PDA

View Full Version : Slotenhancer Drops

Leebzie
01-10-03, 08:50
Do people think the slotenhancer is really too hard to find to have a practical use ? To obtain a slotenhancer you pay much more than a normal rare weapon , but when you actually find bits to it no-one seems to buy them because its too much trouble to make something that is only a mod (and as i understand it , doesnt work on rare weapons - correct me if im wrong)

Its kinda like the ultimas.

How about having them drop complete* (though of course rarely) because at least we'd see a few more around , though still not too many to make all weps uber powerful.

*or having them drop in halves , so like a 2 part rare but doesnt fill the rare pool or take too many parts to complete.

The slotenhancer v0.9 (adds 1 as i understand) really shouldnt be that rare, adding only 1 slot doesnt totally uber out a weapon. Maybe even purchasable , for like 50k from the NPC's ?

Original monk
01-10-03, 08:57
all slotenhacers should be storebought with the same prices like in beta, like 333k for a illegal 70k for a 0.9 and sumthing in between for the 1.5 :)

Or fully drop complete, like ya can get illegals droppin from WB's like exp bones etc :P

SorkZmok
01-10-03, 09:05
Originally posted by Original monk
all slotenhacers should be storebought with the same prices like in beta, like 333k for a illegal 70k for a 0.9 and sumthing in between for the 1.5 :)

Please no!
Safeslot already was shit for tradeskillers as were the non-dropping epic guns. if there would be storebought slot enhancers you would _totally_ fuck their business.

Simply make em drop complete. Not in parts. ALSO THE POOL NEEDS TO BE CLEANED UP! o_O

1. Make slot enhancers and weapon mods drop complete.
2. Remove the goddamn freezer shit guns.
3. Maybe even make those new gloves drop complete...another 16 rare parts are way too much imo....

There are about 300 different rare parts now! Where in hell should i store those all???

GurTjaN
01-10-03, 09:09
i never used one of those before how much slots does illegal give and how much slots 1.5 ?

//GurT

Lanigav
01-10-03, 09:09
They should drop whole and/or be blueprintable and constructable but require lvl 8 or higher parts.

SorkZmok
01-10-03, 09:15
Originally posted by GurTjaN
i never used one of those before how much slots does illegal give and how much slots 1.5 ?

//GurT
0.9 gives 1 slot
1.5 gives 2 slots
illegal gives 3 slots
They dont work with rare stuff and cant be combined. Also the maximum number of slots still is 5.

Originally posted by Lanigav
They should drop whole and/or be blueprintable and constructable but require lvl 8 or higher parts.
Hmm that might actually be a nice idea.

Like 0.9 needs parts up to WP 8, 1.5 needs WP9 and Illegal needs WP 10. Although still it might be too easy to get a shitload of em built.
o_O

Lanigav
01-10-03, 09:20
Well, I think what they could do is have them use something other than weapon parts (maybe item parts?), and have 8-10 be non-bpable, so you can only get them from drops. I figure that to be better than simply having them drop whole, since the drop rate would more than likely suck, and it would allow more trading.

FBI
01-10-03, 09:23
They stopped dropping because EON was caught duping 1.000's
of illigles. Now that they fixed the dupe exploit I wish they would
reconsider making them drop whole once again.

It would put more meaning and excitement into hunting again.

FBI

SorkZmok
01-10-03, 09:25
Originally posted by Lanigav
Well, I think what they could do is have them use something other than weapon parts (maybe item parts?), and have 8-10 be non-bpable, so you can only get them from drops. I figure that to be better than simply having them drop whole, since the drop rate would more than likely suck, and it would allow more trading.

So you mean more like recycling with a bp needed for it?

Hmmmm, interesting idea. ;)

Konrad McKenzie
01-10-03, 11:09
Originally posted by SorkZmok
Also the maximum number of slots still is 5.

Really? did they change it then?
I remember knocking up a 7 slot laterblade back in the day, which was really worth while what with there being no mods what-so-ever for the laserblade at the time :D

RayBob
01-10-03, 11:14
Originally posted by Original monk
all slotenhacers should be storebought...Or fully drop complete
I agree

Leebzie
01-10-03, 16:42
Well , it really does seem that most people feel that slotenhancers dropping as they are are wrong , and could be vastly improved by dropping whole. KK. take note...:p

MisterP
01-10-03, 23:48
Originally posted by Leebzie
Do people think the slotenhancer is really too hard to find to have a practical use ? To obtain a slotenhancer you pay much more than a normal rare weapon , but when you actually find bits to it no-one seems to buy them because its too much trouble to make something that is only a mod (and as i understand it , doesnt work on rare weapons - correct me if im wrong)

Its kinda like the ultimas.

How about having them drop complete* (though of course rarely) because at least we'd see a few more around , though still not too many to make all weps uber powerful.

*or having them drop in halves , so like a 2 part rare but doesnt fill the rare pool or take too many parts to complete.

The slotenhancer v0.9 (adds 1 as i understand) really shouldnt be that rare, adding only 1 slot doesnt totally uber out a weapon. Maybe even purchasable , for like 50k from the NPC's ?

KK, Listen to this dude!! :angel:

Owain
01-10-03, 23:50
This has been asked for, for a long time now. KK is not going to do this. Why? I dunno.

Hey KK gives us a good reason why SE's aren't going to be a complete drop?

SorkZmok
01-10-03, 23:59
Originally posted by Konrad McKenzie
Really? did they change it then?
I remember knocking up a 7 slot laterblade back in the day, which was really worth while what with there being no mods what-so-ever for the laserblade at the time :D

Afaik for some time slot enhancers added slots to the number the constructor already got, so it was possible to build guns with 8 slots. But that got changed again and now the maximum number is 5 again.

=Chojin=
02-10-03, 00:00
Originally posted by Owain

Hey KK gives us a good reason why SH's aren't going to be a complete drop?

whole silent hunters???:p

i think the 1st 2 should b store bought but at a high price... like 800k+ and the 3rd kept rare parts

Ch0

Wannabe
02-10-03, 00:20
If slot enhancers will be dropped as whole and blueprintable, it should have a fairly high techlevel, such as 100 or so. And also make it use hi-level MOD parts, not weapon parts.

I still got a large stockpile of unused mod parts from the age when ultimas were BPable :)

// Wannabe