PDA

View Full Version : Kk Whipe The Servers

Dead Bodies
29-09-03, 20:23
There is a GROWING PROBLEM amongst NEOCRON. It has almost always ben a problem. People who have thing THEY SHOULD NOT have things that wer ment to be gone in patches ... LIke prole with 800+ rares becasue when warbots dropped 5 at a time . and the all artifact wepons with xra damage .. the Xtra points that soem of you have in your skills (belive me i know i have it too) Everyon is beign cut short and cheated .. i will paste my other post here to say the rest for me...

Dead Bodies
29-09-03, 20:24
Heh you think a month is long you have gotten your stuff quick i have ben playing FOrever and a day and i still am not complete as are sooo many players out there .. there is 2 kinds of people in this economy .. ..1 (THE TAKER) The charactor who has everythign and everyone in the pal of his hand becasue he has everythign a simle man wants to get a single mc5 part and this charactor will milk him for all he's got even tho he has 20 of this single part Money and stuff is no value to him he has it all and is trying to screw everyone else.. 2 (THE SEARCHER) The Honest 9-5 workign man who farms his wb's and does his lvlign helps his caln and trys to be a good neocron citican (unless he's a tg,fa,cm then accordign to those factions) he works hard and trys to get the simple thigs he needs in life not trying to have it all and screw everyone else......

THE SERVERS NEED TO BE WHIPE PEOPLE HAVE STUFF THAT SHOULDNT EVEN BELOGN IN THE GAME ANYMORE AND HAVE 600... 800+ RARES AND SHIT FROM WHEN WARBOTS DROPED 5 AT A TIME LIKE I HAVE AN 5 SLOT ALL ARTIFACT CS NOT EVEN MODDED AND MY TANK HAS 20 EXTRA POINTS IN CON AND STR ON A GERMAN SERVER I SHOUDL NOT HAVE THAT THAT IS ALL FROM THE GAME BEIGN FUCKED UP AND TRYED TO BE FIXED ONCE MORE SEE THOSE ARE THE TYPE OF THIGS THAT SHOULD EB GONE THERE IS A CLAN ON PLUTO THAT HAS OVER 400 MILLON DOLLARS IN THE BANKS AND OVER 6,000 RARE ITEMS THIS IS ALL BULLSHIT ....(KK WHIPE ALL THE SERVERS LET US START A NEW) MOST OF YOU WILL EB INCREADLY UPSET ABOUT THIS POST BUT MOST WILL AGREE WITH ME DOY NEEDS TO COEM OUT NOW AND THE SERVERS NEED TO BE WHIPED WHEN IT COMES OUT SO EVERYONE CAN START A NEW BECASUE THERE ARE TONS OF PEOPLE OUT THERE WITH THE LITTLE THINGS THAT SHOULDNT BE HERE .....

As far as the rare drop goes They need to up it for high lvl players and all players i dotn want to kill 200 wb and not get a single part if i kill 200 wb's i want atleast 200 rare parts 1 for each kill!!!!!!

enablerbr
29-09-03, 20:26
if you insist on a SERVER WIPE debate. i suggest you also post a similar thread in the german forum aswell. inorder to get a wider view on it.

Nexxy
29-09-03, 20:26
go away...

Lethys
29-09-03, 20:27
I'm not even going to try reading what you just typed, but I get the general idea.

What you're trying to say is, because some people haven't been around since the start of retail, and therefore less items, the servers should be wiped?

Here's an idea, why doesn't KK reset the servers every time a new player joins? :rolleyes:

Hippieman
29-09-03, 20:28
KK is not going to whipe the servers. Just because people hunted warbies back then and worked hard for those 800+ rares doesnt mean it should be whiped. If you want the same ammount go out and freakin' hunt the bots or other rare dropping mobs yerself. And please next time clean up your grammer so I can freakin read the whole thing

Dribble Joy
29-09-03, 20:28
Have you heard of commas and the return key?

Seriously, go back and edit that massive chunk of text.

P.S. ranting won't get you any where.

Alex The Great
29-09-03, 20:29
If they whipe the Servers Alot of people will quit......

Dead Bodies
29-09-03, 20:29
Well i believe its the right thing .. people are thinkign that i am requestign a server whipe because im a noob and am poor etc etc .. i will be losing as much as you will in a server whipe i have 10's of millons i have hundreds of rares i have it all like i have said (well not it all) so i will lose out just as much as any one else if not more its just the right thng to do...

Dark Samurai
29-09-03, 20:30
WORST IDEA EVER!

\\Fényx//
29-09-03, 20:31
90% of the people who have put alot of effort into the game would leave..................................

so no

bugger off :p

Mattimeo
uhm, I just started retail about 2 months ago, I'm finally out of my struggling stage and into my comfortable fun stage, and you want to wipe me NOW?

no, no way. unless you want to replace all my stuff and money.

