PDA

View Full Version : Kami Chips were a GREAT idea!

Shadow Dancer
30-09-03, 06:49
Let me explain. I...............................................really really really

HATE

leveling. Their are many reasons. Far too weak, don't do enough damage to gain xp super fast not until you're high level at least, etc....

So anyways, a friend of mine(you know who you are :p) has been bugging me to join Uranus. But the thought of leveling again....................*cry*

But this will make it go much faster. So i made a deal with him if he can get an apu kami chip I'll do it. Kami chips are GREAT for leveling. Doing so much more damage, RUNNING FASTER, and all in one imp. I love it long time.

They may not be the "rage" for high level chars, but these are a god send for mid level chars.

:p

extract
30-09-03, 06:52
yet unless you know people who know the pattern, and or are clanned with said people....you will never get them as a mid lvl player....how many mid lvl players have artifact rares and psi cores to trade for one chip......bleh......

Shadow Dancer
30-09-03, 06:58
Yup you're totally right, that's the only problem.

Now if let's say "super weapons" were released for each class, that it was impossible to get good damage on unless you had kami, I don't see why these chips should be so rare. I mean no mid-levle player will get one unless he's in a clan with people who can get one for him.

:(

extract
30-09-03, 07:05
I dont even think theyre super uber....most people who have capped chars or "near cap" chars can cap theyre weapons naturally....so basically theyre only wearing them to gimp themselves......but like me I would love one for my mid lvl spy, hes got literally no con resist yet anyways(only con lvl 24) so that chip would benefit me greatly as I dont cap my weapons yet and i wouldnt be worried about the resist loss....but even more I do have the means to get them, have a capped all but con PE with rifles that have insane range, but in the last few days, I have been looking, and no not just for 5 minutes and giving up, were talking about hours here, and in order to actually understand this "pattern" I would have to see one or have someone tell me where theyre spawning....but still even with that info I havent come across one, and Ill be damned if I give up anything of real cvalue for one, a friend of mine traded an artifact HL and a psi core for one.....I mean thats just rediculous.....

anyways the hunt continues...........

Mantus
30-09-03, 07:25
All in good time. Give it a few weeks and there will be enough of these chips out there to allow mid level players to get them for a decent price.

and its true, they are so great for leveling.

KidWithStick
30-09-03, 07:29
w00t

if you do tell me, i might start playing my PE some more

Lanigav
30-09-03, 07:41
Not on Saturn. Not enough of them drop, and the areas they spawn at are camped (so I've heard).

Richard Slade
30-09-03, 08:53
Originally posted by Lanigav
Not on Saturn. Not enough of them drop, and the areas they spawn at are camped (so I've heard).

Let me note out that my old fashioned 24zone check up proved u wrong
Saw ONE person during a 3hours period
And that my friend is NOT camping of zones ;)
Go fetch!

ericdraven
30-09-03, 11:40
Yes, they are great, and i think their role *IS* to enhance mid-level players and not really for capped players.

Of course you can make some interesting setups with kami-chips with a capped char, but i think their better use is for mid-level players.

t0tt3
30-09-03, 12:35
I think its good.... If any of you guys never played diablo 2 then you dont konw what I am talking about... Doing 1000 mephi runs just to get some nice drops that was awsome! And thats why it still goes on after 4-5 years

But I konw its harder to do a mephi pit in NC becasue áll are on the same "server" but then you need more unique mobs and even more MC5 places to herass becasue if KK want NC to be big +800 runners on a planet then they really need to look over the spawn places make more good ones if not its gonna be the dull slow slide camp CRP wannabie cave.... "or near by!"

PsiCorps
01-10-03, 00:06
Originally posted by t0tt3
I think its good.... If any of you guys never played diablo 2 then you dont konw what I am talking about... Doing 1000 mephi runs just to get some nice drops that was awsome! And thats why it still goes on after 4-5 years

But I konw its harder to do a mephi pit in NC becasue áll are on the same "server" but then you need more unique mobs and even more MC5 places to herass becasue if KK want NC to be big +800 runners on a planet then they really need to look over the spawn places make more good ones if not its gonna be the dull slow slide camp CRP wannabie cave.... "or near by!"
omg maphax is the key my son, i remember i got 3 buriza's in one run :P

Dribble Joy
01-10-03, 00:09
Still have to get to lvl 60 first.

ezza
01-10-03, 00:11
the problem is there ment for mid level players, yet the prices ive seen the going for are not really what a mid level player would pay for a implant, nor can they really be got from the mob by the mid level player, so as it is they seem more a capped players mess around toy more than anything

Lanigav
01-10-03, 01:05
Originally posted by Richard Slade
Let me note out that my old fashioned 24zone check up proved u wrong
Saw ONE person during a 3hours period
And that my friend is NOT camping of zones ;)
Go fetch!

Well, like I said, I had only "heard" that. Didn't necessarily mean it was true, hence I posted here to see if it was or not. ;)

KRIMINAL99
01-10-03, 01:17
If you have friends on another server with a constructor resser etc, do this. Get them to get every imp that adds to your main stat, most of the weapons from beginning to end, and all the drugs that affect your main stat. Then go to the highest level, busiest level area on the server thats safe for your faction and attack the non multiselecting mobs that other people are fighting. Avoid the multiattack mobs, and team when people will let you as you get within peoples level ranges. With the right conditions you can level up to 80 in your main stat in a single day.
Then you can pay your friend back after.

(although dont expect to do it quite that fast on Uranus where the server pop tops off at 200 :rolleyes: )

Scikar
01-10-03, 01:22
Originally posted by ezza
the problem is there ment for mid level players, yet the prices ive seen the going for are not really what a mid level player would pay for a implant, nor can they really be got from the mob by the mid level player, so as it is they seem more a capped players mess around toy more than anything

Give them time. Is a FH2 really worth 1mil+? Was a Berserk 3 ever really worth 1mil+? It's all supply and demand, within a few weeks there will be plenty of the chips, and the high level players who have them won't need them. They'll be just like BQ imps, or VK chests.

ezza
01-10-03, 02:55
true enough Sci, though its still going to be in the hands of capped players what price they go for

Scikar
01-10-03, 03:01
Then I'll just have to go get a load for myself and sell them cheap in Plaza, won't I? :)

ezza
01-10-03, 03:02
Originally posted by Scikar
Then I'll just have to go get a load for myself and sell them cheap in Plaza, won't I? :)

that sounds like a plan(dont suppose you want to start that now do ya, i have a PE who needs one ;) )

Scikar
01-10-03, 03:06
Originally posted by ezza
that sounds like a plan(dont suppose you want to start that now do ya, i have a PE who needs one ;) )

Lol no, I'm off to bed, it's 2am. We should go out and hunt some though, how long's it been? 3 months?

Keiron
01-10-03, 03:07
Looks at his PE... *watches clan members eyes pop out as he sprints twards DOY HQ to hunt Kami's*

ezza
01-10-03, 03:08
Originally posted by Scikar
Lol no, I'm off to bed, it's 2am. We should go out and hunt some though, how long's it been? 3 months?

yeah somthing like that proberbly longer *starts reminising about old CA days*

\\Fényx//
01-10-03, 09:33
Arc my APU's got a Kami now ;) and a DS :D and both for freeeeee :lol:

FBI
01-10-03, 09:35
Originally posted by \\Fényx//

took me a week to get my DS legitly.

I found it much more rewarding than having one handed to me.

FBI

Shadow Dancer
Originally posted by \\Fényx//

I really hate people who get high level uber items for free.

:mad:

SorkZmok
Heh, i think right the second i get one of those chips into my hands im gonna start a new char with it just to see my rank going skyrocket :p :p

I kinda like leveling. i really do. Still. o_O o_O

\\Fényx//
01-10-03, 09:38
nah I have 3 of the pistols kami's that I got legit... The DS as some of pluto know's appeared in my PE's gogo :O (ive already got 2 hawkin's and a SA legit so i KNOW What MC5's like, thats since removing the walls) Ant I got the APU Kami off a clan mate...

Oath
01-10-03, 10:17
Originally posted by extract
yet unless you know people who know the pattern, and or are clanned with said people....you will never get them as a mid lvl player....how many mid lvl players have artifact rares and psi cores to trade for one chip......bleh......

Pretty much the same accros the board huh, yah neocamp (as its now called :rolleyes: ) favors big clans, and/or groups of people, you simply cant get most of the shit on your own, i wanna rp a loner,cant do that cos i cant do shit cept gank wbs or horrors n brutes................oh yeah :rolleyes: fire mobs :rolleyes: .

Farmin = Crap for us, good for them.

Spy<VS>Spy
01-10-03, 18:40
now...dont take this the wrong way or anything...i mean, i'm not saying this is true. or the way things work, but uh...

GM's lie...that is my own conclusion though. so dont take it as, spy said it, it must be true! but uh, i also, dont belive in a moment, that callash has any such 'tool' to assign the spawn rate in the zone to complexitaly orginize it so the game can move around the mobs in a semi readable pattern from zone to one when each mob dies...

because, as a long time neocron user, i know the neocron engine is a very powerful thing when it comes to being an RPG platform...but no one who actually works for KK has the fiantest idea how to use it...or, choses not to most of the time.

also, i dont belive, that only a, meaning one, GM can spawn these mobs. i also dont belive that all the GM command exploit bugs arnt fixed. and i dont belive for a second that mayhem mike happened to be hunting rats on the pluto server outzone sectors and kami mobs just spawned out of no where for him to kill...or the fact he could even kill them anyways should he happen to find them.

The tooth fairy, is something i also dont belive in, and i also belive the APC, will NEVER be fixed to good working status untill the game closes down.

I do belive, that KK is working on a secrete base in the middle of the desert, and is designing the Cactus Mech for GM use.

I also belive Snowcrash, plays a spy researcher, and even he, steals your good rare parts and gives you claw of bear parts.

again...these are my heavily biased oppinions and not to be taken for as facts.

Spy<VS>Spy
01-10-03, 18:42
charrr...double post.

\\Fényx//
01-10-03, 18:45
Spy are you related to Derisor at all ? just something about ya reminds me off him