PDA

View Full Version : hoover my ass

shend
29-09-03, 16:20
so u got these scary looking hooverbombers/eyes. all 100+tl babies with *** to discourage most of us runners. it takes forever to get one down, u get hurt mightily and with a little bit o luck the bastard lands in a tree and is unhackable.

i finally managed to get 2 of these bigboys down and what's the loot? dick!
more junk than i can handle. i mean, most mobs give terrible loot because my battlerank is too high (67) but even these highlevels
give crap.

please make hunting rewarding for higherlevel players cos this is getting pathetic.

MjukisDjur
29-09-03, 16:24
the loot is fine (if you are below 45 rank :p )

sucks that high rank people get sheit loot

Siygess
29-09-03, 16:30
*puts the Dyson away*

Ahhh, you meant hover ;)

Still, you're absolutely right - if you are on your own, there is almost no point in trying to take one down because the reward isn't usually worth your time, let alone the risk. I had a fight with a hoverbomber once up at Emersons..took me about ten minutes of ducking in and out of cover, but at least trying to take it out was kinda fun :)

superfresh
29-09-03, 16:44
Rank affects drops? o_O

shend
29-09-03, 16:57
Originally posted by superfresh
Rank affects drops? o_O

they sure do
there was a time when i got nice loot from a hurler (bone enforcements etc). nowadays all i get is some booze to ease the pain and deformed teeth to replace the once i lost in battle.:p
if u pay attention u will also notice how the rewards decrease as your rank gets higher. launcher cyclops went down from over 1000 credits to a lousy 406 if lucky.
so the best thing to do, paradoxically, is to try and keep a low rank, which is impossible.

Ascension
29-09-03, 19:06
Originally posted by shend
so u got these scary looking hooverbombers

These?o_O

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/hooverbot.JPG

:lol: sorry was bored :lol:

Napalm82
29-09-03, 19:59
Originally posted by Ascention
These?o_O

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/hooverbot.JPG

:lol: sorry was bored :lol:

Aint that a frikkin Dust Buster or sumthing?

/Edit i would have written Vacum Cleaner, but i cant remember how to spell it /Edit8| o_O

LVirus
29-09-03, 21:50
In theory, closer your own rank is to mob, better loot you get. Was it back in beta4 when KK made that "if your rank is way below monsters rank, you aren't able to loot all you need, so in RP way, you didn't know what to take there. But if you were way too powerful compared to enemy, you destroyed all valuables there because of your devastating powers."

I think people gets more rare and loot from WB's and stuff with rank 70+

Ascension
29-09-03, 21:58
Originally posted by LVirus
In theory, closer your own rank is to mob, better loot you get. Was it back in beta4 when KK made that "if your rank is way below monsters rank, you aren't able to loot all you need, so in RP way, you didn't know what to take there. But if you were way too powerful compared to enemy, you destroyed all valuables there because of your devastating powers."

I think people gets more rare and loot from WB's and stuff with rank 70+

Yeh i think ths right cos as ur rank highers bones no longer drop in aggies

superfresh
29-09-03, 21:58
Originally posted by shend
they sure do
there was a time when i got nice loot from a hurler (bone enforcements etc). nowadays all i get is some booze to ease the pain and deformed teeth to replace the once i lost in battle.:p
if u pay attention u will also notice how the rewards decrease as your rank gets higher. launcher cyclops went down from over 1000 credits to a lousy 406 if lucky.
so the best thing to do, paradoxically, is to try and keep a low rank, which is impossible.

Ah I see. So it doesn't mean fewer rare parts & imps against high level mobs, etc.. (?)

Ascension
29-09-03, 21:59
Originally posted by Napalm82
Aint that a frikkin Dust Buster or sumthing?

/Edit i would have written Vacum Cleaner, but i cant remember how to spell it /Edit8| o_O

Yes it was look at post name "hoover my ass"

greploco
30-09-03, 02:28
I agree, there are some levels where the loot is really pretty discouraging, it's like you hit these massive "flat spots" where you can't even find stuff to sell for money

t0tt3
30-09-03, 12:44
Just look at the mob tag = gray = no loot at all

So green down to red are nice rest sucks :p

Shockwave
30-09-03, 12:54
From my observations it works like this: Take your Level and double it. That is the lowest rank of mob you will get decent drops from. Yes, this means once you're above Level 60 you basically get pretty much dick-all from WBs, very little from fire mobs, and sometimes something half-decent from full-on 120/120s if you're lucky.

Oh, and it's all a linear progression, too. It's like a straight-line graph that has the baseline moved when your level increases. And don't forget there's a random element to it too, before I get flamed to a crisp.

Shock.

Edit: An example with an 80/80 Warbot.
Runner level =<40, decent rare part drops, copious level 3 chips
Runner level 40-80, Progressively less and less worthwhile, with drop frequency falling away rapidly the higher you go.
Runner level >80, Hope you like bottles of Jack...

MjukisDjur
30-09-03, 13:17
Shock is on to something. Best description on loot reward yet :)

(got 2 tp:s from the same doomie yesterday though and im 52/58 or something so its not a rule...)

*hugs all nc doomies*

Wellard
30-09-03, 13:44
@ ascention - rotfl u made my dinnetime with that pic! :D nice one

@ shend - check ur spelling dood, but hooverbomber was funny, or did it toast u so quick u couldn't read it? :p

@ napalm82 - think u missed the point of ascention's post, or did I miss the sarcasm in urs? ;)

wot next copbutts in pepper? huge asses walking round? :cool: