PDA

View Full Version : The little things that kill me literally

CryptoChronic
02-10-03, 20:39
If i am going to quit this game... it will be because as a ppu.... timing is everything... and the one thing that always gets me killed is when spells dont switch when i press the number... then if i press the number again it switched to the spell then closes the spell..... happens to me every fight... fix this fucking game ffs

Mingerroo
02-10-03, 20:41
Originally posted by CryptoChronic
fix this fucking game ffs

This line made me laugh. But I agree to an extent, this game really is dying. The time is ticking before FoMK takes the title Neocron was initially aiming for. :(

Nexxy
02-10-03, 20:44
and when they do switch you try to cast em but they wont cast....thats annoying too

CryptoChronic
02-10-03, 20:46
yea that pisses me off too... theres just so many tiny problems that are really killing the game.... hmm or maybe its just another one of their ppu 'secret' nerfes :rolleyes:

alig
02-10-03, 20:48
cough* final fantasy XI will r0x0r........

Yeah that bug sux, the one where u cant cast the spell if u pull it out to quick and left click.....it takes the ammount of time it would normally take for the spell to cast in the first place before u can cast it again....soooo....if u do that on a holy cath sanc, u gotta wait like 20 seconds before u can recast it:mad:

ghandisfury
02-10-03, 20:50
I like it when you cast, and it doesn't......then you recast.....and it doesn't take. So you relog, and all buffs are up, but 10 seconds later they run. Even better is when you're debuffed, and you get the "won't cast" bug....you die, and get the inevitable "OMG OMG OWNED JOOO KOS OWNED" *yawn*

CryptoChronic
02-10-03, 20:51
Originally posted by ghandisfury
I like it when you cast, and it doesn't......then you recast.....and it doesn't take. So you relog, and all buffs are up, but 10 seconds later they run. Even better is when you're debuffed, and you get the "won't cast" bug....you die, and get the inevitable "OMG OMG OWNED JOOO KOS OWNED" *yawn*

thats what just happened to me it really pisses me off

Mantus
02-10-03, 20:53
CC is definatly one of those people that dont like to die, EVER. You should hear him when he does, he will swear at every one and hint at killing their families :D

The spells not switching is quite obviously, lag. Got the same stuff in Counter Strike when changing guns, if i was on a laggy server or my ISP was acting up.

CryptoChronic
02-10-03, 20:56
its not necesarily due to lag.... sometimes it might.. but they could avoid this by WRITING SOME NETCODE THAT ISNT COMPLETE N00BISH SHITE

RuButt
02-10-03, 21:00
yeah, ive died to many times because of the good 'ol cant switch spell bug.... =/

Archeus
02-10-03, 21:00
your problem isn't the netcode. It's your framerate.

I posted about this before. (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74537)

Basically any PPU with a really crap computer will own in combat. While those with a good spec machine will have to put up with what you are suffering with.

CryptoChronic
02-10-03, 21:02
win xp
amd athlon xp 1800+ 1.63 ghz
geforce 4 ti 4200 128meg
asus a7v333 mobo
1 gig pc 2700 ddr ram

Mantus
02-10-03, 21:07
My sytem is almost exactly the same accept i have a P4 2.4 gig, and 512 PC 400 RAM.

I get 6-15 FPS around OP's in a fight. Its a rather poor engine. :/

Alex The Great
02-10-03, 21:15
In Big Fights Sometimes My guns Will not reload and i have ammo and shit...pisses me off to no end.

Nexxy
02-10-03, 21:17
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

Kenjuten
02-10-03, 21:22
On the upside, it seems the PPU isn't as godlike as people make them out to be.

Whether you're gonna pin this one on the irony of new computers is your prospect.

DonnyJepp
02-10-03, 22:08
Originally posted by Archeus
your problem isn't the netcode. It's your framerate.

I posted about this before. (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74537)

Basically any PPU with a really crap computer will own in combat. While those with a good spec machine will have to put up with what you are suffering with.

My system is top-of-the-line, my framerate shines. It's not the PC causing the problem.

I agree with the thread starter. At least a third of my PPU spells miscast or don't equip when needed.

IT'S TEH LAG FFS FIX IT!

Archeus
02-10-03, 22:14
Originally posted by DonnyJepp
My system is top-of-the-line, my framerate shines. It's not the PC causing the problem.

