PDA

View Full Version : New Rare Parts Spreadsheet

StryfeX
03-10-03, 08:51
I'm sure some of you know and love Yenky's rare spreadsheet, but I have found this to be a bit outdated, not to mention written in German...which I can't understand.

Soooo.... I decided to update and translate it. And now, after a couple night's hard work, I am done. The result: the Tech Parts Administrator v4.e. Here (http://home.comcast.net/~cydog2001/stuff/rarepartsv4e.xls) is the actual *.xls file and here (http://home.comcast.net/~cydog2001/stuff/rarepartsv4e.zip) is a *.zip I made of it to be kind to you icky modem people. :p

Now, on to the legal BS. I hate having to do it, but living in America makes it pretty much a requirement to keep my ass outta the frying pan, if it comes to that.

First off, I *am not* the original author of this spreadsheet. That honor belongs to Yenky (or maybe it was Smoker...meh). I merely updated it with some cosmetic changes as well as brought it inline with retail patch 189. And I translated it into English, too.

Secondly, although I am 95% certain that the spreadsheet won't crash or maim anything, if it does, I didn't do it and you agree not to hold me responsible.

Thirdly.... Eh, I'm too tired. Screw it.

Have fun.

--Stryfe

P.S. - This file is saved in Excel 2002, so I'm not sure if everyone will be able to read it. If people have problems, I might be able to save it into an older format.

Do you people think I should include the Terminator in this list?

El Barto
03-10-03, 12:45
I don't think you should incloud the terminator, considering its a run,but its up to you.

Morrow36
03-10-03, 13:17
terminator is a run, but after the run u still get a set of rare parts....

Sokaris
03-10-03, 14:47
hey i think it's great. I have my own version that had done a little while back. But I hadn't spent the time yet seperating into what they were and how many parts they needed.

Only difference with mine and this other than that was I had another page for lvl3 imps as well as special armor like viper king and my titan armors.

But this has saved me more time. I thank you. :D

StryfeX
03-10-03, 15:48
Originally posted by Sokaris
hey i think it's great. I have my own version that had done a little while back. But I hadn't spent the time yet seperating into what they were and how many parts they needed.

Only difference with mine and this other than that was I had another page for lvl3 imps as well as special armor like viper king and my titan armors.

But this has saved me more time. I thank you. :D Hmm... Having a page for level 3 imps/rare armors is not a bad idea at all... Maybe I can include something for drop-only weapons like the S.T.O.R.M. Laser Cannon, etc.

I think I will add the Terminator, but just add a note that it's aquired via a book/run system.

--Stryfe

StryfeX
03-10-03, 16:59
Well, it looks like Comcast's server is having some problems, so you may not be able to get the spreadsheet for the moment.

--Stryfe

Sokaris
03-10-03, 17:10
if you want when i get home tonight or on saturday I can sit down and revisit your page and add another in for that kind of stuff..

I don't know if i can tonight actually since it's the gf's birthday. However I will try and add as much as I can and see what I can change on it.

As well when i opened it this morning the melee in the rares seemed higher than the rest above the topics line. Might want to bring it down for the other people instead of them having to update it or change it themselves.

Adding the terminator the way you said as well is a nice idea.

Eledhbrant
03-10-03, 21:24
Much Appreciated :)

I will use this since I finally have a rarehunting char :D

kujikiri
03-10-03, 21:51
great spreadsheet thanks for posting it

Zokk
03-10-03, 21:58
Thanks, I was looking for something like this :D

SovKhan
03-10-03, 22:32
nice but it doesnt include a quick refrence for L,T,E parts it always seemed to be a nice addition to some of the other sheets.

StryfeX
03-10-03, 23:27
Originally posted by SovKhan
nice but it doesnt include a quick refrence for L,T,E parts it always seemed to be a nice addition to some of the other sheets. What do you mean by quick reference? The sheet will pop up a window saying what type of part a certain part comes from if you hold your mouse over it. I.e. - Hold your mouse over the count for Cores of the Vein Ripper and you'll see "Yenky: Low Tech" pop up.

If that's not it, please by all means show me something that does it and I'll try to integrate it into the next version (which I'm working on right now).

--Stryfe

What are the req's on the Terminator? I can't seem to find them.

Sokaris
04-10-03, 00:54
i'm thinking he just took one look at it and didn't realise that if he hovers a cursor over the part it shows you that..

give the man some credit there was some nice work put into this and it seems not a whole lot is missing

QuantumDelta
04-10-03, 00:56
Termi reqs are something like wyatt reqs....

StryfeX
04-10-03, 01:39
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Termi reqs are something like wyatt reqs.... Yeah, but since it's one TL lower, it could require either 108 R-C or 109 R-C. :\

--Stryfe

StryfeX
04-10-03, 01:41
Originally posted by Sokaris
i'm thinking he just took one look at it and didn't realise that if he hovers a cursor over the part it shows you that..

give the man some credit there was some nice work put into this and it seems not a whole lot is missing It's ok, man. He was giving constructive criticism and to be honest, that's what I'm looking for. I want to make this the best I can.

--Stryfe

Whoops... Double post.

[Edit 2] Does anyone concretely know the TL of the slotenhancers? I thought they were 70/85/100 for v0.9/v1.5/Illegal, but I'm thinking that they might be either 70/80/90 or 80/90/100. [/Edit 2]

SovKhan
04-10-03, 02:07
oh i just looked at it really quick didnt bother to hold mouse over any spacific part. sorry my fault.

StryfeX
04-10-03, 09:48
Could a mod close this thread? I'm going to start a new one.

--Stryfe

DonnyJepp
04-10-03, 10:34
I just print the thing, so there is no mouse-over.

StryfeX
04-10-03, 10:44
New version released, that thread is here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77710).

--Stryfe