PDA

View Full Version : A small request from a Blade Runner fan. (pic)

Benjie
30-09-03, 07:31
Please implament small black umbrellas. Pepper Park needs them. :)
http://www.stanford.edu/dept/HPS/BodyWorks/2300/DeckardJump.jpg
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
(sorry this is the only picture I could find that was anywhere close to that bit. Anyway it looks really cool. It would be just like a torch as in you can equip it anywhere and would only be a roleplay item.)

FBI
30-09-03, 09:06
nice one, i remember that scene specifically :)

FBI

Benjie
30-09-03, 10:35
Originally posted by FBI

FBI
Would you like to se that scene in pepper park? I would love it for when it rains. :)

Original monk
30-09-03, 10:40
i want an umbrella also :P good idea *****

i also want a matrixlike glasses that you can put on and of with the emotion that you see puttin it off and on pleaaase

Benjie
30-09-03, 11:01
All I can find are pictures. The first one is the right scene but no umbrella. The bottom one is from the game. :(
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~bos/br_15.jpg
http://home.swipnet.se/little15/Muljb19.jpg
If anybody can find me the exact picture Im looking for where there all holding umbrellas then I will love you. :)

hinch
30-09-03, 11:07
http://www.bladezone.com/contents/film/production/props/lostandfound/umbrella/

try there

Benjie
30-09-03, 13:23
Originally posted by hinch
http://www.bladezone.com/contents/film/production/props/lostandfound/umbrella/

try there
There is an entire website devoted to Umbrellas in Blade Runner. Obviously it's a big thing and a big deal so obviously people would like it. :)

Okay here are some more picture of Ubrellas.

This is a nice picture
http://www.bladezone.com/contents/film/production/props/lostandfound/umbrella/umbrella-edit.jpg

This one is great! I would love this is a Cyber punk game. :D
http://www.bladezone.com/contents/film/production/props/lostandfound/umbrella/umbrella_gary_dark.jpg

This is also a nice picture, even thought it's basicly just the same thing with a Title :)
http://www.bladezone.com/contents/film/production/props/lostandfound/umbrella/umbrellatitle.jpg

Neocron NEEDS umbrellas!:cool:

[edit - I love you :D]

Nidhogg
30-09-03, 14:09
Originally posted by FBI

FBI Actually, if I remember correctly, that particular shot doesn't appear in any of the (many) cuts of the film. :p

N

hinch
30-09-03, 14:12
it does niddy the £80 special edition dvd box set its about 15 seconds long starts high up and pan`s inward to deckard walking through a sea of people with the umbrella`s up

Nidhogg
30-09-03, 14:20
Maybe, but he's not jumping over vehicles like in that picture. That scene was never used in the film. BTW, I hope you didn't pay £80 for that "Special Edition". The actual BR:SE is tied up in legal red tape and has never been released. Regardless of the external packaging, every DVD copy of the movie is identical.

Check here (http://www.brmovie.com/BR_Special_Edition.htm) every so often for an update...

N

hinch
30-09-03, 14:22
i have ... erm .... shall we say an "insider" copy

that sceen is shown in the directors cut as a deleted scene

Heavyporker
30-09-03, 16:49
OMFG?!? I LOVE Blade Runner! And there's a GAME out?! Where and how much and when the hell did it come out?! What's it about ( I mean, what's its playstyle?)

And that umbrella.... OMFG.... its real (the pics aren't photoshopped? I never saw (or that I recall) umbrellas like that... jeezus, I HAVE to get me some of those umbrellas!

FBI
30-09-03, 20:55
Originally posted by Nidhogg
Actually, if I remember correctly, that particular shot doesn't appear in any of the (many) cuts of the film. :p

N

You dare to defy my claim!?!?

I remember the scene from the director's cut, i remember those
two dudes with the glasses and harrison ford chasing one of the
replicants through the streets junping on cars. I don't know why
i'd make it up, i only watched the flick like 1,000 times.

:angel:

FBI

QuantumDelta
30-09-03, 21:14
Originally posted by Benjie

http://www.stanford.edu/dept/HPS/BodyWorks/2300/DeckardJump.jpg

Flying people is not a bug, it's a feature. :p

dSerk
30-09-03, 21:57
Originally posted by FBI
I remember the scene from the director's cut, i remember those two dudes with the glasses and harrison ford chasing one of the replicants through the streets junping on cars. I don't know why i'd make it up, i only watched the flick like 1,000 times.I seem to remember actually seeing that scene in the movie, too. I have the director's cut on VHS tape, but I haven't watched it in a while.

