PDA

View Full Version : Weapon mods - just not enough!

CrazyMan
29-09-03, 12:50
We need more damage boosting mods for all pistol/rifle/heavy weapons users. Ammo mod just doesn't compensate for not being able to have 120% artifact damage (like monk/laserblade users can get).

The best idea is to bring larent mods back into the game!

So Reaktok plz take this issue into account for the next patch!

cheers! :rolleyes:

Phönyx
29-09-03, 12:55
Everybody i know caps the dmg on all fire weapons with the specific skill, dont know what you want?:D

Or do you want to use HC,pistol and rifle on the same charakter?:D

ericdraven
29-09-03, 12:59
Yes, and while you are doing it - ammomods for monks please.

Can't wait for my "artifact ultimated enhanced xray Holy Lightning"

Lucjan
29-09-03, 13:11
Weapons have also other important stats besides damage. Rate of fire aka frequency or aim. For some weapons RoF is even more important then damage...

@eric
I hope you'll wait till the end of days ;P xray HL...arghh...

CrazyMan
29-09-03, 13:14
Originally posted by Phönyx
Everybody i know caps the dmg on all fire weapons with the specific skill, dont know what you want?:D

Or do you want to use HC,pistol and rifle on the same charakter?:D

Yes we all know that, on my 65lvl tank I easily cap dmg on CS with 114% perfect damage, but capping dmg on low-mid level characters is crap. This particulary affects spies, I have a spy 38/55 with 4 slot pulse laser rifle that was built with 89% of all stats, with only 1 dmg mod I get 100% damage on gun and it gives me only 129% damage with my skills, I even have SF in...

With additional dmg boosting mod I'd get much better damage. It'd be fine if those mods weren't sold in shops but obtained for killing specific mobs.

And ericdraven, plz keep that stuff to urself, monks are still overpowered, how on earth can it be explained that I can solo kill grim persecutor 110/110 with my 42/43 APU?!?!?! pure luck? no, it took me only a few minutes to accomplish...

ericdraven
29-09-03, 13:17
Originally posted by CrazyMan
And ericdraven, plz keep that stuff to urself, monks are still overpowered, how on earth can it be explained that I can solo kill grim persecutor 110/110 with my 42/43 APU?!?!?! pure luck? no, it took me only a few minutes to accomplish...
So what? And if you get an additional weaponmod then it will be easier for you to "solo a Persec"? :lol:

And btw - with a /40 rank EVERY class can solo a Persec.

CrazyMan
29-09-03, 13:26
Originally posted by ericdraven
So what? And if you get an additional ammomod then it will be easier for you to "solo a Persec"? :lol:

And btw - with a /40 rank EVERY class can solo a Persec.

Nah, it's impossible for my close range rifle only spy 42/42 (he has 5 slot gatlin rifle). And for /40 close range tank/PE it'd also be impossible in an open area. Only my long range spy could shoot Persec from far distance and run/run/run/run/run for 5-10 minutes.

ericdraven
29-09-03, 13:29
Originally posted by CrazyMan
Nah, it's impossible for my close range rifle only spy 42/42 (he has 5 slot gatlin rifle). And for /40 close range tank/PE it'd also be impossible in an open area . Only my long range spy could shoot Persec from far distance and run/run/run/run/run for 5-10 minutes.
I highlighted your "problem".

Don't tell me you can solo a Persec in an open area as /40 APU monk.

Void Dildano
29-09-03, 16:49
I think weaponmods could do more than the raising of stats.

Ammo capacity increase should come into the game eventually

Silencer could actually silence a bit more.
Also something that removes muzzle flame
or a spashreducer (or increaser).

These are just samples of what mods could do.

Also, I see no reason why mods couldn't increase quality above 120%?. Since there is a hard cap on the below the line stats why not let the above the line stats run "free"?

(also let slotenchancers work or rares again, with higher chance of failure or something to compensate) (or do they.. long time since I last checked)