PDA

View Full Version : New issues since before patch

trigger hurt
29-09-03, 06:29
KK, seriously...fix this stuff. For the love of God, fix it. These things have been there since long before the last patch but now they have become even more annoying cause they happen every 10 or 15 minutes.

How can you possibly justify not giving the players something when things like this keep happening? Are we still beta testing the client or what?

1- Zone crashes...been there, done that. It's getting old, please fix it.

2- Proxy Session error. wtf is this? No patch, all of a sudden, I start getting this error. Reinstall, still the same thing. To switch chars or switch servers, I have to close neocron, reboot most of the time then reopen neocron.

3- at around the same time (12:30EST), every night, if you crash, zone or log off, you get kicked back to the log in screen or to desktop. Then, when you try to relog, the client cycles through the chose server and the requesting char info screens...repeatedly for about 10 minutes. It's frickin annoying.

Rob01m
29-09-03, 08:50
No offense, but it's just simply not as easy as you make it sound, I mean, they can't change a line to "Zone Crashing = FALSE".

I'm sure they have been trying to iron out these bugs since the beginning, and hopefully one day they won't be around, but then again, what MMORPG is totally stable?

Mankind
29-09-03, 09:01
for problem #2...I went here and fixed it by going through the stuff...

http://www.neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=36

Not sure if it helps you but it helped me.

trigger hurt
29-09-03, 09:23
Originally posted by Rob01m
No offense, but it's just simply not as easy as you make it sound, I mean, they can't change a line to "Zone Crashing = FALSE".

I'm sure they have been trying to iron out these bugs since the beginning, and hopefully one day they won't be around, but then again, what MMORPG is totally stable?

This has been the excuse since early retail. Back in beta, the excuse was "This is beta, expect some bugs and report them". Well, I did. Everytime during beta when I crashed to desktop or FRE'd, I emailed the bug report with the callstack logs.

Check the patch notes. When was the last time the patch notes said "Fixed bug that effects loss of sync with world server" or "Fixed bug that caused frequent crashes to desktop" or "Found bug that causes FRE"?

Never.

@ Mankind, yeah, I tried all that. Nothing was wrong with my INI files. Infact, my configuration hasnt changed since early retail because that issue has been around for that long. Much like the patcher bug where patch 160 causes the patcher to crash and burn, making the paying customer have to find a workaround, instead of just fixing it now and being done with it.

Crest
29-09-03, 09:34
What is becoming a problem is the no name PE thing... We go hunting and zone... Mobs take out members of hunting party. I can rezz all except the PE who is not a real PE...

And the other thing..... When you logon you are someone else ? Whats with that.... I was Jenny jones for a while, who the hell calls their char Jenny Jones. I had my same inv but Jenny Jones was the name. I know this cause I had my second PC on, Zonned it and came back, and Jenny Was still giving lots of loving....

Jenny Jones the Saturn Care Bear