PDA

View Full Version : I Just Got Owned in Regants

garyu69
27-09-03, 11:15
Bloody hell, they weren't joking about the amount of Mutants.
Loads and loads, holding Laser blade, Plasma Cannon's, Plasma Pistol's of some sort.

They took me down in less than 20 seconds.

http://www.no-wherefast.com/neocron/regants.jpg

Drexel
27-09-03, 11:19
Whats that 6 legged spider thingy bottom left ?

New Mobs ?

Any high level stuff there worth hunting ?

garyu69
27-09-03, 11:22
To be honest i didn't get a chance to actually look at them. I was driving through and my health was at 125, so i jumped off to run and heal but there was nothing i could do to stop my eventual deatg. :(

Mankind
27-09-03, 11:22
Ahh you just gave me something to do :) I'm gonna take my PPU monk and go in, I doubt I'll die :)

Drexel
27-09-03, 11:26
Good luck mankind, please report back here :D (if you live)

garyu69
27-09-03, 11:26
I dropped my Stealth 1.
Gah, oh well.

Death Pic:
http://www.no-wherefast.com/neocron/regants2.jpg

trigger hurt
27-09-03, 11:47
Went there on my ppu with a pistol PE. Neither of us died once. But the mobs drop crap loot. Was expecting to get some lvl 1 or lvl 2 implants, but all we got were shit bones.

J. Folsom
27-09-03, 12:05
Originally posted by Drexel
Whats that 6 legged spider thingy bottom left ?
That's a Large Poisonous Spider, which has been in for ages. ;p

All the mutants are new though.

MjukisDjur
27-09-03, 12:19
No kidding, I went there thursday and saw a mob of atleast 50 in a really really small gathering near the gate (except the hundred other mobs spread around the map). Pulled forward my trusty malediction and put 10 shots in the mob. I promise you, Star wars use less lightning effects than that mob. OMG ruuuuun forrest ruuuuun warning from that one. Cracked my dur 4 helmet :)

ezza
27-09-03, 12:22
yeah those mutants almost handed me my ass, one on one there easy, but when you get 6 or 7 hitting you at once with plasma its gets a bit to close for comfort.

they even broke my belt........again :( i go through enough belts as it is, no wonder my pants drop all the time:D

X452
27-09-03, 12:39
can u actualy go inside now? or is it still blocked?

garyu69
27-09-03, 12:41
hehe, i just noticed my FPS on that Screenshoot. 8, WOW!

I won't be going back there any time soon, can't handle that many of them at once.

Not sure if others had died too because just before the Zone was a Chaincraft and a Speedbike....

Oath
27-09-03, 14:06
to be honest i didnt notice a HUGE amount of damage, over weight of numbers sure they kick ass, just strap on a ppu and go pwn em.

Have to admit seing the scouts with long laser blades made me piss in my pants, though 10 of em attacking at once isnt very nice. KOS KOS

Parappa
27-09-03, 14:15
Those things drop non-store level 1 chips. I already have looted a berzerk1, moto1, filter heart1, strength booster 1 and advanced nerves 1.

Ultima
27-09-03, 14:51
Originally posted by X452
can u actualy go inside now? or is it still blocked?

still locked

Siygess
27-09-03, 15:05
Yup - racing down the road up to the main gate draws enough enough incoming plasma fire to put the death star trench-run to shame :)

Wannabe
27-09-03, 15:40
Mmm.. Guess where I'm gonna drag my PPU friend tonite :D

Just hope we won't have op wars tonite again :p

// Wannabe

garyu69
27-09-03, 17:37
You shouldn't go with a PPU, i think it makes it pointless. Go in a big gang, more exciting that way.

Because lets face it you'r not going to die with a PPU and you'll get shite loot, so make it more interesting, and leave the PPU at home :)

Progenitor
27-09-03, 18:26
A group is definately good.

I went by myself, and before I got too far, there were too many of them to fend off without some supporting fire to draw away the mutant fire.

