PDA

View Full Version : New Infos :p

Callash
28-09-03, 03:47
Hi folks. No long blah blah, lets jump straight into the infos. :)

The Regant Mutants and the Kamikaze Soldiers are doing well so far. Speaking of which, I obviously need to explain at least some details. Some people seem to love hating o_O
The Kamikaze Soldiers spawn following a special pattern. They are NOT just random "by-hand" spawn, we have a special tool to adjust a zones mobspawn. Besides, I am the only one who knows the codes and the pattern to do that. No other GM has clearing to spawn them, and I am sticking to my pattern and not favouring any clan, don't worry. o_O

The Antigamma Bones are being delayed for another few days. I am sorry for this, but I have a special NPC planned for their release, and his scripting proves to be more difficult than I had imagined :eek:
Besides, I plan on involving the BioTech Runners (especially the council that is) a bit. Anyway, The delay should be only a few days (Note the refrain of specifying a number :angel: Oh cmon, you brought that onto yourselves ;))

The PowerArmors are also delayed, sorry. Not only am I still designing the runs to get those, but we also have a bug. As you might recall, there was quite a debate around the stats of them, and in the end, one of us messed up. I dunno if it was Thanatos, me or somebody else, but now, the PowerArmors give... umm... Psi Use and Weapon Lore :( No, that's not what we intended at all... As we are still hotfixing because of those great connection bugs, their stats will be fixed with the next retail patch (which will most likely be next week sometime). I may not be done with the NPCs until then though. I'm working as fast as I can, but I cannot work miracles (contrary to popular belief :p).

The Terminator Run is fully designed and only needs to be wrapped into the respective NPC scripts now. Then you will be able to turn those Strange Books into a complete set of rareparts for a Terminator (that means you can construct them as you construct other Rares, too. Even with the random slots :p)

I hope I was able to answer most of your questions.

nonamebrandeggs
28-09-03, 03:49
/me holds back bitching about delays

Can you give us any word on the Strange Book drops?

Mankind
28-09-03, 03:50
If you're pattern is followed every single day, won't the same people be getting them? So the people who are working all the time during your pattern or sleeping during your pattern won't get the same advantages as the people who are online during it.

Smells like bs to me :)

Q`alooaith
28-09-03, 03:51
Your doing wonder's mate..

GJ, hope to see some story eliment's in the PA mission...

Callash
28-09-03, 03:53
Originally posted by Mankind
If you're pattern is followed every single day, won't the same people be getting them? So the people who are working all the time during your pattern or sleeping during your pattern won't get the same advantages as the people who are online during it.

Smells like bs to me :)
Did I specify what kind of pattern it is? Did I say it is a time pattern? I dont think I did.

Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
Can you give us any word on the Strange Book drops?
What kind of "word" do you need?

rob444
28-09-03, 03:55
I can reveal his secret pattern :P

Spawn the mobs whenever he feels like it ^^

Mankind
28-09-03, 03:56
No you didn't need to. I highly doubt you work at all hours. So thus the time you work, is the time the pattern will be in effect. If you are a "work when you feel free" kinda guy, then okay it will change times.

Q`alooaith
28-09-03, 03:58
Originally posted by Callash
What kind of "word" do you need?

I think he want's the "yes" as in, yes they do drop, but not all the time.. word...

Shadow Dancer
28-09-03, 04:01
All I know is that I've searched hours and hours each day and SCOURED the doy regions and couldn't find a kami mob. I know my clanmates had a "lucky" streak where they GRed to escador and found one then 10 mins later found another.

I dunno I just think it's lame that "dumb luck" is what's causing some people to find the soldiers, while people like me can spend several hours each day and not even find a soldier.

kurai
28-09-03, 04:04
What kind of "word" do you need? "Yes, they do drop" and "We decided not to use insanely low Evercamp drop rates" would be nice ones ;)

Callash
28-09-03, 04:05
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
I think he want's the "yes" as in, yes they do drop, but not all the time.. word...
Well, in this case: Word up, yo!*

Originally posted by Mankind
No you didn't need to. I highly doubt you work at all hours. So thus the time you work, is the time the pattern will be in effect. If you are a "work when you feel free" kinda guy, then okay it will change times.
Read my post. I said I am modifying a zones spawn with a special tool. The spawn gets ADJUSTED only when I work, granted. But that doesn't mean that they only do spawn when I work. What would be the point of doing it with a modified zone spawn instead of by-hand-spawn?

*Yes, they drop, people already found some

kurai
28-09-03, 04:08
@Callash: While I think of it ... did anyone ever think to mention to you that caves are worst possible location for a rifler spy to do anything except drop dead ... lots ? :D

If you'd like to confirm that staement, just go to a cave ... any cave ... and count the number of spies you see.

You'll be able to count them on the fingers of one foot.

Tycho C
28-09-03, 04:09
Well, I'd rather wait a week more or so (but don't let it get too long here) to have the stats and bugs fixed.... we saw what the last patch did....

However, the rate at which the Books seeme to be droping is well, dissapointing. I'm probly going to have to buy one of the guns. I'm a Low Tech PE, I feel I deserve it more than some APU selling it to me for over a mill (I can't even imagine what they gonna charge :rolleyes: .)

We'll see. As for the Kami chips, ya know what I think.

Callash
28-09-03, 04:14
Originally posted by kurai
@Callash: While I think of it ... did anyone ever think to mention to you that caves are worst possible location for a rifler spy to do anything except drop dead ... lots ? :D

If you'd like to confirm that staement, just go to a cave ... any cave ... and count the number of spies you see.

You'll be able to count them on the fingers of one foot.
I cannot follow you. You will see at least one spy there: me. I am playing a Rifle Spy, and I am doing fine in Swamp Caves or Chaos Caves, especially with PPU Support.

Besides, as stated in Testserver Patchnotes, this Strange Book thing is a prototype to test how a system to get "entire" rares by a run would work. We might add those Strange Books to the drop pool of anything that drops rare parts... with a lower droprate of course.

On a sidenote, I don't see why everyone complains about "awfully" "terribly" "insanely" low droprates. What's the rate you usually complete a rarepart-set, please? o_O Keep in mind that getting this book means you have a COMPLETE rare in your hands...

nonamebrandeggs
28-09-03, 04:18
Erm, people have found these? Doubt it. You can do Chaos Caves and kill the boss mob by yourself with a Rifle spy? Doubt it. The drop rate for the books can be even lower on regular mobs? Doubt it. I can complete a rareset in a matter of days (Trading etc...), can I get a Terminator in a matter of days? Doubt it.

Callash
28-09-03, 04:20
Well, if it makes you feel better, then doubt.

Shadow Dancer
28-09-03, 04:22
I don't think the drop rate for the books is a problem, I think people just wanna know if their actually dropping at all.

