PDA

View Full Version : Doy

tomparadox
02-10-03, 16:44
ok why do you need to find a publisher befor it comes out the store down the street from me has sold over 100 copys of the game.. and i know ppl that are wuiting NC because they think DOY is a hoax to keep ppl playing so when is it comeing out? if your waiting for desember i think youll lose more ppl than your publisher can get back.

\\Fényx//
02-10-03, 16:57
Originally posted by tomparadox
ok why do you need to find a publisher befor it comes out the store down the street from me has sold over 100 copys of the game.. and i know ppl that are wuiting NC because they think DOY is a hoax to keep ppl playing so when is it comeing out? if your waiting for desember i think youll lose more ppl than your publisher can get back.

and for those people out there who love punctuation this is what he missed

...........,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, o_O

tom, they need a publisher so that they can advertise the game
so they can release the game in stores
so they can get decent magazine coverage of the game etc
so they can get more players into the game because of all of the above.

Basically put the release of DoY is KK's last chance to make this game succesfull, with like 500-700 people on a server etc.....

Judge
02-10-03, 16:59
Indeed fenyx.

A good publisher can bring a game back from the brink of death, I don't think that Neocron is quite there yet but we certainly do need a new publisher.

They are looking at DoY as the rerelease of neocron.

Phiberdelic
02-10-03, 17:01
It seems to me that they would have found a decent publisher by now, however they probably have an outstanding contract with CDV and are unable to launch with the new publisher without a breech of contract and the possibility of legal actions against them. Dunno. I'm not too worried about it though, Im completely addicted to Neocron regardless of the DOY promise.

\\Fényx//
02-10-03, 17:06
Originally posted by Phiberdelic
It seems to me that they would have found a decent publisher by now, however they probably have an outstanding contract with CDV and are unable to launch with the new publisher without a breech of contract and the possibility of legal actions against them. Dunno. I'm not too worried about it though, Im completely addicted to Neocron regardless of the DOY promise.

MJS is saving his pocketmoney off his dad so he can pay off CDV then tell em to F*CK OFF :D :lol:

Ascension
02-10-03, 17:08
This is what can save neocron from the brink of death

Is this what Neocron Needs? (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77371&perpage=15&pagenumber=2)

Vampire222
02-10-03, 17:38
not more doy bullshit plz

X Kitty X
Dunno what they'll do. It just goes on and on. I think KK have done well considering the fact they are a small company etc...

Sadly I am not willing to pay my £ each month, because I don't think there is fundamentally enough to actually do in the game. There is nothing to sustain interest at a basic level... and thats why I've just cancelled.

Seezur001
My guess is KK already has a publisher lined up, they are just waiting for christmas shopping to start :)

When november rools around, i wouldent be surprised if i saw some magazine articles about DoY or some reviews to hipe it up to get it on a couple of wish list.

just a guess though

Mattimeo
02-10-03, 17:47
DOY is borderline vaporware (people have seen "something" being called DOY). I mean really, how long have they been working on it? Looking for a publisher?

IF they find a new publisher, it's going to be smaller and probably lazier than CDV, not many companys are willing to take on such a high-risk release, they'd be lucky to make their investment back ever.

It's probably not good for their Resumé that their old publisher is folding either.

I hold little expectations of ever seeing DOY. Maybe KK will prove me wrong, but the evidence is strongly stacked against it.

\\Fényx//
02-10-03, 17:49
Originally posted by Mattimeo
DOY is borderline vaporware (people have seen "something" being called DOY). I mean really, how long have they been working on it? Looking for a publisher?

IF they find a new publisher, it's going to be smaller and probably lazier than CDV, not many companys are willing to take on such a high-risk release, they'd be lucky to make their investment back ever.

It's probably not good for their Resumé that their old publisher is folding either.

I hold little expectations of ever seeing DOY. Maybe KK will prove me wrong, but the evidence is strongly stacked against it.

whats high risk about neocron? There is nobody lazier than CDV, they just plain sucked monkey anus when it came to all things publishing...

The main problem i heard was that publishers did not like there being a free download version, as this means ppl can dload instead of purchase, less money for the publishers...

