PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic: HELP ME!

Drake6k
03-10-03, 06:58
Ok this has nothing to do with Neocron lol.
Mods: "Discuss about Neocron, other MMORPGs, movies, community issues and other off topic stuff."
Please dont close this :D

I got an internet problem... For some reason I can not load Google or Yahoo's Search pages. Normal Yahoo and every other site I go to works fine... just no search parts. I'm using internet explorer 6.0... also tried it on Mozilla and was told "connect was refused when attempting to connect to google".... :( this sucks!!! Windows is updated, nothings running in background, internet settings default, HELP ME!!! oh and other people on my network behind same router can use those sites fine... so it's my puter....

anyone? :(

ElfinLord
03-10-03, 07:16
Do you get an error message pop up? If so, what is it? Or does it just not allow you to access the site?

ElfinLord

Drake6k
03-10-03, 07:22
For mozilla it says that error I posted above in a pop up. Like it knows the site is there but I'm not allowed to view it. (I have nothing restricted though...) For Internet Explorer it just does the normal page cant be displayed page. Also I'm on windows XP.

ElfinLord
03-10-03, 08:03
Did you try to do a 'System Restore' to a previous day when you know it last worked? It might help.

I recently had a problem where my task manager would only show CPU usage and absolutely nothing else. I couldn't figure out what happened, so I did a system restore and it fixed it. Fortunately, I hadn't done anything to my system that I was worried about losing.

If you haven't already tried that, that is probably what I would do.

ElfinLord

athon
03-10-03, 09:55
Who's your ISP?

Athon Solo

Nidhogg
03-10-03, 12:14
Originally posted by Drake6k
Ok this has nothing to do with Neocron lol.
Mods: "Discuss about Neocron, other MMORPGs, movies, community issues and other off topic stuff."
Please dont close this :D Sorry I can't help you with your problem. I just wanted to say that this forum can be used to discuss any topics that interest the community as long as they don't break the forum rules. Spam/pointless topics are ones that do not offer the possibility for people to have a meaningful discussion. Thanks for stopping by. :)

N

Berzerker
03-10-03, 12:22
Hm thats odd. I never heard of this one before. Run a virus and anti adwere scan, just in case. I will have a poke around see what I can find.

Gotterdammerung
03-10-03, 12:25
Do a check for spyware. Use "ad-aware" and "spybot search & destroy". Both are available for free, I don't have the url's to their sites, but download.com should have them both.

\\Fényx//
03-10-03, 12:26
Have you restricted any java etc in your IE options ?

Shockwave
03-10-03, 12:34
Odd. If you could post a traceroute to the site it should show up any problems between you and the websites.

(NB. To perform a Traceroute, click Start, then Run, and type COMMAND (Win9x) or CMD (Win2k/XP) into the box, then click OK. At the DOS prompt, type TRACERT <website>, IE Tracert www.google.com. When it's done, copy and paste the results into a reply).

Shock.

Edit: Ad-Aware is available from here (http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/)

Archeus
03-10-03, 12:38
If you do post the results, hide the first IP address, unless you like people scanning your machine.

Berzerker
03-10-03, 12:41
Go here (http://www.ocularbox.com/tips/6.php)

It explains the problem you are having and how to fix it.

Archeus
03-10-03, 13:50
could be this as well.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/56/33187.html

L0KI
03-10-03, 13:55
Id suggest the VERY first thing u do....

In IE>

Tools>Internet Options>

-Clear cookies
-Clear temp net files (all offline content also)

>Security

-Internet - Medium

>Privacy

-Low

>Advanced

-Restore defaults.

It may have no effect, but its always a good start

Often the prob u r having is caused from the slightest thing. But then again i didnt read ur post thoroughly ;)

djskum
03-10-03, 13:59
Looks like your host files been nobbled. Run anti virus and spyware software.

DjSKum

Shockwave
03-10-03, 14:34
Originally posted by Archeus
If you do post the results, hide the first IP address, unless you like people scanning your machine.
Yeah, good point. Didn't think of that. Cheers Archeus. :)

Drake6k
03-10-03, 16:33
Originally posted by Berzerker
Go here (http://www.ocularbox.com/tips/6.php)

It explains the problem you are having and how to fix it.

THANK YOU!!! That was it, fixed my problem :D

ty everyone :)