.Cyl0n
28-09-03, 04:24
thanks for the infos callash.. take your time :)
better you bring the stuff bug-free than bring some bugged stuff which needs 124231432 hotfixes :)

.cy

/e btw i doubt that anyone found a book on pluto yet too... i myself killed around 80 boss mobs and found none.. i know many ppl that camped caves today and yesterday and NOONE found one o.O

sparrowtm
28-09-03, 04:26
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I don't think the drop rate for the books is a problem, I think people just wanna know if their actually dropping at all.

Jupiter, nc.auctions Forum: "STRANGE BOOK" ... you wouldn't wanna know the price though :eek:

Morrow36
28-09-03, 04:28
Callash you have been doing a really kick ass job so far... i actually like that the drop rate on the book is low, it actually makes something in the game that not just everyone will have, same with titan armor and kamis .... i might be looking for hours but if i find one i may be one of the few to use the weapon/armor/implant ... great job, makes it worth the reward.

kurai
28-09-03, 04:36
I cannot follow you. You will see at least one spy there: me. I am playing a Rifle Spy, and I am doing fine in Swamp Caves or Chaos Caves, especially with PPU Support.

Besides, as stated in Testserver Patchnotes, this Strange Book thing is a prototype to test how a system to get "entire" rares by a run would work. We might add those Strange Books to the drop pool of anything that drops rare parts... with a lower droprate of course.

On a sidenote, I don't see why everyone complains about "awfully" "terribly" "insanely" low droprates. What's the rate you usually complete a rarepart-set, please? o_O Keep in mind that getting this book means you have a COMPLETE rare in your hands... Ah - a prototype.
If the caveboss idea is purely a "proof of concept" rather than a finalised method, then I'll hold my tongue, other than to say that you are a very uncommon rifle spy indeed to venture into cave dungeons.
Cave bosses may indeed be a good solution for future items, but setting a rifle book run in an environment that negates range and stealth, and is much better suited to characters with AoE capability and high resists/health makes life rather frustrating for the average rifle user.

As far as the droprate discussion goes ...

One thing worth bearing in mind is that the chance of completing a rare item set is very much better than simple drop rates might imply because you have the possibility of trade.
i.e. Say parts needed = 5, say drop pool = 500 parts.
This might imply that your chance of getting a set is [(5/500) * 5] ... 0.05
However - you could also trade any non required part with someone who has unwanted/duplicate ones.
With an item that drops complete you don't have that opportunity.

This can be seen with current high demand items. Because of trading it is very much simpler to obtain, say, a Cursed Soul or Disruptor than if you calculate the odds as [(required parts/total part drops) * number of parts]

If you went by that calculation alone, you'd see approx 25 complete Cursed Souls in existence in the entire life of the server.
That's plainly not the case.

Tazo
28-09-03, 04:44
One thing worth bearing in mind is that the chance of completing a rare item set is very much better than simple drop rates might imply because you have the possibility of trade.
hey everyone! i need a silent hunter part set, i only have the tech one. I am offering lots of slot enhancer parts, and even an almost finished paw of bear set! any takers?

*waits*

*still waits*

*waits until he dies of age*

Ozambabbaz
28-09-03, 04:45
Hi folks. No long blah blah, lets jump straight into the infos. :)
*snip*

Thx for the info, m8 :) appreciate it, and i am intrigued o_O

and GL ;)

Dribble Joy
28-09-03, 04:53
weeeee cheers mush

Q`alooaith
28-09-03, 04:57

I'd love it if all or a lot of rare's went this way... maybe with extra tech part's needed to build, but maybe only one per weapon..

So to make a Wyate Erp you'd need Strange pistol plan's, + artifact pistol hull..

or somthing...

Shadow Dancer
28-09-03, 05:02
So Callash can you confirm that the books are dropping?

Callash
28-09-03, 05:05

Reading is your friend ;)

Lucid Dream
28-09-03, 05:05
.. .. .. *bursts into tears* WHY OH GOD WHY?!

a.. a.. another week... maybe...

*/set kill_self 1*

Q`alooaith
28-09-03, 05:06
So Callash can you confirm that the books are dropping?

see, reading is good for knowing stuff..

damn you callash, your too damn fast... I can be faster, though can't spell fast fast..

Shadow Dancer
28-09-03, 05:08
wtf ok I didn't see that part. soz.

Wow so that's actually the drop rate?

Campacron..........................

Callash
28-09-03, 05:09
damn you callash, your too damn fast...
me > you

:D

EDIT:

Campacron..........................
I also posted that it is just a prototype for a new way to get rares, and that the Strange Books might also drop from everything that drops Rareparts, in the future. Besides, everyone is already camping Warbots anyway, no? :p

.Cyl0n
28-09-03, 05:10
Originally posted by Morrow36
Callash you have been doing a really kick ass job so far... i actually like that the drop rate on the book is low, it actually makes something in the game that not just everyone will have, same with titan armor and kamis .... i might be looking for hours but if i find one i may be one of the few to use the weapon/armor/implant ... great job, makes it worth the reward.

yea i agree :)
im looking forward to find one too.. i dont have a prob with the "1:100" droprate system^^
at least one thing in this game is rare now o.O

.cy

Q`alooaith
28-09-03, 05:10
it's not meant to be an everyone-and-his-dog has got one, and a little bonus for anyone going in and hunting the boss mob..

also a test for new way to get rare's out without making the rare pool too large.. might be anice way to get all the little rare's into the comunity..

BTW, did it say boss loot, or cave loot... cause a lot moer than bosses spawn in caves..

me > you

:D

*pummel's Callash with X's (axe's are on strike)*

VetteroX
28-09-03, 05:25
oh well, thanks for giving us an update.

I actually prefer not getting a date, then im not waiting for the day.

Ive got a good idea for the PA runs: Go to a store, select merchant, buy it. all done :D

Shadow Dancer
28-09-03, 05:27

EDIT:

I also posted that it is just a prototype for a new way to get rares, and that the Strange Books might also drop from everything that drops Rareparts, in the future. Besides, everyone is already camping Warbots anyway, no? :p

O I C.

That would be 1337.

Clyde
28-09-03, 05:43
heh some infos better than no info, but sometimes no info is better than info that you already know about o_O . In any case i have 2 things to say. It figures and would the strange book thing for all rares include implants and slot enhancers ? I personally think that the mariner, ss, sf and psi core should drop whole agian just like motor 3 and all the others, but mc5 should still be dropped in parts or atleast as a strange book if everything goes well with that, which on another note i cant think of what this is gonna do to the economy since most people make they money off of selling rare parts they dont need.

Shadow Dancer
28-09-03, 05:53
omg mc5 as a strange book would be 1337.

