PDA

View Full Version : Ingame Collectable neocron Artwork for each item.

Benjie
28-09-03, 10:07
There is too much similar artwork in Neocron, even after the new artwork was added recently. 3 different variations of a weapon should not all look identical on the 2d picture. All rares should have a uniqe 2d icon so it would mean somthing to collect them all.

So then there would be a reason to collect a lot of the items in Neocron and it would make the Vendors inventory look a lot more satisfying.

Here are some examples of things that can change. I have also suggeted some renames for some of the weapons as some are a bit crap and some havn't got names yet.

Unlabled -item- (would keep same 2d icon artwork)
Standard -item- (easyer to refere to) (new 2d artwork of item from a different angle and with a label)
Tangent -item- (Tangent Logo on Label for 2d picture)
Cursed Soul - New 2d Artwork
Silent Hunter - New 2d Artwork
Judge - New 2d Artwork
Liberator - New 2d Artwork
Devils Grace - New 2d artwork
Vein Ripper - new 2d artwork
Electric Tempest - new 2d artwork
Pain easer - New 2d artwork
First love - nw 2d artwork
Judgement Day Launcher - new 2d artwork
Rare weapons - new 2d artwork
Brass Knuckle-Dusters (same 2d picture)
Gold Knuckle-Dusters (would need a 2d picture change)
Spiked Knuckle-Dusters (would need a 2d picture change)
Laserblade
Laserblade MKII (new 2d artwork for the variation)
Laser Saber
Laser Saber MKII (nw 2d artwork for the variation)
Double-edged Sword
Titanium Double-edged Sword (new 2d artwok)(more melee weapons are being added) (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74216)
Antique Double-edged Sword
Beggar Electroshocker > Low Wattage Safety Shocker (because not all noobies are beggers)
Standard Electroshocker
Vehicle Component Part 1 - Change 2d picture to a resistor
Vehicle Component Part 2 - Change 2d picture to a some fluid
Vehicle Component Part 3 - Change 2d picture to some Fluid
Vehicle Component Part 4 - Change 2d picture to some wire
Vehicle Component Part 5 - Change 2d Picture to some fluids
Vehicle Component Part 6 - Change 2d Picture to some wire
Vehicle Component Part 7 - Change 2d Picture to a bar
Vehicle Component Part 8 - Change 2d picture to a small moter
Vehicle Component Part 9 - Change 2d Picture to a small moter
Vehicle Component Part 10 - Change 2d picture to a Boxed Item
Reezas Irata Power Snack - Change picture to make it look unique from milkey ren

Dark Samurai
28-09-03, 10:10
I would like to see more 3d models for things that would make it more itresting than 5 od the same gun with diferent dammage
ex. medicant smg/street model uzi/s337/rappidfire/lib

if that would be to hard perhaps new models for rares :)

Heavyporker
28-09-03, 10:11
Guys, put this up on the modifications forum and see what you get.

Benjie
28-09-03, 10:14
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Guys, put this up on the modifications forum and see what you get.
A closed thread?

I would like to see more 3d models
That would be nice, but the fps tradeoff would be too big.

QuantumDelta
28-09-03, 10:15
For most of that I wouldn't mind too much....(...as long as they were improvements)
however, @ Vehical comp parts / etc.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Any CSTer/BRTer/Researcher - whatever, who uses parts on a regular basis will preach how much of a blessing the parts are as they are now, uniform within their set.

Heavyporker
28-09-03, 10:19
QD's right about the item parts. One EXPECTS them to be uniform... and the color coding is a boon.

Benjie
28-09-03, 10:22
Originally posted by Heavyporker
QD's right about the item parts. One EXPECTS them to be uniform... and the color coding is a boon.
Okay I see your point, and not being a constructor I have no ground to argue on so I completely agree. :) But Heavyporker don't you like the idea that all your rare items would all look great? To be honest I can imagine the 2D artwork to be a tad over the top on rare items. Very "graphical" and detailed. A lot of exadurations. Somthing colourfull that really could resemble a peice of colectable artwork. Or it could be up to the developers to decide what to draw. I hope they become inspired by this thread and go off doing what they love best. :rolleyes: :)

Dark Samurai
28-09-03, 10:31
"That would be nice, but the fps tradeoff would be too big."

diffrence between 20 and 15 ist that bad :P

Kasumi
28-09-03, 11:02
I could change the vehicle parts.. and stuff.. atleast the 2D icons.. but i doint see a point to it.. because the 3D models will look completely different to the 2D Icons.. -_-* if that makes any sense ;)

Forseti
28-09-03, 11:03
Originally posted by Benjie
A closed thread?
Yes, indeed.
Unless you post some new 2d weapon designs with them.

Mighty Max
28-09-03, 11:04
*points to http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74671*

Easy to make ItemGFX. (OK not as easy as i want it to be, but hey)

And its pretty easy to share those changes with friends/the community by install scripts.

Heavyporker
28-09-03, 11:55
yes, I agree, good looking superiors would rock, and many things could do with betetr gfx...

Benjie
29-09-03, 00:35
When I was a Tank, I went mad trying to collect _all_ of the melee rare weapons. I just wanted them because I thought they where "quaint". Yes even the Electric Tempest.

So you can see where I am coming from. It would be nice to have 1 of every rare weapon in your appartment(s) before you start selling off the parts.

You could become a true collecter.

But the think that really gets me is the fact that the Neocron Artists at reakktor could go nuts making these beutiffully designed rare weapon icons, and some Nice Spiked Knuckles, or whatever. Any official replies to be expected in this thread?

Ren
29-09-03, 00:59
Reezas Irata Power Snack - Change picture to make it look unique from milkey

Its spelt Milky Ren, YOU BASTARD.....................some people have no respect :P

(j/k)

Benjie
29-09-03, 02:42
Originally posted by Ren
Its spelt Milky Ren, YOU BASTARD
OMG Psycho! It's just a milkey ren dude! No need to get in a Tangent!

Zokk
29-09-03, 02:45
Hell... I would be happy if you could tell the difference between phosphor and uranium, x-heated and radioactive, and all the other different ammo types.

Benjie
29-09-03, 11:02
Originally posted by Zokk
Hell... I would be happy if you could tell the difference between phosphor and uranium, x-heated and radioactive, and all the other different ammo types.
That would be kinda sweet actually. Colour coded dots at the bottom of the icon that represent what damage it does. It already gives you this information anyway but anybody in a clan looking for a fire modded weapon/whatever will probabally appriciate this. Black dot for Peircing damage, brown for force, pink for psy, green dot for poison, red for fire, white for energy and blue for xray. Also a + for damage mod, * for light, I for scope, / for silecer, a - for range mod, and a > for rate of fire mod.

Handy because instead of having a: "Cooled Xheated Enlarded Enlarged Tangent Plasma cannon with a flashlight constructed by Random Fatass"that you can guarantee to never read in the title, you would be able to shortcut it with this:"...++*"
It would be very lazy but handy. =)