PDA

View Full Version : Leveling areas / Cycrow Problem

Eric Cobalt
02-10-03, 22:53
Fact is, there is no lvling area for one man lvling teams as Cycrow. U can kill Mobs 66/66 - 120/120 (sometimes there are mobs looking like humans, with different combat rangs /average rangs ;) ) , u got 2 gogus, grs, shops, hiding places for apus, everything u need. Llving at cycrow is like going on holiday. But Cycrow is on as good as every server (correct me if Im wrong) TG Area, with TG Guards and massive TG ppl presence.
Why isnt there any Lvling area equal to cycrow? Or did I missed something.. maybe there is one and I never saw it ;)

Im sure some Guys would be happy if I would retreat from Cycrow and lvl somewhere else.. so pls help me/them :rolleyes:

/EC

edit: sry for my suxxor english, its getting hard after leaving school 3 years ago :(

FuzzyDuck
02-10-03, 22:56
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - spam ]

SpinZip
02-10-03, 23:31
MC5? o.0

hinch
02-10-03, 23:52
think what he`s trying to say is cycrow zone is the perfect lvling zone it has everything you need in it to lvl and be lvling for hours.

BUT its a TG zone and as on most servers tg wont let city people in there even low lvl players.

now there is no city equivilent to cycrow you could argue millitary base? but no the mobs are mainly mid lvl mobs

you could argue one zone east of chester (cant remember code) but thats no good either as its flat and very open solo apu`s have a hardish time there and you need hack to loot what you kill.

somewhere in the simmons factory area i believe there should be a lvling area like cycrow for the city people.

this does bring up another issue though
city low lvlers arent allowed to crp to lvl yet tg complain and bitch like little toddlers if we wont let them in the aggie cellars.

Mantus
02-10-03, 23:59
As i have said before. What we need is a GR and a GoGu placed in the F_03 area of the Swamps. This would open up three excelent caves for public use and give anti TG runners a good alternative.

Eric Cobalt
03-10-03, 00:14
Originally posted by Mantus
As i have said before. What we need is a GR and a GoGu placed in the F_03 area of the Swamps. This would open up three excelent caves for public use and give anti TG runners a good alternative.

This would be a TG LvL area too.. Cycrow GRs are free for everyone, but it is too close to TG

greploco
03-10-03, 00:35
yes, cycrow can be a dangerous place because of this. it creates a lot of competition there. same thing for crp. (canyon reloading point)

my old chars are TG and it generally has not been a problem. except when starkes was around - he and his crowd staked out cycrow and killed everyone else.

Scikar
03-10-03, 00:41
Swamp Caves are still good, WBs are as good to hunt as doomies, if you want something harder there's always hoverbombers, and if you insist on fire mobs there are fire mobs all the way through the canyons.

It's getting really annoying seeing people who don't even look anywhere else bitch about CRP not being open to them. It's not even as if it was easy to level there earlier, with TGs patrolling it all the time killing city factioned runners anyway.

Jest
03-10-03, 00:56
Cycrow is definitely a TG area. When I was TG I never let any clanned TG enemies hunt there as far as I was able. Enemy factions who always whined that there was no where else to hunt got little sympathy from me.

But even so, I completely agree that there needs to be more hunting alternatives. There are plenty of other hunting areas, but they just need to be spread around more. Fire mobs are great in the entire northeast side of the map, and the graves is good at the north end. But what happened to the entire South/West of the map? Its practically worthless as far as anything but exploring goes. I mean, the Swamp Caves are decent, but the overland swamps suck at both the exp and the loot. It would be nice to have a little more balance and a few more hunting options.

KimmyG
03-10-03, 01:45
Hmmm standered neo problem people think the whole world for exping is j01 f12 there are lots more zone to lvl in some where u will never ever see another runner let alone a pk there all easy to solo.

Bored, tired of overpopulation, tired of PKs explore its a big world out there fire mobs spawn elsewhere plus there is lots more differn't things to lvl off of other than fire mobs.