Mattimeo
02-10-03, 18:10
It's easy to setup that the publisher gets payment out of the download version, or at least it should be, I mean they charge you full box price (actually more than what EB charges, if you can find a copy) if you keep the account.

Unless their problem is their worried that people trying for 10days decided not to subscribe and they lost a potential sale, but if that were the case I'm sure reakktor would want it pulled just as much as the publisher.

The risk is, neocron has been out what, a year now? It's almost impossible to find a copy anywhere. When I went to get my friend a copy I had to go through 4 stores to find it. (thankfully the momney we saved paid for the gas to do all that driving). It has one of the smallest market penetrations of a game I've ever seen. It doesn't make it bad, none of us would be here if it was, but a publisher looking at the sales figure is probably going to wonder how they manage to stay in buisness.

It would take a serious ad campaign and alot of money backing it to get this game to sell in the numbers a decent publisher is going to require, and I have my doubts that Reakktor as a company can fenagle their way into making someone believe they'll make those sales.

Maelstrom
02-10-03, 19:45
NC is failing (failed already, in relative terms) due to their willingness to adhere to given standards and practices without making any real innovations.

Make a cookie-cutter game that doesn't deliver anything new, well, this is what you get.

I like how people are still trying to save the game. Funny shit.

And for those of you who are curious, I made a trial account so I could post here. I didn't actual pay for this shit; I found it was shit back in beta. KK didn't like the idea to make the game appeal to the PvP community, so in the end, they delivered EQ with a different skin.

Seriously, NC is never going to be a popular, or hell, even decent game, because it's just regurgitated trite that's subpar even to the existing crap MMO's out.

Ah well. Ranting's fun, albeit pointless.

Archeus
02-10-03, 19:57
wow someone created a temporary account by downloading, registering then registering for the forum just so they can bitch to people who don't give a toss.

Keep squeezing that lemon.

I really don't know, but some of the stuff on Test server was orginally supposed to be in DOY. They are moving some stuff, as mentioned in an interview some time ago.

As told many times before.. if the only reason you are in the game is for DOY then you probably won't hang around after it.

Look at the game at the moment (ignoring bugs for a second), they have in game content/skills/items updates almost monthly and yet people still bitch.

Judge
02-10-03, 20:25
Originally posted by Maelstrom
NC is failing (failed already, in relative terms) due to their willingness to adhere to given standards and practices without making any real innovations.

Make a cookie-cutter game that doesn't deliver anything new, well, this is what you get.

I like how people are still trying to save the game. Funny shit.

Thank you, you played this game for 10 days and you conclude that it is hopeless to try and save the game. I think this is the first time that I have ever said this in the forums before but: STFU.

And for those of you who are curious, I made a trial account so I could post here. I didn't actual pay for this shit; I found it was shit back in beta. KK didn't like the idea to make the game appeal to the PvP community, so in the end, they delivered EQ with a different skin.

Neocron was different, some of the BETA/early retail dudes (including myself) are trying to get back Neocron's originality and difference. Mainly by posting ideas about atmosphere and rares.

Seriously, NC is never going to be a popular, or hell, even decent game, because it's just regurgitated trite that's subpar even to the existing crap MMO's out.

You are right, its never going to be everquest popular, but for different reasons.

Xin
02-10-03, 20:28
DOY better not be out in time for christmas for the following reasons:

[list=1]
Gaming companies are alreadyworking on/have already completed their November issues. November issue is when the Christmas presents need to make their debut. If they do publish at Christmas, it means the new publisher sucks as much as CDV.
There has been no testing of DOY by a player community. If they DID send it to a gaming magazine for review, it's guaranteed to suck since it's never been properly tested. Lupus rox0rs, but he can't find half as much as a day of player testing.
[/list=1]

Personally, I'm playing in spite of the fact that DOY might one day be published. Without a month of beta testing, DOY will cause so many bugs that Neocron will be unplayable. Hell, even with the current "patch" I've caught myself logging out early at night just because the bugs were so bad.

I also disagreed that NC has failed. With the proper advertising and a new version number, it could make a comeback. SW:G blows, and FoM doesn't look that promising to me...

