:28
ezza i'd rather see NEPTUNE server than droping safezones on the other servers. that way everyone is kept happy. us with neptune, no safezones, no LE etc.... them with all the current ristrictions.

ezza
03-10-03, 20:29
Originally posted by enablerbr
ezza i'd rather see NEPTUNE server than droping safezones on the other servers. that way everyone is kept happy. us with neptune, no safezones, no LE etc.... them with all the current ristrictions.

with the current amount of people that would leave a lot of servers with very few people on it, it just aint gonna happen

edit: they would still have there LE chips if they wanted;)

Scikar
03-10-03, 20:53
Remove safezones, but increase CopBots in Plaza and VR, remove CopBots from Pepper.

Old tech part drop rate.

Change QB drops, i quite like the idea of only rares dropping, it might leave out things like BlackSun but it still sounds good to me.

And remove parashocks.

ezza
03-10-03, 21:18
Originally posted by Scikar
Remove safezones, but increase CopBots in Plaza and VR, remove CopBots from Pepper.

Old tech part drop rate.

Change QB drops, i quite like the idea of only rares dropping, it might leave out things like BlackSun but it still sounds good to me.

And remove parashocks.

yeah para was one thing i missed out

parashit is evil:mad:

bibliotequa
03-10-03, 23:09
hey style, you coming back to nc or saturn? You helmut and starkes were what made the game so exciting, when you ppl left... it got boring :( no1 to run away from when making newb chars, and no1 to go fight when i lvl up... :( umm my choices were:

1:remove para
2:Increase rare drops slightly
3:Remove safezones
4:Put life back into OZ
5:Remove hackbelts, and what drops is whats in the quickbelt, but i still want that one safeslot, but still, i for example sometimes go into anarchy zones with 4 rares, sometimes with 1 *shrugs*

jernau
03-10-03, 23:24
Starkes won't come back. The bugs and exploits he needed so he could kill people half his rank have been fixed.

Nooq
03-10-03, 23:25
Where's poll ¹ 11: droms ? j/k

Well i've noticed that the droprate is a bit low (yesterday 5+ hours at steppe around 40ish WB's 10ish horrors - Loot: 0 techs 1 defensive psi-3 and one c10) something is wrong with this droprate allright

Style
04-10-03, 00:56
jernau, you trying to say starkes had no skill? you can play him at ut2003 if you want, a pure skill game. just sounds to me like someone is jealous to be honest
EDIT> we was PKers/dodgy folk, we did not play neocron to be the best because we are not ego maniacs

hey style, you coming back to nc or saturn? You helmut and starkes were what made the game so exciting, when you ppl left... it got boring no1 to run away from when making newb chars, and no1 to go fight when i lvl up... umm my choices were

we'll be back when neptune is back. or if runner loot drop and no safe slot was here

QuantumDelta
04-10-03, 01:01
Originally posted by Style
jernau, you trying to say starkes had no skill? you can play him at ut2003 if you want, a pure skill game. just sounds to me like someone is jealous to be honest

we'll be back when neptune is back. or if runner loot drop and no safe slot was here

Tell him to pick up a free copy of FreeSpace2 from Underdogs, or on kazaa or something (since it's open source it's now effectively free unless you want the box/etc), and come meet me.
My email address is my logon name here @hotmail.com

And yes, I hate spam mail =P

Clyde
04-10-03, 01:08
how about more kk relations with the community

Ehyuko
04-10-03, 01:30
Fixed drone bugs and drone balancing [PN's do less dmg then a capped commando - and fire at the same rate!].

VetteroX
04-10-03, 04:57
Id like a lot of the things in your poll, except the no safe slot. Heres neocron no safe slot: two people fight, 1 starts to lose, stops moving, pulls weapon into inv, dies. If you make it so weapon drops anyway, nobody would fight. Think of it. If you fought me, you would lose, and you would lose your rare, gaenteed. you really want that? BTW, starkes isnt good, I fought him, it was as if he had 0 resits... less then a clip of lib to drop him. So if HATE went up vs me and the people I play with, you would be the ones losing your rares without a chance to stop it... you really want this? Tell me, what do people do when these lose a rare every time they die!? even the richest would never carry a rare.

Keep the one safe slot... I still get lots of rares from people, just kill dumb people that carry 2 rares, and bang, u get a rare.

\\Fényx//
04-10-03, 13:24
Originally posted by VetteroX
...Think of it. If you fought me, you would lose, and you would lose your rare, gaenteed. you really want that...

:lol: gotta love your comments vet :lol:

Style
04-10-03, 14:20
haha yes vet, we are shit our pants rofl

i made a post about people like you the other day, about how this games skill depends on peoples uber resists that took them ages to work out

we took down people such as with slit wrists and element back in our time, what makes you any different

and when did you fight sarkes? if it was recently it was not even him, it was his friend clown boat who has never played this before on a charecer which is out date

i r teh king of the cron, all da ladiez love it HE! HE!

EDIT> you call your self a PKer and you want to keep safe slot, lol

jernau
04-10-03, 14:32
If you don't think Starkes was a noob - check out his forum posts.
If you don't think he was an immature tit - check out anything he every said anywhere.

The only people who think he was any good either
1) are his mates
2) weren't there
3) were there but were half his level
4) were there but didn't exploit the bugs and imbalances he did

The game has improved in leaps and bounds since HATE disbanded Style. I know you prefered it that way but it won't go back so either accept that and move on or adapt to what the game is now and learn to enjoy it.

I've seen Neocron change beyond measure since I joined beta and although I've disagreed with some changes I've learnt to adapt and I still enjoy all aspects of the game.

If you don't like how it is now then you might want to consider who's actions it was that forced KK to make the changes you hate so much.

Lucjan
04-10-03, 14:34
Hmm...maybe it's just me, but I like that poll being as it is: with only once choice to make. Multiple choice I would choose half of them, but that way I really have to think what if most important to me. It was a close one between "bounty hunter system" and "freezers/paraspam".

*ph33r*
04-10-03, 14:35
Man I used to get PKed by HATE all the time, even if you think they were a bunch of immature arseholes I still think they added alot of action and tension on Saturn.

Anyway this shouldn't be a discussion about HATE now should it... back on topic I would like to see safe zones removed tbh since the anti-city factions will be shot by copbots anyway, and with the amount of new copbots that have been added it would take an army to do any major damage to the city. ;)

Style
04-10-03, 14:47
i made this thread into a thread for people to post what they would like to see for doy
and its turned into a throw eggs at the hate leader, do you think i actually care?
half the things people say about us is not even true, they are just the same bullshit rumours that went about, and i've anwser question about all this already

we put alot into this game ok, no other clan created the fear in retail as we did and when that fear was gone, who was their to hunt? did you all have fun not having any PK around to hunt

there was a difference back then between gang battle and OP battle, i no talk about pp battle either

the no safe slot created the fear most off all ok, the adrenaline rush you got for fighting for someones rarewas insane. no other game had this sort of adrenaline rush

and the best part of this game is gone

i still hang around because we been promised neptune

and vet, i read post about you while back starting pk clan, i have not seen your name anywhere yet. do people actually fear your clan?

no because it is impossible when people do not give a damn when they die, you fall asleep in the pvp now