PDA

View Full Version : Story Idea: NEXT respond to locked GR's with a new faction building in central WL.

Benjie
28-09-03, 06:30
For some time now, N.E.X.T. have been loosing funds on vehicles due to gene replicators. With this new oppertunity of runners complaining about locked gr's, N.E.X.T. begins work on a full service garage out in the Central Wastelands.
This garage is fully featured with a Gene Replicator, (that is open for anybody to use) a few miles of proper road in the close vacinity, (Street Lamps included) a service shop selling fuel, ammo for tanks and jeeps, snacks and treats at the caffaterria.
The project is Sponcered by City Admin who normally wouldn't aprove of the idea. What convinced them was the desire to bring in the more civilised people of the wastelands so they do not convert to the Dome of York Army.
City Admin have placed several S.T.O.R.M. bots around the garage to protect the project from those who would want to destroy it. Namely Unknown Wasteland Raiders and Anarchy Breed.
City admin have also paid for the work area to be sealed off from the outside untill the facility is completed, using tecknologically advanced fencing. They have also placed a number of S.T.O.R.M. bots inside the area armed with weaponry donated by Tangent tecknology's.
A spokesperson from Tangent tecknology's said the following.

GERALD BUGEST: "This tecknology we are now arming City Admin's NCPD S.T.O.R.M.'s with should protect the project from people who might want to destroy it."
REPORTER: "Are you not scared that one of these S.T.O.R.M. bots may be killed and then the tecknology looted?"
GERALD BUGEST: "No deffinetly not. The temporary S.T.O.R.M. units are substantially upgraded models and the weaponry is securly fixed into the armour. It would take an Army to take down a single S.T.O.R.M. and a genious to hack it."
REPORTER: "So you are not scarred of the Twilight Guardian and there army? Or the Dome of york and there army?"
GERALD BUGEST: "Absolutely not! You forget I mentioned an army to take down a single STORM. We have approximetly 50 Units guarding the area. Salvaging would be near impossible."
REPORTER: "You seem very confident. Thankyou for this intervue."
GERALD BUGEST: "You are very welcome."

Hella Work but would be oh so sweet. People would be able to GR to the Garage Station and drive to there local hunting spots. less convenient than Gene Replicators burt when there is no gr there is simply no gr....

I doubt it will be done but it would be cool anyway.

edit: made it a better read by sorting out the sentances, paragraphing it, fixing type-o's and adding BOLDNESS around the interviewees names.

Shujin
28-09-03, 06:44
thats so damn , in moderate porportions, sexy

Benjie
28-09-03, 06:48
I'm not sure who own's Gene Replicators though. It might be a bit dumb if N.E.X.T. own them too.o_O Still would make sence though. :rolleyes: They could make less money from the Gr's than they do from Vehicles. Problem solved. :) By the way Shujin, ;) have you read it since I edited it and made it even sexier? :p :D

Shujin
28-09-03, 06:52
to tell u the truth, i didnt read it before u edited >.< but title says all

Heavyporker
28-09-03, 09:08
NExT owns pretty much everything that concerns transportation - GoGuardians, GeneReplicators, Vehicles, the Subway...

We even have a whole range of indirectly related subsidaries, like the meterology department, the backpack recovery services, and so on.

It only makes sense. After all, we DID do the Irata III colonyships.

The Garage sounds pretty nice... but it has to be farther away from a major NExT interest - the Desert RaceTrack. Somewhere around the trapezoid which points is sketched by Siegerr, Chester, Hawkins and Emmerson.

So far, I quite like the idea.

Benjie
28-09-03, 10:35
Ok. Well thats the best thing about roleplay, it's so veritile. How about with the new law forcing a certain credit percentage going to the clan who hold the outpost in effect, N.E.X.T. are loosing out on a lot of there normall income. This is the reason they create the Garage.

Another thought is that if it was ever done then the roads could be expanded out further, and the tracks could be places considered "off road tracks".

I would love to be sitting in a garage and see a convey of Tanks travelling down a Tarmac road to whatever battle they may be required in. Especially with the vehicle boosts that have been going on recently.

Pill
28-09-03, 11:09
benjie, good idea, but seriously, do a grammar check for god sakes :p