Spoon
28-09-03, 06:10
The Kamikaze Soldiers spawn following a special pattern. They are NOT just random "by-hand" spawn, we have a special tool to adjust a zones mobspawn. Besides, I am the only one who knows the codes and the pattern to do that. No other GM has clearing to spawn them, and I am sticking to my pattern and not favouring any clan, don't worry. o_O

That's good to hear, thanks Callash.....:)

G.0.D.
28-09-03, 06:40
done 40 chaos cave runs still no book for me :*(

back i go!

Morrow36
28-09-03, 07:01
been thinking you said :

But that doesn't mean that they only do spawn when I work
and

Did I specify what kind of pattern it is? Did I say it is a time pattern? I dont think I did

well then what actually spawns them, there has to be a condition that spawns them, time , an action, or just a random gm placing it somewhere... You stated that the program you have changed the pattern, but whats the pattern based on? a timed spawn, or do u have to goto a certain location, or kill another mob... or does anyone else have an insight on this ?

Q`alooaith
28-09-03, 07:04
Originally posted by Morrow36
well then what actually spawns them, there has to be a condition that spawns them, time , an action, or just a random gm placing it somewhere...

GM's don't place em, that's been said..

And the rest would be telling would it not.. and that'd take all the fun out of it.. just wander around kill stuff, find a team. comb the zones...

It might just be a matter of luck...

Frotto
28-09-03, 07:58
Does anyone know the specs on the gama bones? and i want my pa.. but i guess i'm going to have to wait... i would love to see the specs on the terminator as well... anyways keep up the good work callash... and dont let the man keep u down... or some dippy american flamers :)

Zokk
28-09-03, 08:37
Yeah... at least officially post the stats on the gamma bones since they are being delayed yet again :rolleyes:

Sigh.

KidWithStick
28-09-03, 09:13
speaking of PA's...dont you think its about time to just sell the PA's in the PSI store like tank PA's?

that run is ALWAYS bugged. EVERYTIME i have tryed to do it, i ended up being delyaed anywhere from 3hours, to 4 days.

we all get the story and blah blah...its time to put them in stores.

Itth
28-09-03, 09:55

The PowerArmors are also delayed, sorry.

/set kill_self 1

Dark Samurai
28-09-03, 10:06
:cool: I think the idea of a new rare system would be cool as long as it isnt just in the caves <---evil but make it so the drope rate would be like 1 in 200 warbots to get a rare that would be fine with me I liked beta when there want rares ...... the old days

Heavyporker
28-09-03, 10:09
Now if Cursed Souls and Holy Lightnings and Liberators and the like became book runs, then I think we might see a lot of people shut up about those things.

Original monk
28-09-03, 10:13
the PowerArmors give... umm... Psi Use and Weapon Lore

first of all thank you for the extra information, second, my ppu-riflemonk would like to have a copy of that spysuit :P remove the dexreq's please

QuantumDelta
28-09-03, 10:17
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Now if Cursed Souls and Holy Lightnings and Liberators and the like became book runs, then I think we might see a lot of people shut up about those things.

You mean having to camp for a 1:1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 item drop chance?
Hah! Can't see anyone complainin about that....

Heavyporker
28-09-03, 10:20
1:1000 more like.

Dark Samurai
28-09-03, 10:23
i think theres enough warbots/firemobs/ect... that we wont have to share or camp :D

Lethys
28-09-03, 10:30
Ok 3 things about the Strange Books, just to make sure:

1. Is it true that the Strange Books only drop from the Apparition?
2. Is the drop rate 1:100 or 1:1000?
3. If I get 0 slots on my Terminator I'm cancelling my account :wtf: :p

FireWarrior
28-09-03, 10:32
Well I for one am glad. At least this time we have gotten an official message that they are delayed... It sucks, but at least we know it.

msdong
28-09-03, 11:38
.... Then you will be able to turn those Strange Books into a complete set of rareparts for a Terminator (that means you can construct them as you construct other Rares, too. Even with the random slots :p)

damn, i hate smiling gamemasters ;)

Omnituens
28-09-03, 11:40
ive done 15 worm tunnels runs.

nothing.

slottage on ESB's is also shit now. but stats are good.

___T-X____
28-09-03, 11:54
Thank you for answering the main questions the community was concerned about Callesh.

9/10 people dont mind if something doesnt go as according to plan(wrong!), just aslong as we are kept informed :)

keep up the good work :)

OTIS
28-09-03, 12:30
but now, the PowerArmors give... umm... Psi Use and Weapon Lore

Delay them till u get them right...and stop complaining about it being delayed...would u like psi use or pistol combat?o_O GJ all u guys seem to be working ur tails off:D I = happy NC player!!

Ascension
28-09-03, 13:06
omg mc5 as a strange book would be 1337.

Yeah Of a Book in mC 5:D Sept it drops irregular, as also the MC 5parts drop aswell

Matthew.v.smith
28-09-03, 13:09
OTIS what a suck up :lol:

nm anyway as long as its out sometime in the coming weeks im happy to go to school and come home to a new suit of Spy PA:cool:

i can still remember when i got home to find the new patch was out:p

anyway enough of that.

Matty:angel:

Eddie
28-09-03, 13:55
Thanks for the update Callash.. and keep up the work with the NPCs!

If I remember correctly, Thanatos said that a retail patch would appear on Monday (TS Forum, Path 215 Discussion).

So.. you've got till Monday :P

Eddie

Mingerroo
28-09-03, 14:09
I think, rather than us having dumb luck and you having a system, the pattern could slowly be revealed through the Neocronicle perhaps? That way it feeds into the story. Such as:

"ONOS, THOSE CRAZY B*ST**DS ARE MOVING AROUND RANDOMLY SLAUGHTERING PEOPLE. Joe was killed here at this real life time on this real life day, while bob was over here, there seems to be a pattern to this madness....."

Maybe. Its up to you seen as its your story o_O But thats my input.

Judge
28-09-03, 14:17
ok, well I can see that the strange book thing is just a prototype for a possible new idea. However what I am hoping is that if it does apply to a certain amount of rares then that each of these rare books has the 1:100 drop rate (or whatever it is) so that actually getting a book will be about 30:100 but that getting the book you want is 1:100 (not taking into account trading).

I am also quite perplexed as to why you didn't just place these books as a prototype in normal mobs if that is what you are planning to do anyway, as it stands the only people who will be able to get hold of a terminator within the next few months will be either incredibly rich people or people who camp for days on end. Also cave runs are alot different to killing normal mobs, mainly because there are alot more people in the team and you have to kill about 20 mobs before even getting to the creature that drops.

I am holding back my tounge until I see the final system for this, but tbh I thought that this was going to be a way of making it easyer for people (of both mid and high levels) to get hold of rare weapons, for combat or otherwise.

