PDA

View Full Version : Dispair Of Neocron

Flea
01-10-03, 00:47
This isn't intended as a thread to keep people from coming to neocron, just some viewpoints i have. I realized today that It is nearly impossible to cap unless you start with a large pocket of cash (10 million) or have someone give you all sorts of stuff. If you think about it, for a tank on pluto, you need:

A PA- 200k
Various lvl 3 imps - 600k all together
A CS - 5 to 6 MILLION for a good one
A Speedgun 800k- 1 MILLION for a slotted one
Marine - 800k
Moveon - USUALLY 2 million
PPU monk to help you lvl at high lvls (since theres NOBODY at crp anymore due to FUCKING GR RULES) that u usually pay - 400k total (maybe more)

PP resistor (optional) 1.5 million

this adds up to

11.3 million just for the rare stuff

Now factor in weapons, getting decent slots

thats about 2 million in the end.

total money needed to cap a tank: 13.3 MILLION CREDITS
and you start with what? 1.5k?

If your someone like me, you dont get money often, and its hard to come by, 13.3 million just to level up is retarded.

Fin.

Dribble Joy
01-10-03, 00:53
Originall posted by stigmata
STOP BEING LAZY AND WANTING EVERYTHING PUT ON A PLATE FOR YOU.

KimmyG
01-10-03, 00:54
Hmmm how did I cap my tank out on pluto?

PA and Via 3 er 2 do to a nice bug saved up by selling bones from the agyy cellar.

No Resistor or MOVE ON.
No Speed gun.

I got most of my lvls with a 3 slot storm laser.

was over 90 str when I got my 1st marine do to shortage lvl 3 imps cost how much? Wait when I was lvling they costed 1 million for an decent one especial a zerk 3.

It was really fun caping my tank and seeing as my best weapon was a shitty 3 slot storm for a long time before that it was 1 slot weps made by shitty builders alll the way.

My Pvp weapon a lucky 4 slot TPC that I modded wrong and it had really shitty stats

Go cry a river it does not take that much money to cap and you dont need all that stuff anyway tanks make more than enough money to switch factions and get the epic items themselves.

KidWithStick
01-10-03, 00:57
its hard work being a tank8|

everything cost's double...and were like...the poorest class...think about it.

the only way tanks can get money is by selling rares/imp's.

and TBH were not even the best class at PvM...APU's are.

as for a CS costing so much, its because a few people who had TONS of money that really wanted a CS spammed it and stuff that they would pay that much for a decent one, PLUS the reduced drop's in techs played a major role.

i average 100k on my tank, my monkey's all together average 1.5 mill

KidWithStick
01-10-03, 00:58
Originally posted by KimmyG
Hmmm how did I cap my tank out on pluto?

PA and Via 3 er 2 do to a nice bug saved up by selling bones from the agyy cellar.

No Resistor or MOVE ON.
No Speed gun.

I got most of my lvls with a 3 slot storm laser.

was over 90 str when I got my 1st marine do to shortage lvl 3 imps cost how much? Wait when I was lvling they costed 1 million for an decent one especial a zerk 3.

It was really fun caping my tank and seeing as my best weapon was a shitty 3 slot storm for a long time before that it was 1 slot weps made by shitty builders alll the way.

My Pvp weapon a lucky 4 slot TPC that I modded wrong and it had really shitty stats

Go cry a river it does not take that much money to cap and you dont need all that stuff anyway tanks make more than enough money to switch factions and get the epic items themselves.

i was base 98 STR when i got my CS.... o_O

i used a TPC foreverrrr

EDIT: my 4 slot TPC was made from a shtity constructor, i didnt know much about it at the time. he put a illegal on it and thats how it got 4 slots, so the stats wernt even capped... then i modded it with a barrel which was kinda dumb too...:rolleyes:

StryfeX
01-10-03, 01:01
Flea, you're talking outta your ass. And it stinks. You don't need anywhere close to that amount of money to cap a tank. It's entirely possible to level in places where there's going to be NO-ONE to bother you and take your loot, which means more loot, hence more excess loot you don't need to sell/trade to others for stuff you *do* need.

Not only that but you can change factions yourself and get the epic items.

Also, put some DEX into recycle so you can make your own ammo. It saves a helluva lot of time and money in the long run.

