PDA

View Full Version : Who's Responsible?

Viduus[JBX]
02-10-03, 18:49
A person goes to a CST for modding of multiple items.
Return trade - there's an item missing.
Somehow, it got "lost" - the CST doesn't have it, and it was never returned.

So who should cover the cost of the item lost + the modpart + the gel + the tip?

Leaving out names (and I won't send to anyone no matter how much you ask), this happened to me, and the CST offered me 1/4 of the cost of what was lost.

It was merely a 40k cost, but what would happen if it had been, say, a 4-slot spell that I had to spend 150k in multiple attempts to get built?

Have fun with the poll....

CarniFlex
02-10-03, 18:54
part of the game. so just suck it all up the hard way... ouchie :p

Besides maybe he was just roleplaying a greedy constructor, who knows, who cares (well except for you and your clan who wont be using this guy again)...

Wannabe
02-10-03, 18:55
Ever tried relogging? Most of the times it fixes the inventory bug. Like using your neato Libby as a helmet etc.

Voted 'BITE ME' 'cause, well, these things happen. And if you trust a cst to mod our weapons, just put 30 pts in to cst and you can do the modding yourself. Modding doesn't use any grease btw.

// Wannabe

JackScratch
02-10-03, 19:11
A better question still, who should absorb the cost of a banrupt KK for produceing substandard products? Hmmm. I think if problems like these dont start getting solved it will all be a moot point who covers the cost of a non existant item in a non existant game.

•Super|\|ova•
02-10-03, 19:24
Tough luck. Once I was trading a CS part for my SS chip part and the CS part turned into a SF part in the middle of our trade. I contaced KK but they said they wont make it up to me since I can't prove it true. Just a bit weird since it wasn't my fault. But these things have been talked over and over for millions of times on these forums.

QuantumDelta
02-10-03, 19:34
CSTers you can trust buddy...only them....

Viduus[JBX]
02-10-03, 19:44
Yeah, relog was tried...

I lost a m8's pistol to a bug too, it's never re-appeared.
Of course, I felt bad, so I gave him what it was worth. (bought it)

Of course KK can't give ppl what disappears due to bugs, as said it can't be proven so if they did, all anyone would have to do would be to mail a mod & get free stuff. Don't blame them for that.

I know & understand what happened, & I'm not upset with the CST - but I know for a fact (cause I was here) that most of these bugs were here in beta - and the devs swore to us at the end of beta that they would be fixed either before release or shortly thereafter.

Anywho, the game itself is good enough we tend to overlook the bugs *good thing for KK :p*; I was just curious for public opinion.

Q`alooaith
02-10-03, 19:47
these bug's tend to be harder to track down..

Maybe you missed the trade window and it flew over the zone, if you where in plasa 1 then it'd not have lasted long... unless it was a wyatt part...;)

You should abosrb the cost yourself, Conster's have a hard time with the cash flow, tool's cost much, and not everyone has the magic ress/con/brt setup with their char's..

superfresh
02-10-03, 20:21
If it's a glitch, relogging should fix it. If not, it's neither yours nor the Constructors fault. Maybe KK owes you, but I think everyone plays with the understanding that there are glitches, and we all continue in spite of them.

If the CST goofed and missed the trade window, the mannerly thing to do would be to compensate you.

If the CST stole it, well, no one "owes" anyone anything really. Players are allowed to be evil in NC. If anything you owe him a little whoopass.

I voted "bite me", which I assume means "none of the above." ;)

jernau
02-10-03, 20:49
Neither customer nor constructor is "responsible" for a bug.

Personally - as a CST I would cover the cost in full as a matter of honour unless I had good reason to think it was a con by the client.

As a client I would not expect or demand the same in return.

As has been said though - relogging fixes it 99% of the time. Remember to check for items you didn't have before. If your "gun" turned into a helmet then you gave the CST the helmet your gun may be in a cab/gogu/yos.

Ren
02-10-03, 21:35
Originally posted by JackScratch
A better question still, who should absorb the cost of a banrupt KK for produceing substandard products?.

Hmmm i'm going to try not to flame here, but your facts are way off.
KK financially dont have any problems, players joining and going have kept kk at a good lvl of income, just because ur unhappy doesnt mean you shouldnt seek proof about claims.

2)

Neocron is not a substandard product, your incrediable baised. If you dont like the ways things are done, goto another MMORPG..... say DAoC.....no its not FPS.........
Planetside........no its not got a story..............

if you want to play, dont insult. It helps nobody.

Legoias
02-10-03, 23:33
If he was offering you money for the lost item then he probably took it. When I play my constructor and loose something to a bug (only happened with small parts before) I would refuse to refund for it because it wasn't my fault.

Shakari
03-10-03, 00:04
Originally posted by Legoias
If he was offering you money for the lost item then he probably took it. When I play my constructor and loose something to a bug (only happened with small parts before) I would refuse to refund for it because it wasn't my fault.

ouch how cynical :/

i have not had this yet but i hope to hell it don't happen when i am modding a 5 slot lib or CS (I have done a fair few and had nice 50K tips for doing so :D ) that would really shit me up lol :eek: :p

it depends on the value and how much cash i had and the person i am dealing with really, as my cst is not rich by any means any refund would be limited :/

Viduus[JBX]
03-10-03, 00:13
Originally posted by Shakari
ouch how cynical :/

i have not had this yet but i hope to hell it don't happen when i am modding a 5 slot lib or CS (I have done a fair few and had nice 50K tips for doing so :D ) that would really shit me up lol :eek: :p

it depends on the value and how much cash i had and the person i am dealing with really, as my cst is not rich by any means any refund would be limited :/

^ both sides of the coin....

JackScratch
03-10-03, 07:13
Yeah Ren, I guess you are right. I mean if it's OK for Microsoft to release buggy beta crap, why shouldnt everyone else. Hell I think Ill start crapping in boxes and selling it as software, should be huge. When people complain Ill just tell them that itll be fixed in the next version. Tell me ren, is this the world now, your not allowed to complain about an inferior product? Sure, hell, its all about marketing anyway, you dont actualy have to have something to sell.