Callash you may be right that alot of people do already camp out sites, but is that what KK really want? Another evercamp clone? Shouldn't we be trying to get rid of the camping part, hunting mobs is fine if you like it (and I have nothing against people who do) but it shouldn't be such an integral part of what could be (and was) such a brilliant game and unique game.

I don't want Neocamp. :(

Xaru
28-09-03, 14:40
I personally like the strange book idea. Aswell as the runs to get parts. it gives different ways to aquire things. Especially if you have the chance to aquire a rare weapon by either strange book OR techparts later on :)

I love the rare pool and i also like that there are things in it that noone likes. Keeps it interesting while ressing :)

Instead of complaining, you people should come up with more ideas, how to setup different methods of aquiring rares to help Callash.

I love your work mate. Keep it up.

BTW: Whats a "Gasmod for Flamer" ??? i researched a techpart of this today and have never seen anything like it.

Clownst0pper
28-09-03, 14:42
Kamikaze update!!

News just in!

It blows!

Me and ethereal have been combing the J and K zones for the past few days, and hours over those days, weve humped palm tree's, over turned rocks, spoken to random NPC's, Kill standard mobs, Casually waited, combed up and down once more, Talked to people who often give me more abuse than I can write on the forums, of there frustration clearly.

I will try again tonight, But either callash is taking the piss, The so called 'pattern' is so cryptic or so simplistic people with average minds fail to find it.

After trying again tonight, ill keep you informed, But otherwise the system blows callash, I just find it annoying that you seem to find the matter funny, when im riding like a silly twat around the zones in the hopes I might get one lousy chip.

But then again, I dont have anything else to look forward to, PA isnt here, and neither is anything else for Capped characters :mad:

:mad: SHIT:mad: SYSTEM:mad:

Callash
28-09-03, 14:46
Originally posted by Lethys
1. Is it true that the Strange Books only drop from the Apparition?
2. Is the drop rate 1:100 or 1:1000?
3. If I get 0 slots on my Terminator I'm cancelling my account :wtf: :p
1. Whatever gave you THAT idea? o_O Apparitions ain't even Bossmobs...
2. Actually, naming numbers takes alot outta the game (I know I am gonna get flamed for that one), so I will refrain from doing so.
3. Well, you will get a part set at the end of the run. How good your Terminator will be then is up to you (your constructor of choice, that is) :p

Judge
28-09-03, 14:51
Originally posted by Xaru
Instead of complaining, you people should come up with more ideas, how to setup different methods of aquiring rares to help Callash.

Oh you mean like the idea that I posted about putting certain rares into runs?

Me and Callash had the same idea, just his with a "twist".

Callash
28-09-03, 14:57
1. Whatever gave you THAT idea? o_O Apparitions ain't even Bossmobs...
Ok, my bad. Apparitions ARE bossmobs. Somebody reversed the Names of them Wormhole mobs without changing it in all def-files again.

In that case, Yes, the strange books drop from apparitions. But not ONLY from apparitions. They drop from ALL Cave Boss Mobs, Apparition, Defunct STORM Bot, Swamp Shaman, Doom Harbinger, Viper King, Batqueen and Chaos Queen.

Omnituens
28-09-03, 16:03
i too have combed the K regions for these kamis. none whatsoever.

i dont care for your special system.

you said that the scorpion queen was 'randomly spawned'. yet i caught 2 GMs spawning it and even got told that is was GM spawned.

I didnt believe you then, and i dont believe you now.

You mentioned a 'tool' to do it. i think a GM has to enter the zone and use a command to start a spawn pattern.

unless someone else proves this theory wrong, it seems the most likely.

anyone else got any ideas?

EDIT: im willing to admit that i am wrong. but there needs to be proof. im afraid words are not good enough anymore. we've been lied to too many times now.

Eddie
28-09-03, 16:08
My theory is that Callash has to use a tool to adjust the "spawn rate", say, 0.05.

Every hour or so, he sets the spawn rate of a certain zone to be much higher, for example, 0.20 (all random numbers), and sets the last zone back to be 0.05.

Something like that I'm guessing.

If you read the thread that Granite blurted out in, he said that the engine did not support anything but this method...

So this is the way it is. For now.

Eddie

MayhemMike
28-09-03, 16:57
Hrmmm , good info , i wants my PE pa :p

DigestiveBiscui
28-09-03, 17:39
yea, i spent ages looking for those damn kami mobs

bugger off did i find any though

Lucjan
28-09-03, 17:51
Thanks for the infos Callash, these updates are actually what most of us like to know.

What makes me think: afaik, zones go down when nobody is in them for a time. They go up again when someone enters the zone. Maybe "The Pattern" is all right, but the zone shutdown inteferes with the concept?

{MD}GeistDamnit
28-09-03, 19:06
ypu know I'm not an ingrate.and what I'm about to say please dont take wrong callash. But fucking KK should not leave it's game content development much LESS coding up to a Volunteer. I dont want content released on the scedule of a volunteer. I want it released on the same scedule that the dev's are on. IE: you work from 9 to 5 and get paid to develop.

I can see from your post's callash that KK leaves you in charge of the content in question, and i'm thankfull of your efforts, but I'm sory you are not their paid worker, so you don't have to follow deadlines or even finish any of the stuff. You can tell them to fuck themselves if u want cause they dont pay you. And I don't want a non employee ok KK in charge of content release, I'm sory :(

Q`alooaith
28-09-03, 19:28
If he want's out, I'm sure there'd be enough people wanting to do what he does.. that is, devloping a storyline to an online RPG..
*put's hand up*

I mean, how good does that look on your CV, "I did some storyline work on the online RPG Neocron, included some scripting and story writing"..

anyway, it is better to have a story guy who the GM's like and can work with, who has some down to earth idea's, and little story's for everyone to take part in, than some paid employee who no one likes, and is all about overcapped content and story's...

BTW, if somone's paid to doa job, it don't mean they can't say "fuck it" and wander off, it just mean's they will stay cause they are getting paid..

I'd rather have somone who's doing it because they like it, than somone who's doing it because they are paid to..

Eddie
28-09-03, 20:22
On the other hand, I think that not being a KK employee has its perks.

He's done (visibly - which is so much more apparent than behind-the-scenes stuff that the other GMs do) much more for us than any other paid member of the KK team that I can mention.

On many a occasion, he's polled the community for what they want (Spy PA options) and added content in (Kamikaze chips).

What more can you ask for?

Eddie

Futureman
28-09-03, 20:27
Just a quick question Callash:

Why have a test server if you don't let people test the things on there? Honestly, couldn't this problem have been discovered earlier? Why have a test server that isn't open to testing.

Eddie
28-09-03, 20:34
Originally posted by Futureman
Just a quick question Callash:

Why have a test server if you don't let people test the things on there? Honestly, couldn't this problem have been discovered earlier? Why have a test server that isn't open to testing.