Alex The Great
Dude you don't seem to understand Server Whipe = Dead Neocron.

Dribble Joy
29-09-03, 20:33
Too much time and effort has been put in by players, simply to wipe it away to satisfy an supposed need for balance.
This idea is naiive, and such an irresponsible act by KK would destroy the game.

Stigmata
29-09-03, 20:34
HELL NO

If they did a wipe 95% of people who had been playing from start of retail would quit, simple as that.

Go play a brand new game instead then you can have a COMPLETLEY new start with no players having an advantage.

Personally i have put hunderds of hours into this game to get where i am now, i have 11 characters on 3 servers all above rank /50 i am not prepared to loose all that. if i was i would not have aplyed an mmorpg in the first place.

Andy

ben77890
wait a mo, u have 10s of millions and 100s of rares, and requesting a wipe? wake up and smell the loms, YOU WILL LOOSE IT ALL

Dead Bodies
No dude i do understand .. i KNOW A SERVER WHIPE WILL NEVER HAPPEN but i am puttign the idea out there you see what i have stated about my xtra points do you want to coem into battle with me with my xtra points wouldnt u consider that cheating ..(kk i dont care if you wipe dat charactor im just saying waht is right) if u came to fight with me and i had that edge?.... ^^ just sumthign to ponder .. i know if they whipe everyone would get pu^^y hurt and not want to play .. thats why it wont happen but people are already leaving for the same reason and others .. if doy dosent coem out soon many more will leave also.. (not me ^^ i LOVE this game ^^)

enablerbr
29-09-03, 20:35
BTW theres quite a few implants that seem not to drop ATM. i happen to have some of these (how selfish of me ). if you had a server wipe no one would have access to these cause of KKs current f***ed up loot tables.

Dead Bodies
29-09-03, 20:36
Dude i dont care if i lose it all its just a game they are itemas it is cr they will all come back with hard work but this way ill be even.....

Syntax-Error
I think what he means is:

THere are people with advantages cos they have stuff they got from bugs/expolits that no longer exsist :/

Dribble Joy
Besides, how would we get stuff again, with no money/equipement you want us to go punch luanchers with no armour or buffs?

Magnazan
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

Edit: a should read 'another'

Hippieman
29-09-03, 20:40
Originally posted by Dead Bodies
No dude i do understand .. i KNOW A SERVER WHIPE WILL NEVER HAPPEN but i am puttign the idea out there you see what i have stated about my xtra points do you want to coem into battle with me with my xtra points wouldnt u consider that cheating ..(kk i dont care if you wipe dat charactor im just saying waht is right) if u came to fight with me and i had that edge?.... ^^ just sumthign to ponder .. i know if they whipe everyone would get pu^^y hurt and not want to play .. thats why it wont happen but people are already leaving for the same reason and others .. if doy dosent coem out soon many more will leave also.. (not me ^^ i LOVE this game ^^)

Just wanted to ask, if people are leaving and as you say many more will if DOY doesnt come out, why the hell are their a bunch of newbies on all servers lately? And i dont mean low levels I mean pure 100% geniune newbies. If you do have a character that is overskilled report that to helpdesk or whatever asap since it can and im kinda hoping it will get you banned. If you knew this idea would never take off they why post it? All this has done is started the kindleing for a flame war. Nice move.

Dead Bodies
29-09-03, 20:40
How did you lvl your very first charactor ... did u have 6 other charactors to give him 5 millon dollars each and build im da bestest shit and to help him lvl da uberest .... NO you diddnt We all started out with a FREAKIN KNIFE in the swer and got ourselves to whee we are today... so doing that once again is not going to kill you.... ..*im just starting sum controversey ^^* Yeah like he said us with that edge with those "exploits" its fine if you want to keep keep me that way but dotn be crying and callign me a cheater ....

FBI
29-09-03, 20:41
got my DS made yesterday, took about a week and a half of off
and on mc5 trips. So yes, im lucky the mc5 batches had unique
ds parts each time, but still it's not like it took me forever :)

some screenies:

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/dimensionsplitter1.jpg

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/dimensionsplitter2.jpg

I think rares arn't a problem, it's people getting lazy.

FBI

Dead Bodies
29-09-03, 20:43
Nice job on gettign the DS :) I have already told kk abot my charactor they said we will roll back all points ... hummm ..errr .. NEVER HAPPENED!!! so dont complain to me ...

Hippieman
29-09-03, 20:44
How did you lvl your very first charactor ... did u have 6 other charactors to give him 5 millon dollars each and build im da bestest shit and to help him lvl da uberest .... NO you diddnt We all started out with a FREAKIN KNIFE in the swer and got ourselves to whee we are today... so doing that once again is not going to kill you.... ..*im just starting sum controversey ^^* Yeah like he said us with that edge with those "exploits" its fine if you want to keep keep me that way but dotn be crying and callign me a cheater ....

