PDA

View Full Version : OT : Kazaas revenge?

LTA
30-09-03, 15:57
unno if it was mentioned but if it wasn't

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,4149,1298759,00.asp

Kinda ironic eh :D

nonamebrandeggs
30-09-03, 15:59
Yeh that was in the Irony thread, but it's so great it deserves its out :D. Oh the IRONY.

CryptoChronic
30-09-03, 16:01
lmao that is pathetic

KidWithStick
30-09-03, 16:35
what i hate is all the corrupted music on there now...

almost everysong i get has that fucking sound like my cpmputers harddrive is grinding against a metal pipe or somthing

BlackDove
30-09-03, 18:14
Just download every copy of it online, one is sure to be "non-infected" with that crap. Although I couldn't find me any "Shake ya tailfeather", damn shame :p

Hayato
30-09-03, 18:34
meh kazaa for slow people try a IRC prog :D

t0tt3
01-10-03, 13:54
http://www.jasonzada.com/photos/blog6/adapt.gif

Hi there. I just wanted to say, fuck you. You have stolen so much money from me and everyone I know that it's hard for me to feel sorry for you. Sue some 12 year old girl for downloading music? That takes some balls. Fight this all you want and I will hate you even more. Do you know how many people bought an album, then bought the same thing on tape, then bought the same thing on CD? Do you know much money you made off of each person as they re-bought music they had once paid a fortune for? I don't think you do.

So you sue a 12 year old girl. She obviously was eating into your profits. You could see how she had masterminded a way to screw you out of everything you so rightfully deserve. She got what she deserved, right? Steal from the music industry and you get slapped. That's the lesson you taught us, right?

We all pay your inflated prices so you can produce crappy music and force good bands to put out "now" sounding music so they can sell more records. Everyone needs to sell more records. I mean, if your record doesn't sell a million copies your a failure right? Bullshit. Your business model is all fucked up. Most of the artists don't get much more than a dime. You give them pennies as you sue 12 year old girls, making their parents cough up $2,000 of their hard earned money. You seem to think you have a hold on everything. I am here to tell you don't. Your grip is slipping so fast. It's right in front of your face and you are just too stupid to know it.

So let's move on. Let's talk about the music I do own. The 1200 CD's. I am burning every single one of them to MP3s and then I will sell them and get rid of the plastic. I will not buy another CD. I refuse. And I urge everyone who reads this to do the same. The more I spend on plastic discs, the more I support a corrupt industry that will fight change. Once I have all of my music library on MP3, I can take it with me wherever I go. Then I will get rid of all the plastic. I don't want to own it anymore.

You do know that almost every single song ever recorded is available as an MP3 right? I can do a search and get any song from the latest David Bowie to Right Said Fred's "I'm Too Sexy" to offbeat Jazz that you never even bothered reissuing. All you need to know is where to look. Try to sue the millions and millions of people who download music for free and you will continually look like the biggest fool. How many 12 year old girls can you sue before people get sick of this and fight back? I am sure you scared her. But you can't scare everyone.

Just to make myself clear. I will no longer buy your plastic. I urge everyone I know to no longer buy your plastic. Wouldn't that be something? If everyone just stopped buying CDs? What would you do? And what if all the music ever created was available digitally and you did nothing to make money from it?

You see, people have had a taste of being able to get something for nothing. And most people don't feel guilty about it. Why? Because there really hasn't been a distribution model built around digital music ownership. Yeah ownership. I want to own that album, in the purest sense of the word. License it to me, whatever you call it, but I want it. If I purchase an album, I shouldn't have to buy it again and again every time you change formats. I shouldn't have to feel guilty about wanting to take it with me wherever I go on multiple media.

Now, I wouldn't write you without making a suggestion. Anyone can bitch, but not anyone can make a suggestion. So I offer this up to you. Let's paint a picture of a guy, who is much like myself. He loves music. All types of music. He wants to buy the new David Bowie album. He forks over $9.99 to buy the digital copy of David Bowie's Reality. He now owns the digital rights for this album. Period. If he bought it in MP3 format with the AAC codec and a new format comes out that is better, he can always redownload his music. He owns the digital rights to that album. If he wants to burn it to a CD so he can play it in his car, he can. He owns it. Do you see how easy this is? Apple has started this in motion. Good thing you had someone innovative thinking for you, eh? You have reluctanty grabbed onto this as a viable business model. Your mind needs to evolve to think about the ownership of digital posessions. And licensing models. Not selling plastic.

Oh yeah. I purchased music for the first time in quite a while from the iTunes Music Store. It was easier for me to purchase the music than trying to download it. The ease was well worth the money. Ponder that. I know only a handful of people own Macs, but look at all the music they are buying. BUYING. This is not to say that this new format is perfect. What if I want to sell my rights to someone else and no longer have this album? There still are some bugs to work out, but all in all a very good first step. I bet if that 12 year old girl had another option besides stealing your music, she might have used it. People want things now, now, now these days. Especially those teens. Meanwhile Microsoft and Apple try to throw around concepts to try and solve your problems. The problems you have created by resisting change.

To wrap this whole brain dump of a letter up, I have made this wonderful little flyer to people to download and give to their friends and print out and paste up. Download your next album, have a friend burn it for you, but don't purchase anymore plastic. Just think.... if everyone in America decided not to buy your plastic anymore, what would you do? Yeah. Scary isn't it?

djskum
01-10-03, 14:10
Couldn't agree more my friend! The music industry is corrupt, ever since the got a taster after the beatles! And I used to work in the industry!

Money talks and bullshit walks! Well not for much longer you pigopolist tossers! Your ship IS sinking! Power to the artists!

DjSKum

Stigmata
01-10-03, 14:22
Good read.

I respect the artists that are now backing FREE distributuion of there music, they know after all most people who download the music and like it will still BUY the real CD !!!

Personally if i donnload an album and enjoy it i will go out and buy it, simple as that, if i dont then it gets deleted or not listened to ever again

Andy

icarium
01-10-03, 14:54
the music industry needs to accept new technology, i dont mind paying reasonable prices to download music. one thing annoyed me recently, i bought an album and wanted to copy it to my pc so i could listen to it while playing, but no it tries to install its own player and wont let me copy files using media player, so i just found an MP3 ripper ripped it and put it up for share on kazaa. if the music industry is gonna be pathetic so am i o_O

Archeus
01-10-03, 15:04
I thought this was funny (the MP3)

http://www.zug.com/pranks/riaa/

The prank calls to the RIAA are funny too.

Nidhogg
01-10-03, 15:05
Please bear in mind the forum rules regarding piracy before posting on this thread. I'm not saying anyone's breaking them, just a gentle head's up, s'all. ;)

N

ZoneVortex
01-10-03, 16:00
Fuck the RIAA!!

BlackDove
01-10-03, 16:02
well at least it's short and to the point