What kinda testing are you talking about?

As for testing the PE skin bug, Thanatos has already stated that this bug did exist on the TS, but not enough people were in one place at the same time for it to come into effect.

As for the PAs, people who visited the TS would have an unfair advantage, as they could devise new setups and experiment with them, and of course, no-one would play on the retail servers if they could play with all the new toys on the TS (which was, I assume, the same reason Monk PA wasn't on the TS). Also, there's no suprises anymore, which Callash seems to love :)

Eddie

Judge
28-09-03, 20:41
Exactly eddie.

From what I have heard recently about the PE PA it may take away Psi. In which case I don't know why you guys are getting so excited about it, as I probably won't be using it in that case. :p

jernau
28-09-03, 22:48
Ok, my bad. Apparitions ARE bossmobs. Somebody reversed the Names of them Wormhole mobs without changing it in all def-files again.

In that case, Yes, the strange books drop from apparitions. But not ONLY from apparitions. They drop from ALL Cave Boss Mobs, Apparition, Defunct STORM Bot, Swamp Shaman, Doom Harbinger, Viper King, Batqueen and Chaos Queen.

I find all of this post rather odd and a little suspect.

Callash, could you please manually check the drop tables. I know that some people are mis-reading the clent side tables (wtf are they doing client side in the first place o_O ) but there is evidence against several parts of the quoted post.

PS - Malfunctioning STORM Unit ;)

NeoLojik
29-09-03, 02:44
*sigh*

I wont say anything about the SpyPA, I would only be repeating myself. However, after much searching this weekend I have yet to turn up a 'Mysterious Book'. I can count the number of times we killed the Bloodviper King, nor the Doom Harribringer (sp?).

Oh, and no DoY Kamakazi people either, spend 6 hours today scouting and emptying the DoY sectors, zip, nada.

*Watches his sig's counter tick up*

Oh well, c'est la vie.

Tazo
29-09-03, 04:53
neo, i dont get your sig

how was the spy pa "delayed" except right now?

Clive tombstone
29-09-03, 05:28
Heh hello, well, I got a question, in the pics I have seen, is that REALLY the final version of the PE PA? the helmet is kinda... weird looking to put in nicely. anouther thing is, what side is sided with DOY? sorry if this is off topic.

kurai
29-09-03, 05:34
Originally posted by Tazo
neo, i dont get your sig

how was the spy pa "delayed" except right now?
Neochronicle V3-6/1 (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=125#5) 16 weeks ago.

Ark
29-09-03, 05:34
3. Well, you will get a part set at the end of the run. How good your Terminator will be then is up to you (your constructor of choice, that is) :p [/B]

hehe, you know whats funny it dosent matter the constructor. The BEST constructor drugged out the ass can still get a 0 slot rare................... so your totaly wrong callash its not up to us

mdares
29-09-03, 05:47
Originally posted by Ark
hehe, you know whats funny it dosent matter the constructor. The BEST constructor drugged out the ass can still get a 0 slot rare................... so your totaly wrong callash its not up to us

damn straight... its called : RANDOM!

can u talk to the devs to maybe guarantee atleast 1 slot on a rare? pweeze???? :D

Crackitakk
29-09-03, 06:04
The spy armor coming out is all i think about.....ur killing me

Crackitakk
29-09-03, 06:10
lol, u know whats funny? on the test server, i played for a while, and the gm spawned up about 500 of those kamikazzi guys at jeriko.....i never once thought of tryong to loot one of em...yeah and he spawned up a bunch of cavebosses also.

Another thing....isnt it kinda redundant havning gamma bones??? spys already have like 117 xray resist from the damn armor!

and another another thing....those strange books? what are they about? i wonder if its just winny the pooh inside, or maybe john grishams latest thriller.....maybe its playboy, who knows. all i can say rite now is....blah blah blah, someone give me a synaptic accelorator

saturn

kurai
29-09-03, 06:38
Originally posted by Crackitakk
and another another thing....those strange books? what are they about? It'll be the Gutenberg bible - except rarer.

Frotto
29-09-03, 06:46
@ Callash - Any chance on you giving us stats on gama bones and the Terminator???

[TgR]KILLER
29-09-03, 09:02
Originally posted by Crackitakk
Another thing....isnt it kinda redundant havning gamma bones??? spys already have like 117 xray resist from the damn armor!

*waves* i aint no spy but a PE i would like xray bones tho :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Frotto
@ Callash - Any chance on you giving us stats on gama bones and the Terminator???

that and the PA stats pls :D

lomming my setup as we speak.. without the bones or PA its crap :p

GurTjaN
29-09-03, 09:21
Keep up the good work callash,

i believe it will be great when its done just like the monk pa and spy pa went thumbs up !

//GurT

Ryuben
29-09-03, 11:40
im im pressed with ya call :D u actually replied to this thread
cudos

btw can u jsut say if the drop rate is 1:100 or higher and if thats for every item on the bosss to drop as a book or for the mob its self

:D thanks

Valmur
29-09-03, 16:08
Why can't people ever hold their pants up O.o? What's the eternal rush about all updates. If you don't like waiting for anything, try going out. Wipe the spiderwebs off your face and change to fresh air. Come back in a few hours to your screen and either say "Finally" or go out for a couple of hours again.

NeoLojik
29-09-03, 16:57
Originally posted by Valmur
Why can't people ever hold their pants up O.o? What's the eternal rush about all updates. If you don't like waiting for anything, try going out. Wipe the spiderwebs off your face and change to fresh air. Come back in a few hours to your screen and either say "Finally" or go out for a couple of hours again. No offence m8, but if I did this, I'd have been away from neocron for a long time now...

*points to sig*

Futureman
29-09-03, 17:06
Originally posted by Eddie
What kinda testing are you talking about?

As for testing the PE skin bug, Thanatos has already stated that this bug did exist on the TS, but not enough people were in one place at the same time for it to come into effect.

As for the PAs, people who visited the TS would have an unfair advantage, as they could devise new setups and experiment with them, and of course, no-one would play on the retail servers if they could play with all the new toys on the TS (which was, I assume, the same reason Monk PA wasn't on the TS). Also, there's no suprises anymore, which Callash seems to love :)

Eddie

Well, its pretty obvious now that we are getting SPY PA, so there's no surprise there. I never even saw Spy PA. The whole thing reeks or unprofessionalism. If you have a test server then test things on it. If you want it to be a surprise then make it private with NDAs, but just releasing stuff cold is bad. How wasn't this caught on the TS?

Mingerroo
29-09-03, 19:34
Originally posted by Valmur
Why can't people ever hold their pants up O.o? What's the eternal rush about all updates. If you don't like waiting for anything, try going out. Wipe the spiderwebs off your face and change to fresh air. Come back in a few hours to your screen and either say "Finally" or go out for a couple of hours again.

