PDA

View Full Version : Gamma Bone Dude WHY?

KimmyG
03-10-03, 04:59
OK why is this guy in a safe zone? Seriouly he should be in the anarchy zone like every other guy is PA guys are both sitting in an anarchy zone yet this guy is in the pussifed copbot saftey zone.

enablerbr
03-10-03, 05:01
lol did you not get to gank this one then.:p

KimmyG
03-10-03, 05:04
Yes I would like to see some danger and fighting over it.

enablerbr
03-10-03, 05:07
well if its a fight you want. just hang around till you see people b!tch that they can't talk to the npc. when i went past on pluto there was atleast 8 people standing round him.
though i did think the npc would be inside BT HQ not just inside it's front door.

KidWithStick
03-10-03, 05:21
nah...im pissed enough that even this NPC is bugged for me too...

ZoneVortex
03-10-03, 05:50
heh kimmy i was gonna gank him too this morning on pluto until i found out he was in a safezone =*(

Spy XX
03-10-03, 05:57
Originally posted by KidWithStick
nah...im pissed enough that even this NPC is bugged for me too...

if you mean the " i get no text bug":

just relog next to him and everything is fine.

KidWithStick
03-10-03, 06:03
Originally posted by Spy XX
if you mean the " i get no text bug":

just relog next to him and everything is fine.

tryed that like 7 times

SorkZmok
03-10-03, 06:45
Originally posted by KidWithStick
tryed that like 7 times

From what i've heard he simply doesnt work with ppl who are hostile to BT.

But i'm absolutely not sure if thats true.

ZoneVortex
03-10-03, 06:46
Originally posted by SorkZmok

Kid is ALLIED with BT :(

Dazist
03-10-03, 07:17
I'm tt and so I'm hostile to bt. Haven't tried actually building bones yet as tt but at least the guy talks to me and asks for different chemicals.

Spy XX
03-10-03, 07:50

well i'm TT and npc worked fine for me after i did relog next to him.

superfresh
03-10-03, 08:27
The time it takes to figure out what this guy wants would make putting him in anything other than a safe zone ridiculous. Trust me...

And I almost think it would be great if this were restricted to Biotechs. Next, give something worthwhile to Diamond, Tsunami, etc..The MOVEON isnt enough to compel people to join Biotech to stay. I can't imagine what its like to be in a faction where you don't know who is "really" in it or not...

csh1
03-10-03, 09:01
dont worry people, if you see kimmy g in a danger zone by himself he wont attack you! He only attacks 2 v1 or with a ppu!

Super Dude

Mantus
03-10-03, 09:28

I am Crahn, had no text the first time. Tried reloging but didnt work, then zoned, he worked after the zone.

Lecko
03-10-03, 09:32
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
heh kimmy i was gonna gank him too this morning on pluto until i found out he was in a safezone =*(

....and you wonder why this game is getting too "safe"....o_O

[TgR]KILLER
03-10-03, 09:46
the him working is a bug.. it din't work for me eighter.. then after an hour he suddenly worked.. i tryed relogging loads of times.. tryed zoning even back to Th then mb and then after 30 min back in NC and he still din't work.. finaly after a load of time just standing there and bitching he din't work he finaly worked..

IceStorm
03-10-03, 10:00
I've made three sets of gamma bones so far. The NPC blank box problem I fixed by logging out for 15 minutes. The not being clickable problem was just timing. I just kept clicking until he was usable. Right after finishing one bone, I'd click on him to do another. Usually I could get a couple bones finished before he was tied up again.

Shockwave
03-10-03, 10:26

Has it occured to anyone that this might be the exact reason he IS in a safezone? I would have thought the GMs were heartily sick of people killing new quest NPCs after respawning the Monk PA guy at Tawkeen for the umpteenth time, for no reason other than someone decided it would be funny to shoot him.

Honestly, I'm getting sick of this community. It's full of bored kiddies who think it's clever to hinder other peoples' games.

Shock.

ericdraven
03-10-03, 10:39
Originally posted by Shockwave
Has it occured to anyone that this might be the exact reason he IS in a safezone? I would have thought the GMs were heartily sick of people killing new quest NPCs after respawning the Monk PA guy at Tawkeen for the umpteenth time, for no reason other than someone decided it would be funny to shoot him.

Honestly, I'm getting sick of this community. It's full of bored kiddies who think it's clever to hinder other peoples' games.

Shock.
Exactly. Either idiots kill the NPCs or they camp the location and kill all runners on sight.
Luckily this can't happen here.

Vampire222
03-10-03, 10:48
76 mc5 parts.... sick dude...

jernau
03-10-03, 11:15

Shock.

What he said.

Bravo!!

greendonkeyuk
03-10-03, 14:44
Also did you all miss the stark staring obvious point that these new items ARE IMPLANTS.... and that the people who produce and sell implants are BIOTECH!!!!

do you guys have trouble seeing the wood for the trees?