Vince Kyzar
02-10-03, 21:07
Originally posted by Mattimeo

well, cdv sucks and i know of other companies that have cdv as a publisher and are ..... not very pleased with them.

Seezur001
02-10-03, 21:37
Originally posted by Xin
DOY better not be out in time for christmas for the following reasons:

[list=1]
There has been no testing of DOY by a player community. If they DID send it to a gaming magazine for review, it's guaranteed to suck since it's never been properly tested. Lupus rox0rs, but he can't find half as much as a day of player testing.
[/list=1]

there was a offline version of DoY at some german game convintion, if they have had time to code a offline version, dont you think that at least most of the DoY expansion is done??

It does need to be tested, thats true, but its a expansion, it adds new maps, new textures, new weapons, and new mobs. Those are the things that needs to be tested, which IMO can be done in house, without player testing. Its not like they are going to put DoY on the test server before retail release.

Besides most of the bugs we currently experiance are engine/net code bugs. Which at KK's current rate will still be there when DoY is released.

8ball(saturn)
02-10-03, 21:57
failing... no offense neocron has already failed misserably
the only reason why people havent left is because there is no other game like this that is actually good (i heard ao was garbage with 10 times more problems and not as fun.... but this is just from word of mouth.... word of mouth that has stopped me from wasting $12 to find out). neocron better realisewhat it has before its too late... i thought i saw a game's website thats similar to neocron a couple months back... if so then neocron has some trouble up ahead...

hope that helps kk decide how to fix their problems

this is a unique game and really the only mmo im interested anymore since all the other mmos are the same and follow the same medieval path with stricking similaries and unnoticable differences (accept for some game i saw a while back about some roman shit or somethin and its highly customizable, but i havent heard anything of it sense). neocron is gonna have some troubles lol

FIX FIX FIX FIX NOW!!!

Otto
02-10-03, 22:16
Please remember that DOY will not be a new game. It is only a new city, smaller than the city of Neocron. There won't be any new Wasteland areas, no new OPs to fight over. At least that is what I have heard. If there are more changes that I don't know about, that would be good.

I have been playing Neocron since november 2002, and back then DOY was said to be released in january 2003. At january 2003, it was said to be released in april 2003.

Now, no one knows when it is going to be released. DOY itself will not save Necoron from extinction. It is necessary to get much more players online also. And if the old players like myself, who has seen everything, and has played every class, and has used every weapon, are going to continue to play, then much more new content has to be added also. New mobs, new tech-stuff and so on.

tomparadox
03-10-03, 01:04
actually more than what EB charges

EB i got my version there the one in florida (not ganna say the city i live in :P)

ya there has been they have offline version of NC with DOY in it and they have there own "closed testing" server from what iv been told.

TheDuckMan
03-10-03, 01:50
IF NC dies I will just play the offline tutorial FOREVER :). There is no way i am spenind 15 god da** dollars a month for SWG or that much for planetside. I like my uber neorcron for 10 bucks a month. Plus you know what KK needs. Hire some of us to help out. I know I would be so friggin happy to work on this game for free. I would pay for my account and help out =). But thats me... plz dont die neocron :(

Shadow Dancer
03-10-03, 02:26
What's vaporware?

Whitestuff
03-10-03, 02:48
I agree that KK should take on some of the community to help out with the bugs and content. I mean I know FBI is an awesome coder just by the programs he has done and the whole mod forum is full of content guys waiting to get their ideas in game. Why not interview them KK?

And another thing:
KK may not want a huge legal battle with CDV over the rights to NC and such. And the fact that a big huge publisher would probably want ot take over KK and do NC their way.... I dunno guys, but if I worked as hard as MJS and the other team members I would be pissed if "Uber publisher that will save our ass" came in and said, "You know, I don't like this about ur game here, so my contract says we can rip it apart and change it to our liking..."

*3 months later *

NC starts to look a lot like SW:G . . . .

Scary if you ask me.

Mattimeo
03-10-03, 02:52
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
What's vaporware?