We all leveled our characters the same as you said, some people did have their first character started with 5 million+ credits. No its not controversey its a fucking flmae war that your starting and that aint good for you. Keep it up hope you get banned for doing this. If you havent reported this damn overskilled character yet then you are cheating. And please next time using some fucking grammar so people can read this insult to the english language post.

Dribble Joy
29-09-03, 20:47
ARG!!!.... just shut up!!

SHUT SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!!!!

I and all the people here has spent weeks probably of solid playing, working to attain what we have.
I have a larent barrel, a 3 slot judge, an SA, a filter 2 the list goes on.
Too much time has been put into this. I have paid to get the satisfaction that I have earned.
If the server s are wiped, then I WILL quit. So will the vast majourity of the people who play.

And I'm not going to get a knife and start killing spiders, if for some reason I do stay. Just go away.

Nidhogg
29-09-03, 20:48
If you have an over-skilled character (which I seriously doubt for a number of reasons) then you must report it at once. There are people who have been banned for exactly what you are doing.

N

Dead Bodies
29-09-03, 20:48

Barar
29-09-03, 20:49
I like ur post as I cant believe you though that as a serious idea :D

Maximilian
Stop whining. People worked for that shit. Rare parts are very easy to come by now too. The reason people have hundreds of parts is because they played a long time.

Wiping servers... Lol how funny.

/ Max

Dead Bodies
NIDHOG i already did months and months agai when i frist rought up this idea kk said they will rollback all my points and and let e re allocate them .. and they never did it ....

Yamota
29-09-03, 20:50
This is a common problem in many mmorps and the reason is lack of beta balance testing which is another thing that is common in mmorpgs.

The devs/publishers want some quick cash so they release an imbalanced game because they figure they will balance it later. But they dont realise that these kind of imbalances, that gave old players an edge over new players, will stay until they do some kind of wipe.

Really doesnt need to be a world wipe in this case, just a limited item wipe. But that may not be possible depending on how they have coded the game.

Hippieman
29-09-03, 20:50

Nevermind holy shit that was quick Nidhogg. Just hit quote and its already edited.

Dead Bodies
29-09-03, 20:51
Never mind nidhog the charactor is gone kk have already whiped it .. okay so now i dont have an edge but i still dont like the othes that have an edge:mad:

Zu (Pluto)
29-09-03, 20:53
Server wipe? You're joking right?

The guys who put more time into NC gets more. It's their reward for their investment. Sure, I get a little annoyed sometimes because I can't spend that amount of time (even if I have the inclination to) and therefore will never be able to match them for equipment or experience. But them's the breaks. You get what you put into the game.

And I tell you this - a server wipe will hurt us small-time players far more than it hurts the High and Powerful. Assuming they decide to stay playing NC, they have the manhours to become uber before I even log back on and start a new character. We small-timers, in the meantime, will probably give up in disgust if we have to go through the whole pain of getting what little we have again.

As for people taking advantage of changes in the patches, think about it. If they are hoarding all the rares, who cares? They're not in use. At most it gives them bragging rights. And if they are actually using their rare pool, I think you'll find these go to newer members joining their clans, etc. A tank can only use so many CSs at the same time!

If you think they can build rares faster, its not because they have pre-patch goodies but because they have the time AND inclination to go hunt/trade until they got their goodie. I've seen it - if you really want a rare built, you can do it in a week or less with little problem (faster if you're desparate and have the cash!).

If you want everything to be "fair", then I think you need to look for something that's not a MMORPG. UT2003, Quake, etc, are all "fair" in that you get the same thing regardless of experience. But in games like NC, those who have been longer and invest more _will_ be better and have more.

Yes they have an advantage. No it's not fair. That's life for you, and that's what RPGs try to simulate (sortof). If you want more, you have to work for it. (I can't be bothered myself, so I don't complain I don't have a DS, even though I really want one ;)).

In conclusion: You get as much as you put in.

Here endeth the lesson.

Zu

Dead Bodies
29-09-03, 20:54
see yamato has the idea maby not a complete whipe but somethign relativly close ... DUde maxamillon im nt whineing i have all i could ask for i just wanted it all to be fair for you all but seeimg as snow or the rekktor team has deleted the charactor already i have no edge but i can garentte there are plety othes out ther with the same i "had"

Hippieman
Never mind nidhog the charactor is gone kk have already whiped it .. okay so now i dont have an edge but i still dont like the othes that have an edge:mad:

This edge you talk about is the tens and hundreds and even thousands of hours of time people put into this game. Hard work should be rewarded with the ammount of items they got. If you want this supposed "edge" then do what other people and I have told you to do, do some fucking work.

