PDA

View Full Version : fusion weapons problem

iainy13
28-09-03, 08:59
K i noticed a problem with fusion pistols and rifles. First fusion rifles dont have an aoe. They just hit one target and dont affect any others in an area. Maybe its supposed to. Fusion pistols dont have an aoe either. And they dont do more dmg at range. They say they do in the discription. Tried em both myself. Anyone else notice this? Also if any of u mods out there happen 2 c this an not another thread bout a diff pistl u may wanna read http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76973

QuantumDelta
28-09-03, 09:15
Originally posted by iainy13
K i noticed a problem with fusion pistols and rifles. First fusion rifles dont have an aoe. They just hit one target and dont affect any others in an area. Maybe its supposed to. Fusion pistols dont have an aoe either. And they dont do more dmg at range. They say they do in the discription. Tried em both myself. Anyone else notice this? Also if any of u mods out there happen 2 c this an not another thread bout a diff pistl u may wanna read http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76973
Nor do most other pistols...or rifles...... o_O infact only plasma versions and the rocket pistol...?

iainy13
28-09-03, 09:17
I guss i should have said the fusion cannons do AOE. So just makes sense for the rifles an pistols 2 aswell.

infact only plasma versions and the rocket pistol...?

I am kinda tired but what do u mean by that.

QuantumDelta
28-09-03, 09:22
Fusion Cannons.
Plasma Cannons.
Raygun Cannons.
Rocket Launchers.

All have AoE to varying degrees.

Plasma Rifles.

Has an AoE effect of sorts.

Plasma Pistols.
Rocket Pistols.

Have AoE effects of sorts.

Raygun Rifles and Pistols
Fusion Rifles and Pistols

They're intended to work with reticle lock and therefore don't have AoE, the same as Pierce Weaons, Laser Weapons and (what was it..? ahh yes) Plasma Wave Types for Tanks.

iainy13
28-09-03, 09:26
ack ok i guss om wrong about they should be having aoe. But im still right about there being a bug where dmg for pistol fusion dousent increase over distance. Also i didnt know any plasma wep had any aoe. Must be real small.

QuantumDelta
28-09-03, 09:32
It's not a "hit the ground and boom" AoE.

It's a "can hit without being totally locked and therefore do damage" AoE heh.

CS "suffers" from this noticibly...

OTIS
28-09-03, 12:48
tanks specialize in big area damage so it makes sense to me why cannons/tanks would do area...btw what is AoE i forgot.

Rade
28-09-03, 13:28
AoE means area of effect, which is a military term for a place which has been hit by an artillery weapon. Weapons that can damage an area is refered to as AE weapons, "area effect weapons". Now, the people who started using these terms in computer games were obviously never in the military so nowadays weapons that affect an area are called AoE weapons, should be just "AE" tho *shrug*. Congratulations, one more useless fact taking up space in yer head..

Dribble Joy
28-09-03, 13:32
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
CS "suffers" from this noticibly...

More like a full blown case of the plague, if you ask me....