PDA

View Full Version : Forum search...

Omni X
29-09-03, 01:44
Can the search routine be changed to ALLOW for 3 letter words to be searched. PPU and APU are big words/abrev. here and I'd like to be able to search for them, but right now I can't because they are under the 4 letter length, that is currently required.

And yes wildcards can be used, but to me that seems like it would be even less efficient than allowing 3 letter word searches.

Thanx.

Shujin
29-09-03, 01:46
and PA

Nidhogg
29-09-03, 01:50
We're waiting for an answer to this question. There's very little (read "no chance") of it going down to 2 letters though. Lowering the minimum search length from 4 to 3 letters would add around 25% to the size of the indexes, so we'll have to see...

N

Shujin
29-09-03, 01:59
Originally posted by Nidhogg
We're waiting for an answer to this question. There's very little (read "no chance") of it going down to 2 letters though. Lowering the minimum search length from 4 to 3 letters would add around 25% to the size of the indexes, so we'll have to see...

N i luv j00se

wolfwood
29-09-03, 02:05
yeah i agree it makes me so mad when i try to search for spy or dex . We really need to change that.

Shujin
29-09-03, 02:07
http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/40507nid.gif

Nidhogg
29-09-03, 02:15
You won't be saying that the next time I bust you for, say, posting spam pictures or something. :p

N

Shujin
29-09-03, 02:22
Originally posted by Nidhogg
You won't be saying that the next time I bust you for, say, posting spam pictures or something. :p

N >.< *suddenly remembered 1 word post rule* ;o

yea i think this thread is very good 8| ....

Photcron
29-09-03, 03:46
Aww plus he screwed my avatar ... puh o_O

Shujin
29-09-03, 03:49
Originally posted by Photcron
Aww plus he screwed my avatar ... puh o_O heh well everyone kept callin meh a girl ;|

and i didnt screw it ;D look at it ;D teh kewl spyhead i made ;] ps. where teh hell u been, havent seen u since begining of retail

Photcron
29-09-03, 03:53
Hehe, yeah I know, I just came on the forum today and LOOK
what I see ... my poor COPBOT avatar tortured! :eek:

Anyhow, anything new forum wise =D?
Wonder if those avatar threads are still goin'

Shujin
29-09-03, 04:01
Hehe, yeah I know, I just came on the forum today and LOOK
what I see ... my poor COPBOT avatar tortured! :eek:

Anyhow, anything new forum wise =D?
Wonder if those avatar threads are still goin'
yea ;D i had an idea for a modification forum, MJS liked it and opened it, its for modding neocron

maybe u can make some nice ones

Photcron
29-09-03, 04:05
Ohh! cool! though I dont consider avatars a modification.
Whoa that winning banner from that contest is elite. We have
new talent on the forums I see.

Have I been ... *gasp* replaced! *faints*

Mankind
29-09-03, 04:06
I made a post like this a couple months ago. I'd like to see a lower limit on the number of characters too.

Shujin
29-09-03, 04:08
Ohh! cool! though I dont consider avatars a modification.
Whoa that winning banner from that contest is elite. We have
new talent on the forums I see.

Have I been ... *gasp* replaced! *faints* didnt mean avatars, i mean just makin gfx, if u can do avatars u can do skins ;/ i cant even do avatars ;P

Photcron
29-09-03, 04:11
Ah, cool stuff, you can reskin em now! ...

Shujin
29-09-03, 04:11
Ah, cool stuff, you can reskin em now! ... always been able to, ppl jus didnt try

ericdraven
29-09-03, 09:30
If the size of the index is such a big issue, why not let 4 chars minimum but manually add some very common words to the search-index (like APU, PPU, STR, CON, PSI, PA, PE, .... ).