PDA

View Full Version : Guards needed in Tech Haven

Catmanoct
01-10-03, 00:13
I believe that it is time to add guards in all sectors of TH. Add them in the same amount of numbers as all the other Faction Headquarters have.

Tech Haven has been raided on almost a daily basis on Saturn server, which is fine and should be allowed. But all things considered, putting up SOME sort of defense is near impossible sometimes. All other factions have guards that help to defend the HQ, Twilight Guardian has their canyon guards, the Mercs have guards everywhere, all the city factions have guards scattered about, all except for Tech Haven. I don't count the few bots that wander around Sec 1 and Sec 3 because they are mostly in unpopulated areas. Everyone gathers and gen-reps into Sec 2, which is were the majority of the guards should go. Even if human npc guards aren't added, at least put a huge smattering of those bots everywhere throughout TH, including Sec 2.

Keep in mind, I did say that the raids conducted by Tangent and Black Dragon should be allowed, it adds flavor to the game. But at the moment, we Fallen Angels should be given the same odds as if we decided to assault them on their own turf.

If you vote disagree, please explain why. Logical answers only please. Thank You.

BlackDove
01-10-03, 00:14
I voted just because I'm an FA.

Yes, the "agree" votes also can be illogical :D

ezza
01-10-03, 00:17
i believe it should be the players who defend it, if FA are undermanned then so be it.

as not been a FA i dont know how bad it is, but almost everytime i logged on as a Merc there would be BD/TG pkers in the base, but the runners dealt with it, the mercs would organise *cough* then evenutally kill the pkers.

maybe FA should become more pro active in defending there home.

im sure ill get flamed for disagreeing but there you go

Nexxy
01-10-03, 00:18
when creating a char it says only experienced players should pick FA, so they should have it hard. They should have to defend it themselves.

KimmyG
01-10-03, 00:36
Ill vote yes seeing as everywhere else has alot more guards and all the main area of TH has is a 4 shitty spider bots that suck. Only if this is to add more guards though of the same type nothing like what they got on Venus though.

Catmanoct
01-10-03, 00:37
Actually, I do agree with you the fact that FA needs to organize. If you've ever had the joy of listening in on the faction channel, most the time, you'll hear nagging about no one running to TH's defense or nagging about the lack of volunteers to take an OP back. (I do try to partake in both)

As far as the "hard" faction to play, City Mercs and Twilight Guardian have guards throughout their base as well. If being the "hard" faction is the factor of having guards, then City Mercs and TG should loose theirs as well.

Ascension
01-10-03, 00:38
Fix the piss poor CM guards aswell theno_O

KimmyG
01-10-03, 00:40
Originally posted by Ascention

What CM guards are the best in the game next to Copbots when you got a few of them grilling you there is nothing you can do but run. The rooms with guards in them you just cant sit in with out major support.

=Chojin=
01-10-03, 00:43
Originally posted by Catmanoct
If you've ever had the joy of listening in on the faction channel, most the time, you'll hear nagging about no one running to TH's defense or nagging about the lack of volunteers to take an OP back. (I do try to partake in both)

you wanna hear TT faction channel if u think FA nag, and i think FA's faction channel is one of the best tbh and once someones called a defence most able players do what they can.
and yes we need more competent guards as the bots just do jack.

Ch0

ezza
01-10-03, 02:52
Originally posted by Catmanoct
Actually, I do agree with you the fact that FA needs to organize. If you've ever had the joy of listening in on the faction channel, most the time, you'll hear nagging about no one running to TH's defense or nagging about the lack of volunteers to take an OP back. (I do try to partake in both)

As far as the "hard" faction to play, City Mercs and Twilight Guardian have guards throughout their base as well. If being the "hard" faction is the factor of having guards, then City Mercs and TG should loose theirs as well.

id have no problem with CM and TG loseing some guards tbh, in a role play sence that base is there home, you dont want your home over run by your enemies do you, no of course not, so you defend it, im no FA so i dont know what you guys do, but you seem to have a bad responce time for dealing with Pkers.

in regards to those pathetic things that do police TH, maybe they should have catapliar tracks like the york bots, they get around better, as it is the TH bots can be run around.

and those who say the merc guards need boosting, mustnt of been on the recieving end of them before, they can kill quicker than the TG guards.

BiTeMe
01-10-03, 13:35
I am all for removing some of the guards, or lowering the capability of the guards at TG/MB and leaving the TH guards the way they are at the moment.......
Infact, just roll back to the end of beta4 / beginning of retail.

By making TH/MB/TG a fortress you are limiting the places people who want to PK can go... You might as well just make every area safe as without a good organised force you can't PK in TG as it is.

If you don't want to be involved in PK'ing WTF did you join FA/TG/CM ????

I would also like to see the copbots either reduced in numbers or removed completely from the Pepper Park sectors.

If you open up all areas then I am sure all PK'ers will spread out for a bit of variety and not pick on PP1 entrance or TH as much.

If player killing rises in PP it won't be long before someone moans about that and gets the copbot numbers increased, then you might aswell change the entire system so everyone has an LE chip in, but the chip doesn't work in sectors with outposts.