Hyped software that doesn't exist, like Duke nukem forever.

stalked monkey
03-10-03, 03:06
I agree, theres TONS of legal junk with publishers and stuff.
Before I saw some tiny banner ad, I didnt even know neocron existed.
But now I am hooked. This game has SOOOO much potential.
Yet theres some things I dont know really why they changed!?
Like roaming NPCs...
Did it just take up too much server load?
Pepper Park Red Lights...
Yeah, I know its the red light district, but thats just overkill... make it normal in the day, please.
Those little hovery NCPD things inside neocron...
Why did they stop working?
The wastelands....
Why travel out of the relative safety of NC/TH/MB/TG to go hunt there when its the exact same, if not worse hunting? They should make the wastelands ALL high level stuff.
Also, why are there places with NOTHING there? Like the area surrounding Tescom Uplink... just some dumb worm caves. Soullights dont even drop anything.
Why did KK take out the made-up in game advertising? Its boring to only see a couple different companies, or worse just random scrolling dots. Make stuff like "Jay's Jupiter Jeans" or "Buy Genonetic's Home-Replicated Nutritional Treat Packets".... much more immersive than seeing little lines rolling by.

Ultima
03-10-03, 03:16
the Multiple Player Online Environment is a VERY new thing and the majority of gamers have yet to understand its potential.

Give it 5 years and everyone will be like us, all DSL'd up, all Online gaming, all playing big games with big funding.

Bottom line is, right now, the world has not accepted us. The Big Money Machines are not willing to plow the industry with wads of cash just yet. When they do, then you will see bugless games with syncless transitions and quite frankly everything you dream of in an online environment.

Untill then, you, we are the New Breed of Gamers. AND you can and will be proud to say that you helped it start.

Online gaming will get bigger but we are still young.. Patients my brothers.

Lexxuk
03-10-03, 03:55
we have been saying, for over a year, the game has potential, with ever patch, the potential dwindles, with every nerf, the potential dwindles, with every delay, the potential dwindles.

neocron is kept afloat by people who have played forever, new ones come now and then, but they leave, tell their friends the game is not worth it. any new players who started since the last patch, will be thinking "wtf? there is a showstoppin bug and it hasnt been fixed?". maybe there are even mystery shoppers in NC, or game reviewers taking a 2nd glance (been up about a year now, so seems logical that game mags will check progress), what will they find, bugs that are over a year old, new bugs, show stopping bugs, doy still delayed, etc..

neocron is dying, doy will not save it, at the moment, doy is killing it because people are getting pissed off with waiting, and are leaving, some will come back for doy, but a month later, will find, same old shit, same old bugs, new stuff on the horizon.

.Cyl0n
03-10-03, 05:32
Originally posted by Lexxuk
we have been saying, for over a year, the game has potential, with ever patch, the potential dwindles, with every nerf, the potential dwindles, with every delay, the potential dwindles.

neocron is kept afloat by people who have played forever, new ones come now and then, but they leave, tell their friends the game is not worth it. any new players who started since the last patch, will be thinking "wtf? there is a showstoppin bug and it hasnt been fixed?". maybe there are even mystery shoppers in NC, or game reviewers taking a 2nd glance (been up about a year now, so seems logical that game mags will check progress), what will they find, bugs that are over a year old, new bugs, show stopping bugs, doy still delayed, etc..

neocron is dying, doy will not save it, at the moment, doy is killing it because people are getting pissed off with waiting, and are leaving, some will come back for doy, but a month later, will find, same old shit, same old bugs, new stuff on the horizon.

exactly ..i think many ppl expect too much from doy and when it comes out many will be dissapointed and leave :(
i really see that coming..MANY ppl coming back to doy and quitting one month later =/

.cy

LLL
03-10-03, 06:47
Well i dont really see why ppl even want doy anymore because all its gonna be is a few new zones and thats all. All the new stuff that was supposed to be in it like hacknet Mechs and a few other things arent gonna be. We have already gotten an official statment from KK sayin they wont. Which is why i come to this game maybe once a week because its dead even if they do release doy which i dont think they will, is its just gonna be a few new zones for ppl to run around in. Which might keep a few ppl happy for maybe a day or 2 then everyone will realize that we have waited almost 6 months from the original release date of doy for maybe 6 new zones which is complete shit if you ask me. I mean they have been working on it for this long for a few new zones and nothin else they coulda atleast fixed a few bugs but instead we have gotten like 1 new patch in the past month and nothin else. Personally if some patches dont start comin soon to atleast fix a few things im just gonna go ahead and stop playin altogether.

