PDA

View Full Version : what should i do with this? make it completely robotic like or leave like this?

Shujin
01-10-03, 02:14
ive been workin on this head for a while now and got it almost the way i like it, jus gotta finish the lips off to match nose and eye area.
anyway u guys think i should make it completely robotic / andriodic on all the skin or make it like this and jus make the part where it connects to the skin rough so it looks like the skins breaking and robotic area is coming out?

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/psiface.jpg

also i made the eye area / nose area a day after the rest so it looks diff style, so u guys think i should make the rest smooth like the eye / nose area?

ZoneVortex
01-10-03, 02:14
Ewwwwwww creepy o_O

Shujin
01-10-03, 02:16
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
Ewwwwwww creepy o_O wasnt askin that ;P was askin what u think i should do

Logan Tyrus
01-10-03, 02:19
i would say...
make it all smooth
BUT
in the black bits in the smooth skin, fill those in with the techy "underneath" bit, but obviously keep it shaded.

ZoneVortex
01-10-03, 02:19
make it cyborgy, with some skin, so it looks like a crahn project gone wrong

Shujin
01-10-03, 02:20
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
make it cyborgy, with some skin, so it looks like a crahn project gone wrong look at the face of the DoY gaurds ;P

KimmyG
01-10-03, 02:20
Thats the ugliest thing I ever did see. YOu could give a caos bat a run for its moeny in and ugly contest.

Shujin
01-10-03, 02:21
Originally posted by KimmyG
Thats the ugliest thing I ever did see. YOu could give a caos bat a run for its moeny in and ugly contest. ;p 90% of the shit i make for nc is ugly( which is why it always gets about 50 no votes ) but looks good, but since when is neocron a bueaty contest

bibliotequa
01-10-03, 02:35
honestly man, im gonna overlook the uglyness, and say the trusth, though its is fuglay, it is awesome, though make it go down to the neck (unless that is part of the wardrobe if so make an atire for that :p, maybe a white robe or something, like light clothing, something that wont hurt the burns) and maybe make parts of the technology stuff come out of the cheeks, and make the hair less full, if theyre all messed up like that, it should be firzzled if its there at all, no?) aside from that, pwnage man, i love the stuff you come up with, didnt know you skinned till that modification forum

Mattimeo
01-10-03, 02:47
Originally posted by KimmyG
Thats the ugliest thing I ever did see. YOu could give a caos bat a run for its moeny in and ugly contest.

Not quite the ugliest thing, that title forever goes to the PE PA.

But it's a close second o_O

Maybe if it weren't so cancerous looking?

Benjie
01-10-03, 02:55
I think you should sugest metal bars down the next, simulations of a spine around the back. The ears should be replaced with somthing that looks like a dark black transistor or somthing.

The hair on the back of the femail should in my opinion br replaced with White Fiberoptic cables with coloured ends.

The reson I think this is because there is too much contrast between the skin and the metal.

I think rough looks better than smooth for the neck. Smoother but darker ears.

By the way shujin your some artist. That looks awsome!

SirSensi
01-10-03, 03:13
Shujin-
I suggest that you continue with your current design/theme all the way to the toes... its gruesome and yet still very organic in nature.

Any changes now (e.g. all smooth looking surfaces/all rough looking surfaces) could make it undesireable to you the artist :D
although, the 'grafting' to the flesh look would make the design even more unique...

Remeber Da Vinci once said: "No peice of artwork is ever finished, only abandoned..."

Keep that in mind when ever working on any type of art; 2D,3D any type of art...

...and you will always be your biggest critic...

SirSensi

Shujin
01-10-03, 03:17
Originally posted by SirSensi

...and you will always be your biggest critic...

no that goes to helen.
:lol:

and to tell u thr truth im think im gonna split it up into 2 diff heads, 1 smooth 1 not

SirSensi
01-10-03, 03:22
Originally posted by Shujin
no that goes to helen.
:lol:

and to tell u thr truth im think im gonna split it up into 2 diff heads, 1 smooth 1 not

You will Always be your biggest Art Critic [sorry, I didn't specify that before]

She may be your biggest :rolleyes:... ahem... critic ...

That would be cool... toy arround with it more and more

SirSensi

Shujin
01-10-03, 03:50
Originally posted by bibliotequa
honestly man, im gonna overlook the uglyness, and say the trusth, though its is fuglay, it is awesome, though make it go down to the neck (unless that is part of the wardrobe if so make an atire for that :p, maybe a white robe or something, like light clothing, something that wont hurt the burns) and maybe make parts of the technology stuff come out of the cheeks, and make the hair less full, if theyre all messed up like that, it should be firzzled if its there at all, no?) aside from that, pwnage man, i love the stuff you come up with, didnt know you skinned till that modification forum ey bib ;]

and what cha mean by makin the hair less full? thats not my choice thats kk's , its the model thats makin the hair like that, changing gfx of it wouldnt do anythin cept make it look full in a diff way ;P

cant make it shorter, and make it longer and lessen the hair cant do nothin but color and texture it
but i do plan to make it look like blue fiber optic strings coming out when i get the chance ;]

Shujin
01-10-03, 04:10
who likes having a neck?
http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/neckido.jpg

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/psifaceneck.jpg

edit: oh shit ;[ sry didnt realize i had last post ;.; srehs niddeh

Benjie
01-10-03, 04:16
Shujin I got an idea. Draw some lighter grey Metal Bars going up the neck and into the Skull. It would look more.... Organic. In a metalic kinda way.