--Stryfe

KimmyG
01-10-03, 01:04
Originally posted by KidWithStick
i was base 98 STR when i got my CS.... o_O

i used a TPC foreverrrr

EDIT: my 4 slot TPC was made from a shtity constructor, i didnt know much about it at the time. he put a illegal on it and thats how it got 4 slots, so the stats wernt even capped... then i modded it with a barrel which was kinda dumb too...:rolleyes:

Yea same here after hours a of farming and tradeing parts I had enough to make my 1st CS it came back ok stats 0 slots I lost in Pvp cause this game used to be fun and had a drop rate now omg I lost a CS what do I do well we went back with some friends and killed those who killed me and I got a 5 slot TPC that was modded right and was a shit load better than my poorly modded 4 slot.

Lucky you Illegal sloter I didn;t even have that luxary thanks EON lol

KidWithStick
01-10-03, 01:06
Originally posted by KimmyG
Yea same here after hours a of farming and tradeing parts I had enough to make my 1st CS it came back ok stats 0 slots I lost in Pvp cause this game used to be fun and had a drop rate now omg I lost a CS what do I do well we went back with some friends and killed those who killed me and I got a 5 slot TPC that was modded right and was a shit load better than my poorly modded 4 slot.

Lucky you Illegal sloter I didn;t even have that luxary thanks EON lol

my first CS was 40/98 condition with 0 slots:lol:

Mantus
01-10-03, 01:10
Why not just do the epics for the PP, MOVEON and TSG? Cap your PSI while you are at it.

Tanks are certainly not poor as you are able to kill everything rather fast and are able to carry quite a bit of loot.

As for leveling. If no PPU is available go to the swamp caves with some friends, as long as you dont attack the Shaman they are a breeze. Or better yet why not just go hunt firemobs somewhere other then CRP, you get good xp and loot.

Being a tank is rather easy, the only hard part is getting a decent CS.

QuantumDelta
01-10-03, 01:10
Originally posted by KidWithStick
its hard work being a tank8|

everything cost's double...and were like...the poorest class...think about it.

the only way tanks can get money is by selling rares/imp's.

and TBH were not even the best class at PvM...APU's are.

as for a CS costing so much, its because a few people who had TONS of money that really wanted a CS spammed it and stuff that they would pay that much for a decent one, PLUS the reduced drop's in techs played a major role.

i average 100k on my tank, my monkey's all together average 1.5 mill

wtf??
APUs / PPUs cost helluh more.

Tanks are pretty much a free and easy deal leveling up.
I _MADE_ ontop of expenditures, 1mil during STR Roll to STR 85.
After that I made 2 mil capping.

Tanks are the simplest class to do things for cash wise during leveling unless you are silly enough to try to buy armor pre inqu/every inqui level.

o_O

My tank was my richest char, my PPU is now because someone left the game and gave him a bunch of cash.

Ren
01-10-03, 01:14
i had a tank and no outside help (except a little of fenix, coz he thought i was somebody else lol)....... and i had very little money, now i havent capped him, but i could if i wanted. You are on about Capping a character FAST... something this game shouldnt be about.....i find it more fun traveling the distance than reaching the location.

GambitFlame
01-10-03, 01:54
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originall posted by stigmata
STOP BEING LAZY AND WANTING EVERYTHING PUT ON A PLATE FOR YOU.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMEN To that

greploco
01-10-03, 02:02
>its hard work being a tank
>everything cost's double...and were like...
>the poorest class...think about it.

ya, to kill anything worth money now you need to be able to heal and tanks can't do that. I'm lucky that I leveled my tank up off of the old worms that were easy to kill. Those worms were great, even bought some tools off those things.

none is of this is possibly a problem though, possibly this could just be a good design of a group-biased character class.

mdares
01-10-03, 02:03
my first tank started with 100k that i got from my monk; after lvling and shit i now have 1.5 mil... just doing mobs, techs, lvling. dunt see how its hard to get 100k; just do aggies and sell the imps; 10k+ a run...

hell my n00b monk made his mil running sewers! 24k a run of sewers! (tho i spent that mil in like 5 minutes...)

JackScratch
01-10-03, 02:03
HEy, what are those things? you know with all the people? What are they called, oh yeah Clans! GO play CS its more on your level. Wouldnt NC be better without all these other people? That's what you are saying. You are saying that this economy based, cooperative play game sux, cause you cant do it all alone. Which by the way is incorect, not that it matters. You are conpletely missing the entire point of the damn game.

KimmyG
01-10-03, 02:07
Originally posted by greploco
ya, to kill anything worth money now you need to be able to heal and tanks can't do that.

Tanks and destroy decayed like nothing else and if you IQ is +2 u can take all fire mobs on my 2nd tank I took my favorite fire mob spawn solo when I could use inq armour.

ZoneVortex
01-10-03, 02:09
Dude you're nuts.

a mil for a speedgun and all that stuff?

check this out....

