PDA

View Full Version : LE Users Rant - Killing NPCs.

Mankind
29-09-03, 23:30
Is it fair that someone can just put their LE in and go off and kill NPCs of opposite factions to raise either SL or FS? I personally don't think so. I don't know if it has been brought up in the past but I'd like to see LE users not be able to target NPCs just the same way they cannot target players. I was watching some merc exploiting inside TG last night killing our NPCs behind the tables (they weren't able to attack back). Kinda pissed me off because I wanted to kill him so bad for touching the NPCs. What's a "law" chip without the law? Right now I prefer to call the law chip an exploit chip :lol:

Tantris
29-09-03, 23:40
On Jupiter this is handled by GMs.
If one observes such behaviour, he can call a GM, if a GM sees it he is allowed to spawn Faction Guards in... well... greater numbers to outweigh the fact that the runners of that faction can not defend their HQ.

hnlecter
30-09-03, 00:00
Law chips should only work in neocron or withing one or two sectors. I thought wastelands were "lawless" and untammed? This is one of the big bs things I hate Law chips should not work outside two sectors away from neocron. TG, BD, FA would develope some technology to prevent them from using them too far away from neocron.

Ascension
30-09-03, 00:02
Originally posted by hnlecter
Law chips should only work in neocron or withing one or two sectors. I thought wastelands were "lawless" and untammed? This is one of the big bs things I hate Law chips should not work outside two sectors away from neocron. TG, BD, FA would develope some technology to prevent them from using them too far away from neocron.

What bout MB n00bs nad TG n00bs oh and TH n00bs? Thts a little un-fair O_o

Berzerker
30-09-03, 00:13
Well they do say that those fations are not recomended for new players.
Come on LE chips is the biggest exploit out there. Nothing is stopping some one with a LE in, spying for other clans, killing NPC's or being fuckwits with soulclusters.

StryfeX
30-09-03, 00:21
Deal with it, people. As an LE user, you have a lot of draw backs which make up for it. Such as lower experience, no clanning, not being able to take part in most epic runs, etc. (Yes, I know the LE exp. gain hit was supposedly axed, but it was still there as of 187.)

Another good one is that turrets can (and will) smack you down and you can't even hit them. Yet another good one is the frickin' AOE/Barrel exploits used to kill LE runners.

Soul clusters are annoying but nothing more, unless you get a near-cap pure PPU. And how often is THAT going to happen?

I don't think LE users should just be able to kill vendors and stuff, but guards are fair game in my book.

--Stryfe

hnlecter
30-09-03, 00:38
The AOE/barrel exploit isn't working.

Genty
30-09-03, 00:43
Originally posted by hnlecter

He has a point there, how does a law chip work when there are no copbots around to enforce the laws. Interesting thought.

Mankind
30-09-03, 00:45
Originally posted by StryfeX
I don't think LE users should just be able to kill vendors and stuff, but guards are fair game in my book.

--Stryfe

This Merc was killing vendors. As I said, they were the vendors that sit behind the tables and don't fight back unless you jump on the table. No guards were coming in, but they knew something was up because they were running around TG.

mdares
30-09-03, 00:45
i think they removed the less exp/cash gain from LEs (awhile back i think) so the only downsides are no clan and wasted brain slot.

Ehyuko
30-09-03, 00:56
Simple fix would be to make the soullight of a LE'ed person static, so if they put one in @ 100 SL it will never go down, conversely if a person with -6 SL uses a LE then their SL remains at -6.

If faction sympathy is a problem then make faction sympathy affected only by missions, that way you cannot use faction guards for faction sympathy gain/loss.

StryfeX
30-09-03, 00:58
Originally posted by mdares
i think they removed the less exp/cash gain from LEs (awhile back i think) so the only downsides are no clan and wasted brain slot.
Originally posted by StryfeX
Yes, I know the LE exp. gain hit was supposedly axed, but it was still there as of 187.READ, mah man, read. :p
Originally posted by hnlector
The AOE/barrel exploit isn't working.And you know this how? You've tried? "Gee, let's see how many LE runners I can kill today with my uber exploits!" :rolleyes: Sickening.

--Stryfe

BJB
30-09-03, 01:26
I think they should just take the LE chip out completely, make it so once you hit a certain level you become PK and thats that. You can get killed and you can kill. But meh thats just my thought.

hnlecter
30-09-03, 01:34
It gets annoying having an LE user following arround spy or just being a nusiance. Also I don't like people with LEs that shoot my stuptidly defenceless "guards". (TG)

TheDuckMan
30-09-03, 04:47
Originally posted by Ascention
What bout MB n00bs nad TG n00bs oh and TH n00bs? Thts a little un-fair O_o

There is no such thing as a TG n00b. In the TG discription it specifically says," For Experienced Players Only."