The loot isn't great - the best is level 1 implants and advanced bones, but it is new and exciting.

The best time to go is at night though. All of that green plasma firing at you is cool in the dark.

-p

Wellard
28-09-03, 01:07
I went there sightseeing on day off last week, while server pop was down to 55.

Went on my hovertec with my APU..............
got totally owned, anyone find the remains of my bike? :( or c my belt? It was like a scene from The Matrix! :eek:

Told my friend who's a tank, he called me a noob and said no-one should get owned by muties............... I don't think I'll warn him :D

Q`alooaith
28-09-03, 01:09
ohhh that's evil...

I'm planning to take my APU later, should I pack barrel's or beam's?

Mantus
28-09-03, 01:19
Yah i payed it a visit. Very cool, didnt die though thanks to stealth.

Its awsome seeing the laser blades glowing in the mist like willowisps. Its not very hard once you reach the end of the bridge. There you can use its cover to kill the mutants in the water without getting hit much. I though that the little shanty town would be a good place to snipe as well, until the nomad traders started shooting me.

I think they should put these mutants in the Main Sewer!

Q`alooaith
28-09-03, 01:34
Originally posted by Mantus
I think they should put these mutants in the Main Sewer!

don't give them idea's or they might end up dumping them in all the sewers... ;)

*think's about 0/2 seeing mute with laserblade*

anyway, I think they should open regent's up, or very soon cause it'd be nice to have somwhere new to explore.. esp if the mob's start outside mutey toughness and get harder the deeper you go..

Wellard
30-09-03, 11:13
@ Q'alooaith - I was packing beams and barrels, never got a chance to use 'em! :eek:

Personally, next time I go, I'll be packing a PPU :p

hinch
30-09-03, 11:20
i made it to the actual entrance thank got for speed gun and moonie was on very little hp afterwards but thankfully my moonie softened them up from a distance then the tsg cleared them out afterwards.

it would be nice however if they dropped laser blades (are these things even purchasiable anymore?)

Cruzbroker
30-09-03, 11:24
Originally posted by Wellard
Told my friend who's a tank, he called me a noob and said no-one should get owned by muties............... I don't think I'll warn him :D

Yah, I like Point Red too.. muties.. only 120/120 ;)

J. Folsom
30-09-03, 11:32
Originally posted by hinch
it would be nice however if they dropped laser blades (are these things even purchasiable anymore?) Last I checked they were still available from some of the NPCs in TH.

switchback
30-09-03, 14:32
lol just reading your pics com, trying to loot other peolpes backpacks, tut tut

Archeus
30-09-03, 15:10
I went there last night.

I put a bus on but no one was intrested.

Took my bike instead.. accidently drove it into a lake and walked the rest.

When I got to the zone one thing I noticed the didn't all appear at once.

I walked in and saw one in the distance then turned around and noticed I had walked through about 20 of them.

They ignored me so I dropped a SC on them and they all laid into it doing little damage.

Checking the loot, warbot cola. Crap loot.

I crash and zone out near the gates in the water.. sheer luck with all the stuff shooting at me I make it to land that I can heal properly and get them off me.

One of them comes up close.. they are low level (level 40'ish)... seriously easy one on one.

It is just the sheer numbers that makes the deadly. I kept crashing a lot so I didn't risk wandering up to the front door but according to necronicle the gate is shut anyway.

tekno_tot
23-10-03, 17:27
Ive been inside there before....on a few occasions. Pre-Retail of course. I have scoured every inch of that place.....if you had to...youd know why its closed. It was poorly designed, poorly lit, goofy mobs in it....and once you got in...there was no way to get out (design flaws). I have a feeling that KK trashed the idea of what was inside..and is recreateing it. i might even have some old screenies of what was in there. ...ill have to check.

Archeus
23-10-03, 17:34
dont res old threads. :p

Gotterdammerung
23-10-03, 17:57
Please do not bump old threads