El Barto
03-10-03, 15:03
I think they don't need a publisher, just release it for us and look for a publisher after to get new people into the game. Also there is the fact that Dome of York isn't coming out and KK are only saying it is to keep us in game.

Black_Ice
27-10-03, 04:59
I've been here since Beta 2, that's two years and a couple of months for you new guys, and since then I can tell you what they've added, the list is relatively short:

-Power Armor
-Rares
-Epic Runs
-Some new mobs

If you wanna count Outposts, go ahead, but really that's the "major" changes. That's not too much. There's no incentive to play, like EQ and the others, it gets boring after a week to most people.

Neocron is dying. It's been dying. It's been dying since September 2002. Major changes were never implemented, giant OP battles never happen, there's basically no fun. To counter this, "events" take place which usually consist of the formula "Runner/Fraction/People X have done something, they're running through the Wastelands, kill them". There's been a couple of unique ones, like 1 on 1 duels in the Wastelands cages, but other than that, fairly boring.

Oh well, dust to dust

BlackDove
27-10-03, 05:04
You forgot the locking of the OP GR's, and the NAME ON THE WALL OF THE CLAN!!!!!!!!!111111111111

But I ain't complainin, NC roXX

KRIMINAL99
27-10-03, 05:40
Anyone besides me seeing random content being added all over the place in random areas? I think they are working on DOY piece by piece. It seems to me they are not concerned with impressing us with DOY as much as using it for a remarketing tool. When they get a new publisher it will suddenly be renamed DOY lol. I seriously hope they do something about the player interaction from pvp and stuff before then.

StrongSad
27-10-03, 05:41
CDV is publishing Breed....just thought I would throw that out there.

Marx
27-10-03, 05:43
I walked into another game store today... who just so happens to be m' workplaces competitor.

Had 2 copies of Neocron. 5 dollars each. Buried in the bargain game basket.

:(

This is why you need a new publisher.

StrongSad
27-10-03, 06:47
http://www.serialgamer.com/mini.php3?ID=97063&nomjeu=Neocron%20:%20Dome%20of%20York&Category=83&plateforme=pc&compte=&urlsource=sgpc&nature=Screenshots%20sur%20pc

http://www.gamezone.com/gamesell/p21959.htm

That the most stuff I could dig up about DOY. The screenies look cool, but nothing too special.

xkorpio
27-10-03, 13:01
Originally posted by StrongSad
http://www.serialgamer.com/mini.php3?ID=97063&nomjeu=Neocron%20:%20Dome%20of%20York&Category=83&plateforme=pc&compte=&urlsource=sgpc&nature=Screenshots%20sur%20pc

http://www.gamezone.com/gamesell/p21959.htm

That the most stuff I could dig up about DOY. The screenies look cool, but nothing too special.

You dont have to look so far, that ones are the 6 f****ng DoY appartment screens that are on the webpage of neocron for over.... 6,02*10^23 millions of trillions of whatever.

Im in the mood to save neocron, but I find myself playing fewer and fewer and fewer... :confused:

The fact is that the main webpage have not changed since Bin Laden hit the road (maybe is hidden with the DoY expansion, LOL) and they should have improved the look of the page and put other info than the weekly neocron (Is not so hard to make some changes on a webpage, isnt it?)or make something that actually show us some kind of progress, I say myself that they are too busy working on bugs and DoY but.... well, time will say.

I hope we can rise this game all together, but im pesimistic, Im losing faith... but if paying the monthly fee I can help, I will do as long as I can.

Please KK, dont nerf the community! We need the mana! The salvation! The promised land(patch)!

flyjedi
27-10-03, 15:49
blah blah blah blah blah doy blah. read it:

http://neocron.mmoworlds.com/index.php?page=faq&cat=1

and look at the dome of yor section of it:

http://neocron.mmoworlds.com/index.php?page=liste_screens

i'm sure this is the 900th repeat oif this topic ya know

Candaman
27-10-03, 16:15
i love this personally www.dome-of-york.com

flyjedi
27-10-03, 16:31
hahahaha thats great.

tekno_tot
27-10-03, 16:34
KK has not given up on us. We speculate what going to happen, and whats happening with KK because we are kept in the dark. I have mixed emotions about the length of time its takeing for doy to come out. I am not sticking around for Doy, but in some ways, I am. I am a firm believer that this game lacks alot of something.... IE:

*Random element. We have played neocron to death....most of us have done it all. We need stuff constantly to keep us entertained.