Berzerker
03-10-03, 02:06
There are lots of levling area's out there. I really cannot understand this fixation with CRP.

enablerbr
03-10-03, 02:07
ahh i remember those early days lvling at CRP. well that was long ago now. back then TG OP owners and city folk had an understanding. we both tolerated each other as long as no one broke the rule of p!ss taking about OP's. infact only time i got ganked at CRP was by a certain clan. then again at the time that clan even killed its own TG'ers. :D
lets face it with all the OP p!ss taking that goes on these days. can you realy blame TG for not letting city folk lvl there, claned or unclaned.
also like some have said CRP isn't the only place in the canyons with fire mobs. ok so there really isn't a pro-city area like it. also hacking mobs isn't my thing thats for sure. though pro-city does have access to loads of other caves etc...

Futureman
03-10-03, 02:53
Nah, I've leveled anti-city and pro-city chars, and it has to be the easiest at TG and Cycrow. Not because of the firemobs, but because of the chaos caves. That honestly has to be one of the best places to level and there isn't really any comparison. Swamp caves are ok, but not as intense. Warbots are much harder to kill than Doomies. You can just sit in front of a Doomie with Inq 2 on and be fine, but a warbot is much tougher. And a hover is completely crazy. Having said that, the reason that Anti-city is easier is mainly because of the cooperation that goes on. If there was another place where runners got together and cooperated, then it would be different.

hinch
03-10-03, 04:01
just remind me where the non hackable mobs are that drop rares on the west side of the map?

oh tehre isnt any

we need a firemob zone on that site or some new swamp creatures that drop rares and ARENT poision

Heavyporker
03-10-03, 04:18
hinch... lookit at Point Red, Calida Village, and the steppes, and the area just a bit east of krupp. Don't forget the entire northeast.

And no, I don't want a gr in the area west of regants. That's the mutie hangout - they'd have destroyed any gr or depot that near to their home.

I want a vec depot at either tawkeen village or the old greycore outpost. that will suffice. If anyone got a long ways to go, they can gr to OZ station, jump into a vec, drive out. OR they can pop into TH, jump into a vec, and drive out.

Just that the mountains are hell around TH, so it'd be much better for all concerned to have a vec depot nearer to the void between Neocron City and the Military base.

Man... a public gr and vec depot around in H05 would just freaking rock.

Hayato
03-10-03, 08:29
why cant people explore the rest of the map??? i mean i know of at least 3 GREAT soloing spots that i never see anyone go to, but u know what im kinda glad u all stay at crp more mobs for me :D

solling
03-10-03, 08:35
ok eric CRP aint all that

go one zone east of blackhill its apu heaven its where i capped my psi(lore) tha spawn is soooooooo much better then cycrow or grants yes its kinda TG area but its not frquented by TG very much i know cuz i lvled teher a lot ( hardly do no more cuz im capped) so a ood place is one zone east of BH just only have a hl with ya to lvl as u will loose stuff if u die but for apus np if u only have 1 attack spell

Mantus
03-10-03, 08:54
I agree that there are ALLOT of places where one can solo. But only two really good places where one can team. The Canyon area and the Swamp Cave at D_06. There should be more.

Nexos
03-10-03, 11:36
the whole problem is that crp zone is quite unique on the whole map what comfort, leveling-speed and loot is concerned. there is no other zone in wihich you can level that fast, in which all the facilities are present you need to power-level. everything you need is just one step away.

it's just the same problem than the aggicellars for lowlevels. sure anti-nc lowlevel runner can level in the wastes, outzone, etc. but it takes you three time longer to gain the same exp.

so give pro-nc highlevels attravtive hunting areas around the city, and give anti-nc lowlevels attractive hunting areas in the wastes.

Berzerker
03-10-03, 12:15
Ok Crp is a very good place to level. No doubts there. I think as in every thing else though. You have to take the rough with the smooth. City factions have some advantages over non city. So really, It mostly balances out in the end.