Draw a Titanium Spine on the back aswell.

And I think White hair would look more sinsear to a droid. Lots of strands so make it like this

==
==
==
==

(if you know what I mean lol)

btw I am an artist too. I use acrilic and 3d level mapping though. :))

Shujin
01-10-03, 04:19
Originally posted by Benjie
Shujin I got an idea. Draw some lighter grey Metal Bars going up the neck and into the Skull. It would look more.... Organic. In a metalic kinda way.

Draw a Titanium Spine on the back aswell.

And I think White hair would look more sinsear to a droid. Lots of strands so make it like this

==
==
==
==

(if you know what I mean lol)

btw I am an artist too. I use acrilic and 3d level mapping though. :)) ill try ;]

FBI
01-10-03, 04:34
OMFG...Jasons Vorheez's sister from hell!!!

lol love it!

FBI

Shujin
01-10-03, 05:52
well im got work in the morning and might not b on comp for a while , duno for how long, so im postin the thing for u guys to edit if u want to try to do anytihn u want, i dont mind any editing u do to it, its just somethin im playin with so dont worry i wont get mad or anythin , if anythin ull be helping.
http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/psim_female_head_10.jpg

when u edit it, be sure to save it as a bmp
and to test it, its best to save it as psim_female_head_01.jpg - psim_female_head_10.jpg ( and theres a _03_dreddoom.bmp and _05_dreddoom.bmp )

thats the latest version of it atm.
heres ingame pic of it ( only changed hair a bit )
http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/psilatest.jpg

ps. theres a small area at bottom of hair that i need to fix, and theres couple areas of ear i need to fix.

and im prolly gonna change the hair alot o.o i really want it to look like fiber optic strings

PsycheBlade
01-10-03, 06:03
very cool shujin :D

you could try having skin on the neck look artificial, think: the layer of skin on the android was torn/burned off and the seperation is at the neck.

you might also want to try to have a bit more contrast between the metal plates and wiring underneath.

Also, the latest incarnation... the 'hair' doesn't seem quite right.

Shujin
01-10-03, 06:05
i know hair dont fit, i was in a hurry ;P i was jus see'in what that'd look like, and im gonna fix it tomarrow or later tonite if i get a chance

SirSensi
01-10-03, 06:28
Shujin-

Where did you happen to find the original bmp???

Is it within the Game DIR or is it one that you've compiled from random screenies??

SirSensi

Shujin
01-10-03, 06:54
Originally posted by SirSensi
Shujin-

Where did you happen to find the original bmp???

Is it within the Game DIR or is it one that you've compiled from random screenies??

SirSensi eh? the bmp i made this off of is a sucky head of mine that got voted 10 to 1 no ;P and i was the 1, but the server hostin it went down and i dont got a copy on meh hd anymore so its lost i guess.

check modding forum out, theres a sticky tellin u how to do skins. ps ;.; all my skins even my good ones are gone now bcuz of the server downage ( ONLY THE PREVIEW PIC IS DOWN ) the download of them still works if u wanna download them

Mantus
01-10-03, 08:32
It look very cool without any skin showing.

If i may make a suggestion. Perhaps you should re-work the brow to create a different facial expression. At the moment it looks too sad.

Great work though, i wana learn how to do stuff like that :d

Shujin
01-10-03, 09:29
Originally posted by Mantus
It look very cool without any skin showing.

If i may make a suggestion. Perhaps you should re-work the brow to create a different facial expression. At the moment it looks too sad.

Great work though, i wana learn how to do stuff like that :d i did all that in photoshop ;[]

for the none eye / nose area, i jus played around and put lil yellow dots every couple places to make it look like a led type light or somethin, and the multicolored area is what happens when u keep sharpening something >.< and i liked how it looked on there.

the eye / nose area was jus plain dark gray / black area i made and color dodged and burned areas to make it lighter and darker to make it look contoured and fit metal lookin

my fav photoshop feature: the blur thing, i love the lil draindrop pic ;] i can put something on anything and jus blur the edges of it, and tada its part of the head

Benjie
01-10-03, 11:00
:) Nice hair. Would look great with sparkly red bits at the bottom, for a really fiber-optic feel. Perhaps a little less blue, although blue looks better than grey. (obviously for fiber optic hehe)

And when you doo bars, imo a lighter shade of grey would give them domminance, and suggest a rigid robotic android. Not sure what it would look like when the head moves, you may have to be clever about where you place them.

Heavyporker
01-10-03, 16:09
gorgeous, Shujin! I love the look, already, really... VERY cyberish.

For a ingame description of what benjie said (and I agree here - put in some hydrualic-like thingies in the neck where normal humans have their *ascii art here = |\ /| *, if you know what I mean) look at the warbots where their necks are.

Shujin
01-10-03, 23:47
Originally posted by Heavyporker
look at the warbots where their necks are. yea i seen that last night ;]

anyway i jus got off work, guess ill play round with it bit more

SovKhan
01-10-03, 23:59
like the concept.