*Content. wow..... everyone looks the same still. we need more content, which directly relates to Random Element. The world needs to be bigger....and stuff needs to change more. buildings being built, settlements popping up in the wastes...and being torn down.........Story line.

*Public relations. We are their customers...practically shareholders. we all hold a peice of the entertainment pie here. Yet, we settle for half answers or nothing at all. Im 32 years old...playing a MMORPG. And it aggrivates me that i feel i cant express my opinion to KK and it be heard. I honestly feel like they dont care. If they do care... i wish they would show it.

I started beta testing Neocron in the beginning of beta 2....and have played constantly since. I have seen where neocron came from....and to where it is now. In beta...neocron showed alot of promise.....Retail....its going kaput.

Theres some very strong competition coming for KK in a month or 2. Loads of new games from big named companies. companies with financial backing, great PR, solid publishers. .....i really do love playing neocron...i have put more hours into this game that im willing to admit to...but essentially i put 10 hours a day on average x 7 days x 3 years ...thats 10,920 hours in neocron.... good lord..... ReaKKtor...for the love of god....find a damn publisher...or...if you have..at least tell us before we leave. friggen at least give us the respect of someone who gives you money month after month for a game.

flyjedi
27-10-03, 16:35
hahahaha

Domain Name: DOME-OF-YORK.COM

Administrative Contact:
Wiancko, Ryan webmaster@asspluggers.com
PO Box 24085
297 Bernard Ave
kelowna, BC V1Y 9P9
CA
1-514-842-4253

www.asspluggers.com anyone? :lol:

Rai Wong
27-10-03, 16:47
However much I like Nc, I have my own critisms to make.

I disagree to those who point out Neocron is unique, there is another game neocron draws heavily upon, thats AO. AO is a much more sucessfull game then Neocron and not without reason (I play AO too level 120 doctor), and the expansions they give and new features are stunning, the AO tradeskill system is much more well built in interface and gameplay.

IMO I don't see one reason why AO will suck compared to Neocron, if you ignore the FPS part of Neocron. The recent expansions have added tremendous fun to the players, albeit AO has its own balance issues, in general they are no where near as ridiculous as monks in Neocron. At least because in AO every class has his own unique spell line.

Even though Neocron is hailed an fps game, anyone everyone who plays it will immedietely realize there is just a lame rpg system under it all along, there is no skill accuracy or aim. The FPS elements only goes as far as point and shoot. The mobs are dumb like rpg games as usual.

The PvP is lacking and incredibly unbalanced, vehicles are bugged and they prove little use. There is little use in conquering land. Not to mention that the world is small and you ever only hang around 3 places, in AO you'll never ever explore everything even with a jet craft (if your wealthy enough)

I also point out the character customization is ridiculous, is there even any custumization apart from skill points? I want clothes and armor (that shows), in AO there were virtually thousands of things you can wear and that made it very amusing.

Little roleplay elements or items are added, we need more emotes

There are many things that needs to be added to the atmosphere that beta created, the hoverbots and pepperpark stuff where were the arcade games that KK promised us in beta? Hacknet, food is useless viarosso has no pupose whatsoever.

The graphics are getting outdated too. and I hope DOY will save it all, but I know on the inside it won't help what really needs to happen is turning Neocron back to what it was and should have been.

Vid Gamer
27-10-03, 16:51
Originally posted by Rai Wong
However much I like Nc, I have my own critisms to make.

I disagree to those who point out Neocron is unique, there is another game neocron draws heavily upon, thats AO. AO is a much more sucessfull game then Neocron and not without reason (I play AO too level 120 doctor), and the expansions they give and new features are stunning, the AO tradeskill system is much more well built in interface and gameplay.