Um TG guards are a problem? yur joking right?

hinch
03-10-03, 12:43
Originally posted by Heavyporker
hinch... lookit at Point Red, Calida Village, and the steppes, and the area just a bit east of krupp. Don't forget the entire northeast.

erm you nutts? theyre utter shite

try going to gaya mine a and observe a crazy spawn rate

Original monk
03-10-03, 12:56
if you allready capped 2 chars in the swampcaves, and i mean from O to 100 then it gets a bit boring, i solo a full swampcave on a half hour with a 47/43 apu monk :/ and if i go to crp fo a change i will get killed in the back while leveling by some kiddy's who like backstabbing people, mostly i die when i get stuck in synchronizing while going outside and accidentally there happen to be some TG-lamerz wondring aroun outside, so its like, go out ---> synching (black screen) ----> wack up dead at the other side with 8 TG's sexing you, now is it the TG that are lame or is it the game that is lame with all the bugs causing me to synch for about half an hour making me a fixed non moving non responding target :/

i dislike CRP in any way, except for XP (and maybe the new dungeonitem) there is nothing good about chaoscaves. Wont be the first time that i rezzurect and heal some TG in there who happen to call there friends later to happily gank me (when antibuffed in the back ffcourse, by ffcourse my good friend, and cause i wont post names, i do certainly know that the person in question knows how petetic he is) and afterwords directing : OMG get some skills.... What skills ? getting antibuffed in youre back then raped with about 8 apu's and 3 tanks isnt my idea off skill. But hey thats why i wont come in there anymore and if i come there again its only to kill every TG i see :)

trigger hurt
03-10-03, 13:06
IMO fair is fair.

First of all, pro-city factions have the easiest, most accessible 'newbie' leveling in the game. Just step out of your apartment and poof, leveling all around. A short walk, and you can get to 50/50 mobs, plenty big enough to lvl on as a newbie.

TG/FA are the toughest factions to start out in. You step out of the canyon sector and the mobs greatly outrank any newbie. That is fine by me and all the other TG I know. So, if we have to work to level up due to our surroundings, you should have to work to level up due to yours.

I can see where some of the argument comes from people saying that Cycrow should be open to all to allow everyone to lvl and hunt, but why should the best leveling grounds be handed to you on a silver platter?

I did some testing the other day to see if a char that drives can still be viable in PvP. Popped out two implants, popped in a veh2 and veh 3, lost some ATH points, but I could drive a hover and drove from Neocron to Tescom in 5 minutes. I think for that reason, cycrow should be closed off.

\\Fényx//
03-10-03, 13:14
Originally posted by trigger hurt
IMO fair is fair.

First of all, pro-city factions have the easiest, most accessible 'newbie' leveling in the game. Just step out of your apartment and poof, leveling all around. A short walk, and you can get to 50/50 mobs, plenty big enough to lvl on as a newbie.

TG/FA are the toughest factions to start out in. You step out of the canyon sector and the mobs greatly outrank any newbie. That is fine by me and all the other TG I know. So, if we have to work to level up due to our surroundings, you should have to work to level up due to yours.

I can see where some of the argument comes from people saying that Cycrow should be open to all to allow everyone to lvl and hunt, but why should the best leveling grounds be handed to you on a silver platter?

I did some testing the other day to see if a char that drives can still be viable in PvP. Popped out two implants, popped in a veh2 and veh 3, lost some ATH points, but I could drive a hover and drove from Neocron to Tescom in 5 minutes. I think for that reason, cycrow should be closed off.

I leveld up my Spy droner hell of alot quicker at the TG cavens on pluto than i leveld a TT droner spy on saturn mostly because TG's caves have alot of mob's in them, however mid level is hard at TG cause its 15/15 mobs to 66/66 outside o_O

Progenitor
03-10-03, 15:24
There needs to be more GOGOs out in the wasteland.

That is one of the nicest things about CRP, easy access to a GOGO that you know won't have a turret pointed at it. If there were free GOGOs at some of the better hunting areas, it would be great.

As a monk, if I am not at CRP hunting, I carry 30 boosters and 10 medkits that is my freeload. Anything else makes me start to run sluggish.

Having a gogo nearby means I can drop the medkits to 5 and the boosters to 15 and actually take some of the heavier loot back to the GOGO for storage and pick up more medkits and boosters when I need them.

There is nothing worse than running out of medkits or boosters while trying to take down a MoB

-p