I fear this game is getting more and more carebare every day. (BTW I am not a PK'er.... but I enjoy fighting PK'ers)

Lecko
01-10-03, 14:14
Originally posted by BiTeMe
If you don't want to be involved in PK'ing WTF did you join FA/TG/CM ????

You miss the point. Completely. Noone wants to get rid of pking zones. Its just that at your OWN base, you'd expect some sort of NPC help.... and as pkers are mostly not honourable and slaughter noobs, it doesn't help with retaining players to this game if you let them have a free ride. FFS, if we can pk in TT HQ, you should at least have some resistance in TH.

Also, found this quote quite amusing:

"...The Fallen Angels, like the Anarchy Breed, are allied to the resistance fighters [TG] by their conviction that the present governmental system is not the right thing. The scientists supply medication and information to the Guardian and are in return protected by the rebels at all times..." - Yeah, like f*ck we are...they even pk there too....so no quoting RP here if people aren't sticking to the storyline on this one.

Originally posted by Nexxy
when creating a char it says only experienced players should pick FA, so they should have it hard. They should have to defend it themselves.

LOL, so we can all call the other factions "beginners" and "in-experienced". Nice.

Jesterthegreat
01-10-03, 14:22
i agree...

although i agree peeps should defend it more, i think they should have guards that do damage...

i remember when TG / FA forces invaded Neocron Bank... about 5 people came to try to take it back... so dont post shit about FA needin to defend when everyother faction has its guards, and TH has diddly-squat

and btw i know NC Bank isnt a faction place... but it is defended as well as TH is (better... it has copbots in)

luc de vinci
01-10-03, 14:47
in the venus server, there are gards equiped with rare gun in TH

i think, this could be in every server

Luc

BiTeMe
01-10-03, 14:57
You have to ask yourself why PK'ers choose TH as a place to do their thing.
I believe there are 2 reasons.
1) The people of TH do not rally around like TG of CM's. Thus giving the PK'ers no real resistance.
2) TH offered the least resistance from NPC guards.

As I have mentioned I would disagree with any change to number 2, but I think that if the high level FA players had something to keep them amused, in or around TH then the number 1 issue would be someway to being resolved.

There are SL penalties to ensure not too many n00bs get ganked. But if it's an FA noob that get's ganked in TH then FA's should help him out in the aftermath. I am sure if I saw one of my factions n00bs get ganked then I would offer my assistance after the dust has settled.

PK'ing in TT HQ is slight different. I am sure you don't just turn up with some friends and attack (unless you got some PPU friends) and not many people actualy bother defending HQ's....no one lives there....no one goes there to level...why bother ???

I strongly believe the best balance they had was at the end of beta4/beginning or retail. Yes pk'ers were in TH, but they were also in TG and MB and just about everywhere else. The TH bots are crap and a slight AI upgrade would be nice, but I wouldn't make them any harder than they are now.

i remember when TG / FA forces invaded Neocron Bank... about 5 people came to try to take it back... so dont post shit about FA needin to defend when everyother faction has its guards, and TH has diddly-squat
You missed the point. I don't believe that anywhere should be that heavily guarded that is not a safe zone. Rather than bring every guard up in strenght I would prefere to see alot of faction guards reduced in strength.

Jesterthegreat
01-10-03, 15:25
Originally posted by BiTeMe
You missed the point. I don't believe that anywhere should be that heavily guarded that is not a safe zone. Rather than bring every guard up in strenght I would prefere to see alot of faction guards reduced in strength.

well tbh i dont mind if its more guards in TH... or less in other places... just make it more balanced... if a TG wandered into CA HQ he would have some kind of challenge... but if a TT wandered into TH he could laugh and PK everyone

BlackDove
01-10-03, 15:33
Originally posted by Nexxy

Somehow all that extensive experience doesn't help me when I try and defeat a capped player with my 0/2 rank :D

Originally posted by Ascention

Oh come on. It's much better than the orgy that CA guards are having in that elevator in the back. And sometimes a Storm Bot joins them, just to spice things up a bit.

ezza
01-10-03, 17:40
Originally posted by luc de vinci
in the venus server, there are gards equiped with rare gun in TH

i think, this could be in every server

Luc

well if your gonna have faction guards with CS then they should all have them, what you want Merc guards with Cursed souls(complete with the aiming of a 3 star NPC)
and if any one should get the redeemer the TG guards should get it as they have the fusion mods, maybe stick a devils grace on the TH guards, or even a frezzer:p

Lecko
01-10-03, 17:41
Originally posted by BlackDove
Somehow all that extensive experience doesn't help me when I try and defeat a capped player with my 0/2 rank :D

Lol. True enough.

I would agree with you BiTeMe if there was more players around. Then defending the HQ would be viable and there should be less guards- but there simply isn't enough people to do that. I and a lot of other FA DO defend TH. Whenever a call goes out, I know that a few people will respond - always. We can't be online all the time and are not available when we are on. So, to combat this, each HQ has guards to defend its runners and stop people from abusing the NPC vendors (which can't call out for help).