PDA

View Full Version : Godmode in Pepper

KimmyG
28-09-03, 20:02
WTF is this I run into pepper and get blaized buy an untargetable PE like holy fucking shit this is the only fucking game on the planet that would allow a fucking godemode like bug to last for anymore than1 day.

My question is where does the 10$ a month go?

Advertisement is shit so I doubt much was spent there
Servers are lagged and bugged to shit
Half the fucking staff doesn't get paid

What do you have 2 paid guys on the dev team so to fix a serious bug takes week WTF is this bullshit new patch come no new shit really yet all I have gotten from it is hours apon hours wasted running around the desert.

New patch what have I gotten from it me being blaized by someone I cant target.

Oath
28-09-03, 20:04
Originally posted by KimmyG
WTF is this I run into pepper and get blaized buy an untargetable PE like holy fucking shit this is the only fucking game on the planet that would allow a fucking godemode like bug to last for anymore than1 day.

My question is where does the 10$ a month go?

Advertisement is shit so I doubt much was spent there
Servers are lagged and bugged to shit
Half the fucking staff doesn't get paid

What do you have 2 paid guys on the dev team so to fix a serious bug takes week WTF is this bullshit new patch come no new shit really yet all I have gotten from it is hours apon hours wasted running around the desert.

New patch what have I gotten from it me being blaized by someone I cant target.

Chill.

They cant find the bug that causes it.

They already had a patch on test server that didint solve it.

Relax, all in due time (hopefully monday morning :rolleyes: )

KimmyG
28-09-03, 20:05
I dont care and im not gonna relax no other mmorpg would allow something like that to go on for this long inciviblity bug they would have there crew of PAID WORKERS on it 24/7.

Here is the goodness I enjoyed in pepper today

1st attempt Go in blaized from behind by someone I cant touch

2nd attempt go in owned by smokeyj legit so I log on my friends account to rez myself and it takes me 10 mins to get from via 3 to plaza 3 1st I get a sync bug then when I come back get a mouse 2 use button bug then I have to relog cause I cant see myself by then belt is gone

3rd attempt go in fatal come back with 10 stacks of poision on me.
rez and thats it my day is done.

Oath
28-09-03, 20:10
I dont care and im not gonna relax no other mmorpg would allow something like that to go on for this long inciviblity bug they would have there crew of PAID WORKERS on it 24/7.

fair nuff.

Relax :lol: :lol: :lol:

personally i wouldnt work weekends again, i dont expect anyone else to either. even if it is a shitty assed bug.

Keiron
28-09-03, 20:11
Here's an idea. You know the bug is happening - yet you stand in PP? The people can still be targeted, just their name doesn’t show. Why not just avoid PP if it’s such a problem for you?

KimmyG
28-09-03, 20:12
Originally posted by Oath
personally i wouldnt work weekends again, i dont expect anyone else to either. even if it is a shitty assed bug.

work like that should=lots of overtime pay so I would work my ass off but seeing as most dont get minnium wage let alone overtime way would hence long long fix.

LTA
28-09-03, 20:43
Originally posted by Keiron
Here's an idea. You know the bug is happening - yet you stand in PP? The people can still be targeted, just their name doesn’t show. Why not just avoid PP if it’s such a problem for you?

bearing in mind that pvp is a CORE element of neocron i would've thought have invincible players would've been priority fix like everything on hold till it's fixed...or some kinda temp roll back of the patching....

Avoid pp then what?
Stand a safe zone for the day a patch comes because randomly you get godmode....
o_O

KimmyG
28-09-03, 20:45
Originally posted by LTA
bearing in mind that pvp is a CORE element of neocron i would've thought have invincible players would've been priority fix like everything on hold till it's fixed...or some kinda temp roll back of the patching....

I say rollback till it can be fixed

so far no xry bones
no PA
no terminator run
A few have found kami chips and not to many are to pleased with them.

Keiron
28-09-03, 20:48
It’s to late for a rollback, think of how many people would lose the rare parts they have farmed all weekend. Just accept the bug and deal with it. It will get fixed, I have enough faith in KK not to let this one slide (unlike their promise’s to add neutral Gen-reps). The nameless PE's can still be targeted, so it's no huge difference.

KimmyG
28-09-03, 20:52
Originally posted by Keiron
PE's can still be targeted, so it's no huge difference.

Really I didn't seem to be targeting him. I know it will get fixed thats not the prob the problem is it taking a week to get done

Shadow Dancer
28-09-03, 20:53
The recticle or crosshair doesnt show, but if you click on them you will still hit them.

