PDA

View Full Version : hotfix patch ? said monday release? Remember?

\\Fényx//
01-10-03, 13:29
Hey,

Thanatos said there would 'hopefully' be a fix patch on monday for the bugs that cropped up this patch...

PE's everywhere
Grey skinned strippers
Citycom fatals me every damn time I go to exit it...
plus some other various bugs...

I know thanatos said that they dunno whats caused it so please can we have a update ?

Ta...

Dribble Joy
01-10-03, 13:30
dude it's half 12 gmt, these people have been up for 2 hours at most (:p)
Patience my man.

JustIn_Case
01-10-03, 13:32
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
PE's everywhere

Isnt that nice ;) . No more Monkocron

I think they will update the Patch Status Update (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?threadid=76745) thread if they have some more news...

\\Fényx//
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
dude it's half 12 gmt, these people have been up for 2 hours at most (:p)
Patience my man.

Last update was 2 day's ago, where he said they hadnt got any Idea..... Well 2 days later, how far have they got ?

Im trying to run a clan and it fatals me back to desktop (no FRE popup) every time I exit the citycom... Thats one MAJOR hinderance.....

Originally posted by JustIn_Case
Isnt that nice ;) . No more Monkocron

I think they will update the Patch Status Update (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?threadid=76745) thread if they have some more news...

Shame their untargettable PE's with HL attacking you.....

Ren

Thanatos said there would 'hopefully' be a fix patch on monday for the bugs that cropped up this patch...

Thanatos said "Hopefully" not there will be a release, which you stated in your topic. Looks like your just going to have to wait and stop jumping the gun.
Apprantley this bug is causing some troubles......its better 100% fixed than 50% surley? so wait.

t0tt3
01-10-03, 13:37

Grey skinned strippers

I am soooo poor cant pimp now all my strippers are pale and soon they are dead! :(

plz patch them so I can earn some pimp cash! 8|

jernau
01-10-03, 13:37
Originally posted by Ren
Thanatos said "Hopefully" not there will be a release, which you stated in your topic. Looks like your just going to have to wait and stop jumping the gun.
Apprantley this bug is causing some troubles......its better 100% fixed than 50% surley? so wait.

We are waiting, we have no choice but to wait.

What I think we are all asking for is some information now. Not a patch now if one isn't ready but some hint as to wtf is happening with each of the rather serious issues currently in-game.

Archeus
01-10-03, 13:42
They are waiting for a publisher

... Sorry rimshot.

jernau
01-10-03, 13:45
Originally posted by Archeus
They are waiting for a publisher

... Sorry rimshot.

That's for DoY not fixing the ghostly hookers.

Dribble Joy
01-10-03, 13:53
Wait it's not monday is it.....

OK my post made no sence.
Man I need some tea.

Wannabe
01-10-03, 14:03
Nope, you don't need tea, you need coffee.

Wednesday, 3pm gmt+2, no patch, no new PA due to NPC not working, FRE's.. *sigh*

Atleast I got some nice shots of PE's rezzing me, Clanned persons having their LE in etc.

Like I said in some other threat, I'm gonna turn senile before DoY comes out :p

// Wannabe

Archeus
01-10-03, 14:07
Originally posted by jernau
That's for DoY not fixing the ghostly hookers.

It was poor attempt at joke.

They have ghost hookers in the game!! Where?

btw, have you tried running check files. When I patched it was all messed up and the check files fixed a lot of things.

[TgR]KILLER
01-10-03, 14:27
yea i want a patch to.. i want my PA.. and those damn PEs gone.. btw.. its tru about the citycom.. i crash entering it :/

enablerbr
01-10-03, 14:46
Originally posted by Wannabe
Nope, you don't need tea, you need coffee.

actually tea has more caffeine than coffee. :p

garyu69
01-10-03, 14:50
I haven't crashed when using City Coms :confused:

But all the nameless people are bugging me. Fix it.

Oh and while your there fix the damn GR at El Friad Village on Pluto :mad:

Thanatos
01-10-03, 14:54
Well this thing is causing headaches (literally). There's really nothing new to report, we're having GMs try out new DLLs and fixes but little to no prgress has been made.
CoDi would appreciate any Aspirin donations...

