PDA

View Full Version : A few ideas for improving points in Neocron - part 1

Heavyporker
02-10-03, 21:11
All righty. We all know there are huge issues looming over Neocron, but in the meantime, the small things can get fixed, and quite often, a few small things will build up more goodwill than one fixed large issue, at least, in the short-term.

I wanted to raise those:

- The beds in the level two and level three Via Rosso apartments do not work. And there's no bed in the Tech Haven starter apt. Not especially favorable to newbies, hmm?

- Terminals in Black Dragon Headquarters do not work (and the desk chairs that sit in front of said terminals cannot be sat in)

- Desk chairs in NExT clan apt (and similiar clan apts), the level two Plaza apt cannot be targeted, and thus, sat in.

- The Outzone subway station, when you come in the inbound subway cab and jump out into the middle way, needs a bench on the wall (under the OZ Station sign).

- The cityterm in the Pepper Park (near the back of the station) is too hard for most people to find without a nav-ray. How about moving it (and putting up perhaps 2 to 5 more) to the columns - on the side that is lighted by the central walkway.

- The Outzone Mall Complex - spectacular as it is, desperately needs work. A bit more lighting would go a long way (especially where the ramps are - very hard to find, and the third level has no lights at all). "handwritten" signs pointing out what each shop sells would rock. And seating is desperately needed - plenty of wooden chairs liberally applied would suit the place nicely.

Oh, and KK, you need to make more of a distinction between the Yo's and OZ Mall complex vendors. Right now, they're too similiar to be of much import to anyone, so, realistically, the OZ Mall complex should become geared towards being a gathering place for players (ESPECIALLY important once copbots KOS anti-city). Hey - putting in a Crytons would suffice, especially one that sells chemicals OR item parts. Hell, an ASG would light the place up!

Put it simply - more lights strategically placed and a liberal application of many, many wooden chairs in the OZ Mall Complex.

Thank you for your consideration.

Judge
02-10-03, 22:12
I agree, but as long as KK sort out the massively show stopping bugs like the no player skin bug.

Its the little things that make a difference in terms of Roleplaying and content.

Cryotchekk
02-10-03, 22:12
theres a mall in the outzone? do u mean that shitty dark underground ish bit in oz 2 that has like fuck all good shops or the shit bit near oz station?

Seezur001
02-10-03, 22:47
voted option one, these kind of things are not hard to fix, why most of them already arent fixed confuses me

Heavyporker
03-10-03, 00:05
I'm talking about the one in OZ1 and is hooked up to the Outzone subway, so you have two ways into it. It has three levels, and you can see the japanese coca-colaish sign in it.

Mainly has Yo-imitator vendors in there. I swear I saw LoM pills for much lower prices, but then, I might have gone in with a barter character, I dunno. Still, the Yo-imitators was why I said make the OZ Mall Complex vendors more distinct from the Yo's Complex in the OZ Station, because they're only like 1 1/2 minutes apart at a WALK, not even a full run!

I was writing things down that irritated or offended me (yes, inconsistencies in Neocron will do that)

I'm happy the poll's 100%" fix it now" :D

I really should get around to part 2... I got loads more, but the notes are scattered all over.