PDA

View Full Version : BRAINPORT: Make love not war.

Archeus
01-10-03, 19:30
In the clan settings you can declare war. How about a making peace?

Something like three settings.

Friendly - You appear green to the clan you tag as friendly providing they mark you as friendly too, otherwise faction takes over for setting. GR is treated as clan for friendly people.

Neutral - Faction setting is taken. GR is treated as faction.

Hostile - Same as declaring war. GR is treated as clan only for hostile people.

What's the point?

Well you can say something like this.
Example:
Budgie Enterprises a Fallen Angel Trade skills only clan makes an agreement with a clan called Slapheads who are Black Dragons.

Both parties set thier clans to friendly, and now the trades people can use the GR's of the BD clans outposts.

Clan Budgie however are unable to hack any outpost of Slapheads until they remove the peace flag.

Hell-demon
01-10-03, 19:38
But its a harsh cyber punk world. Without wars and clans rippin each others heads off and spitting down their necks its a...care bear world!:eek:

Ren
01-10-03, 19:39
Originally posted by Hell-demon
But its a harsh cyber punk world. Without wars and clans rippin each others heads off and spitting down their necks its a...care bear world!:eek:

AND BINGO WAS HIS NAMEO

Archeus
01-10-03, 19:40
Originally posted by Hell-demon

true, but it does allow clans to make alliances across factions.

Also did I forget the bit where clan slaphead murdered all the other clan once they got them all at the outpost by breaking peace? :lol:

Hell-demon
01-10-03, 19:57
no you didnt:lol:

I love happy endings:p

FBI
01-10-03, 19:59
"I am a hunter of peace." - vash the stampede

But seriously, this would be abused. Make peace then kill all.

FBI

Archeus
01-10-03, 20:44
Originally posted by FBI
But seriously, this would be abused. Make peace then kill all.

FBI

Well for starters both sides would have to agree to peace before it was set and you couldn't attack. They would have to set it back to attack.

Both sides would have to agree to war for all out fighting unless the factions are already hostile to begin with. Lastly how many times can you pull that trick?

But yea if the system can be exploited I'd like to know so I can think of ways to work around it.

Vampire222
01-10-03, 20:48
Originally posted by Archeus
[B]
Example:
Budgie Enterprises a Fallen Angel Trade skills only clan makes an agreement with a clan called Slapheads who are Black Dragons. [B]

you can say crackheads now, were TMNT now muhahahaha

juvestar15
02-10-03, 05:18
It's a great idea but goes against the Role-Play of the game.

QuantumDelta
02-10-03, 05:20
Gotta love that F6 attitude :p

JackScratch
02-10-03, 07:23
I think its a great idea, and the faction relations arent that freeking great anyway. It would put the politics where they belong, in the hands of the runners. I see killing anyone you are at peace with, anywhere giveing monster bad SL, solves that peace then murder problem. I realy hate that red=dead attitude this games politics have created. I think it would be nice to kill all the dickheads, and be friends with people who warent it. Now that roleplaying. Whats that you say, what if everyone turns out to be nice? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Seriously though, this system would offer some good moral lessons as well, something this game is very sadly lacking. Thou shal not be a jackass.

Lanigav
02-10-03, 08:28
I think its a good idea. True, the world of Neocron is one of extreme violence and general naughtiness, but even within chaos there has to be some bastion of pacifism, or just peace between another faction/clan.

They could make it so if you declare peace with a clan, then you are unable to damage that clans runners. That way if a person suddenly breaks piece, that person is vulnerable to the clan they just broke piece with. So you can only have true peace without anyone exploiting it.