I explain it in the other post.

I also have a top of the line PC and it does all those problems.

However the laptop which has a crappy framerate (everything else is fine) never miscasts and ROF is faster.

Or it could be something to do with the Shared Memory Graphics card on the laptop? Either way the results were reproducible. I would guess it would be the same for firearms, as vehicles also move faster with the insanely low FPS.

Mingerroo
02-10-03, 22:15
Donny didn't you read? He said GOOD SYSTEMS HAVE THE PROBLEM, CRAP SYSTEMS DONT. Open your eyes :p

DonnyJepp
02-10-03, 22:39
Roger that, I reread it after posting the quote.

How counterintuitive. crappy system, good play. good system, crappy play.

Shadow Dancer
02-10-03, 22:50
Same thing happens to me crypto. I have HL, switch to holy antibuff and press the fire button but my stupid thing is stuck on HL still. Then I move around because he's not firing anything, then 2 seconds later he tries to cast the antibuff spell and fizzles and I lost 268 mana. :rolleyes:

CryptoChronic
02-10-03, 23:18
ill give this game one more month then im moving on

Ren
02-10-03, 23:47
uncalled for, sorry

Vampire222
02-10-03, 23:59
igot this a buncha times too... if you have this, reset your modem/router/whatever , shud clear it up for a while

Berzerker
03-10-03, 01:34
Originally posted by CryptoChronic
If i am going to quit this game... it will be because as a ppu.... timing is everything... and the one thing that always gets me killed is when spells dont switch when i press the number... then if i press the number again it switched to the spell then closes the spell..... happens to me every fight... fix this fucking game ffs

Welcome to lag death. Part of online gaming. Now go cry somewhere else.

Logan Tyrus
03-10-03, 01:40
sharp objects
high speed objects
extreme heat/cold
diseases
genetic flaws
hunger/gluttony
thirst/drowing
falling (see high speed objects, ground)

there may be more but they escape me atm...

Birkoff
03-10-03, 01:47
Originally posted by ghandisfury

lol funy shit, i relogged to look at the forums from dying due to the wont cast bug.. i ast shelter liek 4 times in a row and it jsut didnt work.. and i didnt alt tab at all. Sucks FIX IT!

CryptoChronic
03-10-03, 01:48
Originally posted by Berzerker
[ edited ]

Welcome to lag death. Part of online gaming. Now go cry somewhere else.

Birkoff
03-10-03, 01:56
Originally posted by Alex The Great
In Big Fights Sometimes My guns Will not reload and i have ammo and shit...pisses me off to no end.

Know that feeling as well + u have ammo loaded and press shoopt but what evr u do until u change weapon and change back it dont shoot

Berzerker
03-10-03, 01:57
Personally I think yur just pissed, becouse now, with new weapons and stuff. your no longer an almost an invinsible character.

It is lag. Do every body, including yur clan a favour an quit now. Cus it won't be fixed. [ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

Birkoff
03-10-03, 02:24
Personally I think yur just pissed, becouse now, with new weapons and stuff. your no longer an almost an invinsible character.

It is lag. Do every body, including yur clan a favour an quit now. Cus it won't be fixed. [ edited ]

rofl... that was changed ages ago and i dfon't think u saw n e 1 in dark complaining that they didnt need NERFing..... WHy would that do us a favour? :)

Its a bug [ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ].... if u cast a spell its supposedto work :)

CryptoChronic
03-10-03, 03:35
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - responding to a flame ] ya im uber n00b i been playin since beginning of beta 4 and have a 78/72 ppu ya i uber n00b .... get out of my thread if all ur gonna do it flame for no reason.... get a life

Berzerker
03-10-03, 04:00
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - trolling ]

CryptoChronic
03-10-03, 04:05
[ edited ]

um... right... is that a compliment?