:lol: rofl..... Thats too damn funny. But yeah, PLAY DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS.... I've started and it makes NC seem a lot less "COME ON, GIMME GIMME GIMME NOOOOOOW!!!!"

Now I can enjoy NC when I want, rather than it being the be all and end all of my entertainment :D

jernau
29-09-03, 19:41
Originally posted by Futureman
How wasn't this caught on the TS?

Because the TS is a sick joke?
Because it's code base is massively out of sync with the Live servers?
Because retail patches never get tested there?
Because most "testers" aren't testing anything?
Because those who do test are ignored?
Because things that need testing are kept secret?
Because KK have abandoned their stated aim of releasing small patches?

mdares
30-09-03, 00:10
afaik the retail patches are a combination of several test server patchs. Therefore when each patch is released on the test server, it is tested and in many of these cases found to be bug free. However i suspect that when they tried to put them all together, the overall "compile" process was somehow f0x0rd and hence we have all these yummy new bugs. just my thoughts.

flyjedi
30-09-03, 01:58
So with the Terminator, how many parts are there? And how will you do the run when it's finished?

Futureman
30-09-03, 02:06
Look, I've been on the TS, and I really don't understand the reason behind it's existance. We've got DoY coming up, which obviously won't be on the TS, we've got PA all of the Secret things that aren't going to be shown to the public. Well, all i got to say is that either use the TS to test stuff and lose the surprise, or make the TS private and do relase those goodie things, and test the ACTUAL patches. KK really seems dense when it comes to this point. Why is the TS like it is? Because there is nothing else to do besides test out char configs. When KK decides to let us test something then i'll go to the TS, but the idea of having a TS sort of presuposes that you'll have to give people access to something before. That's why i say make a closed one. I'd rather have DOY tested before its released. I'd also rather have PA tested before its screwed up on release too.

It really pisses me off when I wanna do something for the game but I can't because KK won't let normal players test the PA. "Don't bother asking GMs to spawn it for you because they won't" Its about time they quit treating players like shit. Yeah it pisses me off because i get the feeling like the 116 day delayed SPY PA could have been out by now if they had only used the TS like it should be, although it would have given players an unfair advantage having known the stats before. Whatever that means, i think they stats are already posted. Besides, we aren't playing UT here, this game is all about people having advantages over others.

mdares
30-09-03, 03:53
truth be told i've always wondered y some of the things that might need testing havent actually been on ts... or just had very limited circulation... (a group of 10 people isnt a statistcally sound enough test population imo)

jernau
30-09-03, 12:11
I'd just like to point out that the mix-up in the PA stats that Callash mentioned should have been obvious a week before the retail patch. The same site that posted the Kami Chips also posted the PA complete with the very error Callash referred to.

It seems the haxors know more about what's going on than KK.:mad:

The current TS is worthless IMO. It needs to made invite-only with a rigid NDA. Then it needs ALL content to be tested there in exactly the configuration it will be deployed to retail, ie built to exact proposed retail build level for each test not to some bizarre hybrid of past, present, future and never-never that it is at now.

NeoLojik
30-09-03, 12:17
Originally posted by jernau
I'd just like to point out that the mix-up in the PA stats that Callash mentioned should have been obvious a week before the retail patch. The same site that posted the Kami Chips also posted the PA complete with the very error Callash referred to.

It seems the haxors know more about what's going on than KK.:mad:

The current TS is worthless IMO. It needs to made invite-only with a rigid NDA. Then it needs ALL content to be tested there in exactly the configuration it will be deployed to retail, ie built to exact proposed retail build level for each test not to some bizarre hybrid of past, present, future and never-never that it is at now. *Applauds*
Exactly my thoughts, the TS is totally outta sync with retail, close it, sync it to retail, then get a volentary testing team who have to sign NDA's on there. Hell, I'll put my hand up for the job.

Futureman
30-09-03, 13:25
I think it would be appropriate to hear a response from someone responsible about this matter. The hackers found out about this before they did. Of course i wouldn't respond to the thread either as it is very embarassing and all.

JustIn_Case
30-09-03, 13:31
Yes, make the Test server an way to test new patches instead of testing new toys or setups.

Sure, some toys need to be tested (like the new vehicles) before it hits retail, and that can still be done on the test server.
But since the patches for the test server and retail server isnt the same patches, then we get theese unwanted results as patch 188/189.

Heavyporker
30-09-03, 16:40
amen.... if test server was a testing server, with real expectations and all, then I would seriously consider volunteering to test stuff.. but right now, all the stuff I'm hearing about it scares me off.

DigestiveBiscui
30-09-03, 16:44
the fact that i have to install NC twice to use the etst server scares me

having it crash so many times with 1 version is bad enough :p cant be arsed to fill over 3GB of my HD with it either

Frotto
30-09-03, 18:30
the reason that nc is so large is the terrain pack that it installs on your hard drive... if you want to have both copies of nc on the same hd you only need one terrain pack... so its actually just a 400 mb expansion to have the test server too... just a thought.

Frotto---

I want my spy pa... Plz

So i guess no patch today either... hm... me thinks it will never get here. :(

Leebzie
01-10-03, 08:37
hmmm. i hope i will get a chance at the testserver if it becomes invite only , when i finally decide ive played retail to death , i want to go onto the test server and really help out , and try to stop so many bugs reaching retail...

Ka0s^
03-10-03, 01:12
test server is used to test the retail patches before they come out.
Spy PA and PE PA isnt tested on the server just like the PSI Pas, reason being afaik test gets mobbed BIG TIME and crashes when ppl who dont normally use test flock to it to see the new stuff (just like when the gliders/trooptransport stuff came out) run about blow stuff up and generally leave a mess.

People using test DO test stuff, alot of it isnt seen however.

So in a way, these bugs on spy pa etc never got found on test, cuz KK dont wanna have teh whole of retail on the test server skilling there resists and stats ready for the release of new stuff on retail, they wanna suprise ppl

Only way roundthis as has been mentioned is to lock test make it invatation only and make ppl sign NDAs

Shadow Dancer
03-10-03, 02:20
What does NDA stand for?

jernau
03-10-03, 03:02
What does NDA stand for?

Non-Disclosure Agreement. A legal document that prevents one or both parties from disclosing confidential information.

JustIn_Case
03-10-03, 08:36
Originally posted by Ka0s^
test server is used to test the retail patches before they come out.

No. Testserver is used to test new items before they reach retail. The actuall retail patches isnt tested on the testserver.

Change the testserver to be a correct testserver or make a new patch testserver (for retail) so patches can be tested.