VetteroX
30-09-03, 05:06
LE should be limited to use inside NC and then, only up to passive rank 40 or so. I think that would be really good. The LE just plain sucks and LE users are pussies. My new spy took his LE out first second of creation. curent rank: 47/44 Number of times pked? ZERO. its not that bad, take your damn LE's out.

BJB
30-09-03, 05:35
Vet has hit the nail on the head :D

LVirus
30-09-03, 08:40
In Pluto situation with LE'd players are IMHO out of hand. Constantly I see enemy factions and clan members (Even using exploit to be in clan and STILL use LE) to level in our homeland and our spots (CRP, other caves and exploit TG vendors). What can I do when I cannot kill them and they keep being there and next night they are back to clan and attacking our ops.

KK should make as IT WAS INTENTED to be that after level 40 or so, LE chip would just deactive or that LE works only inside NC and its leveling places.

mdares
30-09-03, 08:46
that and LE poeple can kill other non-LE n00bs... cast a SC and the LE can kill non-LEs... someone i knew got killed that way today so we're emailling exploits@nc about it.

Hayato
30-09-03, 09:58
took LE out 5 secs after making char how many times i have been almost pked 100 billion but u know, thats what i love!!!

Cass
30-09-03, 10:31
Originally posted by Genty
He has a point there, how does a law chip work when there are no copbots around to enforce the laws. Interesting thought.

Never mind that... How do entire factions (TG etc) who are dead set against Lioon Reza even ALLOWED to use the city's "Law Enforcer" chip? If they were really against Reza they woulnd't even HAVE an LE. In fact, I think the LE should have "Restriction - City Factions Only. That's how the game's written, storyline and all.

Mankind
30-09-03, 10:36
Originally posted by Cass
Never mind that... How do entire factions (TG etc) who are dead set against Lioon Reza even ALLOWED to use the city's "Law Enforcer" chip? If they were really against Reza they woulnd't even HAVE an LE. In fact, I think the LE should have "Restriction - City Factions Only. That's how the game's written, storyline and all.

Yes, very much agreed.

Distaria
30-09-03, 10:45
You have to remember the LE wasn't entirely made for a storyline context. It's so some people don't have to put up with fucktards like Vettero shooting them in the back with a rare while they're fighting a Warbot. The LE is fine. If it'd popped by itself I would be extremely displeased. The way I see it, if people without LEs are allowed to be total assholes, people with should be too. So live with it. There are people who don't have to stick with this pretense of being "hardcore" and just want to play the game in peace. If that fact infuriates you to no end, go play something else.

Yes, Vettero, I'm a pussy and your penis is bigger than mine.:rolleyes: Now go stroke your ego elsewhere.

If I have to put up with lameass PKer bullshit(without LE), you guys can deal with the 2% of LE users who want to also pull lame bullshit.

Cass
30-09-03, 10:52
That, sir, is a very well written flame. I comment you on it.

Distaria
30-09-03, 10:57
No offense Case, but don't you mean 'commend'?:D

Cruzbroker
30-09-03, 11:07
Take the NPC as any other person in game, so LE'd should not be able to shoot them. Now that's the law.

Velvet
30-09-03, 11:09
"Put your LE in and stop whining around" was told me countless times. And now? :p
I`m a spy. No soulcluster. I only want to level in peace and have a little sight-seeing in NC.

Berzerker
30-09-03, 11:26
LE chip is a farse get rid of em. It's not like we have buttholes like Joystick, constantly huanting the n00b dungions any more. Yeh sure yur going to get killed sometimes. Well It is a rpg first shooter.

Maarten
30-09-03, 12:02
Keep the LE in the game, fix the exploits and make the LE not work in warzones...

Distaria
30-09-03, 12:23
It's funny how it's gone from "Put your LE in n00b." to "Get rid of LE's, I can't kill people, Waaaaaaa!"

Fucking A. Wishing. Getting. All that.

Shockwave
30-09-03, 13:40
You know, it's threads like this and people like the "1337 hardcore PKars" that have posted in this thread whinging that there are people who *gasp* they CAN'T KILL that are the reason I'm playing SWG at the moment to see if I like it. And you know what? I'm seriously tempted to abandon NC entirely in favour of it.

My 2nc, for those of you who give a damn, do not under ANY circumstances take out or add further restrictions to the LE system. There are people who want to roleplay through the game, and not get ganked every 5 minutes by some spotty 15-year old with too much time on his hands and an inferiority complex. It's fine as it is. Arguements like "LE-wearing OP Spies", "Killing NPCs", or even "They're following me around being annoying" just don't hold water. The only issue KK needs to look at is stopping the LE-Jumping PKers, maybe by adding in a clause that once it's in you can't take it out for 24 hours and vice versa.