LTA
28-09-03, 20:54
Really I didn't seem to be targeting him. I know it will get fixed thats not the prob the problem is it taking a week to get done

hehe same here when i tried to pass my rares back to my disguised apu monk

KidWithStick
28-09-03, 20:54
yea, you can still hit and kill them, you just cant see there health, or the ret, or any red numbers going up...its easier with a monk since you dont need a ret.

der Ed
28-09-03, 21:41
You don't even know what you're attacking. Could be neutral or friend. :)

JiNxY
28-09-03, 23:45
ages and ages ago, Ghost PE's used to drop from the sky, with one of the last patches 186? maybe i think, they came back!!

default skinned PE's dropping from the sky... now theyre taking over!!!! i think if they can see how they got rid of the ghost PE's before, it would go a long way to removing this new bug, its GOT to be connected

Drake6k
28-09-03, 23:49
Ok so how do I turn on the godmode bug? :D

Vampire222
29-09-03, 00:08

Here is the goodness I enjoyed in pepper today

1st attempt Go in blaized from behind by someone I cant touch

2nd attempt go in owned by smokeyj legit so I log on my friends account to rez myself and it takes me 10 mins to get from via 3 to plaza 3 1st I get a sync bug then when I come back get a mouse 2 use button bug then I have to relog cause I cant see myself by then belt is gone

3rd attempt go in fatal come back with 10 stacks of poision on me.
rez and thats it my day is done.

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ] if you cant pvp why u go into pp?

BlackPrince
29-09-03, 01:05
Originally posted by Vampire222
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ] if you cant pvp why u go into pp?

Maybe you missed it Vamp, but this has nothing to do with skill (something you shouldn't be commenting on anyway). Its about people abusing a bug that makes them invulnerable. Just to make it more fun have the bastards you can't even target to begin with.

Sorry, you can target them, just nothing shows up including IFF. Whoopee!

KimmyG
29-09-03, 01:13
Originally posted by BlackPrince
Maybe you missed it Vamp, but this has nothing to do with skill (something you shouldn't be commenting on anyway). Its about people abusing a bug that makes them invulnerable. Just to make it more fun have the bastards you can't even target to begin with.

Sorry, you can target them, just nothing shows up including IFF. Whoopee!

Its not anyone abusing a bug I ahev gotten this bug myself for myself its no ones fault it just happens nothign you can do about onyl way to stop it is to fix it.

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

extract
29-09-03, 01:54
Originally posted by der Ed
You don't even know what you're attacking. Could be neutral or friend. :)

heres a good bit of advice: if theyre shooting you theyre probably youre enemy...

Trillian
29-09-03, 03:25
Here is another piece of advice...

Kimmyg - If you would use capitalization, punctuation, and try to avoid not correcting your typos, people would take your posts more seriously. Right now they are very hard to read and understand.

Syntax-Error
29-09-03, 04:10
i see her point tho.. the bugs are getting out of hand. if KK are struggling to handle it with there 2 coders.. hire some more.

and whoever it was who said just stay out of PP.. bulshit

So bcos of a bug we all stop doing PvP ..

hell Neocron is bugged lets stop using it

Hell the internet is bugged to fuck. lets stop using it

Hell PCs are bugged to fuck.. lets stop using them

hell there are bugs IRL. stop living.

KimmyG
29-09-03, 06:00
Originally posted by Trillian
Here is another piece of advice...

Kimmyg - If you would use capitalization, punctuation, and try to avoid not correcting your typos, people would take your posts more seriously. Right now they are very hard to read and understand.

Here is a tip I might listen to ur post if you had something more to your life then running thru my post with a spell checker ok

Here is my point PE no target pisses me off and needs to be fixed ok this isn't grammercron who cares if you cant get my post take some reading english leasons lots of others seem to.

Richard Slade
29-09-03, 10:07
Originally posted by Syntax-Error
i see her point tho.. the bugs are getting out of hand. if KK are struggling to handle it with there 2 coders.. hire some more.

and whoever it was who said just stay out of PP.. bulshit

So bcos of a bug we all stop doing PvP ..

hell Neocron is bugged lets stop using it

Hell the internet is bugged to fuck. lets stop using it

Hell PCs are bugged to fuck.. lets stop using them

hell there are bugs IRL. stop living.