I near capped a tank 100% clanless on Saturn in a few weeks or months this summer.

Marine: Got it all on my own by trading techs (Free)

MOVEON - Zoneseek let me borrow one :D (Free)

PP resistor - did the epic - FREE

CS - bought a no slotter for 100k

Zerk 3 - found one in a drop

WTF? Why do you need PA?? I don't wear pa for pvp...

speed gun - epic, cost 400k to do the epic and return factions

GRANT TOTAL FOR ALL SUPPLIES EVER NEEDED AS A TANK - 500k

I make 500k in two hours of hunting fire mobs o_O

Flea
01-10-03, 03:16
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
Dude you're nuts.

a mil for a speedgun and all that stuff?

check this out....

I near capped a tank 100% clanless on Saturn in a few weeks or months this summer.

Marine: Got it all on my own by trading techs (Free)

MOVEON - Zoneseek let me borrow one :D (Free)

PP resistor - did the epic - FREE

CS - bought a no slotter for 100k

Zerk 3 - found one in a drop

WTF? Why do you need PA?? I don't wear pa for pvp...

speed gun - epic, cost 400k to do the epic and return factions

GRANT TOTAL FOR ALL SUPPLIES EVER NEEDED AS A TANK - 500k

I make 500k in two hours of hunting fire mobs o_O

Cs for 100k? hah, yeah thats fucking saturn, pluto any cs is insanly expensive.

mdares
01-10-03, 03:18
no it depends on whos buying...

i'm sellling one for a mil on sat... :D (yes people are buying it too)

KimmyG
01-10-03, 03:21
Originally posted by Flea
Cs for 100k? hah, yeah thats fucking saturn, pluto any cs is insanly expensive.

0 slotter is a peice of shit only decent for lvling 100k is a bit low but 350k maybe.

Ryuben
01-10-03, 03:25
hmm started with scrath on my tank, no one helping at all

he has

3 move-ons
2 PP's
2 marines
1 psi core
2 SS
1 SF

4 CS's
2 Speed guns
1 mal
1 doomie
1 MS

3 sets of PA 2 (never a fucking repairer around :D)

has tons of rares (3 Via 3 apt's full)

and about 7 apt's

i fiind that

A) my tank gets better drops
B) its easier to make money as i recycle ammo (and some booster 2's /3's when i get a 250 stack in gogo i sell)
C) best for teams as i can leeeech money off the APU's

hmmmm tank is 4 months old, :p

PPU monk

all imps 5 slot shelther 3 slot def all rare spells

and i give shit away like crazy (i.e gave away a PSI core to a friend jsut cos he wanted it)

bassically WORK for it ya lazt ass bandit ffs

stop this I WANT I WANT I WANT attitude

mysthunters
01-10-03, 03:49
woo lots of tank replying here..

id like to get some advice from you guys with uber tank that started from mostly scratch

i currently am a tank lvl 31/45 with 89 str (including implent)

my current setup is (got hooked up by some cool people)

zerk 1-2-3 melee 3
bat queen set
all other advence
booster 3
and a experimental heart 2? i think the one that give 5 con and 15hlt

cool atomsmelt cannon 2 slot.. dmg mod and alpha mod
cool tagent gatlin cannon
pa1 the lvl 85 one
and a duranit helm

the problem is.. i dont have any freakin idea where i should lvl without getting pked lol.. im bored to death because of that.. today in MB well i tryed to go solo vs a warbot and so got owned :(... then tryed to get my body and got pked ummm 7 times i think lol.. so where is a good place i could go lvl solo with my kind of setup? a friend of mine told me i couldnt go lvl to alot of place because i was city admin...

another thing is.. where the hell do you guys find so much good deal? 2 days ago i tryed to look for good deal for marine,moveon,speedgat,mal...the marine was umm 2mill the speedgat 2 slot i got offered was 1.5mill no less and a mal no slot was 950k.... wont even think about a +1 slot mal.. lol.. seeing the price of the CS parts i wont even think about it either...

since ive been playing this game (3 weeks ago) i could tell ive got about 900k-1mill total.. currently got 280k.. and can make like 30k in a good day.. now when i check uber ppl profile they got like 30-40millions??? whoaaa.. how the hell are you guys getting these amount of cash lol

and last thing.. for moveon/speedgat epic.. do we have to be a certain faction to be able to make these? and are there any kind of guide arround for making those epic?

anyway any advice would be hella appreciate lol

thanks

Saturn - vindicus

Clyde
01-10-03, 03:55
ok well maybe not capped, but me and bonnie was able to get 70 base psi in 1 day with no imps or armor of any sort and 200k which we got from a friend when we was around psi 50. We used money only for STORE bought weps, we never got anything constructed. but then agian bonnie was ppu and im apu :wtf:

enablerbr
01-10-03, 04:50
only CAPPing pain with a tank is the last few lvls of CON. hell if you got a broke tank. i guess you got your skills all mucked up.