IMO I don't see one reason why AO will suck compared to Neocron, if you ignore the FPS part of Neocron. The recent expansions have added tremendous fun to the players, albeit AO has its own balance issues, in general they are no where near as ridiculous as monks in Neocron. At least because in AO every class has his own unique spell line.

Even though Neocron is hailed an fps game, anyone everyone who plays it will immedietely realize there is just a lame rpg system under it all along, there is no skill accuracy or aim. The FPS elements only goes as far as point and shoot. The mobs are dumb like rpg games as usual.

The PvP is lacking and incredibly unbalanced, vehicles are bugged and they prove little use. There is little use in conquering land. Not to mention that the world is small and you ever only hang around 3 places, in AO you'll never ever explore everything even with a jet craft (if your wealthy enough)

I also point out the character customization is ridiculous, is there even any custumization apart from skill points? I want clothes and armor (that shows), in AO there were virtually thousands of things you can wear and that made it very amusing.

Little roleplay elements or items are added, we need more emotes

There are many things that needs to be added to the atmosphere that beta created, the hoverbots and pepperpark stuff where were the arcade games that KK promised us in beta? Hacknet, food is useless viarosso has no pupose whatsoever.

The graphics are getting outdated too. and I hope DOY will save it all, but I know on the inside it won't help what really needs to happen is turning Neocron back to what it was and should have been.

*cries*

It's true! :(

I'll stick with NC to the end though.

Original monk
27-10-03, 16:59
Originally posted by flyjedi
hahahaha

Domain Name: DOME-OF-YORK.COM

Administrative Contact:
Wiancko, Ryan webmaster@asspluggers.com
PO Box 24085
297 Bernard Ave
kelowna, BC V1Y 9P9
CA
1-514-842-4253

www.asspluggers.com anyone? :lol:

goddamnit dont put such links here, i click every link cause its a habit and im at work and my boss doesnt like asspluggers. com (and me neither to be honest)....

And btw what is doy ? is it that patch that came out in april, or was supposed to :P
Ow yeah now i remember, its when ya stand in front of that big door and it says now entering DoY district and when ya push the door it says: euh actually it says nothing, nada, riente, rien, 0, zero, ow yeah that door :P

Zanathos
27-10-03, 18:31
Too many people expect DoY will be a HUGE thing.

Some things that were going to be in DoY were added into the game now.

Some people may just expect too much from DoY and leave.

You all have to remember though, little is known about whats going to be in DoY.

It may be a huge addon, it may not be.

Many of the ideas suggested here may be used when DoY is finally released.

Then again DoY may be nothing new but a few new items and zones to explore. No bugs fixed.

Who knows, we wont know until DoY is released.

I for one look forward to DoY. When DoY is released, KK will finally have extra resources to spend in fixing bugs, making Neocron more user friendly, making our avatars more unique, add more emotes.

Its all a matter of time and money.

Both of which may possibly run out for KK.

I for one am happy with Neocron.

There are 3 games that are similar to it.

AO, Face of Mankind and Star Wars Galaxies. Face of Mankind isnt out yet and not too many people are fond of Star Wars Galaxies. AO i know little about.

How many medival MMORPG's are out there? :p I actually dont know but ALOT more.

Opar
27-10-03, 19:33
Heh, we need to make a petition, send it to all the publishers, threaten CDV, make CDV tell all the big publishers that Neocron is so fucking huge, and they have to give it up cos their bank accouint are full and are all retiring thanks to cash from Neocron. and Also, Reakktor are the msot amazing peopleo n the earth, and should just let them get on with it. Then we blow up CDV HQ anyway, so they can take no legal action. Then we get 5000 people on a server at any given time, half of those get a new account, 7500 people on at a time, KK are laughing, they give me 500 thousand UK pounds, im loaded, everyones happy.

Simple, eh?

tekno_tot
28-10-03, 04:36
yea.....ill prolly cancle my 2nd account on neocron before to much longer. I will play neocron till the end.... I will be one of the 100 people thats left hanging on......right down to the moment they turn the servers off.