Ka0s^
03-10-03, 12:21
Originally posted by JustIn_Case
No. Testserver is used to test new items before they reach retail. The actuall retail patches isnt tested on the testserver.

Change the testserver to be a correct testserver or make a new patch testserver (for retail) so patches can be tested.

ok i was tired and half asleep :D Guess what i meant to say was items FOR the patch are tested on test not a complete patch, but we do test stuff FOR retail patches lol, Does that make sense? :lol:

\\Fényx//
03-10-03, 14:51
What does NDA stand for?

Neocron Defence Agency :p :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Clyde
03-10-03, 22:52
I find it rather funny that the pe bug and the others bugs are supposed to be "top priority" like so many people was crying about yet they release the xray bones before a fix, unless im missing something other than the PA guys

jernau
03-10-03, 23:18
Originally posted by Clyde
I find it rather funny that the pe bug and the others bugs are supposed to be "top priority" like so many people was crying about yet they release the xray bones before a fix, unless im missing something other than the PA guys

The bones were in the patch they just weren't activated. Callash activated them by added the new NPCs. Callash is a voluntary GM, not a dev. Only the devs can fix the bugs.

Frotto
04-10-03, 00:27
@ Callash... I'll give you 1000000 nc on Pluto if you will put in the spy pa guy... i really really really really really really really really really want this stuff.... i want L3 and L4. PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ

Tazo
04-10-03, 00:33
Originally posted by Frotto
@ Callash... I'll give you 1000000 nc on Pluto if you will put in the spy pa guy... i really really really really really really really really really want this stuff.... i want L3 and L4. PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ
:lol:

the psi use or the weapon lore one? :lol:

jernau
04-10-03, 01:08
Originally posted by Tazo
:lol:

the psi use or the weapon lore one? :lol:

Psi Use for me please.

It's a lot more useful to my droner than R-C or P-C. I could use shelter without gimping INT and I could probably run-cast heal.

Nvidia
04-10-03, 09:02
I'm REALLY getting fed up with this, as I've seen God knows how many people make this mistake in the past few days. Now... a warning for the blind and hard of hearing, this will only make it worse.

SOMEONE WHO CODES SCRIPTS FOR A FUCKING NPC IS NOT THE SAME PERSON WHO TAKES A PATCH, COMPILES IT, AND RELEASES IT TO THE PUBLIC.

I mean, sure, they could, but you know who does the NPC scripts? Callash, Yes... Say it with me now.... Ca-.... Call-.... Callly?
NO! Callash does it, now get it right before I make you my rifle-cleaning bitch :p

This is the same thing that happened when the artists did a special patch just so people could get a kick-ass tree and presents all over NC, and you know what happened? People bitched, saying things like, "The coders have nothing better to do than design special trees and presents?"

Something I guess not many of you understand, is that, each part of a MMO has their own deadlines and goals. The coders have to work on getting the... um... code... done, updating it, changing some of the internal basics, gameplay balances and stuff like that. The artists kind of overlap with the coders, as the things the coders usually code, the artists have to design models for and stuff like that. Then you have all of the smaller jobs, like what Callash does, what Lupus does, and other members.

With all of that in mind, now imagine that for there to be a patch, EVERYONE's job has to be done within the given time period, maybe 2 days or something. If not EVERYONE is done at almost exactly the same time, the people who are done go on to start different things and push the patch back even further waiting for those who were behind to finish, then you gotta hope everyone synchronizes at the next planned day.

What I'm trying to say here is, coding, modeling, scripting, and other things, for a game of this magnitude, is NOT easy, and not something you should bitch about. The next time one of you makes a snide comment about KK working on "the wrong things", think about the little fact that maybe one of the teams couldn't finish on time.

Ever think that MAYBE Callash did the scripts for the bones because they didn't come into the game with screwed up stats? Callash ain't stupid, he knows everyone wants their PA, but WHAT THE HELL is it gonna do to script em for the wrong stats, just to have to go back and do it later? I am confident if the stats would have come out right, we'd have PE and Spy PA today instead of X-ray bones.

Sorry for the language used here, it just REALLY helps me to get my point across, because I'm sick of everything I hear. No one bothers to think about what they say before they say it, and it pisses me off to no end.

Ka0s^
04-10-03, 09:27
Originally posted by Nvidia
I'm REALLY getting fed up with this, as I've seen God knows how many people make this mistake in the past few days. Now... a warning for the blind and hard of hearing, this will only make it worse.

SOMEONE WHO CODES SCRIPTS FOR A FUCKING NPC IS NOT THE SAME PERSON WHO TAKES A PATCH, COMPILES IT, AND RELEASES IT TO THE PUBLIC.

I mean, sure, they could, but you know who does the NPC scripts? Callash, Yes... Say it with me now.... Ca-.... Call-.... Callly?
NO! Callash does it, now get it right before I make you my rifle-cleaning bitch :p

This is the same thing that happened when the artists did a special patch just so people could get a kick-ass tree and presents all over NC, and you know what happened? People bitched, saying things like, "The coders have nothing better to do than design special trees and presents?"

Something I guess not many of you understand, is that, each part of a MMO has their own deadlines and goals. The coders have to work on getting the... um... code... done, updating it, changing some of the internal basics, gameplay balances and stuff like that. The artists kind of overlap with the coders, as the things the coders usually code, the artists have to design models for and stuff like that. Then you have all of the smaller jobs, like what Callash does, what Lupus does, and other members.

With all of that in mind, now imagine that for there to be a patch, EVERYONE's job has to be done within the given time period, maybe 2 days or something. If not EVERYONE is done at almost exactly the same time, the people who are done go on to start different things and push the patch back even further waiting for those who were behind to finish, then you gotta hope everyone synchronizes at the next planned day.

What I'm trying to say here is, coding, modeling, scripting, and other things, for a game of this magnitude, is NOT easy, and not something you should bitch about. The next time one of you makes a snide comment about KK working on "the wrong things", think about the little fact that maybe one of the teams couldn't finish on time.

Ever think that MAYBE Callash did the scripts for the bones because they didn't come into the game with screwed up stats? Callash ain't stupid, he knows everyone wants their PA, but WHAT THE HELL is it gonna do to script em for the wrong stats, just to have to go back and do it later? I am confident if the stats would have come out right, we'd have PE and Spy PA today instead of X-ray bones.

Sorry for the language used here, it just REALLY helps me to get my point across, because I'm sick of everything I hear. No one bothers to think about what they say before they say it, and it pisses me off to no end.

