PDA

View Full Version : Gamma bone NPC problem

Thundra
03-10-03, 14:46
ok is there anyone who knows how to solve this as im gettin anoyed at it.

when i came on yesterday at bout mid day on lunch i made a biotech noob to see what this new npc was about on a diff server.
it worked fine.

i come back after work and try it with all my TT members and the biotech noob on the other server and all i ever get is the black borders adn no text.

please no one say "but he only talks to u one at a time" as i knwo this and thats not the problem.

it activatest the speach but i get no text.

ive tried waitin, restarting game, zoning, diff servers, restarting the computer etc etc and it wont change (even iff im only one at the npc).

anyone got any ideas?

El Barto
03-10-03, 14:50
All I did when this happened to my character on pluto was just Alt+F4 out of Neocron, and then reload back onto it. But u said that you have restarted it so, I woul get some one else to see if they can do it, if so then it means that it is not broken, so you can either wait a long/short time (which ever it is) for it to start working, or get the stuff you need for it and give it to some one else that can get him to work to get it for you.

Rade
03-10-03, 15:02
Theres a bug with NPCs with complex conversation scripts. Its a old known bug, its been on test server for a long time. Some people just get a black border with these NPCs, it doesnt matter what they do, for some people it works just fine.

Darkborg
03-10-03, 15:39
I got it then i relogged and it worked fine.

Keyol45743241
03-10-03, 16:00
Maybe they did a "enemy faction prevention" in like they did with the TT ARS..... since some asshole screamed the secret out to the world which he found by a more than dubious source, they needed to act fast?

And by the way, why exactly should the biotech guy sell you something if the TT guys in the HQ won't sell TT enemies their ARS?

Rade
03-10-03, 16:08
The bug was there from square one, its the same bug thats
existed on test server forever. Some people can still get the
bones of him regardless of faction and sympathy, and some
people just cant. This bug can be caused by lag, but then it will
probably work later or if you relog. This bug can be caused by
something else, and then it doesnt matter what you do.

If reading is not your strong side (considering this has been '
discussed all over the forum all ready):

THE BUG WHERE YOU GET A BLACK BORDER INSTEAD OF A
CONVERSATION IS NOT A INTEDED FEATURE.

CONVERSATION IS BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE IS TALKING TO THE
NPC.

CONVERSATION IS NOT A CONSPIRACY.

CONVERSATION IS NOT CAUSED BY SYSTEM SHOCK H4XORING
YOU.

garyu69
03-10-03, 16:08
^
^Because Bio Tech need money.

TT don't :p

And the ARS is a prototype at present

Rade
03-10-03, 16:16
Oh I agree that biotech runners should be the only ones able to
get it in its current state. But alas.

enablerbr
03-10-03, 16:23
i had that black border no text bug after a server wipe dueing beta. funny enough it was at biotech HQ. i had just created a BT char tried doing missions. no matter what mission or npc i talked to i only got that bug. called a GM ( moonunit turned up ) said he got text, same as other players. told me to zone and relog. yet no effect. i gave up in the end and re-rolled PP. oh and what was strange was i could then see text doing the PP delivery missons to BT.

seconal
03-10-03, 18:02
i had this problem last night, for the life of me i could not get it to work, i zoned, relogged. try it several times. finally had someone do it for me. then somebody walk up and tells me to relog by using ALT + F4 and i did it and low and behold. it worked! i was able to get the bones myself the first time i tried talking to him.

try it, it may just work for you too.

SECONAL - saturn