And forget the umbrellas! (I need my other hand free) :) Give the females a transparent raincoat skin like the costume the dancer replicant ("standard pleasure model... talk about beauty and the beast. She's both." I can't remember her name :() is wearing while Deckerd is chasing her! Hubba hubba!

One more foggy memory: Those two punks in the foreground... the tall guys with spiky black hair and sunglasses.... I had heard some trivia a long time ago that they were in a real band, but I can't remember name of the band. Was it "Suicide"?

Nidhogg
30-09-03, 22:04
Originally posted by FBI
I remember the scene from the director's cut, i remember those
two dudes with the glasses and harrison ford chasing one of the
replicants through the streets junping on cars. I don't know why
i'd make it up, i only watched the flick like 1,000 times.As you're obviously a fellow Blade Runner addict you will no doubt possess a copy of the seminal work "Future Noir - The Making of Blade Runner" by Paul M. Sammon. Open it and turn to page 157. The top paragraph reads:
"Also filmed during this chase were some shots of Harrison Ford scrambling over a number of vehicles during his pursuit of Zhora (resulting in an iconic still of a gun-drawn Ford perched atop a futuristic taxi). For reasons of pacing, however, these moments were cut from the film."
Copyright (c) 1996 Paul M. SammonThe still is, of course, the one at the top of this thread. It's such a common picture and everyone knows the scene it's from, but I still believe you are actually mistaken when you say that you've actually seen it in motion. ;)

N

Benjie
01-10-03, 00:44
To whoever asked, (heavy porker?) the game came out in 1997 and was amazing graphics and gameplay in it's day. It is still playable today, and worth getting.

I think that if Neocron can have torches, guns, and other hand held items, then it should easily be able to handle these glowing umbrellas. It would be oh so sweet to roleplay with.

FBI
01-10-03, 02:29
Originally posted by Nidhogg
As you're obviously a fellow Blade Runner addict you will no doubt possess a copy of the seminal work "Future Noir - The Making of Blade Runner" by Paul M. Sammon. Open it and turn to page 157. The top paragraph reads:The still is, of course, the one at the top of this thread. It's such a common picture and everyone knows the scene it's from, but I still believe you are actually mistaken when you say that you've actually seen it in motion. ;)

N

I found it rather funny that you'd go out of your way to get that
documentation. My statements, which may not have been true,
have predisposed you into addmiting your blade runner fixtation
or obbession (you choose). But while your statements may be
valid from indisputable proof, let it be known that I do not have
such a mild thing for this "blade runner" flick you speak of and let
it forever be prominent that I care immensely for being wrong ;)

/me bows to nid's superior blade runner knowledge.

FBI

Benjie
01-10-03, 09:09
it dousn't have to be a small black umbrella.

Is it possible to add the glowstick handle? I think with some work you can do it kk.

Neocron roleplay drastically ultimately desporately needs sci-fi umbrellas.

Please? You would make me and all my nc friends very very happy. :)

If you would be happy with a lighened umbrella like this one here, please sign on this thread. :) (a lot of people alrady have)
http://www.pushby.com/tomas/img/photos/bladerunner.jpg

Shadow Dancer
01-10-03, 09:11
What's blade runner?

Benjie
01-10-03, 09:18
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
What's blade runner?
OMG!!!!!!!!!1
http://bau2.uibk.ac.at/perki/records/brunner2/blade.jpg
That is blade runner.

Found this: http://www.pushby.com/tomas/img/thumbs/photos/bladerunner.jpg (now I am just getting obsessed)

Heavyporker
01-10-03, 16:12
Dammit, shadow - drop everything NOW - stop playing Neocron - and get a Blade Runner dvd... watch it at least three times...

Then return, as a man, and able to take your rightful place in society.

Garm
01-10-03, 16:27
The only time I have ever seen Blade Runner, I got lucky about 15 minutes into it and that was it. I need to go rent that thing. That game looks awesome btw, especially for its time.

EDIT* If someone knows where I can get a copy of this game, please PM or email me. :)

--Garm

Heavyporker
01-10-03, 16:50
Guys, is it wrong to think that we can make our RL versions of those neon-light handled umbrellas?

I already have a concept that ideally needs much less power than two six-watt batteries...

I mean, lookit, not only is it futuristic-looking, it seems extremely practical - lookit how dark that place is!

Cypher_Psy
01-10-03, 18:33
a) I wanna see these in game ;)

b) I think it would be possible to make a real umbrella with those cold cathode tubes that are appearing in pc cases a lot now?
:D

=Chojin=
01-10-03, 19:36
ok...... the book....
why the fuck does Rachael kill the goat:confused:

is it cos she was wrong or jealous of the gaot cos it ment more to him than she did?
and man the whole ending of the book just was weird him infusing with Mercer...someone shed some light?