VetteroX
03-10-03, 15:22
In CD, I remeber guarding the TT HQ with megaman and a few others when spy xray suit came out. Many, Many spies died that day, desperitly trying to get to the npc. One spy just kept spawning at TT GR and literaly tried to get in 15 times... he just wouldnt give up, lol. People got really pissed and threatened and threatened, "oh you bastard you will pay for this!"but nothing happened.

I think KK learned from this and now all npcs for pa etc will be in safe areas. I was planning on getting a few people and olding people off from the npc as long as we could, but oh well.

Its true what csh1 said though. Kimmy never fights without a ppu and never against a larger force then his own, so he woulda been pushed out in 30 seconds anyhow.

ZoneVortex
03-10-03, 16:06

Shock.

First off please don't make those biased, stereotypic, offensive, not to mention immature sugestions that anyone who is gonna "think it's clever to hinder other peoples' games." is a "kiddie". There are plenty of adults out there who would do it too, and plenty of elderly people, and some dead people maybe as well.

Secondly.....
It's called logic. Give the fucking NPCs a self-respawn!! DUH I don't see WHY no one thought of this? Uhhhh duh it's like the mos obvious fucking thing on the planet. Put it so that if an NPC dies, he respawns after 15 minutes. It's possibly the easiest script someone can make.

Now not trying to sound er...offensive....or something....but I don't see why all you carebears are playing this "Hardcore Cyberpunk Smoke this fuck-that kill-him" game where MJS himself said at one point that PVP is the basis of this game.

If you don't want me running around murdering your NPC from a role play point of view which might be that....I don't want Crahn arming themselves with this new power suit so I'm going to kill the dealer.....then go play the Sims.

KimmyG
03-10-03, 16:25
Originally posted by csh1
dont worry people, if you see kimmy g in a danger zone by himself he wont attack you! He only attacks 2 v1 or with a ppu!

Super Dude

I have smoked ur ass many times 1v1

I came with a PPU cause you attacked my PE with urslef 2 BD PE's and there were 2 crahn PPUs standing about buffing up. 5v1 on me 2v1 on u only thing is I didn't Die.

@vet oh vet me,rasp,shell vs you,speed12,minnie me 3v3 how many times did you kill me? were was the 40v2 skill there I booted ur ass out of pepper 2x u zone more than anyone. 1/2 that batle I wasn't even buffed ur lib should have smoked me but it didn't cause u dont bother aiming you run around holding down fire small tip this isn't CS you need to wait for the aim to lock.

Seriously though answer the question in the 3v3 how many times did you kill us? Were you not in the mood? Was I bugged for you? Whats the excuse your gonna use this time?

garyu69
03-10-03, 16:31
Me being stupid thought that he was inside BT HQ.

So i saw about 20 people outside and thought they were waiting to run in. So i ran in under stealth and was checking everywhere but no NPC.

It wasn't until someone in Clan told me he was outside that i then realised i shouldn't be there.

So i legged it out and never got hit =)

Shockwave
03-10-03, 17:05
First off please don't make those biased, stereotypic, offensive, not to mention immature sugestions that anyone who is gonna "think it's clever to hinder other peoples' games." is a "kiddie". There are plenty of adults out there who would do it too, and plenty of elderly people, and some dead people maybe as well.
Judging from the stickied "Post a pic of yourself" thread, and the assorted "how old are you?" threads, most of the people I would class as bored troublemakers ARE kiddies.

Secondly.....
It's called logic. Give the fucking NPCs a self-respawn!! DUH I don't see WHY no one thought of this? Uhhhh duh it's like the mos obvious fucking thing on the planet. Put it so that if an NPC dies, he respawns after 15 minutes. It's possibly the easiest script someone can make.
Well I'm not a programmer, and I have no experience of the game or scripting engines used by KK, so I can't say how easy it is to actually create a respawning NPC. What I can say is KK simply does not have enough manpower to fix every single bug, script, and mis-placed object overnight. They have to prioritise. What would you rather have fixed: the AntiGamma NPC script, or the "APU has appeared as an untargettable PE and I'm getting annihilated" bug?

Anyway, if it's so easy to do you could always help out by bashing out some code to do it and mailing it to the overstretched KK Dev team.

Now not trying to sound er...offensive....or something....but I don't see why all you carebears are playing this "Hardcore Cyberpunk Smoke this fuck-that kill-him" game where MJS himself said at one point that PVP is the basis of this game.

If you don't want me running around murdering your NPC from a role play point of view which might be that....I don't want Crahn arming themselves with this new power suit so I'm going to kill the dealer.....then go play the Sims.
I'm not going to respond to this, because it is headed into old arguements about justifiying bad behavoir by calling it roleplaying. Besides, there's only so much flame-bait I'm willing to respond to.

Shock.

