PDA

View Full Version : Apartment Contents

MAJOR
02-10-03, 16:55
I have a Researcher on one of my character slots he has all my rare tech parts in a lv 3 Plaza apartment ( over 150), I want to delete this character out of boredom and create a new one, Is it possible just to give the apartment key to another character and the rares will remain safe and sound or will the disappear if the key is de-activated and re-activated for another character?
Any suggestions?

MAJOR

{MD}GeistDamnit
02-10-03, 17:03
NO

give all rares to me I'll hold em down for u. dont give the key to anyone, it will dissapear when u delete. PM me here on forums when u go in game I log Golbez or Raoh.

DartVader
02-10-03, 17:03
Just do the following:

- give the Key to another runner
- let him activate the key
- wait until he's able to open the cabinets (took a few minutes...)

then you're safe to delete your char

AxeMan
02-10-03, 17:11
there have been many threads asking this. the official line is that if you delete the character that originally activated the key then the app. will also be deleted (with everything in it).

but this has not (yet ?) been implemented. a number of people have done as suggested (transfer appartment, then transfer back to your new character) and have not lost the appartment.

i have done this with one of my appartments but i dont use that one now for anything important (and deffinately not for tech parts) just in case kk decide to do a clear-out of deleted characters appartments and i lose it.

Nexxy
02-10-03, 17:13
ive done it loads of times it works. Just give it to a friend make sure he activates it then reroll. It might take a while for the apt to work properly again but it will.

MAJOR
02-10-03, 17:13
2 Contradicting methods there , but geist ur's seems the safer.
Will be on late tonight after work 12am GMT

MAJ

Nexxy>>. Turtle's pwn .. Donatello was easily the best!
like it ;)

{MD}GeistDamnit
02-10-03, 17:17
damnit couldent u say 7pm ny time :p

see u then buddy.

greploco
03-10-03, 05:04
wasnt there a warning thread saying that apartments were somehow bound to the char the first activated it -- such that if that char was deleted the apartment would be as well regardless if the apartment had been transferred?

I seem to remember that thread, it was posted by mods/devs too.

can anyone tell me I'm wrong here?

Mankind
03-10-03, 06:10
Maybe this method people are using has something to do with people losing apartment cabinets...just a thought but probably not the reason :)

ZoneVortex
03-10-03, 06:22
i've done it a million times.....

just give the key to someone else. have them activate it TWICE so it's their apt now. reroll, get the key back, activate it twice so it's yours once again.

El Barto
03-10-03, 15:06
Originally posted by DartVader
Just do the following:

- give the Key to another runner
- let him activate the key
- wait until he's able to open the cabinets (took a few minutes...)

then you're safe to delete your char

Just add on to that for him to give you the key back and you to activate it. Also if I was you I am not sure if I would trust the game to keep all the appartments contents in there, I would give it all to one or more people to hold, then get one of them to activate the key, delete/rerole the charater and reactivate teh key, then stat putting the rares back.