Nidhogg
Never mind nidhog the charactor is gone kk have already whiped it .. okay so now i dont have an edge but i still dont like the othes that have an edge:mad: That would be one of the reasons I was thinking of earlier. ;)

N

Dribble Joy
29-09-03, 20:55

Didums.

Go out and 'undo' that edge. Besides, why should the fact someone got here before you, warrent a server wipe?

t3h greeneyed moster is alive and well.

Dead Bodies
29-09-03, 20:59
nidhog did u warent the deletion of the charactor or what ??. i am curious who deleted it ....

I HAVE PUT TENS OF THOUSANDS OF HOURS INT HIS GAME I HAVE ALL I NEED HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO POST THIS I AM NOT CRYIGN BECASUE I DONT HAVE WAHT I WANT I AM SIMPLY TRYING TO MAKE IT FAIR FOR OTHERS I COULD CARE LESS LET ME KEEP MY 300 MILLON AND MY 2,000 RARE PARTS LIKE U SAID "I HAVE WORKED HARD FOR IT SO I EARNED IT" FINE OKAY SO I EARNED IT ILL KEEP IT BUT SUM KIND OF SERVER WHIPE ISNT TOO BAD OF AN IDEA..

Dead Bodies
29-09-03, 21:06
nothing else to say anyone no more hatemail to send =..??? well if anyone accualy had soem good points of view i would be happpyyy to hear em either neg or pro to the whipe

Dribble Joy
29-09-03, 21:07
I would but I can't be arsed.

To everyone: Don't make any moe posts, let this sink into the sea of flame and spam threads below where it belongs.

Dead Bodies
29-09-03, 21:10
Lol if your scared of change ^^ its okay m8 yeah let the thred lie let it sink into your heads .. one day when the same shit happens to you you'll be the one posting it ...

Dribble Joy
29-09-03, 21:12
Dude, face it.

No-one wants this. Just drop it.

FirestarXL
29-09-03, 21:12
The community's opinion of such an action has already been gathered (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70207). As others have said, such an action would be commercial suicide, and is not going to happen. So is there any point rehashing old arguments, which is only going to turn into a flamefest anyway?

Oath
29-09-03, 21:13
you want to delete my chars, my hard earned rares, my hard earned exp, not only that but you want to do he same to my friends, not to mention everyone else..............................and can anyone think of a reason not to KOS?

Go home, if there was realy such a problem kk would have addressed it, have faith in the system.

if you fink your gettin cheated then dont bitch about it on forums, theres an email address somewhere for that, but given you want to take the short route i wont post it.

If the servers get wiped on purpose then i will quit, i dint have the time or patience to recap my chars, im not sure many people have.

If it happens due to a bug or some shit like that, then fair enough.

You any idea how hard it is to find a cs on your own?

Oh yeah.................KOS KOS

:wtf: H4X 8|

OZMO!!!!!

Dead Bodies
29-09-03, 21:15
^^ oh yeah ^^ Rember my name DEAD BODIES Try your luck man "luck" being the keyword here i am not being cheated god how many times do i have to say it i am trying to brign up an idea for the rest of yah

DartVader
29-09-03, 21:16
I HAVE PUT TENS OF THOUSANDS OF HOURS INT HIS GAME

learn math, there are only 8760 hours in one year ...

Dead Bodies
29-09-03, 21:17
LOL its a medaphore ham head .... Alright we have collect enough feedabck from this post nidhog or kk please close this post.....

KimmyG
29-09-03, 21:21
Whipe the servers I quit and cry to my credit card company. Plain and simple hours of work gone cause n00bs dopnt know how to farm, WB are shit and never really were that great for rares there was a small era when tech mobs were gold but that was for a short while hell I still can haul in 20 rares in an hour not hard, learn the game. Long term players will always have better and more stuff than old players wether it be UO,EQ,SB,DaoC not matter what whipe the servers every Year so all new players will have the same shit as old lon time players?

Whiety Bulger
29-09-03, 21:24
Server wipe=no
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - spam ]

Oath
29-09-03, 21:26
:rolleyes: oh yeah :rolleyes: Rember my name DEAD BODIES Try your luck man 'luck' being the keyword here, i am not being cheated, god how many times do i have to say it, i am trying to bring up an idea for the rest of you

First i fixed some errors.

I was gonna say something to you, that im sure everyone else would find interesting or agree with, but, it would be flaming, and im trying to stick to forum rules now :rolleyes: , so instead, ill say simply this.

If we wanted it, really wanted it, and 100% of the community agreed, then and only then would kk do it, as you can see, theMAJORITY don't want it, while the minority do,my suggestion, *insert witty comment here*.

Also, like firestarterXL said, the community have spoken, deal with it.

Nidhogg
29-09-03, 21:27
Closed at thread starter's request.

N