:eek: RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:eek: What he said :)

Clyde
04-10-03, 10:09
and exactly how long does it take to fix the stats? let alone both just so happened to have the wrong stats? I can understand that some if not all of the what.....3 coders they got are trying to figure out whats with the bug, but if it takes this long, i suggest they get dropped off the payroll o_O sounds like a stall tactic and sloppy coding to me rolled up in a nice pos patch mr fanboy :rolleyes:

GambitFlame
04-10-03, 12:26
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Neocron Defence Agency :p :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:D :D :D

Yup the only thing NDA should stand for :D

jernau
04-10-03, 13:26
and exactly how long does it take to fix the stats? let alone both just so happened to have the wrong stats? I can understand that some if not all of the what.....3 coders they got are trying to figure out whats with the bug, but if it takes this long, i suggest they get dropped off the payroll o_O sounds like a stall tactic and sloppy coding to me rolled up in a nice pos patch mr fanboy :rolleyes:

I think you'll find that top priority is the PE/skin bug. I can easily believe that one's a real problem to trace and fix. When they patch that I would assume they will also fix the PA.

Nvidia
04-10-03, 20:09
Clyde... I'm only going to answer that question with a quote my father always used to tell me when I complained about something without thinking about it first *cough* Clyde *cough*

"Until you've been a garbage man, don't complain about how your life sucks, because no one will listen."

If you think hard enough (might not be able to do it on the first try, Clyde, but don't worry, just keep trying, you'll get it!) you'll be able to understand how it relates in this situation.

Clyde
04-10-03, 22:07
rofl, your father isnt to bright because garbage men choose to do they line of work and they get payed a hefty amount for it (I know because my bro has a electrical degree but chooses to be a garbage man). So next time, try not to qoute some one that doesnt has a clue of what theyre talking about, hahah sounds like a qoute from a *cough* alcholic *cough* to me :rolleyes:

kurai
05-10-03, 05:43
And so, in present days, we find

that lying is quite obsolete,

that truth, sufficiently refined,

and made precise, spare, lean and neat

by an exact and literal mind,

is more effective than deceit

@Clyde: For your oh so literal mind - that means you avoided the point.

Clyde
05-10-03, 06:29
And so, in present days, we find

that lying is quite obsolete,

that truth, sufficiently refined,

and made precise, spare, lean and neat

by an exact and literal mind,

is more effective than deceit

@Clyde: For your oh so literal mind - that means you avoided the point.

the point has been long so avoided by yall "fanbitc... ops i mean fanboys". How long did it take you to write all that nonsense and still you seemed to stay off topic. Next time just type +1 and get it over with. Anyways, hows that next patch comin alone, hopefully we can so any kind of results soon.

Nvidia
05-10-03, 08:48
Clyde, the purpose of that quote was not to explain how much money they make, but to get the point across that... Unless you are a coder for a MMO, you should not be speaking as if you are one. Obviously, that idea was too hard for you to understand, I'll remember that in the future and try not to use big words.

And another thing, don't call me a fucking fanboy, because, really, I'm not. When KK fucks up, I make a general decision on whether they could have prevented it or not. Based on that decision, I either will defend them or be pissed at them. Certain issues arise in each patch that are not predictable. It happens in many, if not, all games. I complain only if something they did was preventable. Things like nerfs and such, and even then, I'd only complain if the nerf was unjustified.

Regardless, I will not argue further with you, because as I can tell, you lack the intelligence needed to have a civilized debate. You think anyone who defends KK is a fanboy, fine, keep thinking that way. All it does is make you look like a person who cannot admit when they've been beaten by COLD, HARD, FACTS.

Clyde
05-10-03, 10:16
You have not yet placed any facts on any situation to which your arguement could be justified by. all you are doing is pure spamming. Do you want a cookie for telling me that you only bitch when "you" think problems coulda been avoided? good for you and much luck with that. Still the fact remains that there hasnt been a fix and the patch has been out going on what 2 weeks? so your wasting your time defending them. KK is surely going down but aslong as I am a paying customer I am gonna ride them till its over. So mr nvidia, next time, once agian (since people like to try to use big words trying to convince themselves that they have higher of an IQ than a toaster) try posting ON topic. If you would like to PM me and continue this little pointless bickering, then do so and i can hear more about your daddys qoutes. Anyways, there seems to be a bug with the Xray bones npc, because whenever i give them the right ingrediants, he just takes them and doesnt give me the bone back, maybe its just a lag or me, will have to try it out agian

Kenjuten
05-10-03, 14:51
Anything is spamming when you want it to be.
Anything is +1 when you want it to be.
Anything is pointless and stupid when you see it that way.
Anything can be right when you want it to be right.
Anything you do can be different from what anyone else thinks it is when you want to believe it in such a way.

Looking at this entire thread, I side with the others on this one, Clyde.

Anyways, On Topic, I want to see the new power armors myself, since I'm curious as to how they're designed. The monks got powercloaks, so this should be interesting to say the least.

dr.fish
05-10-03, 19:36
good work callash, good to see someone is working!
cant wait for for the pe pa :)

Eddie
05-10-03, 20:12

Patching costs resources.

Taking the server offline, unless you are adding a LOT of content and/or serious bugfixes, takes time, and wears player's patiences.

I believe that this (correcting the stats) is very much out of Callash's hands, as it's up to the (paid) devs to do their stuff.

So lay off Callash just be a bit patient.

Eddie

P.S. (Yes I am a changed man, and I'm believing in the quote on my desktop that says "the bigger the hope, the bigger the disappointment" - so I've learnt to be a pessimistic at all possible times :P)

Mingerroo
05-10-03, 22:19
It seems to me that Clyde, you don't quite get it. They are very busy trying to fix a SHOWSTOPPER bug, it isn't that they just gave up on it and went home. A bug that it doesn't matter which freaking PA you have on because you can't see how good your target on your enemy is, or what class they are.

They have set their priorities, and to come in here calling everybody fanboys just because they actually have a sense of what is going on is obscene. Take a step back and look at what you posted, as soon as anybody presented a fair and reasonable case you claimed they were "fanboys" which is the same as saying to a parent who says you are in the wrong, "oh God, you always side with them". Which isn't true and is just an act of defense.

So basically, chill, and know that we know what we are talking about (well, a few of us :p)

Matthew.v.smith
05-10-03, 22:23
This thread is going nowhere.

Its like a selection of peeps slagging each other off over 1 little patch thats been put back for a bit.

It should end now ffs its just plain silly i mean how old r u guys??
Clyde? Nvidia?.......Hmmmm.

And theres nothing more annoying then having someone just join into the argument for a pointless reason its adding fuel to a fire o_O .

So i think we should just keep to topic yeh?:rolleyes:

Matty.:o

Richard Slade
06-10-03, 12:38
This IS a stick Matt and I DO belive somewhere in my simple mind,
that stickies are watched closely.

Also, I like fire

Burn baby burn!
Disco inferno!

Matthew.v.smith
06-10-03, 22:38
Well your utterly correct about having a "simple Mind" thats for sure..:lol: