PDA

View Full Version : More skins or colored clothing?

Maarten
01-10-03, 00:28
I've seen this issue come up a lot lately, even more with the new modifications forum.
People who request/suggest more sexy clothing or something always get the same answer:

We cannot show skin on the torso or leg area, because people could color it and that would look weird.

Simple solution:
REMOVE THE ABILITY TO COLOR YOUR CLOTHES @ ROKKWEAR.

So this is my poll to you. What do you prefer, more different looking clothes (inc. more sexy clothes for the ladies :)) or the ability to color your current clothing pink?

Dribble Joy
01-10-03, 00:30
both

StryfeX
01-10-03, 00:34
I'd prefer a clothing option like Anarchy Online, where you can get a hell of a lot of different looks. They should also make armor visible, too.

Of course, that would mean coding in an entirely new window just for clothing OR you could simply majorly expand the current armor window. Either way, I'd like it.

--Stryfe

P.S. - And give us cloaks and trench-coats, FFS!

Maarten
01-10-03, 00:36
KK is busy enough. I'm suggesting something that requires the least amount of work from KK.

If you want both, they would have to deactivate the coloring of a special color (range) in the skin of the model. This might be a bitch to implement.

What I suggest with option 2 is a simple deactivation of the coloring. The community can provide the skins. Almost no work for the devs.

StryfeX
01-10-03, 00:42
Looking at your second post, I agree wholeheartedly. I was thinking more of the future after KK had gotten DoY out.

I didn't really like AO much, but they did have some good points that I think could do well to be implemented into NC.

--Stryfe

Benjie
01-10-03, 00:47
Neocron can't handle more skins (according to QD) but in my opinion some of the more similar looking skins should be removed and replaced with more diversity.

The tank has like 2 pairs of brown trousers. How many pairs of brown trousers does a person need? Anyway isn't that what the darkening feature is for?

Maarten
01-10-03, 11:43
You sure, Benjie? That would suck if Neocron couldn't support more skins. Ah well, then we would have to replace some of the non-used or the least-used skins for the new ones.

Felissa
01-10-03, 11:50
Simple solution: Make clothes which still look cool if coloured.

MEH LOVE TO DRESS UP :D

Mingerroo
01-10-03, 11:56
Check out my bundle thread that includes this subject matter, it may appeal to you people :)

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77371

[TgR]KILLER
01-10-03, 12:34
i want a cooler jacket for my PE.. i got that jacket with the stripes now but they gotta go off :p a well.. as long i aint bugged and my clothes stay all black it is ok..