PDA

View Full Version : scorpion queen

seconal
30-09-03, 02:43
does the scorpion queen ever spawn on saturn? if so, am i in the wrong cave or what?

QuantumDelta
30-09-03, 03:02
Yes, it does.

What cave are you in?

It's easier to check on it than camp for it.

Ryuben
30-09-03, 03:36
its GM spawned so :P GL

Whitestuff
30-09-03, 05:58
I noticed this as well. I wish KK would please friggin do something about this since you are releasing another imminent patch this week to fix other bugs, just throw this in there too. I camp in the Scorpion cave a lot and have NEVER seen her. I level there from Rank 25-30 till I get crap XP around 50's or so.... If ya can't tell, that's a bit and I have NEVER seen her. with over I'd say 125+ hours in there from at least 4 characters that I can remember.....

Spoon
30-09-03, 06:00
They need to make the Scorpion Queen a static spawn......

Viduus[JBX]
30-09-03, 06:17
"It's a GM spawn..." ?!?!

What is this, favor-cron?

There should be no such thing as a manually spawned mob.
PERIOD.

So, what, everyone who gets cozy with the GM sees it and nobody else, unless they happen by while the private party is going on?

Please tell me you're joking.

DonnyJepp
30-09-03, 06:22
Originally posted by WhiteKrAkRBOi
I noticed this as well. I wish KK would please friggin do something about this since you are releasing another imminent patch this week to fix other bugs, just throw this in there too. I camp in the Scorpion cave a lot and have NEVER seen her. I level there from Rank 25-30 till I get crap XP around 50's or so.... If ya can't tell, that's a bit and I have NEVER seen her. with over I'd say 125+ hours in there from at least 4 characters that I can remember.....

You have been downstairs to underground level 2 haven't you? I've been there a total of about 4 hours and fought her twice.

Maybe you're on the wrong level of the underground. :D

ZoneVortex
30-09-03, 06:28
they're being sarcastic when they say it's GM spawned cause it's not.

it's just random to prevent camping

Mantus
30-09-03, 06:38
Originally posted by Ryuben
its GM spawned so :P GL

Where do people get the idea that the Scorpion Queen is a GM spawn?

It has been stated that the scorpion queen is a completely random spawn. So sometimes it could take minutes other times it could take days for her to spawn back.

Same goes for the Kami solders I would imagine.

Whitestuff
30-09-03, 18:20
Yes I have been to level two every time I level.... There are no mobs there at all. I have heard that when the queen is spawned the whole level spawns, but I have never seen anything there.

If it is random then it should have a lower max time limit. Not days but maybe an hour? 1 1/2 hours? That would be enough to drive ppl away for the fact of sheer boredom of waiting that long.

Stigmata
30-09-03, 18:25
So, what, everyone who gets cozy with the GM sees it and nobody else, unless they happen by while the private party is going on?

Please tell me you're joking.

it should be a permanent spawn every 4 hours minimum, a random spawn ever hour or so.

Currently you have to camp the places for hours.

Scorpian queen.

we had at least one player there for a period of 12 hours taking turns to camp the cave, in that time we killed it 3 times.

Kami mobs, we had 6 people roaming around the K zones for 4 hours then we saw our first one.

Andy

DonnyJepp
30-09-03, 18:32
Originally posted by WhiteKrAkRBOi
Yes I have been to level two every time I level.... There are no mobs there at all. I have heard that when the queen is spawned the whole level spawns, but I have never seen anything there.

Yes usually the whole basement level 2 spawns simultaneously. It happened to me once while I was down there. That might have something to do with why people think it is manually spawned. Most (if not all) of the other boss-mobs won't spawn with you in the room. I've seen her spawn with about a dozen other big scorpions, before my eyes.

Whitestuff
30-09-03, 18:57
You are very luck then. I have never seen her. Man... this whole discussion makes me want to go camp there now. For days.... Grrrrrr blast you forum people!

QuantumDelta
30-09-03, 19:01
When GMs mass spawn things it's FAR too obvious since a GM cannot really adjust the spawn point they all spray out into the exact same spot and spread out from there one after another (in very fast sequence).

What you saw more or less confirms it's not GM Spawned on the second level.

Though anyone fighting it upstairs = fighting GM Spawn.

seconal
30-09-03, 19:32
i believe it was Delta that asked what cave....its the el farid underground. and yesi do go down to the 2 lower floor and find the rooms in which it looks like its set-up for a boss.

and no, i dont 'camp' the spot in intentions to find the scorpion queen. i've been lvling my tank there and i can tell you that for almost a week now (because i was there for a few hours yesterday) that i have yet to see anything spawn in the bottom floor.

maybe some people are just lucky and come in for the first time and whallah! there she is. i can count my lucky stars to expect a GM to post a official reply on why the spawn rate is so insanely low, maybe one could be nice to post a official reason why this is??? i dont expect a precise formua to there spawning....but anything at this point would be good enough.

oh and...im not paying 1 mil on auctions for titan armor...sorry. not when viper king armor is pretty simple to obtain. go figure....

btw: ive lvl'd my tank from 53 to 59...thats how long ive been down there! lol

Whitestuff
30-09-03, 19:37
I level there a lot as I have said. I say up the spawn rate!!!

*goes back to camping*

Hey I got a fire halo, anyone bring any rat meat? Let's sing some songs around the fire......

*whistling*

QuantumDelta
30-09-03, 19:42
You don't want Titan armor for a tank anyway.
Infact Titan armor may as well just have a PE Requirement on it because they're the only class that it would make sense to use it on.
Of course even that goes out the window when PE PA comes in.

seconal
30-09-03, 20:01
the only reason why i want it is the 41 fire resist. but with that said, i already use inq 4 vest down there anyhow and it has 41.1 fire resist. i just want to up the ante on da uberness.

still, i want to enjoy killing the damn thing since there seems to be some interest in it, plus i could auction it off for like say um...1 mil?