Ch0

dSerk
01-10-03, 20:33
Originally posted by =Chojin=
ok...... the book....PKD went insane. Does that explain anything? Hehehe, actually, I need to read the book :( I don't know when he wrote the book and when he went mad.

MoonUnit
01-10-03, 21:32
=Chojin=

The book and the film are distinctly different things. PKD was certainly a visionary (if a little mad), but the nature of his writing very much demands that you suspend disbelief. Whereas as a director Ridley Scott is very much a man who likes to evoke a grittiness through detail in his films (consider the 'dirtiness' of Alien, Blade runner, gladiator, blackhawk down......). Subsequently the script for 'blade runner' only really borrows the premise of replicants from 'do androids dream of electric sheep' and makes the occasional reference to the some of the issues that PKD was bring up in the book (namely what makes us human).

With regard to the questions on the book my viewpoint is:-

1) It's a bit of both with regard to the goat.

2) The issue with Mercer is very much about the necessity for belief in something beyond what science can teach us. The clear distinction between the replicants and humans in the book is that humans live with notions of hope and belief that are neither factual or logical, whereas the replicants assess things purely in methodical or scientific manner, even though for all intents and purposes they appear human.

The book was a response to the inhumanity he witnessed during WWII and the cold clinical horror of the concentration camps that came to light after the war in particular.

Moon

=Chojin=
01-10-03, 21:49
Originally posted by MoonUnit
=Chojin=

The book and the film are distinctly different things.

2) whereas the replicants assess things purely in methodical or scientific manner

yeah i know the book and film are completely diffrent ^^

and like when the andy ripped of the spiders legs to see if it could function with less....

i get it....... i thinko_O lol

Ch0

Benjie
03-10-03, 07:16
Does anybody know if there is any possibility of this happening in game? As far as I can tell it would just be a matter of some new 2d and 3d art. The item would equip just like a torch or weapon and serve the pure perpose of roleplaying. It may even apese some blade runner fans and persuade them to keep playing Neocron for life. *cough* :) *ahem* :D

Heavyporker
03-10-03, 16:19
yes, there's a STRONG possibility it can be done ingame.

In fact.... I'm so sure, that I really should do a "proof-of-concept" for KK.

Let me see what I can do.

Benjie
04-10-03, 10:43
Originally posted by Heavyporker
yes, there's a STRONG possibility it can be done ingame.
Yeah I am too. People walk around with torches in plaza 1 and that must be a lot harder, because not only is there the graphic of the torch, but there is the light that the torch produces also.

Originally posted by Heavyporker
In fact.... I'm so sure, that I really should do a "proof-of-concept" for KK.

Let me see what I can do.
Great! I can't wait. :)

By the way, I have Blade Runner "directors cut" on DVD. How much footage is missing from my version? Which is the best copy to have as far as content goes? I want to see the whole thing. As far as I can tell from this thread it's impossible to see all of it, as it's not distributed? Am I correct?

Benjie
10-10-03, 13:13
Bump. Could you move it to brainport so reakktor can see it?

\\Fényx//
10-10-03, 13:45
Originally posted by Benjie
Bump. Could you move it to brainport so reakktor can see it?

Why would you be botherd with things like this as youve left the game ? one thing i never really did get was all the idea's you put forward (not denying tho, some were pretty good ideas) however at the time you wernt even playing the game ?

Rieper
10-10-03, 17:29
Soo... Deckards an android eh?

Benjie
11-10-03, 00:11
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Why would you be botherd with things like this as youve left the game ? one thing i never really did get was all the idea's you put forward (not denying tho, some were pretty good ideas) however at the time you wernt even playing the game ?
I wouldn't care if I left HATING Neocron. I don't hate Neocron. I like Neocron. I just HATE how it is at the moment.
-Low player bases (omg 30-200? on pluto? Thats just SiCk!)
-Huge time sinks I can't be bothered with (that were not in the game when I started playing yonks ago)
-MORE bugs that there used to be (well okay maybe not but I would prefere turning from a Tank into a Spy any day over the shit I got during the last month of playing)
-Worst of all. This I can't handle. My FPS is 100% useless on my machine no matter how low I put the graphics. Yes I have a good PC. Yes it makes PvP fucking shit. Yes It pisses me off. Yes it ruins the game for me. (I also get it in empty pepper park streets)
-I will come back one day, unless I find somthing else I like. (FOMK, WOW, or DE if any of them are good then you can forget me ever coming back)

Other than that I am completely obsessed with...
A: Blade Runner
B: Cyber Punk
C: My own ideas

And other than that it's none of your fucking buisness what I spend my time on.

Nidhogg
11-10-03, 01:21
Bumped. Closed.

N