LVirus
03-10-03, 07:51
I have uber machine (Op fight with 20 ppl , FPS 20-30) and yet my PPU hardly ever fails to cash. Trick is to know system and work with system. You need to adobt KK's "uber-machine-nerf" .. and beside, whats your psi use? I have only 175 with imps thus my RoF is very bad at spells anyway :D

GurTjaN
03-10-03, 10:13
its not only in pvp while hunting in a team it can be very irritating too we wer out with 5 ppl and two ** ppu's who had antpoissanctum so we weren inshaman nroom ganking some of those flappers and the shaman i just killed then suddenly ppu's start screaming ANTIPOIS WONT CAST OMG...

and in the next 3 seconds i seed dead people everywhere around me all 4 monks dead im lucky i could escapebut i had to hold onto 10 poison stacks with medkits... :S

not very nice lol its cool when theyre complete chaos without anti pois :P

but still very irritating takes another 15 mins to get the whole team together...

so i dont know what the prob is so i leave it to KK (good luck :D)

//GurT

JustIn_Case
03-10-03, 11:49
Its not all about lag, lag might be a part of it.

Some spells seems to be stuck, this happens to my spy as well.

1.I cast deflector. (works fine)
2.I cast basic resist (nothing happens except manaloss)
3.I cast basic resist (nothing happens except manaloss)
4.I cast basic resist (nothing happens except manaloss)
5.I give up and cast rifle boost (works fine)
6.I cast basic resist (nothing happens except manaloss)
7.I cast deflector (works fine)
8.I cast basic resist (finally it works)

The problem with spells not switching is probably all about lag though, and you cant trust the ping stat to 100%

(all figures below are examples)

Sometimes the ping displays 85, and it is glued to 85 until it displays 2500 something because of a lag spike. And that is logical, the client didnt get any response from server and cant calculate a new ping value until 2.5 seconds later when the response returns.

But i also noticed that it displayes 85, is glued to 85 and i know it is a lag spike since i cant do shit. Then it seems like it resends the ping request, gets an response and displays 95 and the lag spike of 999999 is never displayed.

So you might have an lag spike that you dont know about.

Nidhogg
03-10-03, 12:02
There have been far too many edits on this thread so far. Please keep the flames out from now on.

N

\\Fényx//
03-10-03, 12:08
hahaha I just laughed while reading this thread, problem is i was on the phone to a customer at the time and he thought i was laughing at him 8| he wasnt too impressed....

My APU gets this bug alot... it's also funny how my APU uses a lower TL spell that's like 105 ROF and uses about 17 psi power per shot, I have around 280 psi power atm, and yet after 5 ot 6 shots im outta power o_O !!!! what happened to the rest of the pool.....?

El Barto
03-10-03, 12:28
I get that some times with my Gen-Tank, some one shoots you and you can't pull your CS out, pisses me off, but I don't get it that much, very rare for me.

El_MUERkO
03-10-03, 12:42
Crypto before you go can I have my titan armour back :)

CryptoChronic
03-10-03, 13:35
Originally posted by LVirus
I have uber machine (Op fight with 20 ppl , FPS 20-30) and yet my PPU hardly ever fails to cash. Trick is to know system and work with system. You need to adobt KK's "uber-machine-nerf" .. and beside, whats your psi use? I have only 175 with imps thus my RoF is very bad at spells anyway :D

i cap RoF on all PPU spells so my RoF isnt the problem... its the games shitty coding

•Super|\|ova•
03-10-03, 13:41
Those bugs really suck. Sometimes when Im dueling and I'd need to change the clip for my CS but I cant. At that point I must change gun and then back to my CS and then it works. I for one wouldnt want to see CC leaving, though I understand him. In fact I have about 2months time for my 2 chars and if the game isnt more than a bit better then I will definitely quit for good.

But I think the biggest screw up in this game is the community. 90% of the players make it impossible to RP this game. And dont start that "LOLOL FUCKIN CAREBEAR!!11 THIS IS FPS-GAME!!!11", this IS a god damn RPG, period. That is the only truth here.

If people would change to a faction that they belong to it would be a good start since there are alot of players that are in faction A and kill faction B members who are allied to them. And they even kill their own faction.

Just to preach more, see my comments there --> Click here! (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77446)

CryptoChronic
03-10-03, 13:45
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•

But I think the biggest screw up in this game is the community. 90% of the players make it impossible to RP this game. And dont start that "LOLOL FUCKIN CAREBEAR!!11 THIS IS FPS-GAME!!!11", this IS a god damn RPG, period. That is the only truth here.

Just to preach more, see my comments there --> Click here! (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77446)

thats true... also true for many other mmorpgs... i think that if we doubled the population of this game(should be more than doubled) that it would somewhat make it a little better because then you will get more people of all types, people who roleplay... and people who are assholes.... well then again.. we are back at square one

Candaman
03-10-03, 13:58
Its a good point but its not a just a bug aimed at u all get it so its as much of a disadvantage for one as it is for another.

so basically i think i'm trying to say.

