PDA

View Full Version : Why do I keep hearing this

Sunnmann
27-09-03, 03:07
In a few posts that I have read I keep hearing people refer to diff natinalities as groups. I know that there is language barriers and such, but it sadenns me that not only do we segregate ourselves in groups of Americans, canadians, europeans, Germans, etc... But it also seems that these people are not as much oputting different groups down, but saying things to that would cause hatred between all of us.

We are all HUMAN, we are all NEOCRON CITIZENS. Why do we haveto segregate and say such things. I do not want to single people out, so I am not quoting anyone here. But I think we have enough going on in this world and anywhere else to be trying to show hatred around here.

I MAY BE BLOWING THINGS OUT OF PROPORTION, BUT IT STINGS ME TO SEE THIS TYPES OFSTUFF EVEN IN ONLY 1 POST AT ALL.

(PS: Before you flame me for my views here, would like tosay that I know there will alwaysbe people out there like that and that there is nothing that I can do about this or anyone can really do about it. But too many times we get people that jump on that bandwagon and try to be with what at the moment might be the "In Croud".)

Sorry if I am totally off on this, but this is what I saw and how I feel.

(Wish I was bilengual though (my spelling gets bad when Itype fast), Then I could talk to other countries and not worry about boundries. Though I have triedto learn different languages and just could not grasp any of them except Computer)

Oath
27-09-03, 03:13
Originally posted by Sunnmann
In a few posts that I have read I keep hearing people refer to diff natinalities as groups. I know that there is language barriers and such, but it sadenns me that not only do we segregate ourselves in groups of Americans, canadians, europeans, Germans, etc... But it also seems that these people are not as much oputting different groups down, but saying things to that would cause hatred between all of us.

We are all HUMAN, we are all NEOCRON CITIZENS. Why do we haveto segregate and say such things. I do not want to single people out, so I am not quoting anyone here. But I think we have enough going on in this world and anywhere else to be trying to show hatred around here.

I MAY BE BLOWING THINGS OUT OF PROPORTION, BUT IT STINGS ME TO SEE THIS TYPES OFSTUFF EVEN IN ONLY 1 POST AT ALL.

(PS: Before you flame me for my views here, would like tosay that I know there will alwaysbe people out there like that and that there is nothing that I can do about this or anyone can really do about it. But too many times we get people that jump on that bandwagon and try to be with what at the moment might be the "In Croud".)

(Wish I was bilengual though (my spelling gets bad when Itype fast), Then I could talk to other countries and not worry about boundries. Though I have triedto learn different languages and just could not grasp any of them except Computer)

Sorry i was gonna post somwhing interedsting to say, but after re=reading it i sounded like a racist so im not posting it, but i agree, we are all human beings and should be treated as such rather than grouped together as 'the germans' or 'the english' etc. maybe tomorrow if i can be arses ill post my views properly.

in the mean time i agree with most of your post.
oh...........and also if your referring to my earlier post quoting shadow dancer then im not segregating anyone, on uranus at least you find that a lot of the german players will stck together, wether this is because of language barriers racism or whatnot isnt important fact is we segregate ourselves................and goddam am i tired no more posting, if ithis is in any way offensive PM me and ill edit it out, cos my brain isnt functioning right at mom lol.

Lexxuk
27-09-03, 03:14
Personally, I dont give a monkey's uncle what nationality a person is, what colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual preference, screen resolution, AMD or Intel. Its a virtual world out there, you cant tell what nationality a person is, or what colour, or even what sex (which led to a disturbing incident once, that I shant bore you with here).

Me, I've suffered from racist comments since I was 12ish, some people dont think of them as racist comments, which probably lets me be more broad and open about other people's nationalities.

MacenzieWolf
27-09-03, 03:17
I hear what you are saying, over the time i have been playing it I've seen wars between mainly English and German clans. Back when i was in NAT we were at war with the CM (who where mostly german) FA v CM, thats not right. All in all there is a lot of hate between enemy clan as people forget that its just a game and if they get killed by somone else its not personal.

Wars should be fun and sporting, all this stupid ninja hacking and what not really ruins the whole concept. I mean i've seen op wars where in the end the two clans stop fighting and congratulate each other on a good battle, but sadly this rarly happens.

I hope peoples attiduted to each other an the game will change in time but i somehow doubt it.

Lexxuk
27-09-03, 03:21
Originally posted by MacenzieWolf
[B]Wars should be fun and sporting[B]

o_O o_O like, a Civil War? Umm, War's are bloody things, with two sides fighting to the death at the bequest of their leader! No wars have ever been faught because one side was bored so decided to have a shoot out with someone else O_o

Btw, shortest war ever, was the UK vs some other country, started at 12:00, finished at 12:03, they gave up when we started shootin cannonballs @ them - now thats a fun and sporting war :D

MacenzieWolf
27-09-03, 03:36
My point is its only a game Lex.

Oath
27-09-03, 03:38

I wish more people thought like that, sadly, they are one in *erm* 1000 maybe?

Sunnmann
27-09-03, 05:58

Amen to that, I believe the same thing. It is a game that is made for our enjoyment, and I kind of see games like this as a graphical chat room where you can meet other people and also go out and have some fun.

NS_CHROME54
27-09-03, 06:39

the language barrier is a very interesting thing, my friend.

maybe i'm living under a rock, but, while i've seen public displays of pride in ones national background (i used to make a habit of yelling out CANADIAN OREOS PWNZ0RS AMERICAN OREOS in #neocron), i've naught to see anything that would really indicate arrogance and racist hate. i've also noticed that a LOT of ppl (at least on saturn) are bilingual (i, for example, speak english foremost, but am very skilled in french). This reduces the language barrier to nothing more then a sprinkler head sticking out of the ground that catches your foot while you're running. i hang out with germans, i hang out with french ppl, germans hang out w/ french ppl, i fight alongside germans and french ppl against english ppl.

i guess i'm rambling. my point is that, at least when i'm around, racism has just never been a problem. i find that people co-exist quite nicely in this game

edit: to sum it up, there's no hate in calling a german a german, after all, they are. i'm canadian, i won't hate you if you call me canadian, i won't hate you if you don't. just don't call me hateful

Richard Slade
27-09-03, 08:32
I don't honestly giving a flying fuck about who the hell any of you are
(not meant in a bad way)
As long as u got something to say when talking, I'm fine.
My only "rasist" part, if you want to call it that.
Is having to listen to Germans , atleast it's germans 90% of the time,
that just HAVE to speak German in faction channel or wherever
where I just can't mute it cuz of the info I might get from the channel
(Yes, local too)
Problem? Well I'm on a damn english server.
And IMO English server should mean English language spoken
No matter where ur from

Lexxuk
27-09-03, 12:37

it is? :( why didnt someone tell me sooner, I thought i was really havin sex in plaza 1 wiv all them spies :D

msdong
27-09-03, 12:46
In a few posts that I have read I keep hearing people refer to diff natinalities as groups. I know that there is language barriers and such, but it sadenns me that not only do we segregate ourselves in groups of Americans, canadians, europeans, Germans, etc.......

hi, i think this is not that hot as it may seem in the forum.
most ppl dont care about the time zone u live in and even better what color you skin is. NC comunity is quite tolerant.

Nidhogg
27-09-03, 15:40
There will be no discussion based on a national, political, religious or ethnical nature.I know this is a positive thread for the most part (so far) but it is still against the rules.

N