I hate that Neocron is not doing well..... i really do. I have devoted alot of time....and still have faith in Reakktor that something is going to happen. But the truth just might be that neocron will never get any better. That Reakktor may actually go down the tubes and noone will buy it from them... *sigh*

StrongSad
28-10-03, 04:49
OMG....it scares me.... think of it.

They put our their last neochronicle...about a massive doy vs nc war. And suddenly a global msg comes in saying a nuclear missle strike is inbound......and a countdown

BOOM...everyone die and the servers go down, for good. I think I will cry during that day.

james_finn
28-10-03, 16:26
I dont post often on the forums, but i must say that this thread has saddened me. I have played constantly since beta and my life has basically been devoted to it. I find it a facinating game, with SO MUCH potential, and I could see it going a long way.

But unfortunatly the main clan that I am in looks like it is about to fold (PIMP : Pluto) mainly due to the fact that we have all done everything that is possible on the server. We need more stuff, we need a huge patch with lots of new objects and new bug fixes etc. even the amount of patches on the Test Server seems to have dried up, maybe due to the fact that DoY is coming?

Probably not, I feel that I have been lied to and cheated by KK, and we need a plan of action from them to see how we are going to make the community work. As someone in an earlier post put we are the shareholders, and probably most of us would donate money to become proper shareholders I am sure. We deserve to be told what is coming up, and also be told of a ETA for the game to be re-released. This game has taken away 2 years of my life, and made me do poorly in my A-Levels, but I still love it like a brother or a best friend.

I will be here to the end (whenever that may come)

Delphi

PIMP Talent Scout (PLUTO)

Zu (Pluto)
28-10-03, 17:52
I think the most disappointing thing with KK at the moment is the apparant lack of a plan. I say apparant, because as a business I'm sure they have something, and I am seeing things happen, but it's no good if customers feel like the company is not moving forward. When was the last plan posted? mid-March? A lot has changed since then that have completely invalidated that plan. The only information we have on what KK have up their sleeves are tidbits in these forums, and they are not exactly official.

I don't think KK has given up on us, but I there are increasingly moment where I feel like they have. And people who feel let down or disappointed will have a tendency to leave regardless of what the facts actually are. It doesn't matter that DoY is coming out soon and will be absolutely amazing if everyone feels like it's never coming out and nothing is going to happen.

I think KK needs to give us weekly updates, even if absolutely nothing had happened or whatever they are currently working on have no progress. They don't need to be major updates, just minor ones to reassure everyone that things are happening. A bit like the current Neocronical but for out-of-game stuff. It reassures us that KK is paying attention (I know they do skim through the forums). It can just be an official comment on how an event went, or how KK have lost 1 GM and finished training up 2 new ones. Little things like this help a lot, as demonstrated by the positive response everytime MJS shows up here. It shows a personal touch. It shows KK value us.

Anyway, positive things that have occured recently(ish) include:
New volunteer staff such as FCs and ECs who are interacting with the rest of us and doing events (with variable amounts of success). Of course I have no idea who half of them are since it had been WEEKS since the official list in the forums been updated.
Live runs. OK, they take a while to happen and only affect a small number of people, but hey, you can write to your FC at any point with any ideas and at the worst they will laugh about it on #IRC.
New content - little things like the Zoo or the excellent bits of plot Callash is slipping out for us via PA missions, etc. Makes the world feel like its changing. The weekly Neocronical is great because it actually matches up to the game world. If only we can get as good updates for out-of-game!

Zu

Radamez
28-10-03, 19:17
i'm always half expecting an announcement from admin saying "Sorry guys, it's just not working out,Servers go off-line in 3 hours" :eek:

but who knows.. maybe KK do have some big master plan that will turns things around! who knows?

I do know I, and alot, if not all of what remains of the community are hanging on in hope of some reward for our loyalty..

a reason to feel OK about getting that e-mail from worldpay, comforted in the fact that you got maximum enjoyment out of that month you just paid for :)

//Ring\\
28-10-03, 20:06
dude, i just wonder one thing.. if KK really pays so much attention to their goals how come that the synch bug has been on the top of the bug list for over a year (way before like in beta 1 i think) and it still causes deaths when it makes u synch right in the middle of a warbie spawn? 0.o

im sure they give a lot of work on it.. yep loads of it :wtf: