PDA

View Full Version : Idea... Newb server..

Q`alooaith
28-09-03, 01:27
I was just thinking of the good old days.. when I was low level, and didn't know how to power level..

And then I had a thought, a creeping idea of how to bring team's into low level stuff, and make the group more important.. while removing all high level item's..

Newb server, where all classes cap's are reduced by 50%, so..

Tank's would cap at..

Str 50, Dex 35, Con 50, Int 10, Psi 5..

Spy's would cap at..

Str 20, Dex 50, Con 20, Int 50, Psi 10..

Psi monk's at..

Str 10, Dex 18, Con 22, Int 50, Psi 50..

you get the idea..

This would be a good sever for both PvP and PvM as mid level weapon's ballence are not too bad, and PPU's at 50 psi are not totaly uber..

The idea is that everyone is more dependate on everyone else, and hunting higher level mob's would require teaming. and not just APU/PPU team's..

Whatcha think, it's not fully fleashed out, I'll add more if the muse get's me again...

ooop's second option should be "I do not like the idea", if a mod could fix it, if not ppl just vote there if you don't like the idea..

Drake6k
28-09-03, 01:32
would rather have neptune

*ph33r*
28-09-03, 01:34
If you lowered the weapon requirements, and gave those weapons a nice boost then your idea would be superb. Screw rare weps, only have rare imps/bones etc on the server, no rare weapons that would just spoil it!

msdong
28-09-03, 01:35
why ????

i wanna play my char up to the end and not till halftime and then start all over again with the same.

Forseti
28-09-03, 01:35
Fixed your poll options and reset poll count.

Q`alooaith
28-09-03, 01:46
Originally posted by *ph33r*
If you lowered the weapon requirements, and gave those weapons a nice boost then your idea would be superb. Screw rare weps, only have rare imps/bones etc on the server, no rare weapons that would just spoil it!

no no no.. the whole point is it's mid level weapon's and item's only, so no big TPC's and top end gun's and spell's..

the idea is, that it's mid level, a server for more RP stance than the other's as you can't be mega uber overpowered...

So it's a mid level.. you know, so all high end weapon's are still about in the hand's of far tougher baddy's and since everyone such low level, it's a matter of swamping the hard un's.. it'd mean more people would have to team. soloing could be done, but you'd not find many people able to solo gaya mines..

Forseti, you didn't reset and then vote no did you.. you wicked thing you.... :p

KimmyG
28-09-03, 01:57
How bout we keep are mind on the low population of the servers right now there not exactly flourishing

Forseti
28-09-03, 02:00
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
Forseti, you didn't reset and then vote no did you.. you wicked thing you.... :p
Oh please, I'm to good for that. I'd edit the votes once more people have voted so nobody would notice it. ;)

Q`alooaith
28-09-03, 02:02
Originally posted by KimmyG
How bout we keep are mind on the low population of the servers right now there not exactly flourishing

they could be sitting at 5 per server peek time's and I'd not care..

The issuse is not weather the server's would lose too many people, or if there are enough player's, the question is, do you like the idea of a RP server where the cap's are half what they are on other server's..

Originally posted by Forseti
Oh please, I'm to good for that. I'd edit the votes once more people have voted so nobody would notice it. ;)

so you like the idea enough to do a good job of fixing the result's?I am that which can break a rock without sound and over time, I flow around and over obstical's and you like the rock shall be cracked..

Judge
28-09-03, 02:03
I like the idea, lots in fact, and thus voted that I like it.

However I do agree that there just isn't the server count atm for something like that.

And there would definitely have to be lots of GM interaction to keep the game fresh and alive on the server.

ichinin
28-09-03, 15:39
If i wanted to be harassed and be forced to play in a specific place, i'd play craparchy online.

KRIMINAL99
28-09-03, 21:45
yeah man neptune is WAAAYYYY overdue especially considering the pvp nerfs.

Q`alooaith
29-09-03, 00:16
Originally posted by ichinin
If i wanted to be harassed and be forced to play in a specific place, i'd play craparchy online.

where is this coming from?

did you read anything? or did you just post thinking it'd make you sound all big and clever?

The idea is simply a server where all player char's would cap at half the current retail cap's.. No weapon change's, no mob changes either..

Omnituens
29-09-03, 00:20
i can see certain folk just joining the server to own n00bs.

*cough* first week on venus *cough*

Birkoff
29-09-03, 00:30
Originally posted by Drake6k
would rather have neptune

Same as 99% of this games population :)

Q`alooaith
29-09-03, 00:37
Originally posted by Omnituens
i can see certain folk just joining the server to own n00bs.

*cough* first week on venus *cough*

you didn't read any of this did you..

It's be a RP server, where everyone would cap at half the normal's...

So everyone joining would not be newb's but people like yourself wanting to beat up newb's, finding trouble leveling high enough to do so effectivly, and leaving...

It'd mean more people would cap, since the cap's are lower, and PvP would be less imballenced as all the mega weapon's are high end..