MayhemMike
01-10-03, 04:53
stop whinning

Lucjan
01-10-03, 05:34
Flea, you might want to have a look at the newbie and player2player help section where you find advice in sticky threads on how to make cash.

There is no big deal to make cash with a tank, let me give you one example: some points into recycling to clone your own ammo and medkits - will save you money while hunting fire mobs. These drops armors - collect them, store them in your GoGo and then in your app cabs. Once you have a cab or two full of them, find a barter to sell them. Thats usually some 100ks every time. You will most likely find some techparts in the meantime too. Sell them if you dont need them - that brings much cash.

Don't buy moveon or resistor or Speedgun, do the epics yourself. That way you save at least 2 million of your calculated costs.

@JackScratch...is the insulting of people in every reply to a thread you write some hobby of yours? Its getting a little bit annoying...

Mankind
01-10-03, 06:19
Go make a PPU on a fresh server with no friends, and see how expensive it is :)

Tanks are incredibly cheap, especially if you go melee.

Pill
01-10-03, 06:57
Originally posted by Flea

A Speedgun 800k- 1 MILLION for a slotted one
Marine - 800k
Moveon - USUALLY 2 million

that would mean I am sitting on 2.6 million in hardware, that I can't even use, that was given to me by some noob cleaning off his friends old account and transferring to his new one.

Now how much dose viper king usually sell for is my question? :)

But yes, the amount of cash needed to be decent is quite astonishing, retarded too, however.

Lucjan
01-10-03, 06:58
Melee...melee...sounds familiar. I think I heard that one before...mentioned between the phrases "tanks", "useless", "if you want to make your enemies laugh".

The only thing melee is actually good for is to level a tank to STR 50-70 or to make cash with a tank a little bit easier, but then on most servers you need to keep your LE in.

Shujin
01-10-03, 07:05
Originally posted by StryfeX
Flea, you're talking outta your ass. And it stinks.

--Stryfe bahahahahahahaha:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pill
01-10-03, 07:14
Originally posted by Lucjan
Flea, you might want to have a look at the newbie and player2player help section where you find advice in sticky threads on how to make cash.

There is no big deal to make cash with a tank, let me give you one example: some points into recycling to clone your own ammo and medkits - will save you money while hunting fire mobs. These drops armors - collect them, store them in your GoGo and then in your app cabs. Once you have a cab or two full of them, find a barter to sell them. Thats usually some 100ks every time. You will most likely find some techparts in the meantime too. Sell them if you dont need them - that brings much cash.

Don't buy moveon or resistor or Speedgun, do the epics yourself. That way you save at least 2 million of your calculated costs.

@JackScratch...is the insulting of people in every reply to a thread you write some hobby of yours? Its getting a little bit annoying...

er, wrong, you'd only save about 200k, as it's 1.8m to switch factions 4 times (one for each epic, then back to original faction)

Birkoff
01-10-03, 07:15
If you think a tank is expensive try any other class except rifle PE or droner (which can be expensive i guess).

PPUs need like 20-30 spells (think i carry 26) and they have to be made a load to get good ones...
UR CS probably costs the same as my cath sanc...
my heal is ur armour and speed gat
my imps are your imps.

What about the other 24 spells (3 of whcih are rare)

jeez :P

Plus u can lvl easy on ur own, faster than me, carry more loot, can buy ur PA from a shop (if u ever wanted it).

And until the last patch at leasts with a tank 100% capping was possible :)

Pill remember the money u get during the epics.

Mankind
01-10-03, 07:59
Originally posted by Birkoff
And until the last patch at leasts with a tank 100% capping was possible :)

Mmmm, why can't tanks fully cap now?

Lucjan
01-10-03, 08:18
Originally posted by Mankind
Mmmm, why can't tanks fully cap now?

I think Birkoff meant that monks can be 100% capped now too due to the INT XP increase in a more human way. Not that you cant cap tanks anymore ;-)

Archeus
01-10-03, 08:24
Pure PPU is the single most expensive class with the hardest ability to gain cash without help.

Spy is the best for making oodles of cash.

Tanks can make cash pretty good.

As for 11 million. It is not a lot of cash and easy to get.