PDA

View Full Version : Why there aren't more FA's in TH

superfresh
30-09-03, 19:44
Regarding some of the other threads floating around, I think the reason why TH is rather empty a lot of the time is that there isn't much reason to be there unless you are low to mid-level. The CM at MB have Warbots and Cyclops, the TG have Firemobs and their own cave. Unless you have the patience to hunt Hoverbots, which don't spawn with the frequency and/or density of other mobs, theres simply nothing around TH that offers high level hunting and part farming.

For variety and as a "tourist attraction," it might be cool if the land around Techhaven had, say, some Replicants. Would also make waltzing into TH a bit more of a task. For example, how many low level non-TG's do you see in the canyon? Not easy for a level 20-30ish character to careen by firemobs, let alone the TG guards if you're a hostile faction...

Anyway, this isn't a post about the guards. It's about the mobs. And now, the more I think about it, Replicants outside TH would be sweet. Would give TH some mobs to be proud of...

Dribble Joy
30-09-03, 19:50
Which server you on?

Pluto TH is frequented often.
Uranus is never visited.

Disturbed021
30-09-03, 19:51
Except for newbs trying to go to NC to get pokes would be dead 20 feet outside the door. DoY bots maybe would be cool but not Ys

superfresh
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Which server you on?

Pluto TH is frequented often.
Uranus is never visited.

Saturn

bounty
there needs to be a warbot/doomreaper equivalent around techheaven, the same could be said for somewhere outside of NC. Maybe to the southwest part of the map. Would offer more variety and spread out the camp fest a bit. Good post though, 5 stars.

Dribble Joy
30-09-03, 19:53
I know fuck all about saturn, but yeah some sort of high lvling area is missing around TH.

superfresh
30-09-03, 19:54
Originally posted by Disturbed021
Except for newbs trying to go to NC to get pokes would be dead 20 feet outside the door. DoY bots maybe would be cool but not Ys

Whichever. Just something other than firemobs & warbots.
...Ideally you should be able to get pokes at TH from other FA's. Part of the dilemma.

Was also just thinking, I bet you could create and cap a character without ever leaving the canyon. How would you cap a character at TH?

Disturbed021
30-09-03, 20:01
Fight the sec bots to level xx/40, switch to the turrets until xx/45, zone once or twice to the East and fight WBs, Decayed Horrors, etc until capped.

superfresh
30-09-03, 20:31
Fight the sec bots to level xx/40, switch to the turrets until xx/45, zone once or twice to the East and fight WBs, Decayed Horrors, etc until capped.

Call me anal, but that's more "no man's land" than it is Techhaven...

mdares
30-09-03, 20:33
TH has a warbot equiv... u know that mini-warbot... (45/45) :D

Disturbed021
30-09-03, 20:51
Originally posted by superfresh
My point is it can be done the same way you are saying someone can cap a character wih out leaving the canyon.
One zone to the east for WBs and theres also the CCs one zone from TH for poison mobs.

t0tt3
30-09-03, 22:34
Originally posted by superfresh

And you all dont say anything about the one desertplace number ono Via Rosso.... Even ind A-B has more runners then whole VR :p

NS_CHROME54
30-09-03, 22:41
there's the stupid little malfunctioning warbot outside the E_07 entrance to TH :rolleyes:

superfresh
30-09-03, 23:01
My point is it can be done the same way you are saying someone can cap a character wih out leaving the canyon.
One zone to the east for WBs and theres also the CCs one zone from TH for poison mobs.

There are firemobs and a cave literally on TG's doorstep. There are WB's and cyclops literally on CM's doorstep. I think there ought to be something challenging on FA's doorstep.

You can go a couple of zones away, yes, but then why stop there. Not to mention that a lot of these other posts are about TH being ill-defended. It's ill defended because all of the defenders are in other zones hunting, and even 2 zones away makes for slow or poorly coordinated retaliation especially when you consider how big TH itself is. And of course, theres the fact that its so easy to get to. A 1/1 character could get from the city to TH. Theres nothing to stop them. 2 of my 1/1 FA characters walked from TH to the city with no problem whatsoever. Try walking to TG or MB with a 1/1 char...

Bottom line is, at any given hour of the day, you'll find more FA in the city, at the canyon, or MB, than in TH. Harder mobs would make TH a more suitable home to the FA, and would mean more high level FA's would be around when attacks occur.

Syntax-Error
30-09-03, 23:07
no thnx. dont want them there. otherwise the PKers will be there even more.

the main reason TH is empty.. you cant stand there for more than 20 mins without having to defend yourself from PKers.

Birkoff
30-09-03, 23:11
i think TH isn't used on pluto b/c of Dark + 3 days + a faction change....

Syntax-Error
30-09-03, 23:28
lol typical.

dark think they caused everything.. news flash.. dark are just on of the problems.

Pill
01-10-03, 01:41
pluto's th is visited frequently alright....

by crahn...

greploco
01-10-03, 01:50
I think part of the problem is actually architectural -- it's bastard hard to find your way around there in tech havan until you know the map. it's too spread out and everything looks the same.

the game architecture is a bit problematic too. there are too many flat spots as you level up. where everything around you to kill is either too easy or too hard. TG and CM bases have flat spots as well, but I think there are less of them.

traffic == fun. the more poeple around to interact with, it bcomes a community. there is a lot of traffic at CM base because of the bunker and the TG base provides the illusion of a lot of traffic because the whole base is one zone.

so, no consistent traffic at FA == less fun -> even less traffic in the future.

Birkoff
01-10-03, 03:05
Originally posted by Syntax-Error
lol typical.

dark think they caused everything.. news flash.. dark are just on of the problems.

lol, nah we were only part of 90% of the recent goings on 100% would jsut be wrong :)