As had been pointed out, it's hilarious that the people who used to say "Stop whinging and put an LE in if you don't want me to pwn j00, n00b" are now whinging that people have taken their advice and now they can't touch them. The phrase is "Hoist by your own petard". :lol:

Shock.

Clownst0pper
30-09-03, 13:55
Right now I prefer to call the law chip an exploit chip

But of course, its alright for half of New Dawn to level up in NCPD killing NPC's with there law enforcers in, so City Admin and other city factions cant do shit about it.

Swings and round abouts....:o

Mankind
30-09-03, 14:11
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
But of course, its alright for half of New Dawn to level up in NCPD killing NPC's with there law enforcers in, so City Admin and other city factions cant do shit about it.

Swings and round abouts....:o

Keep it ingame.

You know, it's threads like this and people like the "1337 hardcore PKars" that have posted in this thread whinging that there are people who *gasp* they CAN'T KILL that are the reason I'm playing SWG at the moment to see if I like it. And you know what? I'm seriously tempted to abandon NC entirely in favour of it.

The point is, the Merc was exploiting with the chip. He was killing faction vendors behind a table that could not attack back. I had to step in front of his fire so he couldn't attack them. Then he had the nerve to call me gay? No guards could enter where he was at, and I characterized it as exploiting so personally the only thing I'd like changed with LEs is that they cannot attack ANYONE. If people want more things done with the LE, thats a different topic.

Shockwave
30-09-03, 14:22
Originally posted by Mankind
The point is, the Merc was exploiting with the chip. He was killing faction vendors behind a table that could not attack back. I had to step in front of his fire so he couldn't attack them. Then he had the nerve to call me gay? No guards could enter where he was at, and I characterized it as exploiting so personally the only thing I'd like changed with LEs is that they cannot attack ANYONE. If people want more things done with the LE, thats a different topic.

But surely he would have been able to do that whether he was LE'd or not, yes? The only difference is that you had to get in his line of fire to stop him rather than blow his head off. The Exploit was location-based, not LE-based.

Shock.

Lecko
30-09-03, 14:29
I think the only solution to this problem and the TH one is to carpet all HQ's with guards. Corner to corner. So you can't move. But in TH, replace the bots with something else like droms with tazers.

Seriously though, it is annoying. Almost exploiting really. "To be in a position where you use objects to block an attack due to poor AI" I thought that was exploiting or something. What about patrolling guards?

I've been in the NEXT HQ with all 6 lower guards crammed into the down lift tube and swanned right past them. They should move a little more intelligently perhaps...

ichinin
30-09-03, 14:41
Originally posted by Shockwave
There are people who want to roleplay through the game, and not get ganked every 5 minutes by some spotty 15-year old with too much time on his hands and an inferiority complex.

Hear hear!

What happened to the minimum age of 18 YO? Can we at least get a minimum 18 YO server?

I dont care if i get PK'ed because of a REASON, but i've met a few f*ckwads that kill noobs and leveled people for zero reason; They are even in the SAME frigging faction(!)

I saw a "fellow" tangent last night on Saturn that really pissed me off. Felt complelled to yank my LE out and zap the bastard out of existance - even with negative SL as a penalty, but by then that player would have been gone - Please reduce the LE yankout time to 30sec-1 minute and keep the 10 minute reinsertion time.

BJB
30-09-03, 14:56
Regardless of all that, just get rid of the LE chips...if there are exploits that let an LE'd char kill another non-LE'd char, AT LEAST untill they fix that get rid of LE chips. Not that it has happened to me, but people who do that are newbs, who need to have there LE yanked and then shot, IMO :D

Shockwave
30-09-03, 15:34
Originally posted by BJB
Regardless of all that, just get rid of the LE chips...if there are exploits that let an LE'd char kill another non-LE'd char, AT LEAST untill they fix that get rid of LE chips. Not that it has happened to me, but people who do that are newbs, who need to have there LE yanked and then shot, IMO :D

You don't buy a new car just because one of the windows are broken, you replace the window. It's not a case of ditching the LE entirely, the barrel exploit needs to be patched out of existance (Which may well have happened - someone in another thread mentioned it no longer works. If someone can confirm or deny this it would be appreciated please).

Shock.

Clownst0pper
30-09-03, 18:36
Keep it ingame.

Ahh another example of New Dawns ignorance, arrogance, and the whole hyprocrit 'vibe'

I see little difference between your ND players 'lvling' inside NCPD using an LE and the Mercs 'factioning' in TG.

Get over it.:o