VetteroX
04-10-03, 07:20
3vs3 my ass... you had 5... 2 ppus to our 1 aswell. you hid under the copbots legs like a pussy many times... hows that different from zoning? you also zoned into plaza 3... i zoned into sewer simply to get cops off me, and u can still kill someone in the sewer. Then your ppu left, I said fight me 1vs1. you ran. Wheres your excuse for that? Fact is, with bigger numbers, sure you will win. Im a better tank/PE then zoneseek is, and Smokeyj is a better apu then you are, 12eveil can beat zoneseeks tank and minime beats your ppu in skill... so even numbers, we will win.

And cause I know he will post... sure, I understand being out of practice, or not in the mood. but zoneseek challenged me, he lost. I wouldnt challenge if I wasnt in practice.

Anyway, the answer to you original post is hes outside because CD ruined the opening hours of the rad suit for a lot of people, fun for a few (including me) but im sure it pissed off 20X more people then it pleased... thats why hes outside.

And pking and all is fun... but can you please get some form of decentcy? was there any point to running around pushing people around the npc and spamming?

Ran
04-10-03, 08:14
Please keep all qualifying of '1337 skills' ingame.
Preferably with your guns instead of your mouths :cool:.

PS: I'm using qualifying as opposed to quantifying. If you don't know that definition, go learn a new meaning! Fun for the whole you.
www.dictionary.com

KimmyG
06-10-03, 04:53
Originally posted by VetteroX
3vs3 my ass... you had 5... 2 ppus to our 1 aswell. you hid under the copbots legs like a pussy many times... hows that different from zoning? you also zoned into plaza 3... i zoned into sewer simply to get cops off me, and u can still kill someone in the sewer. Then your ppu left, I said fight me 1vs1. you ran. Wheres your excuse for that? Fact is, with bigger numbers, sure you will win. Im a better tank/PE then zoneseek is, and Smokeyj is a better apu then you are, 12eveil can beat zoneseeks tank and minime beats your ppu in skill... so even numbers, we will win.

Hmmmm

1. Myself
2. Shell zones bro who has logged maybe 2-3 hours of pvp in the past few months
3.PPU
4. Help me out here what was this players name?
5. Help me out here what was this players name?

U better PE than zone on ur little fight u were 1-2 hits away from dead. To quote you "24 hp good fight" yet on the board he clauime total victory and stated u had 150 HP left.

Smokeyj better than me for sure he is the only decent player in ur little pack.

12evil is the worst tank I have ever seen and minime sucks to.

As for copbots it were u runners that pulled them into center and u were the ones running about in front of them with ur weps drawn good move there got ur as smoked.

So how many times did you kill us? Zero if I recall, if ur so much better than us as u claim u should have smoked us no contest yet the only runner to hit the floor was you. Oh wait we had 2 more than you. NO wait who were these ghost runners. ANyway those are the facts. Bottom line is you got an excuse everything situation u dont come on top of, 3v3 u didnt win it was cause it was 5v3 you win a 2v2 3v2 whatever it is a mind blowing 40v2 win or lose u change the story so u look better. So I dont even know why I wasted the time writing this anyone who knows you will know u talk with a mouth full of shit only people u impress is ur im the uber l33t shit BD crew and they dont matter. :lol:

Smugly
06-10-03, 09:04
What Shockwave said I feel was entirely correct. I'm here for my fun, not yours. Killing mission based NPC's serves no purpose but to anger those who are trying to latch onto what little content Neocron actually gets. You do not need to kill this NPC. You do not get anything for killing this NPC. And howabout the fact that this NPC is infact not a player? And thus the "Neocron is a PVP game" does not apply to it.

Richard Slade
06-10-03, 09:13
Is this thread seriously about how horrible it is to NOT be able
to gank a newly dropped npc ?!
Bet u love to kill monk pa NPC too huh
*hmpf*
Naw this is just too stupid

Reason to why it is this way? CUZ U KEEP KILLING 'EM
Who the HELL would like to be a npc and only get killed all the time
Just cuz ur mission in life is to help.
Damn nice of you
*Hmpf*

:mad:

KimmyG
06-10-03, 16:06
Originally posted by Smugly
What Shockwave said I feel was entirely correct. I'm here for my fun, not yours. Killing mission based NPC's serves no purpose but to anger those who are trying to latch onto what little content Neocron actually gets. You do not need to kill this NPC. You do not get anything for killing this NPC. And howabout the fact that this NPC is infact not a player? And thus the "Neocron is a PVP game" does not apply to it.

Make it insta spawn I dont care about killing some dum NPC I care about fighting players over it. Yea xry bones lots of fun nothing real fun here read forums for formula buy the shit then its break mouse button 2 clickathon now veryone has there bones pop em in get more xry resist. Yea loads of fun there.

dem0n
06-10-03, 16:40
Yea on pluto you always get 5 people standing next to him. I totaly agree that he should be near/inside BT HQ - that is where the research facilities are, they won't be in some backbone crumbling building in outzone, thats not where I would make gama bones for you disrespectful runners :). Also, it really takes a year for someone to read and note down what he needs to get, so atm while gamma bones are new, something like this is anticipated... you'll wait an hour for someone to stop talking to him... this should be no problem when the *cough* gamma bone rush *cough* cools down. So bare with this.