PDA

View Full Version : Lag Is The Death Of Me

Genty
28-09-03, 18:22
This is getting frustraiting now, look at the screenshots below

http://home.clara.net/dorothygent/lag.jpg

http://home.clara.net/dorothygent/lag2.jpg

Look at the distance between where the server thought i was and where I actually was. Damn lag spike strikes again and I die because of it. This was AFTER the Saturn "lag fixing" reboot. I died 3 times today, all due to goddamn lag. I had full health and was behind that hill then boom, I am dead in a blink of an eye.

This is bullshit, and is really starting to piss me off, sort out the servers because at the moment they are un-playable.

I can live with crashes every 30 mins, I can even live with the occasional sync out, but constant lag with giant lag spikes make this game impossible.

QuantumDelta
28-09-03, 18:36
Originally posted by Genty
I can live with crashes every 30 mins, I can even live with the occasional sync out, but constant lag with giant lag spikes make this game impossible.

I know what you're sayin, I wrote a thread about this a while back, it hasn't really disappeared as a problem...but I've given up trying to get it fixed.....kinda just live with my 5000% random ping increases... -_-

Dribble Joy
28-09-03, 18:38
Dial up = t3h suxx0r

Mind you, with a 1 Mb cable line I don't seem to get lower than 30 ping :(

QuantumDelta
28-09-03, 18:40
I got 25ish ping normally, that's damned good considering what a planetary 'cron server is/does...
however you work out what the 5000% ping increase is (that wasn't actually an exagerated figure...).

Random Lag Spikes = t3h l053..

Dribble Joy
28-09-03, 18:42
Supose sharing said line with 4 other people don't help much.
Or the fact it's from blue yonder.

Genty
28-09-03, 18:42
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Dial up = t3h suxx0r

Mind you, with a 1 Mb cable line I don't seem to get lower than 30 ping :(

I would'nt mind as much if has been a problem from the begining, but it has'nt, when i first started playing, only when Pluto was reaching 600+ did lag like this happen. Now on Pluto and Saturn it ALWAYS bloody happens no matter how many people are online at the time.

Frustraiting.

QuantumDelta
28-09-03, 18:45
Uranus too.
I really think it's on every server.

DJ - There's zippo wrong with 30 ping from a server like crons o_O

Infact, 30 ping is damn low for most any games.....

Oath
28-09-03, 19:29
Yup agree with Qd, im on 56k dialup, i make no-excuses for PVP lag death, shit happens, but neocron has some of the best netcoding ive seen in game it more than compensates for my 56k :rolleyes: so i dont really have that many issues with lag, sometimes i get a ping of 4000 though, and thats annoying, compared to my standard 300 :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

OMZO.

Dribble Joy
28-09-03, 20:36
Heh, I still forget that internet pings aren't like LANs.
Fisrt year at Uni, playing CS, a bad ping was like 7.

Kaden
29-09-03, 00:21
Poor Blueyonder, leave it alone. I use Bluyonder broadband and its uber :D

Constant 50 ping (except for the lag spikes)

Omnituens
29-09-03, 00:26
im on 150K NTL.

ping of 50 - 80 normally in NC

pings of 10-40 in HL based (before 'steam') games. it was like seeing the future :lol:

Tycho C
29-09-03, 03:46
Florida USA
ADSL 750k (downgraded for a couple of months, shit's rediculusly expensive)
220 - 230 ping is normal

Same #'s in DoD. Going by that, If I still had my 1mb DSL it would still only be about 180 ping...:(

People complain about high ping inthe 200s.... should feel lucky:mad:

Keiron
29-09-03, 03:57
Considering I do the Atlantic Hop on the way to the Cron Servers, my 130 ping isn't bad. However I agree, when my ping jumps to 2,000 and holds for 5+ min it's a little much. I have never seen lag spikes that hold like that in any game - MMORPGs, FPS, RPG, anything!