Al3X
01-10-03, 14:59
respect - better take some time and fix it good then rushing a patch and causing more trouble

Dribble Joy
01-10-03, 15:08
Cheers mush, at least we know you lot are working on it. :)

DigestiveBiscui
01-10-03, 15:11
wish you could do patch rollbacks :( then u could sort it and we didnt have see see untargetable twats running around

\\Fényx//
01-10-03, 15:21
Originally posted by DigestiveBiscui
wish you could do patch rollbacks :( then u could sort it and we didnt have see see untargetable twats running around

Well the can roll the patch back surely.....

Look at what the patch added:

Bugs
PE PA (not ingame yet)
bugs
some more bugs
SPY PA (Also not ingame yet)
Another bunch of bugs
Machina gloves (aww well thats one thing I suppose)
More bugs

As you can see, if they rolled back to before the patch, all we would lose is glove parts...

Im sure everyone would sacrafice a TL 60 glove to get rid of the bugs.....

jernau
01-10-03, 15:23
Originally posted by Thanatos
Well this thing is causing headaches (literally). There's really nothing new to report, we're having GMs try out new DLLs and fixes but little to no prgress has been made.
CoDi would appreciate any Aspirin donations...

Thanks Thanatos. That's all I wanted.

Maybe a Mod could copy/paste it into a sticky or onto the Announcement forum.

@gary - It's knackered on Saturn too. Probably all servers.

Jesterthegreat
01-10-03, 15:47
Well the can roll the patch back surely.....

Look at what the patch added:

Bugs
PE PA (not ingame yet)
bugs
some more bugs
SPY PA (Also not ingame yet)
Another bunch of bugs
Machina gloves (aww well thats one thing I suppose)
More bugs

As you can see, if they rolled back to before the patch, all we would lose is glove parts...

Im sure everyone would sacrafice a TL 60 glove to get rid of the bugs.....

what about my kami... O_o

bollox to me losin that after the time + lomming i did O_o

Junkeh

Futureman
01-10-03, 15:51
That's all it takes Thantos, all people want around here is a little honesty. You know, if you made daily updates as to what is going on, or hell every three days, the community would be MUCH more grateful. Just to let us know that you are even aware of the problems.

[TgR]KILLER
01-10-03, 16:14
so.. PE PA and gamma bones are delayed untill a fix for the faction / PE bug is found ?

i just wanna know if it relates to eachother.. the bugs and the bigging of new stuff.. i want my damn PA and bones :'( my setup is wrecked :P :(

Archeus
01-10-03, 16:16
Originally posted by garyu69
But all the nameless people are bugging me. Fix it.

I am beginning to wonder if that is a bug or if people know how to intentionally do it.

When I was whacking someone the other day for being a muppet a non-targetted person came into the zone and stood there, as they weren't doing anything I didn't think anything of it (despite the other person using exploits when fighting).

However about 20 minutes or so later the same person who I was whacking was chatting with two guys who were nameless. I followed one and he changed his faction twice in the same zone.

I may still have screenies of the whole lot, no console log. I'll send it on when I get home.

Wannabe
01-10-03, 16:29
Don't have Aspirins but I have Panadol etc. painkillers.

And yeah, all we need is some updates. We've been kept in the dark all the time so just a GM or forum mod posting that 'We're looking at the things and testing the patch. It'll be out when it works correctly' is at least All I need to know.

// Wannabe

KidWithStick
01-10-03, 16:41
its funny how everyone says

"just give them time!!! you dont want it to have bugs do you?"

"better 100% than 50% aint it?"

when was the last time there was a patch with no bugs... no matter how long they had.

no one of us is litterially at reakktor holding a gun to the dev's head saying HURRY THE FUCK UP WITH THAT PATCH BEFORE I FUCKIN LOSE IT!

the dev team seems to rarely look at the boards anyways, so im sure they dont even see half the threads about patches.

give it a fucking break... no matter how long you give KK there will always be bugs in a patch, why? because they throw together like 6 patches from the test server together and bam...you got a retail patch. however they dont test it first.

Leebzie
01-10-03, 16:56
*sighs* I dont wanna moan cause I appreciate what a total bitch it can be , especially when you cant actually find the problem... or it takes ages to fix...

but I am kinda dissapointed. man I want some PA... hey... on a lot of posts ive read theres a lot about CDV screwing with KK , did they ditch the doy idea ? sumone tell me what went on ?

Pi-Oh-Pah
01-10-03, 17:42

PE's everywhere

I had the opposite - Schlaubi Schlumpf appeared as a Monk in PA to me last night and was not on local :rolleyes: