PDA

View Full Version : Do you want the recent "No turrets underground" rule ?

kurai
30-09-03, 05:49
In regards to Black Ivory's announcement : - http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77224

(Turrets are no longer to be allowed in OP undergrounds, for those that can't be bothered to click)

This poll is to guage the English communities reaction, since it was stated that this ruling was "because of a big discussion in the german part of the offical forum".

That the bug exists, and needs addressing is not the issue.

I want to know would you : - Prefer that the turrets are left alone for now, until a patch fixes the switching issue.
Prefer that no underground turrets are allowed as per the decree until a patch fixes the switching issue.
Have no opinionon the matter.
Please don't use this thread to discuss alternative solutions, or the consequences of the rule change ... those are best put here : - http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77276.
This is simply to give KK some idea of the opinions of this part of the community, and whether you people think the announcement hurts more than it helps.

QuantumDelta
30-09-03, 06:05
I would rather something were done to address the switch without changing all the turrets suddenly against their previous owners.

However, I do prefer the UG being a safe room for a few minutes while preperation was completed on the defence force.
Especially since the attack force can prepair for HOURS in advance, while defenders get seconds.

BlackPrince
30-09-03, 06:06
I'm with QD on this one.

Lucjan
30-09-03, 12:37
I'm with QD on this one, too.

Mr Friendly
30-09-03, 13:22
naw man, we gotta be able to put SOME turrets in the ug, ........but imo, i think they should only be not allowed to be placed in the first room ur in when u zone down

Yalson
30-09-03, 14:05
I think removing turrets without compensation is lame

you can't just suddenly announce "oh this is a bug" o_O

hinch
30-09-03, 14:20
if turrets were left in they should swap to the new op owners at the same time as the op above.

failing that remove them totally. fuck camping spawn points stop being a whiney little bitch you can rep there completely without synaptic and go straight into battle

whine less adapt tatics more

El_MUERkO
30-09-03, 14:26
Its annoying as hell.

Brammers
30-09-03, 14:43
Also dont forget the other problem with placement of turrets underground.

It's possible to place a stun trap and a gat in a formation that the stun pushes you into a corner and the gat gives you 1,000 holes and a free ticket to a genrep of your choice.

But this bug needs to be sorted, as we will have people camping the underground spawn point.

Ascension
30-09-03, 14:50
YEAH, re-instate this rule! Cos now the enemy can camp the UG While there hackers hack:mad: This includes AoE's and Barrels

Hmm isnt tht a little lame? and destoys OP war fun:confused:

Mangus
30-09-03, 14:57
They have ignored any complaint about this rule in the German forum. The thread discussing this topic there was closed. Turrets were removed before the announcement was made. What do you think will happen here?

If this problem remains unfixed, I will finally vote: [x] Cancel account.

hinch
30-09-03, 15:03
what destroyed opwar fun was having to wait for 4 hours after hacking an op cos you know that the old clan had stuck 3 hackers in the underground with a fuck load of turrets at the bottom of the ladder so you couldnt get in and kill them and as soon as you left of border outcome the little hackers to ninja the op back that killed op war fun.

dont know if you remember but at one point you couldnt enter the undergroun unless you owned that op.

so the solution is simple.

you cant enter the underground until you own that op at which point the old clan can no longer rep into the underground anyway.

this means the attackers cant camp the generep point.
and the defenders can be safe until the take over is complete at which point they should have sutiable forces in the underground anyway

stop being pissy about the whole issue implement the simple fix and it really IS that simple and get over it