DON'T QUIT

also stay away from the lysol ;)

Berzerker
03-10-03, 14:02
Very true CC most peaple on Pluto who are shooting at Dark even though they are alled faction. Is becouse of one total fuckwit. I wonder who that is.

•Super|\|ova•
03-10-03, 14:11
Very true CC most peaple on Pluto who are shooting at Dark even though they are alled faction. Is becouse of one total fuckwit. I wonder who that is.

Look who's talking now :rolleyes: and stop that flaming.

And one more thing, if someone in allied clan makes you pissed off by doing some thing then why do you immediately have to start a war? People should use their brains a bit more. In that kind of situation you should drag the topic into politics and make the leaders of the clan have a talk and see what are the consiquences.

Imagine if a british guy says "What ever..." (or even kills) to american guy and US declares a war upon UK because of that. That kind of act is more appropriate for a caveman. Pretty retarded, isn't it?

CryptoChronic
03-10-03, 14:27
ok berzerker i understand that you dont like me.... now please... leave my thread and dont let the door hit you on your fat ass

PS: STOP THINKING YOU KNOW EVERYTHING BECAUSE YOU DONT

Candaman
03-10-03, 14:35
its okay CC if people want to show their maturity and age on the forums then i think what they say paints a pretty good picture of them

CryptoChronic
03-10-03, 14:39
owned

time for some more lysol :D

Berzerker
03-10-03, 14:39
Hey Legion ain't saints. An thats the truth. On the other hand most of our allied Factions, ain't actually shooting at us .

CryptoChronic
03-10-03, 14:40
yea right ahhahhahah.. your just as bad as us legion... oh and also... nice try ninja hacking rockshore wit ur 4 person legionnaires clan.... pretty pathetic.... were was FF when we took it back huh?

pretty funny how your FF's bitch

\\Fényx//
03-10-03, 14:44
Hey Legion ain't saints. An thats the truth. On the other hand most of our allied Factions, ain't actually shooting at us .

Everyone's allied/neutral to Legion inn one way or another you tart... Half of the clan's TG and the other halfs CA o_O!

Berzerker
03-10-03, 14:44
Yeh I heard our four guys held your four guys off for over an hour. Some Ninja hack.

•Super|\|ova•
03-10-03, 14:45

Maybe some people just don't want to lose their SL and respect in the eyes of their faction.

Berzerker
03-10-03, 14:48
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
Maybe some people just don't want to lose their SL and respect in the eyes of their faction.

With most peaple shooting at Dark. I don't think anyone is much to bothered about SL and fation loyalties. Sort of puts that theary in the shiiter.

•Super|\|ova•
03-10-03, 14:52
With most peaple shooting at Dark. I don't think anyone is much to bothered about SL and fation loyalties. Sort of puts that theary in the shiiter.

What are you talking about? I think you mixed up something here. You said most of your allies dont shoot you (as obvious that doesnt include DarK referring to your previous posts) and I said why most of your allies (as obvious that doesnt include DarK referring to your previous posts) doesnt do that. Now how my theory actually doesnt work now?

CryptoChronic
03-10-03, 15:25
Yeh I heard our four guys held your four guys off for over an hour. Some Ninja hack.

lmao... another example of how you think you knwo everything

PS: why would allies shoot you? if they were shooting you, they aint allies

Nexxy
03-10-03, 15:31
OMGOMGOMGOMG MY DICK IS SO BIGGER THAN YOURS
NA AH
YA HAH
NA AH
YA HAH
NA AH
YAH HAH
OGMOMOGMGOMGOMOMG

Does it matter who shoots who?

O_o

CryptoChronic
03-10-03, 15:39
i know right..... its our business who we want to shoot so bud out and deal with it... we are proud of it

Vampire222
03-10-03, 15:45
ahh you guys make ff cry!

CryptoChronic
03-10-03, 15:59
ahahahhaah ff... well thats a whole nother story... ah well im leavin my comp class to real school.. :( sucks.... be back in 5 hours :/

Nidhogg
03-10-03, 17:16
I warned you all about the flames. Thread closed.

N