Well if u just wanna whine about the bugs avoid until solved
"Oh I keep getting killed! Fix it !! Now! I don't give shit about your life! Fix it fix it! I aint gonna tell how but you better do it!!"
FFS is this some damn relationship?!
Damn women

"Hell NC is bugged at some parts, let's avoid it until fixed

Hell internet is bugged to fuck, let's not go to those pages

Hell PCs are bugged to fuck, let's not do what causes it

Hell there are bugs IRL. Stop involving urself into shitty situations"

El Barto
29-09-03, 10:13
i haven't had that problem in a fight yet, but I have thought about it, if it happened to me, I'd be screwed, I won't know who they are so dunno if they are an enemy, so should I shoot first or not, and I won't even be able to target them to. Not happened to me in a fight yet, but I'd be pissed if it did.

Lexxuk
29-09-03, 15:10
Ideal solution, just pretend they are PPU monks, then you can think "ohh, natural god mode" :D Actually, its not happened to me, cause I have a PPU monk for one, and number 2, my phone line is screwed.

But then, thats where the difference between KK and my telco and someone elses telco comes in. An analogy between the three...

Line fault, lots of noise, ADSL dropping...

KK's line - we'll fix it eventually, probably in 3 or 4 patches, well, ok, we'll give you a hotfix that dont fix it, but still, one day we'll get there. Oh, and thats all the info you'll get!

Other Telco (waves @ bob) - Sure, we'll fix it, but we'll charge you for the honour.

My Telco - Ok, we can get an engineer out to you, between 8:30 and 10am? Engineer comes, about 9am, spends a few hours at the exchange, comes my place, plays with the wires, leaves at about 11:30. Noise is still there, get a call from the Teclo "ya, there is a problem on the line, we have identified and repaired it, we do apologise" still line noise, phone up "oi, fix it" "we will check the line and call you back" "ahh, we found a fault, it will be fixed by tomorrow, any more problems call us back". Oh, and this is all included in the monthly fee. So, we have an engineer, a Broadband engineer, 3 other people at the service station etc.. etc.. a fair few people, a lot of information, and me knowin that my line will be fixed by tomorrow.

Maybe my Telco should buy NC, at least they keep you informed about things.

Jesterthegreat
29-09-03, 15:35
Kimmy? out of curiosity do you believe they just have to delete the lines '/set_godmode 1' and '/set_defaultskin 1'?

they may be working on it? stop to think about that?

not flame... common sense

NC Junkie

Valmur
29-09-03, 15:38
Stop whining and go suck your thumb. I have been in several game projects, yes you guessed it, coding them. Coders are never "perfect" with content. Bugs will get fixed when they are found. KK is doing just fine. I don't believe they're sucking thumbs just as you are right now.
If you know nothing about bug-tracking yourself, mate, try it! Start programming and finding bugs and fixing them in seconds!

Useless post I say ^^

MjukisDjur
29-09-03, 15:52
There is a post regarding this, did you try removing that text entry that possibly cause this?

edit:

Go into net.ini and look for "set net_playerdrdist", dissable it by putting a ; infront

KimmyG
29-09-03, 16:46
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
Kimmy? out of curiosity do you believe they just have to delete the lines '/set_godmode 1' and '/set_defaultskin 1'?

they may be working on it? stop to think about that?

not flame... common sense

NC Junkie

NO I know its a hard fix but 1 week to fix a serious common bug therre just dam lucky they got a tollerent player base hell SB had a connectivity bug that hit them for 1 day 2-3 times for wich they gave free play time but even with that a very very large clan quit over bitched to there credit card companys and got a lotta therre money back.

BlackDove
29-09-03, 16:57
Is pepper park, like, the only place that this game has? And deserts to run through?

I don't know, I do so much more when I'm online.

KimmyG
29-09-03, 17:01
Originally posted by BlackDove
Is pepper park, like, the only place that this game has? And deserts to run through?

I don't know, I do so much more when I'm online.

Pepper was my example I have had this bug at MB,TH,Gabanium its not the lethal pepperpark bug.

Doc Holliday
29-09-03, 19:01
me too man at the batqueen caves the other night lol. 4 of us got taken out cos we didnt know what the fuck was goin off just a pe runnin around like a nutter. it sucks and it needs fixing or how the fuck are we gonna pvp and do opfights if we risk " blue on blues " o_O

joran420
29-09-03, 19:34
they are very killable u just dont know if its freind or foe....you wont get a hitbox but if u aim at their torso u can hit them just fine